Disney with another bust on the way? (Snow White)

19,533 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedata
Ol_Ag_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
taxpreparer said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Logos Stick said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Sea Speed said:

I hope to God you aren't seriously asking if that is real.

There's an entire thread where half the people believe the story about mark wahlberg is real. You're seriously underestimating what blinders can do to peoples ability to think logically.

It's logical to believe that Disney would do something that stupid in the Age of Woke and given what trash they produce now.

See this is where the critical thinking comes into place. It's very logical to see Disney making Snow White an attractive young Hispanic chick becuase they just made the little mermaid an attractive young black chick.

It takes whole lotta dumb to extrapolate that out into Disney making a giant tub of goo black women into a teenage Jewish girl.

Not Disney, but "Hamilton" was a hit with racial substitution. Why would it be unthinkable that Disney would continue its current trend?

For the love of God. Use some critical thinking skills. It's a tweet with 2 likes, stating this premiered on Netflix six weeks ago and you've never heard about it till now, and the tagline says "I'm finna hide, yo".

I'm not saying woke washing doesn't exist. It clearly doe, and is stupid, and is crushing Disneys skull monetarily. But seriously use the some level of skepticism when reading dumb internet tweets.
nortex97
AG
Rebel Yell
AG
YouBet said:

Rebel Yell said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Logos Stick said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Sea Speed said:

There's an entire thread where half the people believe the story about mark wahlberg is real. You're seriously underestimating what blinders can do to peoples ability to think logically.

It's logical to believe that Disney would do something that stupid in the Age of Woke and given what trash they produce now.

See this is where the critical thinking comes into place. It's very logical to see Disney making Snow White an attractive young Hispanic chick becuase they just made the little mermaid an attractive young black chick.

It takes whole lotta dumb to extrapolate that out into Disney making a giant tub of goo black women into a teenage Jewish girl.

And she is a historical figure! There is no way they would change that - even for their woke religion.

That would make them the ultimate Queen of da Nile!

Never rule it out. We literally have so called health publications putting morbidly obese black women on their covers and gaslighting the public that these women are the new face of health.

Nothing is outside the realm of possibility anymore. America is dystopian in certain circles at this point.

Oh I know. I was being sarcastic.

My joke was in reference to our woke friends making Queen Cleopatra black.

That worked out so well for them.

EX TEXASEX
Logos Stick said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

I'm guessing the witch/queen is still white.

Oh yeah.
Plus, thanks to " White Privilege " we have mugger/burglar/racist/ emotionally and physically abusive husband locked down too !! You minorities don't even think about taking those roles !! Those are ours for decades to come !!!
taxpreparer
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

taxpreparer said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Logos Stick said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Sea Speed said:

Not Disney, but "Hamilton" was a hit with racial substitution. Why would it be unthinkable that Disney would continue its current trend?

For the love of God. Use some critical thinking skills. It's a tweet with 2 likes, stating this premiered on Netflix six weeks ago and you've never heard about it till now, and the tagline says "I'm finna hide, yo".

I'm not saying woke washing doesn't exist. It clearly doe, and is stupid, and is crushing Disneys skull monetarily. But seriously use the some level of skepticism when reading dumb internet tweets.

Did not say it was true. I asked why it was unthinkable it could happen. You seem to agree it could happen.
CS78
Quote:

They are at $116M total gross and theaters get about 50%, so Disney will end up making about $60M on their $200M spend. The longer a film runs, the smaller the % the distributor gets. Disney is probably getting closer to 30% of ticket sales now.

Disney's persistance has taken them across a threshold that is going to do longterm damage.

Parents now correctly assume that any animated Disney movie is going to have some political woke BS angle to it. For a long time, parents would try to judge an individual movie and decide if it's appropriate. Its now easier to just not even worry about it. If it's Disney, it's an automatic no.

Our family used to love going to the movies over the summer. This is the first summer where that just hasn't been happening.
Squadron7
AG
Maroon Dawn
AG
As part of the mandatory Girl Boss theme in every Disney movie now, there will be no Prince Charming.

Calling it now: Lesbian kiss from one of the female Renn Fair Hipster "dwarfs" is the "happy ending"
nortex97
AG
Squadron7 said:

Damn, that is true.
aggiehawg
AG
Lost in all of this, cartoon movies sell very well and cost much less to produce. Why even do very expensive live remakes of them?
nortex97
AG
aggiehawg said:

Lost in all of this, cartoon movies sell very well and cost much less to produce. Why even do very expensive live remakes of them?
The woke message must be driven home by actual mentally ill actors/actresses.
aggiehawg
AG
nortex97 said:

aggiehawg said:

Which brings up the next question. Cartoon movie do not require near the marketing costs because you do not need to pay the actors and actresses to attend so many premieres, red carpet events and do interviews. Just mostly TV ads and then merch.
AggieVictor10
AG
Horale!
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Pizza
Vepp said:

F16 Bamboozled?

Never!

This is my favorite comment. All you had to do was wait just a bit longer to see how wrong you are lol.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
doubledog
If Netflix can recast a Macedonian Cleopatra to a black sub Saharan, then why the hell not have a snow black(ish)?
milner79
Movie I want to see ...

Nanomachines son
My question is this: why does Disney keep choosing actresses who have wide set eyes? This is the 3rd movie they have done this for and these women are simply not attractive at all.

The hammerhead shark look is very unappealing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Logos Stick said:

From...

"Her skin was white as snow."

to...

"Her skin was brown as wood."

And they refused to cast midgets cuz woke!
This is the odd part to me...

They are denying little people opportunities to earn money in a role designed for little people.

Also, not entirely fake photos - Disney had to back track a little:
Quote:

But when asked to respond to Disney's claim that the photos were fake, the Daily Mail reported that the production studio "confirmed that stand-ins were used for both Rachel Zegler and Andrew Burnap in these images".

In a statement to The Independent, a Disney spokesperson clarified: "The images that ran [in the Daily Mail] are not official film photos. These show stand-ins for some talent and do not feature Rachel Zegler or Andrew Burnap."

Peter Dinklage (Game of Thornes, Elf, etc.) is not amused:
Quote:

Hollywood newcomer Rachel Zegler was chosen to play the iconic Disney princess in June 2021, followed by Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen and Andrew Burnap as the male lead. But the decision to remake the 1937 animated Disney film soon faced backlash from actor Peter Dinklage, who described the reboot as "f***ing backwards".

In an appearance on Marc Maron's WTF podcast in January 2022, the Game of Thrones star discussed the casting of Zegler in the lead role. "I was a little taken aback when they were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White," he said. "You're still telling the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Take a step back and look at what you're doing there. It makes no sense to me.

"You're progressive in one way and you're still making that f***ing backwards story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together. What the f*** are you doing man?"

A spokesperson for Disney later responded to the criticism in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, saying: "To avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film, we are taking a different approach with these seven characters and have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community. We look forward to sharing more as the film heads into production after a lengthy development period."
Aston04
AG
aggiehawg said:

nortex97 said:

aggiehawg said:

Which brings up the next question. Cartoon movie do not require near the marketing costs because you do not need to pay the actors and actresses to attend so many premieres, red carpet events and do interviews. Just mostly TV ads and then merch.
The live action remake allows the studio to pretend they are being creative to their audience... When in reality they are just rolling out the same story + woke crap. (Not creative)...
aggiehawg
AG
Aston04 said:

aggiehawg said:

nortex97 said:

aggiehawg said:

The live action remake allows the studio to pretend they are being creative to their audience... When in reality they are just rolling out the same story + woke crap. (Not creative)...
They have a creativity problem as well as an extreme lack of business acument. I posted a clip of an interview Barry Diller have over the weekend. Near the end of it he was talking about AI and publishing being the bigger threat with ChatGPT scooping up everything on the internet, irrespective of copyright laws. The actors are near in as peril from AI as are the creators of the content, the writers and directors.

That puts Disney behind the 8 ball between their media companies like ABC and now their movie making being shut down due to the strike.

Squadron7
AG
I read a post that claimed that in the original lore the dwarves were dwarves for a reason.

I'm not familiar enough with the original original story that the old Disney cartoon was based on to know what they might mean by that.

Any ideas?
aggiehawg
AG
Squadron7 said:

I read a post that claimed that in the original lore the dwarves were dwarves for a reason.

I'm not familiar enough with the original original story that the old Disney cartoon was based on to know what they might mean by that.

Any ideas?
Quote:

The Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales are universally acknowledged as the inspiration for the fairy tales we enjoy in book and film today. With various versions including film and pantomime, the modern day versions differ from Grimm's tales slightly. Mainly, the modern day fairy stories are less dark then the originals, which involved more 'grim' themes.

What is Snow White Based on?
There has also been the suggestion that the story of Snow White originated from the real-life story of a countess and her alleged lover, Philip II of Spain.

The countess, named Margarete von Waldeck (1553 1554) was supposedly poisoned at a young age, as politics were more important than real love at the time. Another coincidence Margarete had a terrible relationship with her stepmother.

Meanwhile, the town the countess grew up in, Wildungen, was also home to a number of copper mines. The workers of whom were young children, who suffered stunted growth due to malnutrition and poor working conditions. Allegedly, they were referred to as 'poor dwarfs'.

These findings were published in 1994 by German Scholar Eckhard Sander, who's book Schneewittchen: Marchen oder Wahrheit? (Snow White: Is It a Fairy Tale?) noted these comparisons.
LINK
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

Meanwhile, the town the countess grew up in, Wildungen, was also home to a number of copper mines. The workers of whom were young children, who suffered stunted growth due to malnutrition and poor working conditions. Allegedly, they were referred to as 'poor dwarfs'.

I think I'd sooner see my kids working in the copper mines than working as a child actor in Hollywood.
aggiehawg
AG
Squadron7 said:

Quote:

I think I'd sooner see my kids working in the copper mines than working as a child actor in Hollywood.
Good point.
lethalninja
Apparently, the prince isn't in the new movie.
Squadron7
AG
lethalninja said:

Apparently, the prince isn't in the new movie.

But of course!
Squadron7
AG
The Critical Drinker weighs in....

EclipseAg
AG
Nanomachines son said:

My question is this: why does Disney keep choosing actresses who have wide set eyes? This is the 3rd movie they have done this for and these women are simply not attractive at all.

The hammerhead shark look is very unappealing.
Anyone who needed proof that our world is completely bonkers only needed to read all the tweets and comments about how beautiful the new mermaid was.
Prosperdick
AG
Squadron7 said:

Quote:

It's what happens when you're so desperate to showcase your progressive credentials and to conform to the endlessly growing list of contradictory demands and nonsensical restrictions that you end up tying both of your creative hands behind your back and what you ultimately produce is just as soulless, joyous, and pointless as the people you're desperately trying to win approval from.
This is a perfect encapsulation of the woke movement and why it's killing the entertainment industry.

This "woke movement" coupled with the writer's strike could ultimately land a death blow to Disney and other entertainment conglomerates and who knows what will be left in the smoldering remains...perhaps Angel Studios!!! Now wouldn't that be ironic.
Little Rock Ag
AG
With the rapidly growing availability of CGI and AI technology to the masses, it won't be long before Joes on the street are producing full-length high quality movies that aren't bound by Hollywood's woke parameters.
aggiehawg
AG
Little Rock Ag said:

With the rapidly growing availability of CGI and AI technology to the masses, it won't be long before Joes on the street are producing full-length high quality movies that aren't bound by Hollywood's woke parameters.
And showing them on their youtube channels? Because that's a double edged sword. Youtube censors and demonetizes content creators with a new vigor since they changed the TOS about a week ago.

Any content that is on a streaming service can be edited, removed outright at any time.
Squadron7
AG
If I know my present day Disney, the only reason Timothee Chalamet isn't Snow White is because he was already signed for the next iteration of Willie Wonka that no one wants.
aggiehawg
AG
Short video by Andrew. At about the five minute mark, Disney has had to redo their contracts with their merch suppliers and they have been taking it up the azz with all the failures.

In short, Disney will now have to eat the costs for unsold merch, not the manufacturers.

jokershady
AG
Squadron7 said:

this guy has quickly become one of my favorite YouTubers and critics!
Squadron7
AG
jokershady said:

Squadron7 said:

this guy has quickly become one of my favorite YouTubers and critics!

Go away now!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.