Zero Amish Children Diagnosed with Cancer, Diabetes or Autism

5,226 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by usmcbrooks
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
boulderaggie
AG
Good for them. We should all be eating their diet, using their medicines and vaccines, and emulating their physical activity. I bet they have a very low carbon footprint to boot. Seems like they have a lot of things figured out.
Rapier108
Any source other than "SlayNews"?

Not saying it isn't true, but way too many so called "news" sites out there which are BS and SlayNews just sounds like junk.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Phatbob
AG
boulderaggie said:

Good for them. We should all be eating their diet, using their medicines and vaccines, and emulating their physical activity. I bet they have a very low carbon footprint to boot. Seems like they have a lot of things figured out.
Not so sure about that one... The one thing I know it means is that Mountain Dew doesn't cause cancer. I've never seen a cart of an Amish family in a grocery store that didn't have a few 24 packs of the stuff.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rapier108 said:

Not saying it isn't true, but way too many so called "news" sites out there which are BS and SlayNews just sounds like junk.

This.
The Kraken
AG
With a name like "Slay News", it must be true!
beerad12man
AG
So what is the argument, or what are we supposed to take from this?
V8Aggie
AG
So while the Amish can seek modern medicine, they typically don't elect for anything past basic services.

Not surprising their numbers are skewed if they're not undergoing real testing thus going undiagnosed.

Also they eat a lot of horse paste. ( I kid )
Highway6
AG
Phatbob said:

boulderaggie said:

Not so sure about that one... The one thing I know it means is that Mountain Dew doesn't cause cancer. I've never seen a cart of an Amish family in a grocery store that didn't have a few 24 packs of the stuff.
I thought they did not partake in caffeine
C@LAg
beerad12man said:

all vaccines are bad.
FDA is bad.
Seamaster
AG
On the one hand, yeah, its 'Slay News'....

On the other hand, legacy mainstream media doesn't actually investigate things anymore and instead are just mouthpieces for the regime.

As to the topic at hand, count me among the growing number of people that thing our "PharmaVax Inc" approach to medicine is horrible and drives bad outcomes.
GinMan
AG
Geddy Lee soul patch said:

With a name like "CNN", it must be true!
FIFY

Now do CNN…….
Phatbob
AG
Highway6 said:

Phatbob said:

boulderaggie said:

I thought they did not partake in caffeine
You might be thinking of Mormons. Some Ordnung are stricter than others, so there might be some somewhere that don't allow caffeine, but there are some more lenient groups that even allow for drinking beer.
willtackleforfood
AG

Has the CDC released data from their long term studies on childhood vaccines?
Faustus
Excepting possibly Bud Light now.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
"Ezekiel has passed on"

"What did he die from?"

"He was smited by the Almighty for planting his corn too early and wearing the wrong hat."
samurai_science
C@LAg said:

beerad12man said:

all vaccines are bad.
FDA is bad.

There is a reason Big Pharma has avoided paying over a Billion dollars in medical damages to people damaged by vaccines. Oh right, they have immunity! Tax payers have paid the damages.........
Picard
AG
We been spending most our lives
Livin' in an Amish paradise
C@LAg
families have 7 kids on average.

because of this adults likely die earlier so no chance for cancer to develop.
C@LAg
samurai_science said:

C@LAg said:

beerad12man said:

all vaccines are bad.
FDA is bad.

There is a reason Big Pharma has avoided paying over a Billion dollars in medical damages to people damaged by vaccines. Oh right, they have immunity!
yep. another trump failure for allowing that to happen so he could claim scoreboard on an untested vcaccine/.
Phatbob
AG
Moving to an area that has a lot of Amish definitely changed my views on what they are like... The first time I saw a horse drawn buggy with subwoofers installed on the back completely blew my worldview.
FCBlitz
I don't believe it. Statistically impossible to have "ZERO"!
agz win
AG
beerad12man said:

Kelly McGillis was a hot Amish woman.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Electricity causes autism.
jja79
AG
People who made the stupid decision to leave the control group and join the study group have no one to blame but themselves if they did it while Trump was in office. The crime against humanity occurred under Biden and he should face the consequences.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
CanyonAg77
AG
Rapier108 said:

The "study" is from this group, so make your own decision

https://www.vacsafety.org/about-us/
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Phatbob said:

boulderaggie said:

Have some family from Seminole, TX and the Mennonites in the area are the same way. The Jr. High kids will chug Mountain Dew, chainsmoke Marlboro reds and work 16 hours a day. Different world than anything I am accustomed to seeing.
Signel
AG
It is not like cancer was unheard of before vaccines. I doubt this study heavily.
Rapier108
Oh here we go again.

The anti-vaxxers have a new thread to tell everyone we'd be better off with everything from tetanus to smallpox running amok.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Signel said:

It is not like cancer was unheard of before vaccines. I doubt this study heavily.
Same for diabetes.

Autism has likely been around as well, just called other stuff.
Old May Banker
AG
agz win said:

beerad12man said:

Kelly McGillis was a hot Amish woman.

And then looked what happened after she left that religion.... maybe the Amish are on to something.

CanyonAg77
AG
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2010/01/08/amish-have-low-cancer-rate/23895255007/

Quote:

Rates are based on the average number of people per 100,000 who developed the disease each year between 1996 and 2003.

The overall rate of cancer in Amish adults was 390, compared with 647 in the population at large.

The low rates of tobacco use among the Amish explained some of that, but not all. Rates of tobacco-related cancers were 82 for the Amish and 222 for others.

jja79
AG
Who has said that? People skeptical about a medical experiment are justified in that skepticism as this plays out.
CanyonAg77
AG
https://imfar.confex.com/imfar/2010/webprogram/Paper7336.html

Quote:

From September 2008 to October 2009, 1899 Amish children were screened in the two Amish communities. A total of 25 children screened positive for ASD on either the SCQ or the DSM-IV-TR checklist. A total of 14 screened positive for ASD on both screeners. Of those 25 children, 14 were evaluated and seven children were confirmed as having a diagnosis of ASD using the ADI and/or ADOS, and clinical judgment. Interestingly, four of the seven only met ASD criteria on the ADOS but not the ADI. Three of the four who were not diagnosed by the ADI only missed criteria on the Behavioral Domain, which may be attributable to the reporting style of Amish caregivers.

Conclusions:
Preliminary data have identified the presence of ASD in the Amish community at a rate of approximately 1 in 271 children using standard ASD screening and diagnostic tools although some modifications may be in order. Further studies are underway to address the cultural norms and customs that may be playing a role in the reporting style of caregivers, as observed by the ADI. Accurate determination of the ASD phenotype in the Amish is a first step in the design of genetic studies of ASD in this population.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.