Hottest day ever on Earth (more drama)

7,078 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by rgvag11
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess that's why she jets around the world burning hydrocarbons to lecture us on why we should move to all renewables. She knows it doesn't matter anymore so
May as well see the world.
rwpag71
AG
The average global temperature reached 17.01 degrees Celsius (62.62 Fahrenheit), surpassing the August 2016 record of 16.92C (62.46F) as heatwaves sizzled around the world.
FFS. Does anyone actually think global temperature can be accurately calculated to the nearest .01 degree? The error bar would swallow this differential.
Aggie95
AG
This article sure seems to point to some climate crisis ahead. As many have mentioned, a warmer planet is deemed terrible by these "scientists" yet most people agree colder is worse!

Oh and until any article similar to this include's an ideal temp of earth, I will continue to file them in my "don't care" box.
jja79
AG
As opposed to Texas getting to a cooler mountain climate here in Arizona is a relatively short drive. Mt. Lemon, Prescott, Flagstaff, Show Low, etc are within a couple of hours.
AgDad121619
AG
I'm kinda excited. Want to see dinosaurs before I kick
eric76
AG
Ag87H2O said:

fc2112 said:

Monday, July 3, was the hottest day ever recorded globally, according to data from the U.S. National Centers for Environmental Prediction.

The average global temperature reached 17.01 degrees Celsius (62.62 Fahrenheit), surpassing the August 2016 record of 16.92C (62.46F) as heatwaves sizzled around the world.

"It's a death sentence for people and ecosystems."
So this goes back what - 150 or 200 years? There is no way anyone can make a definitive statement like that which implies it's the hottest day in history.

On top of that, were talking about .16 degrees over the last supposed hottest day. Big deal. Not sure we can reliably measure to that level of precision anyway, especially over the entire planet.

The inflammatory rhetoric is so tired and overblown. I've been hearing that nonsense since the 1970s, yet here we all are doing just fine. Even if you were to buy into the climate change drivel, it's not like people can't adapt and continue right on living.

It's all alarmist crisis mongering geared to scare the weak minded into compliance with the left's goal to control everyone and everything.
It's definitely not the hottest day in history. Even in human history.

There is reason to believe that something like 6,000 to 10,000 years ago, it was about 2 or 3 F warmer than today and with sea levels something like 6 or 7 feet higher. It was that warm period that allowed mankind to stop living lives of wandering subsistence hunters and to settle down and start farming, thus taking the first baby steps toward civilization.
eric76
AG
jja79 said:

As opposed to Texas getting to a cooler mountain climate here in Arizona is a relatively short drive. Mt. Lemon, Prescott, Flagstaff, Show Low, etc are within a couple of hours.
Depending on where you are in Texas, Cloudcroft and Alto, New Mexico are not that far away.
MagnumLoad
cb1919 said:

It's funny to see the "Hottest Day Ever" headlines. When you say hottest day ever, you are talking about the hottest day ever recorded. When you are only talking about recorded days, you are talking about, at best, 100 years? If that's the case you are talking about 100 years of a planet that is 4.5 billion years old.

And recording stations have changed locations and some have been surrounded by metro areas, and recording devices have changed, and .16 degrees is a joke. FJB
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
rausr
rausr
AG
Peru to declare emergency status as Ubinas volcano rumbles

Quote:

Peru will declare emergency status in the area around the Ubinas volcano in the southern region of Moquegua, the prime minister said on Monday, as the country's most active volcano has been spewing ash for several days.

Quote:

after the volcano showed ash spill that reached 1,700 meters in height.
jja79
AG
it's far for the vast majority of Texans though unless you live in El Paso or Pecos.
c-jags
Brittmoore Car Club said:

eric76 said:

jja79 said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

Sounds to me like it is easily fixed with higher taxes, equity and masks.

It was 117 degrees here in Phoenix Monday. I don't believe I can afford the higher taxes on that.
Tucson would be better than Phoenix, I think. Plus, you could go up in the mountain (Mt Lemmon or something like that) to escape the heat.

Flagstaff would be much nicer in the summer, though.

Flagstaff is great in the summer.
i had a work trip there a few years back. 50s and 60s in the morning. a late morning shower during "monsoon" season, and then highs in the 80s and cool nights.

I'd say it was perfect other than the 80s, they were a bit muggy but best climate in the summer i've ever experienced.
WBBQ74
AG
I know where these dolts can stick their thermometer
AggieVictor10
AG
Just crank up the AC
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
Dimebag Darrell
jja79 said:

You are in golf Mecca. I am extremely jealous. All kinds of cool courses within 1-2 hours of you. And obviously tons within 20-30 min.
annie88
AG
It's summer and it's hot. And it's only in recorded time. There's billions of other years they don't know about.

These people just want to live their life in fear and push this climate change bull***** And that's all it is is bull***** We have record high sometimes and we have record lows. That's it. Enough of this crap.

I cannot imagine, living my life in constant doom and gloom and fear. And in 30-40 years from now when nothing happens, they're still going to be doing it.
Burdizzo
AG
jja79 said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

Sounds to me like it is easily fixed with higher taxes, equity and masks.

It was 117 degrees here in Phoenix Monday. I don't believe I can afford the higher taxes on that.

It's hotter than a furnace fan out in Arizona. A hundred and ten ain't nothin when you live out there, you see.
doubledog
How was this "average" temperature measured? If it was from individual recording stations, where the vast majority are surrounded by landscapes of concrete, then I would say their measurements are biased.
Flavius Agximus
AG

Someone tell me what year is the "ideal" climate year, so I know whether to be concerned about warming or cooling. Thanks in advance.

"The goal for all our teams at Texas A&M is to perform at a consistently high level and compete for conference and national titles."
AggieMD95
AG
Hottest day except for almost all of the other days these past four billion years

Science much enviros?
richardag
Ag87H2O said:

fc2112 said:

Monday, July 3, was the hottest day ever recorded globally, according to data from the U.S. National Centers for Environmental Prediction.

"It's a death sentence for people and ecosystems."
So this goes back what - 150 or 200 years? There is no way anyone can make a definitive statement like that which implies it's the hottest day in history.

On top of that, were talking about .16 degrees over the last supposed hottest day. Big deal. Not sure we can reliably measure to that level of precision anyway, especially over the entire planet.

The inflammatory rhetoric is so tired and overblown. I've been hearing that nonsense since the 1970s, yet here we all are doing just fine. Even if you were to buy into the climate change drivel, it's not like people can't adapt and continue right on living.

It's all alarmist crisis mongering geared to scare the weak minded into compliance with the left's goal to control everyone and everything.
I doubt it can go back 150 years. Global temperature must necessarily be taken at specific points, either through ground based thermometers or satellite infrared(?) readings. If land based, any roads or large structures built near by will affect the readings, sometimes a lot.

Massive data sets are hard to quantify, easily manipulated and if reported honestly and correctly have extremely high statistical deviations.
GLOBAL TEMPERATURE | January 16. 2015. 11:40 Explainer: How do scientists measure global temperature?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Psycho Bunny
buzzardb267
AG
Meanwhile....it snowed in the Bighorn Mountains yesterday. No one told the weather/climate it was supposed to be hot.
"ROGER - OUT"
jja79
AG
I got a new AC unit last month. Bring it.
HoustonAg101
Slyfox07
AG
BaileyAg said:

And some scientists believe a "little ice age" is set to begin around 2030.
They don't know anything but their marching orders are to frighten the public and push dire predictions
They've been pushing dire predictions that never pan out for decades.

Weirdly, their solution is always "global communism"
oh no
AG
Explains why nato / USA is trying to instigate ww3 and nuclear annihilation. A nuclear winter will significantly cool this rock down for a good long while!

4stringAg
AG
cb1919 said:

It's funny to see the "Hottest Day Ever" headlines. When you say hottest day ever, you are talking about the hottest day ever recorded. When you are only talking about recorded days, you are talking about, at best, 100 years? If that's the case you are talking about 100 years of a planet that is 4.5 billion years old.
Exactly. None of the MSM or any of these climate shysters ever notes that though because it would completely nullify any argument they make.
Ol Rock
AG
I didn't even notice. I guess it's not a big deal.
halfastros81
AG
I suspect an audit of where the temperatures are recorded and a review of the calculations would not go all that well. I have little doubt the placement of the thermometers and changes made to the placement over the years has been designed to get the desired answer .

Beyond that tho, what is the optimal earth temperature?
Beat40
halfastros81 said:

I suspect an audit of where the temperatures are recorded and a review of the calculations would not go all that well. I have little doubt the placement of the thermometers and changes made to the placement over the years has been designed to get the desired answer .

This is the key question, and no climate change advocate can answer it -- it's just we cannot increase by 1C!
Burdizzo
AG
Beat40 said:

halfastros81 said:

This is the key question, and no climate change advocate can answer it -- it's just we cannot increase by 1C!

If you think arguing with your wife over the thermostat is a beatdown, just wait until governments start arguing about the optimal temperature for the Earth.
neil88
AG
Don't forget Payson
rausr
AG
Quote:

Nearly every province in Canada has fires burning. A record 30,000 square miles (80,000 square kilometers) have burned, an area nearly as large as South Carolina, according to the Canadian government.
rgvag11
BQAg84 said:

Someone tell me what year is the "ideal" climate year, so I know whether to be concerned about warming or cooling. Thanks in advance.

I thought your graph was interesting and wanted some more context, so I looked up the picture. It was plagiarized from a 2019 Spanish research paper called Los derrubios estraticados holocenos de Pran. An article that studies the stratified and cemented debris present in Pran, a sector of the low mountain of the Picos de Europa forming part of the Cantabrian Mountains in northern Spain.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350924672_Los_derrubios_estratificados_holocenos_de_Praon_Picos_de_Europa_Montanas_Cantabricas

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.