Michelle Obama's Princeton thesis slammed

12,358 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Pizza
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On race, victimization of course.

One part: Claims that by being black at Princeton, she will never be only allow me to remain on the periphery of society, ever becoming a full participant."

And regarding her statement about the kids, "the strength and grit that lies inside kids who have always had to sweat a little more to climb the same ladders" are white sometimes too, Michelle. In fact, they're all colors.

aggiehawg
AG
I thought the main reason she got into Princeton was because her brother was a basketball star there?
C@LAg
Moochelle is screaming racism again.

Color me shocked.
DallasAg 94
Hoosegow
aggiehawg said:

I thought the main reason she got into Princeton was because her his brother was a basketball star there?
FIFY
Stat Monitor Repairman
Michelle writes thesis in first person.
annie88
AG
C@LAg said:

Moochelle is screaming racism again.

Color me shocked.

Well, she started out like this, but yeah.

Did she experience life differently than a white person? I'm sure she did, but this fantasy at all white people float through life without any issues is just disgusting.
annie88
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

And by "periphery" of society, she means First Lady... in the White House, right?!

This is what gets me too. Then after all she and her husband have achieved in the political and popular arenas, she still is resentful and angry. Still.
oh no
AG
show me a picture of michelle obama pregnant and i'll think about reading the drivel she posted on twitter today
Love Gun
I'm calling bull**** on this. Incorrectly capitalizing the word "black" did not become a thing until idiots started doing it after George Floyd. Me thinks this APA-formatted thesis wasn't done by her/him until recently.
**** Joe Biden
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

"I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong."
She's correct. She didn't belong there, and not because of her race.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
akm91
AG
It's a farce that blacks have it harder to get into these elite schools. Stats don't lie: blacks in the 4th lowest academic decile has a higher admission rate than asians in the highest academic decile to be admitted.

"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
BG Knocc Out
annie88 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

And by "periphery" of society, she means First Lady... in the White House, right?!

This is what gets me too. Then after all she and her husband have achieved in the political and popular arenas, she still is resentful and angry. Still.
Truly oppressed people. F*** Hussein and his wife.

Current home...

Site of future second home on exclusive shoreline of Hawaii...not too scared of rising sea waters...
annie88
AG
Love Gun said:

I'm calling bull**** on this. Incorrectly capitalizing the word "black" did not become a thing until idiots started doing it after George Floyd. Me thinks this APA-formatted thesis wasn't done by her/him until recently.

You don't think on a thesis about the Black experience at Princeton she wouldn't capitalize Black?

Also, over the decades in years, sometimes people did capitalize races as proper nouns. Just because it's technically become "official" by AP standards does not necessarily mean it's never been done.
TxTarpon
Yep
And MLK Jr plagiarized his.
Everyone knows.....
Rex Racer
AG
Love Gun said:

She even capitalized -gasp- "White"!
nortex97
AG
It's been, what, 2 or 3 years since big mike whined about racism? Ice cream line cutters, people petting his dog?

She/he went to Princeton, then Harvard law on affirmative action admission/scholarship programs, then whined her way into taking the Nike account at Sidley because when she wasn't given it, it was due to racism. He/She is a horrible person to this day.

It would be interesting to know what big mike has to say about little hunter getting into Princeton law as a transfer on the basis of his application using his great poetry skills. The only entitled white kid to ever gain admission as such, so far as I know. At least he didn't have to deal with racial jungles growing up/in school, right Moochelle?
Love Gun
Rex Racer said:

Love Gun said:

She even capitalized -gasp- "White"!

Because she, and everyone else that does it, are ****ing idiots. Black and white are not races, they're colors. As in, they are adjectives when describing people's skin color.

We can't just change the English language to virtue signal at your choosing.
**** Joe Biden
Robert L. Peters
I hope nobody goes back to read the crap I wrote. That goes equally for the classes I worked hard in and the ones I attended the first and last days.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Owlagdad
Her thesis reads more like a kid who is not assured of herself because of some other reason than blackness.Maybe because she was fat, ugly and sort of manly looking. Where as a good looking black woman would have had lots of white guys wanting in her britches.
Hell, I didnt feel at home with Rice engineering students, and they let it be known that football players were not good for the academic reputation of the University. I could have let that sheet bother me, but I didnt, worked my ass off and got the hell out of there.
torrid
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Site of future second home on exclusive shoreline of Hawaii...not too scared of rising sea waters...

That image is making Regimental Sgt. Major Jonathan Quayle Higgins role in his grave.
Secolobo
AG
Libs, why isn't this a hate crime?
ABATTBQ11
AG
She should be asked if her half black husband should have been denied admissions in favor of a poor white student because he was raised by his wealthy white grandparents and came from a world of wealth, power, and privilege. As much as she makes these arguments, it's been shown that poor black kids are rarely the recipients of affirmative action. It's typically black students that come from wealthy families and have the same wealth, power, and privilege she generalizes towards white students.
deddog
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

annie88 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Truly oppressed people. F*** Hussein and his wife.

Current home...

Stop already.

He would not be able to do this, without the scrubbers in NYC Pizzerias
Txhuntr
AG
annie88 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Liberalism 101: you're not allowed to be happy & content. As soon as you make it lawful for a trans dude to slap a kid in the face with his tallewhacker, you have to move on to halting construction on housing projects because it is eradicating the yellow wing mosquito that one tribe in sub Saharan Africa uses for an aphrodisiac
SA68AG
AG
Would a "Dear Diary" qualify as a thesis for a white student ?

Her thesis is the intellectual equivalent of an assignment to write a report about what you did during your summer vacation.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Michelle writes thesis in first person.
She had to--or else how can she explain her subjective truths?
BBRex
AG
I don't think her writing is horrible. It isn't what I would want to read for fun, but it isn't terrible. I've seen worse writing here. I'd also point out that she wrote a 60-page research thesis, with quantitative data, to earn a bachelor's degree. There are probably colleges out there now where a similar study could earn you a doctorate.

Of course all that might be more about the current state of education than a reflection on Michelle Obama.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
annie88 said:

On race, victimization of course.

One part: Claims that by being black at Princeton, she will never be only allow me to remain on the periphery of society, ever becoming a full participant."

And regarding her statement about the kids, "the strength and grit that lies inside kids who have always had to sweat a little more to climb the same ladders" are white sometimes too, Michelle. In fact, they're all colors.

Typical progressive victimhood on display - see the competing arguments about putting blackness first and then whining about white people noticing it...

Quote:

"...there was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the Black community I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost."

Then literally 2 sentences later:
"Regardless of the circumstances underwhich [sic] I interact with Whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be Black first and a student second."

Whhhaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
agdoc2001
AG
BBRex said:

I don't think her writing is horrible. It isn't what I would want to read for fun, but it isn't terrible. I've seen worse writing here.

It's written like a 6th grade C student with a new thesaurus.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nortex97
AG
I do so wish some interviewer some day asked her about that pathetic thesis, including some follow up questions.

Malia went to Harvard but Sasha, after the proper public private Quaker education at Sidwell was so dumb she had to go to lowly U of Michigan even despite her name/connections, before moving on to live with her sister in LA.
TequilaMockingbird
BBRex
AG
agdoc2001 said:

BBRex said:

I don't think her writing is horrible. It isn't what I would want to read for fun, but it isn't terrible. I've seen worse writing here.

It's written like a 6th grade C student with a new thesaurus.
Maybe so, but it is probably better writing than many, if not most, undergraduate college students could produce right now. The focus on testing and test-taking and getting rid of cursive instruction are killing writing.
TAMU1990
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

She should be asked if her half black husband should have been denied admissions in favor of a poor white student because he was raised by his wealthy white grandparents and came from a world of wealth, power, and privilege. As much as she makes these arguments, it's been shown that poor black kids are rarely the recipients of affirmative action. It's typically black students that come from wealthy families and have the same wealth, power, and privilege she generalizes towards white students.

The ugly secret about the Ivies - there aren't that many poor people there to begin with.
AgNav93
AG
That reads like a "What I did on Summer Vacation" report. How embarassing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.