FBI Whistleblower: DD Abbate threatened agents objecting treatment of Jan 6th suspect

1,917 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by oysterbayAG
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

On Thursday, Empower Oversight submitted an affidavit of a new FBI whistleblower who came forward with allegations of improper intimidation by FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate. The whistleblower claimed that shortly after Abbate's appointment in February 2021, Abbate threatened agency employees concerned about the bureau's overblown response to the Jan. 6 Capitol demonstrations that same year.
Quote:

During a secure video conference, said the unnamed employee, Abbate called on agency staff with concerns about the bureau's approach to the Jan. 6 riot to meet with the deputy director personally so he could, in the whistleblower's words, "set them straight."

"I have witnessed hundreds of Director [Secure Video Teleconference]s and have never seen a direct threat like that any other time," the whistleblower said in the affidavit. "It was chilling and personal, communicating clearly that there would be consequences for anyone that questioned his direction."
Quote:

In May, House lawmakers on the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government heard from several other FBI whistleblowers who made similar claims about the conduct of agency leadership.
Former FBI Special Agent Steve Friend, who filed for whistleblower protection in August, told the committee he raised concerns over the FBI's reaction to the Capitol riot, which he thought "could have undermined potentially righteous prosecutions and may have been part of an effort to inflate the FBI's statistics on domestic extremism."

"I also voiced concerns that the FBI's use of SWAT and large-scale arrest operations to apprehend suspects who were accused of nonviolent crimes and misdemeanors, represented by counsel, and who pledged to cooperate with the federal authorities in the event of criminal charges created an unnecessary risk to FBI personnel and public safety," Friend said. "At each level of my chain of command, leadership cautioned that despite my exemplary work performance, whistleblowing placed my otherwise bright future with the FBI at risk."

Garret O'Boyle, another former FBI special agent who filed for whistleblower protection, told lawmakers how he moved his family "halfway across the country" before the FBI suspended him for speaking out.
LINK
AgBQ-00
AG
FBI getting closer and closer
RoadkillBBQ
The response and crackdown on the January 6th protestors had to be overblown and severe. After all it was a message to the American people to not mess with the politically elite.

richardag
I am holding out hope there will be more whistleblowers and more of this heinous corruption of our ethics and dishonorable actions in our bureaucracies is exposed.

From the article:
  • "They allowed us to sell my family's home. They ordered me to report to the new unit when our youngest daughter was only two weeks old. Then, on my first day on the new assignment, they suspended me; rendering my family homeless and refused to release our household goods, including our clothes, for weeks," O'Boyle said.
Congratulations to all the Democratic Party leadership for your unending efforts to turn our country into a totalitarian state run for the benefit of yourselves and bureaucracies.

Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
TxTarpon
RoadkillBBQ said:

The response and crackdown on the January 6th protestors had to be overblown and severe. After all it was a message to the American people to not mess with the politically elite.
RHIP
Corruption is concentrated at the top in the western world.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Fat Black Swan said:

All I want is…

5 minutes alooooone

RoadkillBBQ
TxTarpon said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

RHIP
Corruption is concentrated at the top in the western world.

Validates the fact we have lost our way when it's the government who is supposed to work for and represent the people. Not rule over them.
richardag
Fat Black Swan said:

From the guy who called parents complaining in school board meetings as "domestic terrorists".

Anyone considering voting for any Democratic Candidate at any level of government needs to reconsider their voting preferences.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Anyone considering voting for any Democratic Candidate at any level of government needs to reconsider their voting preferences be hit in the head with a hammer.
captkirk
AG
Fat Black Swan said:

Lol everything is about preserving democracy
rocky the dog
AG

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
whatthehey78
AG
captkirk said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Lol everything is about preserving democracy dumbocracy.
FIFY
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
captkirk said:

Haha right? It's because the useful idiots are incredibly easy to program.

tHrEaT tO oUr DeMoCrAcY!!!
pRiVeLeDgE!!!
SiLeNcE iS vIoLeNce!!!
bLaCk lIvEs MaTtEr!!

Just meaningless gibberish introduced into the lexicon for the brain dead morons to repeat in order to feel morally and intellectually superior without actually having to do anything.
BG Knocc Out
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Fat Black Swan said:

All I want is…

5 minutes alooooone

F'n A
BG Knocc Out
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

captkirk said:

Haha right? It's because the useful idiots are incredibly easy to program.

tHrEaT tO oUr DeMoCrAcY!!!
pRiVeLeDgE!!!
SiLeNcE iS vIoLeNce!!!
bLaCk lIvEs MaTtEr!!

Just meaningless gibberish introduced into the lexicon for the brain dead morons to repeat in order to feel morally and intellectually superior without actually having to do anything.

The stupid condescending "This house believes..." yard signs during the pandemic were the best.
DTP02
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

I don't think it was that. It was a great opportunity for the left to paint everyone on the right as extremists by association, and generate fear among their base which leads to fundraising for leftist politicians. And there was a significant element of taking vengeance against Trump as well.
oysterbayAG
AG
Garland needs to be Impeached over the Hunter Biden crimes coverup !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.