Autism on the pride flag

4,136 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by pagerman @ work
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
DartAg1970 said:

AgCat93 said:

Nanomachines son said:

Neurodiversity?!

If people would spend less time coming up with cockamamie terms and instead contribute to society in a positive manner, imagine the progress that could be made in a short time.

I think you may be reading this wrong. I have two autistic children. They are considered to be "Neuro Divergent", in contrast to what some may call "Normal" children who are considered "Neuro Typical" It isn't about diversity, it is about their cognitive ability is divergent of what we would typically consider fully functioning.

These are clinical terms to categorize those who have autism as a neurological disorder. For the record, I also agree that autistic children are 100% on the radar of the LGBTQ..... crowd. Children as a whole get easily confused when these complex ideas and thoughts are introduced and can be even more confusing for children with neurological disorders.

I have also seen and disagree with the latest trend of people (adults) who are self-diagnosing themselves as autistic. In my opinion most are trying to find something to explain why they cannot seem to function in society. The hard part is that autism truly is such a wide spectrum. Both of my kids are diagnosed autistic, and their struggles and stems and strengths couldn't be more different.
Good explanation. Thank you.
BluHorseShu
AG
CanyonLakeAgbu said:

Saw an updated rendition of the pride flag that included autism. Not only is that a no, but a hell no.

Forking retreaded. Soon their flag will cover everyone except white males and muslims.

This world has gone crazy in the last 20 years.
Eventually they'll add enough colors to the flag that it will just be black. By continuing to add 'identifiers' they just keep reducing the effectiveness of their original intent. If you include everyone, then its just meaningless. So eventually the flag will burn the movement because really each group wants the attention focused on them. So let the crazy play out to its ultimate doom
No Spin Ag
MouthBQ98 said:

Keep going with the Intersectionality until the flag is literally 335 million individual pictures of people.

It might as well be with those under 30. They've gone from trying to have a flag for every group to every one in each group wanting their own.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Deputy Travis Junior
Time for 4Chan to sneak the super straight flag back in
evestor1
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Ok, man. Sorry I guess. That wasn't made apparent by your initial post. No need to be an ******* about it. I was just trying to reasonably provide some additional insight and education. I was confused about it at first as well.
Thought you were a liberal and usually like to tell liberals I dont need help!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Just because I'm not a Trump fan doesn't mean I'm a liberal. HTH.
Stonegateag85
That's why it's called a spectrum lol
evestor1
lib!
pagerman @ work
AG
evestor1 said:

GeorgiAg said:

There a legit cases of autism, but there's also a group of people who are just lazy and that's a convenient excuse.
I have a severly autistic nephew ... and some of the children i see labled the same as him blow my mind.

My nephew is fully warped and to see fully functioning jackwagon children labled same as him is not genuine by any means.

That is literally why it is called a "spectrum". Autism presents in a myriad of ways from the very severe (non-verbal and completely dependent on others for even basic functions) to relatively mild (socialization issues but otherwise "normal"). It also typically comes along with multiple comorbidities (ADHD, bi-polar, etc.) which can also muddy the waters a bit in terms of what behaviors are manifesting at any given time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.