Autism on the pride flag

4,125 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by pagerman @ work
CrystalLakeAgbu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw an updated rendition of the pride flag that included autism. Not only is that a no, but a hell no.

Forking retreaded. Soon their flag will cover everyone except white males and muslims.

This world has gone crazy in the last 20 years.
MouthBQ98
AG
Keep going with the Intersectionality until the flag is literally 335 million individual pictures of people.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
MasonB
AG
As a father of an autistic child, I certainly feel like the autistic community is a targeted group for the pride movement.
Gigem314
AG
The pride flag is going to look like a 'magic eye' poster in a few years...with so many individual groups that keep getting added to it.
Pizza
There are allot of professors with autism that may be able to produce genius analysis of data in their research, but have succumbed to the difficulties of the illness & became very crooked human beings...

The lgbtq movement is trying to kill itself, but it wants to take society with it.
GeorgiAg
AG
There a legit cases of autism, but there's also a group of people who are just lazy and that's a convenient excuse.
kcucasiobmij
MasonB said:

As a father of an autistic child, I certainly feel like the autistic community is a targeted group for the pride movement.
Yep. They aren't going to increase their numbers naturally so they are recruiting.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CanyonLakeAgbu said:

Saw an updated rendition of the pride flag that included autism. Not only is that a no, but a hell no.

Forking retreaded. Soon their flag will cover everyone except white males and muslims.

This world has gone crazy in the last 20 years.

There already is a stripe for POC, Muslims are covered.
evestor1
GeorgiAg said:

There a legit cases of autism, but there's also a group of people who are just lazy and that's a convenient excuse.
I have a severly autistic nephew ... and some of the children i see labled the same as him blow my mind.

My nephew is fully warped and to see fully functioning jackwagon children labled same as him is not genuine by any means.
torrid
AG
I think the term autism gets painted with a broad brush. You have people like Rainman who are so withdrawn into their own world they cannot care for themselves. Then you have people that could be described as different, quirky or weird. They can still function in society and lead productive lives. I think there is a distinction that needs to be made.
CrystalLakeAgbu
The victim mentality of a lot of people always escapes me. My 23 year old son has been on the spectrum for a long time. For a long time his mother has advocated for him to NOT be a victim. It may take him a little longer to graduate from college than some, but he is not a victim and he does not belong on the pride flag.
richardag
MouthBQ98 said:

Keep going with the Intersectionality until the flag is literally 335 million individual pictures of people.
made me laugh
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Nanomachines son
Martin Q. Blank
It started with grouping transgenders with gays. What do they have to do with each other?

If the answer is "both have a mental illness", then I guess it makes sense to put everyone with a mental illness on the flag.
jrdaustin
AG
torrid said:

I think the term autism gets painted with a broad brush. You have people like Rainman who are so withdrawn into their own world they cannot care for themselves. Then you have people that could be described as different, quirky or weird. They can still function in society and lead productive lives. I think there is a distinction that needs to be made.
There is. It's called the autism spectrum. Strangely, though, we're now seeing that the spectum, which was once used to estimate severety or degree (ie.verbal vs. nonverbal), is undergoing a transformation as well. The autism "wheel" was recently introduced that is more complex, but may be in ways more simplified to eliminate the concept of severity in favor of a "customized" color coded outcome based on a variety of factors.

To be honest, I have no idea where something like asperger's syndrome fits on the new "wheel".

In summary, I think your broad brush comment has merit. Virtually everyone could claim a spot or two on the new wheel. And voila! Virtually everyone can claim to be autistic in some form. Consequently, it's natural to see where autism could become a tasty target for the pride movement.
BQ78
AG
It does seem that way, a decade ago when Autism was "cool" and mothers were putting puzzle piece bumper stickers on their car, it now seems like those same type mothers are the ones announcing their five year old is trans.
AgCat93
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Neurodiversity?!

If people would spend less time coming up with cockamamie terms and instead contribute to society in a positive manner, imagine the progress that could be made in a short time.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
they are called democrats
Evanhue
AG
Gigem314 said:

The pride flag is going to look like a 'magic eye' poster in a few years...with so many individual groups that keep getting added to it.
BadMoonRisin
AG
At this point, the flag is just like one of those 3 x 5 index cards a teacher would let you use as a cheat sheet for the final, so you just write as small as you can and then you cant read it during the exam.

But instead, it just shows all the different things that you "support" likely 80% which you cant even explain.

The LSU corndogs are now featured on the flag as well. smdh.
The Fife
Evanhue said:

Gigem314 said:

What the hell is that scipt on the rightmost > , Lord of the rings? Because it sure looks like elvish to me
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im not sure, but Im pretty sure the black stripe with the rainbow symbols is including the font Wingdings.
Loren Visser
I blame big flag.

Flag manufacturers are driving adding colors and symbols so these losers keep buying new flags.
If the pay's right, and it's legal, I'll do it...Well, if the pay's right, I'll do it.
PCC_80
AG
I read a study not to long ago that found that at least 73% of the Trans Identifying Kids in the study also tested on the Autism Scale. Generally mildly autistic and struggling to socialize and make friends. Interestingly over 50% of the Trans Kids mothers were found to have some sort of mental problem themselves. Also, quite a bit of the Trans Kids families were generally found to be dysfunctional due to alcoholism, drug abuse, violence, etc.

These kids do not have much of a chance and are basically being recruited/lured toward a Trans lifestyle with the promise that they will then fit in. Sad and Disgusting.
Gigem314
AG
The Fife said:

Evanhue said:

Gigem314 said:

What the hell is that scipt on the rightmost > , Lord of the rings? Because it sure looks like elvish to me

Robert L. Peters
They need a Ukraine flag on it too
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
bmks270
AG
I thought this was a troll?

I can no longer distinguish reality from satire.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
evestor1 said:

GeorgiAg said:

I have a severly autistic nephew ... and some of the children i see labled the same as him blow my mind.

My nephew is fully warped and to see fully functioning jackwagon children labled same as him is not genuine by any means.
Just to help out a little bit. Autism is a spectrum of various conditions or disorders. It's going to present differently in person affected by it. My son has autism and we've met a lot of others. None of them are the same.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Pretty sure it is.
evestor1
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

evestor1 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Just to help out a little bit. Autism is a spectrum of various conditions or disorders. It's going to present differently in person affected by it. My son has autism and we've met a lot of others. None of them are the same.
I dont need any help with autism or "the specturm" as everyone reasonable IQ person should know about it

the post was b/c [I have met enough morons with rotten kids that have no issues other than being rotten]
D-Fens
Don't you guys get it. Perverted promiscuous homos are born that way, just like autistic kids.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Ok, man. Sorry I guess. That wasn't made apparent by your initial post. No need to be an ******* about it. I was just trying to reasonably provide some additional insight and education. I was confused about it at first as well.
DartAg1970
AG
AgCat93 said:

Nanomachines son said:

Neurodiversity?!

If people would spend less time coming up with cockamamie terms and instead contribute to society in a positive manner, imagine the progress that could be made in a short time.

I think you may be reading this wrong. I have two autistic children. They are considered to be "Neuro Divergent", in contrast to what some may call "Normal" children who are considered "Neuro Typical" It isn't about diversity, it is about their cognitive ability is divergent of what we would typically consider fully functioning.

These are clinical terms to categorize those who have autism as a neurological disorder. For the record, I also agree that autistic children are 100% on the radar of the LGBTQ..... crowd. Children as a whole get easily confused when these complex ideas and thoughts are introduced and can be even more confusing for children with neurological disorders.

I have also seen and disagree with the latest trend of people (adults) who are self-diagnosing themselves as autistic. In my opinion most are trying to find something to explain why they cannot seem to function in society. The hard part is that autism truly is such a wide spectrum. Both of my kids are diagnosed autistic, and their struggles and stems and strengths couldn't be more different.
Nanomachines son
BadMoonRisin said:

At this point, the flag is just like one of those 3 x 5 index cards a teacher would let you use as a cheat sheet for the final, so you just write as small as you can and then you cant read it during the exam.

But instead, it just shows all the different things that you "support" likely 80% which you cant even explain.

The LSU corndogs are now featured on the flag as well. smdh.

Behold the new flag:

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.