Completely unexpected

5,297 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Teslag
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiez03 said:

It might have been this company...

https://www.energy.gov/eere/wind/articles/carbon-rivers-makes-wind-turbine-blade-recycling-and-upcycling-reality-support

Can't find anything new about them. Might just be another government money grab.

Exactly we have GOV grants all the way around propping this garbage up and making the friends and fams of the club rich.
revvie
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

This is actually a photo of La Escondida mine, the worlds largest copper mine in Chile. Currently opersted by BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto.
Madman
AG
When I was in China I saw amazing things. I saw fields that looked like they went to the horizon. All covered in old wind energy stuff or electric batteries that were supposedly recycled.

_mpaul
AG
Madman said:

When I was in China I saw amazing things. I saw fields that looked like they went to the horizon. All covered in old wind energy stuff or electric batteries that were supposedly recycled.

Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
Burnsey
AG
Teslag said:

Eso si, Que es said:

I wonder if you and the 10 people that starred this have tossed your smartphone and cordless tools
Well I've never perpetuated a lie that my cell phone or cordless tools are saving the planet.
Burnsey
AG
revvie said:

Eso si, Que es said:

This is actually a photo of La Escondida mine, the worlds largest copper mine in Chile. Currently opersted by BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto.
Not a problem. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to post pics or gif of a real lithium mine. It ain't pretty. Especially the kids working in it.
torrid
AG
aggiez03 said:

Gradaggie05 said:

Ok,
How does a blade wear out? Do they get warped? Bird strikes?

They wear out, the leading edge starts chipping,I think, which then affects efficiency and how low of a wind speed they can run.

That makes sense. It would be like an airplane wing losing lift.
Ulysses90
AG
Quote:

"By 2050 the wind industry will produce 47 million TONS of waste ANNUALLY."

This is the USS Gerald R. Ford. It's displacement is 112,000 tons. The waste from the wind industry will be roughly equivalent to the mass of 420 Ford class aircraft carriers evey year.

WTF are they thinking? The same power generation capacity from nuclear power would be somewhere between 1/100,000 abd 1/1,000,000 of the amount of waste annially compared to wind power.
fka ftc
Ulysses90 said:

Quote:

"By 2050 the wind industry will produce 47 million TONS of waste ANNUALLY."

This is the USS Gerald R. Ford. It's displacement is 112,000 tons. The waste from the wind industry will be roughly equivalent to the mass of 420 Ford class aircraft carriers evey year.

WTF are they thinking? The same power generation capacity from nuclear power would be somewhere between 1/100,000 abd 1/1,000,000 of the amount of waste annially compared to wind power.

10% for the Big Guy and friends. Behind every bureaucratic process and policy that results in the question "WTF are they thinking?", the answer is the are thinking about greed and wealth. And any incremental increase in power for the central authority.

In the near future, the outcry over these wastes will increase resulting in a demand for funding and fees to deal with that waste, then resulting in research funds to determine the proper disposal followed by gubmit contracts with some savvy fellow who just so happened to have a solution and a company setup to implement the solution, with investors / board members with last names like Biden, Pelosi, Cornyn, McCarthy, McConnel, etc.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Teslag
AG
Burnsey said:

revvie said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Not a problem. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to post pics or gif of a real lithium mine. It ain't pretty. Especially the kids working in it.

Those poor Australian kids. Crikey.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.