OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,176 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texagbeliever said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

texagbeliever said:

I'm holding you to your own standard. If you can't live up to your own standard then either adjust your standards or expect them to blow up in your face.

That doesn't even make sense. If you have a problem with DeSantis people pointing out that Trump is a moron and a clown who has no shot in November because most of the country hates him, you should also have a problem with Trump constantly lying about DeSantis record and personally insulting him with idiotic jr high nicknames throughout the campaign, and arguably more of a problem with that because he's setting the example and has a massive audience.

Weird, I haven't seen you do that yet.
Ultimately I suspect DeSantis will be key in pulling Trump to the right.
Interesting, because we just saw 6 months of Trump attacking DeSantis from the left. We also saw 4 years of Trump governing well to the left of where he campaigned.

Thinking Trump will govern to the right of what he is saying right now flies in the face of all information we have available.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

I'm holding you to your own standard. If you can't live up to your own standard then either adjust your standards or expect them to blow up in your face.

That doesn't even make sense. If you have a problem with DeSantis people pointing out that Trump is a moron and a clown who has no shot in November because most of the country hates him, you should also have a problem with Trump constantly lying about DeSantis record and personally insulting him with idiotic jr high nicknames throughout the campaign, and arguably more of a problem with that because he's setting the example and has a massive audience.

Interesting, because we just saw 6 months of Trump attacking DeSantis from the left. We also saw 4 years of Trump governing well to the left of where he campaigned.

Thinking Trump will govern to the right of what he is saying right now flies in the face of all information we have available.
Does it? What's the status of Roe v Wade?

That was a pretty rightwing move, no?
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

Not this s again....
FireAg
AG
Do you disagree that the SCOTUS firewall that was built under Trump's watch, with the nominees he picked off of a conservative think tank's list is just about the only thing protecting what's left of the Republic our forefathers envisioned?

I don't see much else stopping the Left these days...
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

Do you disagree that the SCOTUS firewall that was built under Trump's watch, with the nominees he picked off of a conservative think tank's list is just about the only thing protecting what's left of the Republic our forefathers envisioned?

That's been over for 100+ years.

And for the millionth time, Trump did a great job throwing darts at a list of Heritage Foundation names. As for using the powers of the executive branch and the bully pulpit, he was basically Mitt Romney.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

And for the millionth time, Trump did a great job throwing darts at a list of Heritage Foundation names. As for using the powers of the executive branch and the bully pulpit, he was basically Mitt Romney.
As does just about every other POTUS who picks nominees, man... At least be honest about that...
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

As does just about every other POTUS who picks nominees, man... At least be honest about that...
Correct. As I stated, he was no different than a President Mitt Romney.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

Me thinks if it had been a President Ron DeSantis making those moves, you'd be arguing differently...
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

Me thinks if it had been a President Ron DeSantis making those moves, you'd be arguing differently...
If it had been DeSantis, we would have the same, if not better, justices, and everything else would have been really good. As opposed to Trump, where we got a minor, short-term tax break, and moderate to liberal policy everywhere else.
FireAg
AG
shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

If it had been DeSantis, we would have the same, if not better, justices, and everything else would have been really good. As opposed to Trump, where we got a minor, short-term tax break, and moderate to liberal policy everywhere else.
Would we? Hard to say without any evidence to support it...Governing a state isn't the same as governing a nation...just ask Dubbya...

I think you're still wish-casting, my friend...
shack009
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

shack009 said:

FireAg said:

Would we? Hard to say without any evidence to support it...Governing a state isn't the same as governing a nation...just ask Dubbya...

I think you're still wish-casting, my friend...
We have evidence, you just don't like the evidence.
FireAg
AG
Florida evidence is good…but it is often hard to translate that to DC success…

Ask W…ask Bill…
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

So, maybe nominating the guy who is currently splitting the base by constantly throwing out false allegations and 3rd grade insults is not the best idea?
LOL, the base right now is overwhelmingly on the Trump bandwagon. Do you understand the word "split"? Seems the TDS REEEEEEEEs are the attempts at dividing.

CryLaugh troll all you want. There is only one candidate currently dividing the party.
(comment from 5/23/23)
Just was perusing this thread for historical gems. This one caught my eye.

Now that Trump has won, it is the DeSantisites waging a full scale split party take to voting R in 2024. Even the poster himself self fails here.

The very thing the DeSantis diehards decried, they now do themselves.
Trump won and there are still LOTS of Trump folks who are wanting to dance on the heads of DeSantis supporters and piss on them and their guy and then say, "What? Why won't you vote Trump?"

I don't think you are one of them but it amazes me you can't see the problem. Trump said some nice things and some of the Trump folks are truly calling for unity but there doesn't appear to be any effort to try and reign in the folks who just love the smack talk. At some point people just get tired of being insulted. Actions like trying to primary Chip Roy and Bob Good also really piss people off.

No doubt if DeSantis had won then Trump supporters might be saying the same. That's politics. You want to make it easy for people to join you not make them feel like they have to eat crap and then be insulted along the way. At some point they just give you the finger and stop caring.
To be fair, and it was allowed to happen quite a bit on this thread, many of your DeSantis "come hell or high water" brethern would attack me as "MAGA" or "Trumpian" simply because, in a thread supposedly discussing the campaign progressions of each candidate, I chose to point out the flaws in what people were assuming with regard to DeSantis and his ability to succeed in 2024... I used actual data... Many of your brethern scoffed and mocked me for doing so... If you didn't "wishcast" with them, and fall in line, refusing to point out that the emperor was naked (no matter what his Twitter army would claim), then you were just "a Trumpian triyng to suppress the vote for DeSantis!" Absolutely asinine, but that's precisely what happened...

So, while I am not going to sit here and piss on DeSantis's grave and mock his followers as "mouth-breathing fools" like some will (recall, I think a dream ticket at this point would be Trump/DeSantis), some of your brethern earned the egg on their face...
No doubt and no doubt if the reverse happened Trump supporters would be screaming to hell at least as much. DeSantis doesn't need Trump voters right now though and Trump does.
TRM
AG
FireAg said:

shack009 said:

texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

How'd Trump's SCOTUS picks rule/grant certiorari on:
Department of Homeland Security v. Texas (border wire)
Remain in Mexico
Title 42
CRA amendment to include gender identity
vaccine mandate
Voting Rights Act
Texas v Pennsylvania
FireAg
AG
Well border wire is currently a temp order specific to razor wire, right? I haven't read the decision…

Vaccine mandates went away…they ruled OSHA couldn't enforce…fully agreed with that one…
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

Let people celebrate. They need to be able to enjoy the victory. The battle is not over. In fact it hasn't even started yet. Winning in November 2024 will be a tall task. Wanting to feel the joy of victory is a driver for success.

Are people asses about it at time yes. Am i guilty some times too. Yes. But it will normalize. Things will turn to Us vs Biden. That is the end goal.
I'm not your problem, I'll vote for Trump if he is the nominee. A lot of folks really, really don't like Trump and much of it is based on how he acts and the fact he literally paid people that spread some truly nasty lies about DeSantis that Trump was all too willing to push himself. If you want those people to vote for Trump I wouldn't recommend rubbing their noses in crap. A lot of folks are exhausted by it all and many are at the point where they are willing to let Trump lose if that means they don't have to put up with him anymore.

If DeSantis won then he would also have to make nice with Trump supporters. That's how politics works. Remember Trump very loudly said he wouldn't commit to supporting the GOP nominee so demanding that other people that don't like him have to get in line is a great way to piss them off and vote 3rd Party.

BTW, the demo? Suburban upper middle class folks that are in a financial situation that isn't greatly impacted by either Trump or Biden winning. Especially women. IE, the Swing vote that will determine the election.

So go celebrate or whatever. I mean Trump has had complete control of the GOP for 8 years now so I don't know why they feel the need to keep dunking on people that don't like him but ok. You may feel differently about it in November when you once again are asking them to hold their nose and vote for the guy they really don't like because they should hate the other guy more, especially with a 3rd Party option like RFK. I'd like the R to win and if that means Trump so be it. I'm just telling you that if you expect the people that are disgusted that Trump is going to win that they need to grovel and put up with being dunked on more that's not a smart strategy.

Or just keep insulting them harder and FAFO.
FireAg
AG
BTW…feel free to pick on W for Justice Roberts…that was the biggest flop ever…I'm still convinced that dude is on the Epstein manifest somewhere…why he ruled the way he did in the ACA case is indefensible…
TRM
AG
Quote:

the U.S. Supreme Court in a 5-4 opinion allowed the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services vaccine mandate for health care workers to go into effect

Quote:

The vote in the health care case was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh joining the liberal justices to form a majority."

Bonus:
Quote:

The U.S. Supreme Court has turned away a challenge to New York state's vaccine mandate for health care workers a mandate that provides no exceptions for religious objectors. The vote was 6-3.

This was the second time the court has refused to block such a state vaccine mandate for health care workers. As in an earlier case from Maine, New York provides only one exemption from the mandate, and that is a narrow medical exemption for those who have suffered a severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of the vaccine or a component of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Quote:

The six-justice majority included the court's three liberals and three of its conservative justices, too Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett and Chief Justice John Roberts.
TRM
AG
W isn't running for office. I'd pick on him if he was.
FireAg
AG
TRM said:

Quote:

the U.S. Supreme Court in a 5-4 opinion allowed the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services vaccine mandate for health care workers to go into effect

Quote:

The vote in the health care case was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh joining the liberal justices to form a majority."

Bonus:
Quote:

The U.S. Supreme Court has turned away a challenge to New York state's vaccine mandate for health care workers a mandate that provides no exceptions for religious objectors. The vote was 6-3.

This was the second time the court has refused to block such a state vaccine mandate for health care workers. As in an earlier case from Maine, New York provides only one exemption from the mandate, and that is a narrow medical exemption for those who have suffered a severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of the vaccine or a component of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Quote:

The six-justice majority included the court's three liberals and three of its conservative justices, too Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett and Chief Justice John Roberts.

Bud, for better or worse they are saying that a state law is up to the state to decide…

That's state's rights…I don't like it, but I can't be hypocritical about state's rights only applying when I agree with it…. They kicked abortion back to the states, and now states make their own rules, which is in line with what the constitution actually says…it is what it is…
TRM
AG
CMS isn't a states right issue. And there should be 1st amendment considerations in the NY case.
FireAg
AG
TRM said:

CMS isn't a states right issue. And there should be 1st amendment considerations in the NY case.

CMS is a federal entity, my man…the argument should be "don't allow Ds to pass entitlements in the first place"…

But as soon as I saw the ACA ruling, I pretty much assumed it would be hard to tell federal entitlements how to run their show…
FireAg
AG
Not sure how NY's vaxx law is a 1st amendment case…but again, it's a state law…the state is governing how they want to govern and that should be exactly how things work…
FireAg
AG
I know this though…

If HRC had won in 2016, Roe would still be the law of the land and OSHA would be forcing all workers to get the jab or be gone…

So Trump did good there…
TRM
AG
There are 2 different cases there. The CMS vax mandate where Kavanaugh failed and the NY state law vax mandate where Kavanaugh and Barret failed.
TRM
AG
Or maybe she wouldn't have let Fauci start up gain of function research. I mean if Obama stopped it, but Trump didn't...
GeorgiAg
AG
Dan Scott
AG
MAGA influencers are mad because DeSantis will veto Florida taxpayers paying a billionaires legal defense. LOL

Here's a sample. I can understand most all criticisms of DeSantis campaign but the one about his social media influencers being the problem is bizarre when this is what Trump influencers.

Rapier108
As I said yesterday, MAGA would not let go of the DeSantis hatred. They hate him more than they hate Biden, Obama, Harris, or any Democrat. DeSantis is literally worse than Satan to these people.

The programming is hard coded into them and they will never support him, or anyone else not named Trump.

And of course they will also whine that DeSantis supporters better support Trump, or else.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FireAg
AG
Honest question…why do you even bother clicking on that crap?
PA24
AG

[Negative comments toward a political candidate are fair game and part of political discourse. Disrespectful comments to other posters however, are out of bounds. These can take the shape of direct insults or indirect comments towards "the supporters" of candidate A, B, or whoever. We will issue bans for this behavior as it is not conducive to a respectful dialogue on this forum. Repeat offenders will earn longer timeouts -- Staff]
Dan Scott
AG
FireAg said:

It's all over my Twitter feed
FireAg
AG
Dan Scott said:

FireAg said:

It's all over my Twitter feed

Then choose who you follow better…

Or better yet…****can your twitter account…

I don't have one…my life is better for it…
UAS Ag
FireAg said:

You mean this firewall?

The court on a 5-4 vote granted an emergency request filed by the Biden administration, which had argued that Texas was preventing agents from carrying out their duties.

AggieVictor10
AG
Seems like, even after losing and softly kissing the ring, desantis got a little divisive.
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
First Page Last Page
Page 257 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.