OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,266 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

aggie93 said:

Um, some of the Trump stuff is just bizarre. Lot of this out there.

And the Democrat's ammo cache just keeps growing an growing.

Same for the video above of Trump's brain shorting out.
Rightwing dad is a a trump hater
nortex97
AG
Quote:

NOTE: Ron DeSantis has not run any ads in New Hampshire since November, and the DeSantis camp have no additional advertising commitments in any state, including South Carolina. It would appear the DeSantis campaign is low on cash and being very selective about spending prior to announcing their exit.

[…] According to an additional tracking service, AdImpact Politics, the last DeSantis ad to air on television was Monday, the night of the Iowa caucuses, which he lost by 30 points. That is reportedly the longest period his campaign and PACs Never Back Down, Fight Right, and Good Fight have gone without appearing on the airwaves. (MORE)

President Trump is leading Nikki Haley in New Hampshire polling 53% to 36%. Ron DeSantis has 6.6% support. {source}
If true, I don't see this going much longer.
aggie93
AG
nortex97 said:

Quote:

NOTE: Ron DeSantis has not run any ads in New Hampshire since November, and the DeSantis camp have no additional advertising commitments in any state, including South Carolina. It would appear the DeSantis campaign is low on cash and being very selective about spending prior to announcing their exit.

[…] According to an additional tracking service, AdImpact Politics, the last DeSantis ad to air on television was Monday, the night of the Iowa caucuses, which he lost by 30 points. That is reportedly the longest period his campaign and PACs Never Back Down, Fight Right, and Good Fight have gone without appearing on the airwaves. (MORE)

President Trump is leading Nikki Haley in New Hampshire polling 53% to 36%. Ron DeSantis has 6.6% support. {source}
If true, I don't see this going much longer.
No clue how true it is. Conservative Treehouse is a terrible source but that doesn't make it wrong. FWIW the language from the Trump camp is slowly starting to shift from threatening to being a bit more sane towards DeSantis. DeSantis can pretty much hang around as long as he wants. I haven't stopped my monthly donation to his campaign and won't until he suspends it and there are a lot of people like me. If nothing else it is worth it just to see if Trump feels a tiny bit of pull not to keep going to the Left, not make Haley his VP, and God forbid treat DeSantis with a fraction of the respect DeSantis has shown him by only attacking him on policy and never personally. The DeSantis events are still packed. DeSantis is just a happy warrior that keeps on fighting and never seems to get down, hard not to like the guy.

That said if he dropped out tomorrow I'm fine with it, whatever he wants to do on the campaign front is good by me. He's still out saying the things I agree with and is the authentic voice of reason. If people don't want that so be it. Maybe he is working out his own deal with Trump behind the scenes. I don't think he is looking to work for Trump in any way but I could see he wants to get Trump to stop going after his supporters and to stop being so liberal on policy. I really have no clue.

This did make me chuckle this morning from Dilley who is right there with Loomer in the worst of the worst. Maybe they are figuring out that insulting people harder isn't the best way to get them on board. This is about as close to a mea culpa as you will ever get from some of these folks.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
Not sure why it is chuckle-worthy...this is the Trump game plan every time...everyone knows it...

He attacks and belittles whomever is attempting to nip at his heels, and then they all come back to the campfire, share some smores, and sing "Kumbayah"...

Even the ugliest of the ugly contest between Cruz and Trump in 2016 had Cruz evetually bending a knee to Trump, and he's still doing it now...

It is what it is...it gets ugly, juvenile, and bombastic, but at the end of the day, it works for Trump, so no one should be shocked by it...
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

Not sure why it is chuckle-worthy...this is the Trump game plan every time...everyone knows it...

He attacks and belittles whomever is attempting to nip at his heels, and then they all come back to the campfire, share some smores, and sing "Kumbayah"...

Even the ugliest of the ugly contest between Cruz and Trump in 2016 had Cruz evetually bending a knee to Trump, and he's still doing it now...

It is what it is...it gets ugly, juvenile, and bombastic, but at the end of the day, it works for Trump, so no one should be shocked by it...
I just got a kick out of the last line coming from Dilley. No big deal.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
FireAg
AG
This isn't breaking news…as someone becomes less of a threat to Trump, he starts to soften a little…

Everyone knows this…
BigRobSA
TRM said:

Trump is a dem in rino clothing. Why would he "give a damn"
TRM
AG
FireAg said:

This isn't breaking news…as someone becomes less of a threat to Trump, he starts to soften a little…

Everyone knows this…
Umm you're read that wrong.
TRM
AG
Speaking of Dilley...
MemphisAg1
AG
FireAg said:

Everyone knows this…
Yeah, except his behavior has chased off a number of supporters for good. You don't get to behave like an infantile jerk and then say "it wasn't personal" and expect everybody to jump back on your team. Real life doesn't work that way. There's some who will do it, but many more won't.

I just don't see him beating Biden in the general due to his baggage and all of those he energizes to vote against him.
FireAg
AG
Maybe…won't cost him the primary though…
Rongagin71
AG
TRM said:

Speaking of Dilley...

"and your talking behinds"
BigRobSA
Who is Monica Matthews?
BBRex
AG
Looks like DeSantis is done.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Guess this thread can now end
aggiedata
AG
Well here we are, backing Trump.

Rongagin71
AG
As usual, Ron gives a great talk.
He will support Trump, as will I.
That does not mean Trump is perfect,
but he is clearly better than Biden.
But will the Dems get Biden to step down?
And will Kennedy take off?
Much remains to be seen.
FireAg
AG
He never connected with the masses…I told y'all he wouldn't last until Super Tuesday…
MemphisAg1
AG
FireAg said:

Agree. But given his track record in 2018, 2020, and 2022... hard to see him winning an election that matters.
FireAg
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

FireAg said:

Agree. But given his track record in 2018, 2020, and 2022... hard to see him winning an election that matters.

Unless his opponent has proven to be even worse…
MemphisAg1
AG
FireAg said:

MemphisAg1 said:

FireAg said:

Unless his opponent has proven to be even worse…
We'll see. As you've pointed out, statistics are stubborn things. Trump has a losing record in general elections since 2016. Will 2024 be the year it goes the other way?
FireAg
AG
I think there's a decent chance it does…unless the Ds swap out Biden which I'm still dumbfounded that they haven't yet…
MemphisAg1
AG
FireAg said:

I think there's a decent chance it does…unless the Ds swap out Biden which I'm still dumbfounded that they haven't yet…
I think they haven't because they want to run against Trump. They see him as the one candidate Biden can beat because of Trump's long list of baggage... he motivates people to vote against him and will have less support than previously (and money with all those trials).

If the R's had nominated a DeSantis or Haley that could appeal to a broader audience in the general, I think you'd see the Biden "switcharoo" with another candidate. It looks like they like their chances against Trump, which I can understand.

I don't want a Dem to win. They're evil. But I'd be shocked if Trump wins. This isn't 2016.
FireAg
AG
The one hole in your theory about the D's wanting to face Trump with Biden is the fact that they continue to push these bogus criminal charges against him in the hopes of preventing his candidacy with a kangaroo court conviction…

Trump isn't beatable straight up with Biden…if he was, the D's would just let it play out…

There are several D's openly talking about the Biden problem these days with regard to his candidacy…they are worried, so they continue to weapons the courts…
MemphisAg1
AG
The Dem party isn't a homogeneous entity with everyone believing the same thing, however they universally hate Trump with a passion. At the individual level, many are driven to damage Trump in any way they can, as we see through the various indictments and attempts to keep him off the ballot. In their mind, they're helping Team Blue when they do that.

At the strategy level though, I've seen thoughtful comments by party leaders (sorry, no link) that they are salivating to run against Trump because of all the baggage he brings with him. When the time comes to run serious ads, they will portray him as the devil reincarnated. It is easy to mobilize the Dem troops against Trump because he is so hated. DeSantis, Haley, Vivek, etc... not so much.

And Trump has done so much to turn away members of his own party with his ridiculous behavior. He'll need those votes when the time comes; his base isn't enough. But alas, many of them have had enough. The "no vote is a vote for Biden" doesn't move them.

Sure, Biden is a grade A jackass, inept, crooked politician. But he's always been that way. He screws up everything he touches. His voters know that and so does the media. There was PLENTY of bad info on Biden before the last election but that didn't stop him from winning*. The Dem party is a collection of special interests (unions, LGBTQ, blacks, trial attorneys, enviros, gun grabbers, abortion lovers, etc) that will ALWAYS vote for the Dems to protect their interest, even if they don't agree with the other factions in the Dem party.

Yes, inflation has hurt a lot of people, but it's been easing for months and the media will portray it as "happy days" again. Trump has a track record with general elections where he or his hand-picked surrogates were on the ballet. He's 1-3, with a W in 2016 and three consecutive L's in 2018, 2020, 2022. Remember the supposed "red wave?" Trump weighed in late in that election publicly and it cost the R's votes at the ballot box.

The only way to crack the Dems' voting block is to offer a compelling alternative. All we'll hear from Trump in the coming months is an agenda of revenge, retribution, and more negativity. While red meat to Trump's base, it will leave a bad taste in the independents and other R's that Trump regularly insults.

A general election without Trump on the ballot makes the election about Biden. The R's win that easily. An election with Trump on the ballot makes it about Trump. The D's win that one.
texagbeliever
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

So, maybe nominating the guy who is currently splitting the base by constantly throwing out false allegations and 3rd grade insults is not the best idea?
LOL, the base right now is overwhelmingly on the Trump bandwagon. Do you understand the word "split"? Seems the TDS REEEEEEEEs are the attempts at dividing.

CryLaugh troll all you want. There is only one candidate currently dividing the party.
(comment from 5/23/23)
Just was perusing this thread for historical gems. This one caught my eye.

Now that Trump has won, it is the DeSantisites waging a full scale split party take to voting R in 2024. Even the poster himself self fails here.

The very thing the DeSantis diehards decried, they now do themselves.
FireAg
AG
I honeslty believe relatively few, on a national scale, will stay home...I jsut don't believe it for two reasons:

1. Biden has really been THAT bad...

2. If they replace Biden with someone even further Left, it will rally folks to show up with the "oh hell no" vote...

ALL my opinion...
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

So, maybe nominating the guy who is currently splitting the base by constantly throwing out false allegations and 3rd grade insults is not the best idea?
LOL, the base right now is overwhelmingly on the Trump bandwagon. Do you understand the word "split"? Seems the TDS REEEEEEEEs are the attempts at dividing.

CryLaugh troll all you want. There is only one candidate currently dividing the party.
(comment from 5/23/23)

Now that Trump has won, it is the DeSantisites waging a full scale split party take to voting R in 2024. Even the poster himself self fails here.

Trump won and there are still LOTS of Trump folks who are wanting to dance on the heads of DeSantis supporters and piss on them and their guy and then say, "What? Why won't you vote Trump?"

I don't think you are one of them but it amazes me you can't see the problem. Trump said some nice things and some of the Trump folks are truly calling for unity but there doesn't appear to be any effort to try and reign in the folks who just love the smack talk. At some point people just get tired of being insulted. Actions like trying to primary Chip Roy and Bob Good also really piss people off.

No doubt if DeSantis had won then Trump supporters might be saying the same. That's politics. You want to make it easy for people to join you not make them feel like they have to eat crap and then be insulted along the way. At some point they just give you the finger and stop caring.
texagbeliever
Let people celebrate. They need to be able to enjoy the victory. The battle is not over. In fact it hasn't even started yet. Winning in November 2024 will be a tall task. Wanting to feel the joy of victory is a driver for success.

Are people asses about it at time yes. Am i guilty some times too. Yes. But it will normalize. Things will turn to Us vs Biden. That is the end goal.
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

(comment from 5/23/23)

That comment was 100% accurate at the time and stayed accurate until DeSantis dropped out. Nice to know you continue to hold random internet posters to a higher standard than the supposed leader of the party.
texagbeliever
I'm holding you to your own standard. If you can't live up to your own standard then either adjust your standards or expect them to blow up in your face.
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

I'm holding you to your own standard. If you can't live up to your own standard then either adjust your standards or expect them to blow up in your face.

That doesn't even make sense. If you have a problem with DeSantis people pointing out that Trump is a moron and a clown who has no shot in November because most of the country hates him, you should also have a problem with Trump constantly lying about DeSantis record and personally insulting him with idiotic jr high nicknames throughout the campaign, and arguably more of a problem with that because he's setting the example and has a massive audience.

Weird, I haven't seen you do that yet.
texagbeliever

texagbeliever said:

That doesn't even make sense. If you have a problem with DeSantis people pointing out that Trump is a moron and a clown who has no shot in November because most of the country hates him, you should also have a problem with Trump constantly lying about DeSantis record and personally insulting him with idiotic jr high nicknames throughout the campaign, and arguably more of a problem with that because he's setting the example and has a massive audience.

Weird, I haven't seen you do that yet.
I have a problem with people saying DeSantis' goose is cooked. His career is done. Those are ridiculously stupid takes. They are absolute and contain so many unknowns it merely suggests higher ignorance based on the Dunning Kruger Curve. Also I really really want DeSantis 2028. Following a Trump term that is and has been my best case scenario in my head.

I don't care that Trump attacks DeSantis. It is part of his "outsider" appeal. Ultimately I suspect DeSantis will be key in pulling Trump to the right. I want DeSantis to be relevant to Trump, deserving attention, because that signifies he is looking at a conservative and jealous of that attention. I also was on record of saying DeSantis and Trump were more fake enemies then those here wanted to believe.
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

(comment from 5/23/23)

Trump won and there are still LOTS of Trump folks who are wanting to dance on the heads of DeSantis supporters and piss on them and their guy and then say, "What? Why won't you vote Trump?"

I don't think you are one of them but it amazes me you can't see the problem. Trump said some nice things and some of the Trump folks are truly calling for unity but there doesn't appear to be any effort to try and reign in the folks who just love the smack talk. At some point people just get tired of being insulted. Actions like trying to primary Chip Roy and Bob Good also really piss people off.

No doubt if DeSantis had won then Trump supporters might be saying the same. That's politics. You want to make it easy for people to join you not make them feel like they have to eat crap and then be insulted along the way. At some point they just give you the finger and stop caring.
To be fair, and it was allowed to happen quite a bit on this thread, many of your DeSantis "come hell or high water" brethern would attack me as "MAGA" or "Trumpian" simply because, in a thread supposedly discussing the campaign progressions of each candidate, I chose to point out the flaws in what people were assuming with regard to DeSantis and his ability to succeed in 2024... I used actual data... Many of your brethern scoffed and mocked me for doing so... If you didn't "wishcast" with them, and fall in line, refusing to point out that the emperor was naked (no matter what his Twitter army would claim), then you were just "a Trumpian triyng to suppress the vote for DeSantis!" Absolutely asinine, but that's precisely what happened...

So, while I am not going to sit here and piss on DeSantis's grave and mock his followers as "mouth-breathing fools" like some will (recall, I think a dream ticket at this point would be Trump/DeSantis), some of your brethern earned the egg on their face...
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.