OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,501 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JMR_2016 said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

JMR_2016 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

JMR_2016 said:

The time for Haley and DeSanctimonious has come and gone. Any decent folk would vote with MAGA over Biden

Your recycling of your infantile leader's 5th grade level insult has convinced me. I'm all in on classy Trump and MAGA! They're clearly the type of professional, mature leadership this country needs right now.

I voted for Trump in '16 and '20. Who did you support? He's been a nickname master since crooked Hillary.

Lol - he's only a "nickname master" if you are either a. 12 years old or b. A complete moron.

I'm getting strong "moving to Canada" vibes from you and others here when Trump takes back the White House. I'll still be a proud Republican when the day comes. Not gonna spend anymore time on here arguing with those who would rather abstain from voting in a general election than elect a Republican leader with 4 years of presidential experience. I live in reality and can see Trump will obviously (and rightfully) be the candidate.

LOL

"Republican leader"

He's neither.

He's a Democrat and has zero leadership skill, even before he started showing signs of dementia.
FL_Ag1998
AG
JMR_2016 said:

JMR_2016 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

JMR_2016 said:

The time for Haley and DeSanctimonious has come and gone. Any decent folk would vote with MAGA over Biden

Your recycling of your infantile leader's 5th grade level insult has convinced me. I'm all in on classy Trump and MAGA! They're clearly the type of professional, mature leadership this country needs right now.

I voted for Trump in '16 and '20. Who did you support? He's been a nickname master since crooked Hillary.

Lol - he's only a "nickname master" if you are either a. 12 years old or b. A complete moron.

I'm getting strong "moving to Canada" vibes from you and others here when Trump takes back the White House. I'll still be a proud Republican when the day comes. Not gonna spend anymore time on here arguing with those who would rather abstain from voting in a general election than elect a Republican leader with 4 years of presidential experience. I live in reality and can see Trump will obviously (and rightfully) be the candidate

Thanks, that tells me all I need to know about you as well.
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

aggie93 said:

aggiehawg said:

aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

Who on this thread thinks DeSantis wins Iowa today?

No childish betting or hedging…straight up…does DeSantis win in spite of the polls?

Just curious…
I'm certainly hoping so but I also recognize there are way too many variables to really know what is going to happen. I feel more confident in picking the score of the A&M/Notre Dame game next season.
Do you have any sense of how many ballot rounds there might be?

I remember in 2016, there were enough Cruz people present targeting Carson voters to flip to him since Carson was expected to drop out shortly.
Absolutely no clue. It's impossible to distinguish between facts and misinformation at this point and then you throw in the weather. I've never seen such a complete disconnect in what is being reported on the ground and in Iowa vs nationally. I can speculate and have hopes or fears but I don't think anyone really knows.

I mean look at the post from Iowafarmer. It's insanely cold with a ton of snow and roads that may not be clear. Who shows up and where to a caucus tonight? How will they be impacted by who is there? No clue.
Weather conditions can work both ways. Maybe the Dems planning to show up, change registration and vote for Haley aren't that dedicated to the effort, to go out?
No doubt, my entire point is there are simply too many variables. I think anyone making a prediction right now is more wishing than knowing.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BigBrother
AG
JMR_2016 said:

JMR_2016 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

JMR_2016 said:

I'm getting strong "moving to Canada" vibes from you and others here when Trump takes back the White House. I'll still be a proud Republican when the day comes. Not gonna spend anymore time on here arguing with those who would rather abstain from voting in a general election than elect a Republican leader with 4 years of presidential experience. I live in reality and can see Trump will obviously (and rightfully) be the candidate.
Ooh that's a good one! I also like it when hard-core MAGA says, "You sound vaccinated" when they support the biggest vaccine proponent there is.
J. Walter Weatherman
JMR_2016 said:

JMR_2016 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

JMR_2016 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'll be here and ready to vote for an actual conservative in 2028. Trump and his band of idiots will be long gone after getting dominated in November (but obviously not before blaming cheating again) and you and the rest of the Trumpers will be back to ignoring politics and watching Jerry Springer for your entertainment.
FL_Ag1998
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-embrace-far-activist-laura-001551963.html

And here we go.

Trump supporters on here keep repeating, "It doesn't matter what Loomer posts, nobody outside of you DeSantis supporters even pays attention to her!" But look at this, NBC, as main-stream as it gets, is reporting on this nutjob and Trump's close ties to her. This is just the beginning folks, wake up.

Odd how everything we keep saying about the Trump 2024 campaign seems to be happening.
Dan Scott
AG
DeSantis is no longer a RINO. He's MAGA-Lite.

agz win
AG
Non MAGA will have to save the GOP in the general.
aggie93
AG
Dan Scott said:

Damn they are having to work overtime on switching out chips in the NPC's lately. Vivek Good! Vivek Bad! Haley Good! Haley Bad! Ron Bad! Ron Not so Bad!

I don't think most Trump supporter here are like that btw but they definitely are out there. I can't imagine how exhausting it must be to keep jumping from one narrative to the next depending on what Trump is thinking about at any given moment and just putting out as his stream of consciousness. I honestly think half the stuff he posts is just to troll. Maybe more than that.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BigRobSA
aggie93 said:

Dan Scott said:

Damn they are having to work overtime on switching out chips in the NPC's lately. Vivek Good! Vivek Bad! Haley Good! Haley Bad! Ron Bad! Ron Not so Bad!

I don't think most Trump supporter here are like that btw but they definitely are out there. I can't imagine how exhausting it must be to keep jumping from one narrative to the next depending on what Trump is thinking about at any given moment and just putting out as his stream of consciousness. I honestly think half the stuff he posts is just to troll. Maybe more than that.

I don't think it's trolling. I think it's just his dementia-driven stream of consciousness. Saw similar with my Aunt, who had dementia.
TRM
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I agree.

I think this weather benefits Desantis greatly. By every account on the ground, he's got a ground game surpassing even Cruz's in 16 whereas DementiaDon is relegated to begging, via mass text, for caucus captains with all the energy of a Jeb! campaign.
One caveat to that and yes it goes back to polling on enthusiasm. Trump at 49% very or extremely enthusiastic, DeSantis is about half that at 23% and Haley in third with 9%.

I find this statistic weird as "MAGA" voters are less likely to caucus.
J. Walter Weatherman
aggie93 said:

Dan Scott said:

Also, if he takes every position on every candidate and ends up picking one of of them for VP he can always go back and say "see, I always liked them" and Maga will follow along like good soldiers.
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

Dan Scott said:

I don't think they can fix the NPCs when it comes to DeSantis hatred. They have been programmed for almost a year to hated DeSantis more than they hate the Democrats.

Just read any post by soconpubbie, backpacker-c, conservative98, machomagaman, and the countless others on Free Republic and you'll see they cannot be fixed. Some of them have even said they want DeSantis and his followers to be the first ones Trump executes for "treason" once he is elected.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FireAg
AG
When do we start seeing results?
dvldog
AG
The caucuses don't begin until 7pm Central. I think I read the first results should be in by around 7:45pm Central.
ttu_85
FireAg said:

When do we start seeing results?
Results matter to you? I thought polls, polls and more polls told you all you need to know.
Counterpoint
AG
JMR_2016 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

JMR_2016 said:

He's been a nickname master since crooked Hillary.

I also base my presidential choice on the strength of their nickname skillz.
TRM
AG
FireAg
AG
FoxNews saying that DeSantis is bringing in the fewest first time participants…Ramaswamy is bringing in the most first timers…

Of the candidates Iowans say they couldn't get behind no matter what, FoxNews is reporting 30% saying Haley, 28% saying DeSantis, and 21% saying Trump…
FireAg
AG
It appears the polling averages are going to be fairly correct, for better or worse…

Trump is projected to win the Iowa Caucuses per FoxNews…

The battle is for 2nd between Haley and DeSantis…that too was predicted by the polling averages…
SA68AG
AG
The DeSantis Trump battle is over.

texagbeliever
FireAg said:

It appears the polling averages are going to be fairly correct, for better or worse…

Trump is projected to win the Iowa Caucuses per FoxNews…

The battle is for 2nd between Haley and DeSantis…that too was predicted by the polling averages…
Maybe the lesson is to be skeptical of information you want to hear. Nah this is somehow us stupid Trumpkins fault (even though we aren't diehard Trump people).
LMCane
LMCane
I did win $92 on PredictIt for DeSantis finishing second in Iowa.

I have $1022 on the dems winning the Presidency which I put in months ago so stand to win over $2000 when that hits, and the odds for that on the site just went higher.
FireAg
AG
LMCane said:

The tweet is an absolute terrible take, and a poor attempt to "spin" a bad night...

Trump's margin of victory, is the largest in history in the Iowa Caucuses for a contested caucus...

Long game? No...the field got historically destroyed last night...
AggieVictor10
AG
LMCane said:

Copium.
FireAg
AG
There are 99 counties in Iowa...

Trump took 98...

So DeSantis's efforts to visit every county and knock on over 3M doors was pretty much a failure...
LMCane
AggieVictor10 said:

LMCane said:

Copium.
LOL

Copium is whining about "Stop the Steal" the last THREE YEARS and posting thousands of pages of fake news claiming Trump won the 2020 election.

I put $1100 on the dems winning the Presidency on PredictIt months ago, I have never claimed that DeSantis would win the nomination and the Presidency.

only that DeSantis SHOULD be the nominee and WOULD win if the GOP was not made up of idiots.

Ag with kids
AG
LMCane said:

I did win $92 on PredictIt for DeSantis finishing second in Iowa.

I have $1022 on the dems winning the Presidency which I put in months ago so stand to win over $2000 when that hits, and the odds for that on the site just went higher.
Trump doing you favors.
Rongagin71
AG
FireAg said:

There are 99 counties in Iowa...

Trump took 98...

So DeSantis's efforts to visit every county and knock on over 3M doors was pretty much a failure...
DeSantis did not have enough financial backing to bust through Trump's well known , uh, well known, uh well, being well known...but DeSantis did try hard and is building for the future.
DD88
AG
Congrats to the Democrats.

Their "must defend Trump against bogus indictments" strategy is working well.
Old May Banker
AG
America will get the president it deserves.
FireAg
AG
That's the spin we are going with this morning? Cool…

I agree that in 2028, he has an opportunity to be a much more viable candidate and has plenty of lessons to learn from after this 2024 attempt…
FireAg
AG
Old May Banker said:

Can't argue otherwise, but this isn't breaking news…we've known for months that DeSantis had little to no chance this cycle…polling told us…
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

Old May Banker said:

Can't argue otherwise, but this isn't breaking news…we've known for months that DeSantis had little to no chance this cycle…polling told us…
Or it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Can't completely discount that.
First Page Last Page
Page 251 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.