OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,836 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NYT Hit Piece out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/21/us/politics/ron-desantis-extremely-online.html

How Ron DeSantis Lost The Internet

mostly meme-war bull**** and tossing dirt on both candidates, as you would expect.
TRM
AG
Old hit piece
BadMoonRisin
AG
thanks
PA24
AG
Trump is doing a fabulous job tonight, he will win the Republican nomination easily and you are either with him or Biden.

Trump 2024

Phatbob
AG
PA24 said:

Trump is doing a fabulous job tonight, he will win the Republican nomination easily and you are either with him or Biden.

Trump 2024

One of the most tired and worn out cliche arguments Trumpers make
Phatbob
AG
Tibbers said:

Hey! He finally got an endorsement! Grats on that!
TRM
AG
For you poll people, why did they release the internals versus her rather than DeSantis? 56% vs 40% in IA. Interesting to argue how that gets divvied out among the remaining candidates.
PA24
AG
[Personal attacks and bypassing obscenity filters earn time off - Staff]
LMCane
TRM
AG
Haven't seen any other confirmation of this.
LMCane
Dan Scott
AG
I'm starting to accept reality that DeSantis has no shot.

The anti-Trump traditional establishment vote is Haley. DeSantis was supposed to be have them + the real conservatives tired of Trump to beat MAGA. He's only got the latter and that coalition is too small to beat Trump.

Dan Scott
AG
Vivek is the 2nd choice of many. MAGA can tolerate Vivek but not DeSantis. DeSantis voters can tolerate Vivek too. That the strongest unified front against Haley. At least for me, once the Texas primary comes around and it's Trump/Haley, as of now I'm staying home.
LMCane
Dan Scott said:

I'm starting to accept reality that DeSantis has no shot.

The anti-Trump traditional establishment vote is Haley. DeSantis was supposed to be have them + the real conservatives tired of Trump to beat MAGA. He's only got the latter and that coalition is too small to beat Trump.

LMAO that you are just figuring out these things now.

we have only been discussing this for the last 5 months on the thread
TRM
AG
Like I said in a thread the other week, it's like Trump, Cruz, and Rubio from 2016 with some pieces moving around. If the Haley group was serious about moving on from Trump, they'd support DeSantis because if DeSantis leaves his voters go to Trump and Haley still loses and Trump is the nominee.
ttu_85
Phatbob said:

PA24 said:

Trump 2024

One of the most tired and worn out cliche arguments Trumpers make
Yep its beyond stupid and is nothing more than mindless trolling. And should be treated as such.
TRM
AG
Rongagin71
AG
LMCane said:

It is disturbing that Trump (or anyone) would tell such an obvious lie and believe it.
This is called "being out of touch with reality" and is particularly bad for a President.
Rapier108
Rongagin71 said:

LMCane said:

It is disturbing that Trump (or anyone) would tell such an obvious lie and believe it.
This is called "being out of touch with reality" and is particularly bad for a President.
That very lie is repeated on here almost daily.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Dan Scott
AG
Dan Scott
AG
TRM
AG
Another climate protestor.

BMX Bandit

Captn_Ag05
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Trump reads that and thinks VP Loomer has a great ring to it.
Rapier108
BMX Bandit said:

And MAGA disappears like a fart in the wind whenever Loomer's insanity is posted.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Dan Scott
AG
Rand is a never Nikki. I was hoping for a little more
aggie93
AG
I just don't know how you can reason with folks like this, it's just such a disconnect. It's kind of like how Trump was posting the White House Old Folks Home video about Biden and Trump folks think it is just so awesome as they can't wait to vote for Trump who will be older than Biden if he serves out his term.

I don't really even get mad at it anymore, I've just accepted the lunacy as being part of it. It's pointless to even argue as it is always somehow different because Trump.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
Question: What is HAARP and is it effective or just some research study? (which is what I thought it was.)
BigRobSA
Good Lord, Loomer is a moron.

She is the poster child for when people label Trump supporters "a cult".
Captn_Ag05
AG
aggiehawg said:

Question: What is HAARP and is it effective or just some research study? (which is what I thought it was.)
My question is why isn't Loomer in a loony bin somewhere
shack009
AG
aggiehawg said:

Alex Jones was talking about it 20ish years ago. There were early reports that they were experimenting with weather manipulation (I believe the stated purpose was for breaking up weather events, not causing them). Haven't heard anything in the past 10 years about it actually working.

I believe there was speculation from lefty lunatics that Bush used it to cause Katrina and targeted NO, specifically.
Rapier108
aggiehawg said:

High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program

It is a research project that the conspiracy theorists have been going off on for 30 years now.

I'm not a Wikipedia fan, but it does give a good overview of what it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

And Loomer's tweet is already part of the article's conspiracy theories section.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. Thought it was just a hypothetical research study. We fund a lot of dumb research projects anyway. This is just another one, I guess.
aggie93
AG
This is 7 minutes but encapsulates my feelings on DeSantis, Trump, and this election about as well as I have heard. Well worth watching no matter how you are voting. Deace was a big Trump guy and the part about how he was so excited last year for the Midterms and what they meant is spot on. Talking about the differences between 2016 Trump and 2024 Trump is spot on. Talking about how conservatives always talk about having someone that actually will do the things they have wanted for decades is spot on. It's a time for choosing.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ag87H2O
AG
aggie93 said:

I just don't know how you can reason with folks like this, it's just such a disconnect. It's kind of like how Trump was posting the White House Old Folks Home video about Biden and Trump folks think it is just so awesome as they can't wait to vote for Trump who will be older than Biden if he serves out his term.

I don't really even get mad at it anymore, I've just accepted the lunacy as being part of it. It's pointless to even argue as it is always somehow different because Trump.

"I'm sad about Saban retiring but he is 72. That's pretty old to be coaching. Someone younger will come in and do a great job. I'm sure of it because they will most likely have been taught by Saban."

I didn't reply to him because all I could think was "So 72 is too old to coach football but 78 isn't too old to run the country?!"

I bet there are a ton of Trump supporters out there that were thinking the same thing yesterday after Saban's announcement. Such a great point, but it's lost on folks blinded by the desire for some payback.

It's sad that personality and vendettas count more to voters than conservative policy and effective leadership.

This comes to mind
First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.