OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,378 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

aginresearch said:

Losing to Biden was a bar you had to try hard to trip over. Trump did. A competent conservative would have killed Biden.
So what's the real argument here? Covid didn't happen and election laws were not illegally changed to mandate all of the mail in ballots and illegal drop boxes? How much of rewriting history is involved here?

You are WAY overthinking it hawg, it was simply an effective answer that shutdown an irrelevant and distracting question that does make you realize that the easiest answer would have been to win.

FWIW Trump lost the election in the first debate when he didn't bother to prepare and got tripped up repeatedly. Walked right into the idiotic Proud Boys question and others. Trump also signed the bill that funded all those election law changes and he is the one who signed off on the shutdowns. He didn't have the balls to stand up to Fauci and he feared repercussions from the press and in the end he lost everything anyway.

Trump did many good things but he made mistake after mistake in 2020 and ultimately those mistakes cost him. Did the Democrats cheat? Probably but he also didn't prepare for that and have a team prepared to challenge that.

Trump also hasn't done a damn thing to address the issues that you talk about in regards to ERIC or how the Dems are going to use ballot harvesting or anything else so I don't know why you think the results are going to be different now.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

aggiehawg said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

PA24 said:

aginresearch said:

Irrelevant. Winners win. Losers lose. Trump is a loser. Tired of losing.
Ron is about join that loser bracket.

Lol

Well he'll have to get two more losses to catch up with Trump. And then once Trump loses to Biden again he'll finally be done and the future of the party goes to DeSantis, Ernst, Youngkin and the rest of the adults who actually know how to win elections.
Primary losses will not count?

It'll be DeSantis' first loss in his career (outside of withdrawing for Senate when Rubio decided to run again). Trump is already responsible for three losses in the last 6 years and will soon have four.
If we are playing that game Trump withdrew from the Reform Party nomination in 2000 to Pat Buchanan.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
willtackleforfood said:

Florida loves him so much, he's getting trounced by Trump. Why?

Really? When was the Primary?

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
willtackleforfood said:

LOL at all you fools who think US elections are.....elections. They are, selections.

Argentina counts millions of votes over night. And fulton county takes weeks. LOL. Keep believing friends, its comical.
So does Florida but they didn't used to, then they elected DeSantis.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
willtackleforfood said:

I won't be able to convince you elections are rigged. All of them. However, a shyt hole country can run an election in 24 hours with millions of votes. While an American county can't. You won't deduce anything from that I am sure. But for the critical thinkers, they'll smell BS.

The connection - Ron says 2020's election were straight up. He knows they weren't. What a joke.
Where did DeSantis say that the 2020 election was straight up? He said Biden won and he has talked about how to beat the Dems using every legal means necessary and then move to transparent laws like they have in Florida. Trump has no plan except to say he already has all the votes he needs and scream cheating. He's already doing it in Iowa against DeSantis even though he is apparently up by eleventy billion.

Ronald Reagan
Dan Scott
AG
Remember MAGA going nuts because Casey DeSantis asked outsider to come help caucus in Iowa. Trump team passing out below fliers

Meanwhile, here pillow guy doing exactly what they consider fraud.

aggie93
AG
willtackleforfood said:

I wonder why....you guys are clueless.

Cool. Want me to look for a video montage of Trump praising DeSantis too?

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
Trump has been sending out mailers with the wrong address. Don't think it was malicious, just ineptness.

FL_Ag1998
AG
Dan Scott said:

Remember MAGA going nuts because Casey DeSantis asked outsider to come help caucus in Iowa. Trump team passing out below fliers

Meanwhile, here pillow guy doing exactly what they consider fraud.

If Team Trump didn't have hypocrisy they'd have no values at all.
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
PA24
AG
On January 10, Trump gives a town hall, 5 days before the vote. He will shore up his base.

My prediction

Trump……wins +30%
Rama…….surprisingly second place
Haley……..disappointing 3rd

Tibbers
I think you may be on to something. Not sure Desantis doesn't come in at least third, but Haley has been catching fire as of late.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Man, you guys have convinced me. You're right. DeSantis likely comes in 12th place.

1st.....Trump clearly, because he's Trump, and Trump always wins. Except when he doesn't, but that's only because he was cheated. But when he's not cheated out of his win, he wins by like, oh, I don't know, like 1000x more than the other guys. Because he's a Proven Warrior! So I'm predicting Trump wins at least 98.9% of the vote. Rural America loves Donald John Trump!

2nd...Ramaswamy, obviously. He's the only candidate talking straight, with plans to truly change the D.C. landscape. Well, except when DeSantis says that stuff first, and like, has an actual plan that is do-able in real life. But DeSantis wears shoe lifts!!!! So ha!!

3rd.....Trump's future V.P. and darling of the Elitists and Deep State. Do I even really need to say her name?

4th Christie...I mean, he's never really been a factor, but c'mon, DeSantis is so terrible that even Christie is sure to overtake him!

5th through 11th....random last minute write-ins that stand no chance but are obviously better candidates than Shoe-lifts Ronna DeSactimonious!!!

12th...Ronna DeSanctimonious. Pffftt! What a wanna-be loser, amiright? This is the fate he deserves for challenging "The King"! (Fyi, I totally meant "The King" as a phrase of speech, I really don't worship my Lord Trump. I swear). Ronna would be mopping a McDonalds right now if it weren't for Trump bestowing his Royal blessing on him in 2018! Ronna is only a plant sent by the Global Elitists and Deep State to undermine King Trump! Well, I suppose those guys are now backing Trump's future V.P., ....but, uhh, DESANCTIMONIOUS IS PURE EVIL AND WILL RUE THE DAY HE CHALLENGED TRUMP! RURAL AMERICA HATES RONALD DION DESANTIS!
Tibbers
I just like Vivek as a candidate more and anyone with objective eyes, on either side of the aisle, can see that Vivek's campaign is heating up while Ron's hit an iceberg. Vivek seems confident and I've seen his crowds, they are quite the mix of young and old. From what he says, many first time faces. Many not to be captured in the traditional model. Should be an exciting finish.
AggieVictor10
AG
Are you ok?
PA24
AG
We finally agree

Blue star
BigRobSA
Tibbers said:

I just like Vivek as a candidate more and anyone with objective eyes, on either side of the aisle, can see that Vivek's campaign is heating up while Ron's hit an iceberg. Vivek seems confident and I've seen his crowds, they are quite the mix of young and old. From what he says, many first time faces. Many not to be captured in the traditional model. Should be an exciting finish.

Honestly didn't even know Vivek was still in it.

LOL at "heating up".
Tibbers
He's on stage 1.
LMCane
aginresearch said:

Irrelevant. Winners win. Losers lose. Trump is a loser. Tired of losing.
best rejoinder on this site for a long time.

Trumpers and anti-DeSantis people come up with 650 hypotheticals as to why Trump lost, none of which have to do with his own mistakes and poor standing with the American people.

seeming completely oblivious to the fact that under Trump his side has lost 4 straight national elections over 7 years.

but cheating!! (which we can't prove and all intelligent people understand did not change the outcome of the election)
LMCane
and several more iterations of literal inane gibberish from this clown last night

LMCane
More inane gibberish from the Orange Clown.

as if the American people are going to listen to this and say,

"you know what? I have been wrong about Trump the last 7 years!!"

BigRobSA
Early stages of dementia, on display.

If he was a chick, you'd be finding his purse in the freezer.
Old May Banker
AG
Such a buffoon.
FL_Ag1998
AG
PA24 said:

We finally agree

Blue star

Proven Warriors!
Rapier108
Haley said she would seriously consider DeSantis as her running mate.

DeSantis quickly said absolutely not.

MAGA claims this is proof that DeSantis is a deep state, neocon stooge.

Also, Loomer showed up to disrupt a Haley event and got tossed out by the police.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
J. Walter Weatherman
LMCane said:

More inane gibberish from the Orange Clown.

as if the American people are going to listen to this and say,

"you know what? I have been wrong about Trump the last 7 years!!"

I'm sure PA24 and Science Denier will be along shortly to defend whatever this is.
Old Army Metal
AG
LMCane said:

and several more iterations of literal inane gibberish from this clown last night

Today's installment of "Who said this, Donald trump or Violent J from Insane Clown Posse?"
Dan Scott
AG
I think Trump townhall on Fox got moved to 5PM and will no longer compete with CNN debate. Bottom right of Fox News is showing the time. Maybe Trump shows up
Ag with kids
AG
Old Army Metal said:

LMCane said:

Today's installment of "Who said this, Donald trump or Violent J from Insane Clown Posse?"
shiftyandquick
Reporting that if DeSantis loses Iowa, he will immediately drop out and endorse Trump.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4392477-is-desantis-going-to-drop-out-of-the-race-on-jan-15/
AggieVictor10
AG
shiftyandquick said:

Reporting that if DeSantis loses Iowa, he will immediately drop out and endorse Trump.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4392477-is-desantis-going-to-drop-out-of-the-race-on-jan-15/

The hill always was a lefty site.
FireAg
AG
Not sure if I buy that at face value right or, but I think it comes out of the gate 0-4 in the primaries, DeSantis will not make it to Super Tuesday…
aggiehawg
AG
FireAg said:

Not sure if I buy that at face value right or, but I think it comes out of the gate 0-4 in the primaries, DeSantis will not make it to Super Tuesday…
Watch the margins in Iowa.

Quote:

Iowa Attorney General Brenna Bird (R) is predicting a "historic" win for former President Donald Trump in the upcoming Iowa caucuses, she said during an appearance on Breitbart News Saturday.

"His rallies are jam-packed, and there's enthusiasm all over the state. You know, the caucuses are just over a week away, so they are not far away at all," Bird, who endorsed Trump in 2023, told Breitbart News Saturday host Matthew Boyle.

"I am predicting a historic win in the caucuses by President Trump," she predicted. "The biggest win we've ever had for a Republican in the Iowa caucuses was way back in 1988, 12 points."
Quote:

"That's a big win. I think anything over ten points is really considered a blowout. And right now, President Trump is pulling at maybe 30 points ahead. That's just incredible. It's unprecedented. It's historic," she said, urging Republican primary voters to come out and support Trump on Election Day "because the poll that matters is the one on Election Day."
Quote:

Her biggest worry, she said, is that Trump is so far ahead that some supporters who are busy may think the former president has it in the bag and will skip voting.

"They need to show up; they need to vote because a big win in Iowa, I think, really ends it for Joe Biden and propels President Trump forward into the presidency," she predicted, explaining why she chose to endorse Trump over other candidates.
LINK

The GOP Iowa caucuses have historically been pretty close, just a few points separating one and two. If 12 points in 1988 is the bigget margin (Bush 41) and Trump doubles that?
FireAg
AG
I would not be shocked if the polls are off by 15-20 points…so I suppose it could be close to a blowout…

But I do not think they are off by 33 points…
aggiehawg
AG
FireAg said:

I would not be shocked if the polls are off by 15-20 points…so I suppose it could be close to a blowout…

But I do not think they are off by 33 points…
Agree that would be a massive polling failure and not just an outlier.

I really hope DeSantis comes in closer than 15 points down, with Haley several points behind him. Haley is really starting to bug me. I was kind of lukewarm on her but now I don't want her anywhere near the WH, including as VP.
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.