OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,760 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Maybe you've heard of mass texting?
Mass texting to get a caucus CAPTAIN?

You mean, they just throw out texts and hope someone takes the job of being in charge?

Wait...I think that's how he filled cabinet positions last term.
Rapier108
Donald Trump 'fears Supreme Court could BACK Colorado's decision to take him off the ballot and that three conservative justices he appointed won't want to be seen as political'
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie93
AG
Trump is sending these out everywhere in Iowa to DeSantis precinct captains they have not spoken to. Completely disorganized. This is awesome, love how they have the coozy saying Trump won Iowa in 2016 as a chef's kiss.

If we nominate Trump we deserve to lose. Absolute amateur hour and this is with all his experience.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Dan Scott
AG
This woman is so fake.

FireAg
AG
And yet the left is ramping up their efforts to prohibit Trump from running…

The writing is starting to appear on the wall…it hasn't been some shrewd D plan to get Trump nominated so they could destroy him in the general in 2024…they are scared of him and fear he could pull it off…
Dan Scott
AG
Drain the swamp…lol

Dan Scott
AG
I don't know if it was part of some shrewd plan. I'm not that cynical but no question, as soon as he was indicted, he received a big jump at the expense of DeSantis. At least among Rs, a decent chunk of the Trump vote is to say F U to Dems and not necessarily because they feel he is best. So if it was a shrewd plan to give him the nomination knowing Rs would rally around him, and then send R nominee to a public trial and convict him before the election, it's working.

I think what the Dems didn't foresee is the Israel/Hamas conflict which is hurting Biden among the Dems and add to that the border, maybe they feel despite all the legal stuff, a Trump would still win so they are on Plan B.
aggiehawg
AG
Dan Scott said:

I don't know if it was part of some shrewd plan. I'm not that cynical but no question, as soon as he was indicted, he received a big jump at the expense of DeSantis. At least among Rs, a decent chunk of the Trump vote is to say F U to Dems and not necessarily because they feel he is best. So if it was a shrewd plan to give him the nomination knowing Rs would rally around him, and then send R nominee to a public trial and convict him before the election, it's working.

I think what the Dems didn't foresee is the Israel/Hamas conflict which is hurting Biden among the Dems and add to that the border, maybe they feel despite all the legal stuff, a Trump would still win so they are on Plan B.
And what is Plan B? Ditch Biden for Newsom? Hillary? Whitmer? Kamala?
Dan Scott
AG
Plan A was all the legal cases against Trump to help him win the nomination because the Rs would rally around him and then force the R nominee to be a convicted felon by November 2024.

Because Biden sucks so much and Americans would still vote Trump even if convicted, Plan B is to remove him off ballot.

Plan C is replacing Biden.
Dan Scott
AG
There might be something Vivek disagrees with Trump on after all. Too bad we won't hear them actually debate it and get some details.

Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

Dan Scott said:

And what is Plan B? Ditch Biden for Newsom? Hillary? Whitmer? Kamala?
Turn on the speaker so EVERYONE and not just his supporters can hear him every time he opens his mouth? Then he can remind the left and the middle why they they don't like him...because they really don't like him.

Right now, the media really isn't publicizing much on Trump other than the court stuff and they're not putting his quotes and tweets/TS posts on blast. Seems to me that if they REALLY didn't want him, this would be front page material every day.
Ag with kids
AG
Dan Scott said:

There might be something Vivek disagrees with Trump on after all. Too bad we won't hear them actually debate it and get some details.

Shut down the BIG BEAUTIFUL FBI? Blasphemy!!!
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

And yet the left is ramping up their efforts to prohibit Trump from running…

The writing is starting to appear on the wall…it hasn't been some shrewd D plan to get Trump nominated so they could destroy him in the general in 2024…they are scared of him and fear he could pull it off…

Fear has nothing to do with it, it's just hate.
Dan Scott
AG

I hope these attacks land.
PA24
AG
DeSantis knows his only chance is the democrats kicking Trump out which is a sign of desperation. Dude has no sense of awareness, will never get the endorsement from MAGA. He should have waited much like his counterpart in CA. is doing.

I am warming up to a Haley VP but man, Abbott is nails as a Governor and would be an excellent choice.
Ag with kids
AG
PA24 said:

DeSantis knows his only chance is the democrats kicking Trump out which is a sign of desperation. Dude has no sense of awareness, will never get the endorsement from MAGA. He should have waited much like his counterpart in CA. is doing.

I am warming up to a Haley VP but man, Abbott is nails as a Governor and would be an excellent choice.
Wait...so if DeSantis is the nominee, MAGA will effectively vote for Biden? Since, that's the argument MAGA has been using to tell others that they HAVE to vote for Trump...

AND you're warming up to Haley...

Sounds like MAGA is a bunch of CMs, GOPe, libs, RINOs...

PA24
AG
Ag with kids said:

PA24 said:

Wait...so if DeSantis is the nominee, MAGA will effectively vote for Biden? Since, that's the argument MAGA has been using to tell others that they HAVE to vote for Trump...

Sounds like MAGA is a bunch of CMs, GOPe, libs, RINOs...

silly, he is trailing Haley, he will never get the support to win the Republican nomination.

He peaked after his announcement.

Dan Scott
AG
I guess now he's for it.

TRM
AG
Love the Dred Scott reference at the end there - it's a subtle needle at Haley.
TRM
AG
LMCane
Dan Scott said:

Drain the swamp…lol

Trumpers: "Drain the Swamp!! the FBI is an enemy of Trump!!"

Also Trumpers: "build the FBI a massive and beautiful headquarters in DC!!!"
FireAg
AG
RCP polling average now showing Haley has caught DeSantis nationally...both averaging 11.2% to Trump's 62.5%...

In Iowa, Trump remains almost 33 points ahead of DeSantis, and Haley is 2.5 points from DeSantis...

In NH, Haley has shaved 11.5 points off of Trump's lead there in less than 3 months...

13 days until the Iowa Caucuses...
Rapier108
New week, new poll trolling.

Just like clockwork.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FireAg
AG
Nationally vs Biden, Trump continues to maintain about 2.4 point lead, while Haley still does better vs Biden by nearly twice that...

DeSantis is polling at 0.2 point ahead of Biden nationally...so he's basically in a dead heat at the moment...
TRM
AG
The Trump campaign's goal was filling the full slate of ~1800 precinct captains in Iowa and for them to each bring in 10 first time caucus goers. Seems like they'll fall short of that goal. They're cold-calling/texting looking for captains.

From what I understand about the DeSantis campaign phone bank operation, people are volunteering to speak at the caucus on his behalf and to be precinct captains.

Interesting to see what happens.
FL_Ag1998
AG
PA24 said:

Of course you are. Orange Leader is indicating he might pick her so time to hedge your bets, compromise the values you had just as recently as last week, and fall in line like a good little MAGA footsoldier.
LMCane
The omnipresent grifters from Fox News don't even hide it anymore

FireAg
AG
TRM said:

The Trump campaign's goal was filling the full slate of ~1800 precinct captains in Iowa and for them to each bring in 10 first time caucus goers. Seems like they'll fall short of that goal. They're cold-calling/texting looking for captains.

From what I understand about the DeSantis campaign phone bank operation, people are volunteering to speak at the caucus on his behalf and to be precinct captains.

Interesting to see what happens.
It is absolutely not outside the realm of possibility that something absolutely unprecedented happens in Iowa, and because of some genius move employed only by the DeSantis campaign to recruit individual caucus goers (including both speakers and captains) directly by the campaign operatives, he makes up 33+ points on Caucus day...

But based on past precedent, this would be the wildest of wild outcomes ever in the history of the caucuses...

It is about as likely as the Music City Miracle working to pull the Titans within 6 points (instead of winning the game with that one miracle kickoff return) to cut into a 13-point defecit with less than 16-seconds on the clock, and then recovering an onside kick with less than 4 seconds on the clock, and scoring on the next play with a 65-yard+ Hail Mary, and kicking the extrapoint to win it with :00 left in the game...

Is it impossible? No...

Is it astronimically unlikely? Yes...

So maybe DeSantis pulls off the miracle of all miracles in 13 days...but quite literally ALL of the empirical evidence says otherwise...
Seriously77
Time for DeSantis crowd to rally around Trump.

this election is about to get real.
Rapier108
Seriously77 said:

No
FireAg
AG
Let me also add...

If DeSantis does indeed pull off that kind of miracle, in the face of being 33 points down in Iowa polling (remember Cruz was down single digits going into Caucus day in 2016) to actually win the caucuses, it would be a monumental upset, and he would certainly be worthy of much praise for pulling it off...

But until I see a candidate erase a 33 point polling defecit on Caucus day, to win if only be a single point (so a 34-point swing), I simply have no rational reason to believe that is possible...
J. Walter Weatherman
Seriously77 said:

Why would actual conservatives rally around a liberal?
Ag with kids
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Seriously77 said:

Why would actual conservatives rally around a liberal?
Why won't the Trump crowd begin to rally around DeSantis. If they're conservative, they'd get a viable candidate in the general AND someone that will push a more conservative agenda.

Unless...they're not really conservative...
TRM
AG
I see you didn't chime in on this thread to disagree with this breakdown:
A Look Back At Iowa 2016 Caucus | TexAgs

Also, consider the Nagle Rule for Iowa
Quote:

There are three well-known rules to find success in the Iowa Caucus, also known as the Nagle Rule, since I first proscribed them: Rule No. 1 is Organize; Rule Number Two is Organize and Rule No. 3 is Get Hot at the End.
Quote:

The process has clearly evolved. Probably the first presidential contender to take the caucus to a higher level of organization was Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas. He mined the individual's preferences on issues and interests (like hunting and fishing license, church attendance, profession), which clearly enabled him to overcome in 2016 the large crowds that gathered to hear then-candidate Donald Trump.
This is issue with polling averages in Iowa is you need good polls to average out the crap you get from the likes of Trafalgar, InsiderAdvantage, etc. Another, issue is most of the polls in the average aren't good polls. Finally, there is more error in caucus polling than in primary polling.

Not to say Trump doesn't have an advantage at the moment. The level of organization and targeted information being sent out to sway opinions is being underestimated. It's one thing to go to the primary voting booth, vote, then be done with it. The caucus requires you listen to your neighbors and friends speak up and listen to their reasons for supporting their preferred candidate. It can be quite persuadable for those not locked in. Many of these speakers will be fed targeted information to bring to help sway opinions. I think the last poll showed about half of Trump 1st choice were locked, so there are people to be picked off.
Phatbob
AG
Trump is their bread and butter, of course they are going to push him. Nothing is as boring as winning without any drama, but losing by the most dramatic way possible... all the time... for years... that is a "news" networks wet dream.
First Page Last Page
Page 231 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.