OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

427,013 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
UAS Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nortex97 said:

My only disagreement with your take, personally, is that J6 is not an embarrassment at all to me and a lot of Americans. It is if anything a motivator as the fedsurrection and all the lies about it infuriate me to this day, including the DC gulags housing political prisoners.

That, and I guess I have lost a lot of confidence we will ever see a surge in the primary that matters for RDS, as per the tweet too that I posted. DT seems to be only gaining strength as the primaries advance on the calendar.
Unfortunately, it resonates with the middle...maybe not as an insurrection, but at least as a cluster **** that they blame on Trump.

Plus, if 2020 was a referendum on Trump and Covid, how does that go away? Trump will do the same thing if it happens again (he hasn't said he was wrong in ANYTHING he did then).
aggiehawg
AG
Anyone know what this is about?

FireAg
AG
I personally don't see how the Ds can stick with Biden…if he's trailing going into Election Day, it will be extremely difficult to stuff the ballot boxes in certain key areas like 2020 and keep more than just Rs from calling foul…

However, until they DO replace him, any hypothetical opinions about the impact of a different D replacing him (and it would have to be at the convention as he is going to win the D nomination, and it's too late to replace him on several primary ballots) are just that…hypothetical opinions with no data to back it up…

I know a lot of folks have assumed it would be Gavin Newsom, but he performed so poorly against DeSantis, that I think he's a non starter…

Could they turn to Hakeem Jeffries? I think that's possible, but they just haven't propped that guy up the way they did Obama…and Obama came from the upper house (Senate) and not from the lower house…
BD88
AG
Quote:

However, until they DO replace him, any hypothetical opinions about the impact of a different D replacing him (and it would have to be at the convention as he is going to win the D nomination, and it's too late to replace him on several primary ballots) are just that…hypothetical opinions with no data to back it up…
Exactly.
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Roe was fired, they haven't been happy with the results out of NBD and have been shaking things up for the last few weeks. Not much more to it.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Fact Check: True

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
aggie93 said:

aggiehawg said:

Roe was fired, they haven't been happy with the results out of NBD and have been shaking things up for the last few weeks. Not much more to it.
Oh. I found this:

Quote:

Republican strategist Phil Cox, a longtime DeSantis ally and adviser, has stepped in to help steer the PAC in the final weeks before the Iowa caucus.

Roe's departure followed the publishing of an article in The Washington Post on Saturday about backbiting within the PAC.

Roe said in a statement posted to X that he "cannot in good conscience stay affiliated with Never Back Down given the statements in the Washington Post today. They are not true and an unwanted distraction at a critical time for Governor DeSantis."

He added, "I can't believe it ended this way. I'm so proud to have worked alongside these men and women at NBD 24/7 the past nine months to save the country. Good luck the next 28 days and a wake up. I'm so sorry I can't be there with you."

DeSantis has been heavily leaning on Never Back Down to oversee his campaign's functions, including its field deployment.
LINK
FireAg
AG
And yet the pillar of all things liberal vs all things conservative…the biggest feather in the left wing cap, Roe v Wade, was finally overturned with the help of justices appointed by Donald Trump…

Imagine this country and the structure of the court if Hillary had won in 2016…
aggie93
AG
So if in a couple of months DeSantis drops out and we are stuck with the 80 year old who just talks about polls and thinks campaigning is showing up to UFC events with the 2 guys that sold out the conservative movement for Bud Light money we will know why we will lose. We would be running on issues that actually impact the people and a serious plan to fix them.

I really hope people wake up.

Ronald Reagan
UAS Ag
aggiehawg said:

Apparently there is infighting at the Never Back Down PAC and Jeff Roe quit.
aggiehawg
AG
Well, that's not good.
UAS Ag
FireAg said:

I personally don't see how the Ds can stick with Biden…if he's trailing going into Election Day, it will be extremely difficult to stuff the ballot boxes in certain key areas like 2020 and keep more than just Rs from calling foul…

I know a lot of folks have assumed it would be Gavin Newsom, but he performed so poorly against DeSantis, that I think he's a non starter…

Could they turn to Hakeem Jeffries? I think that's possible, but they just haven't propped that guy up the way they did Obama…and Obama came from the upper house (Senate) and not from the lower house…
If they replace Biden, then Trump's strategy of just being at least not Biden goes out the window. Now it would be a referendum between Trump and all his baggage against someone without the baggage of the ****ty economy and not 80 years old.

Not a good thing for Trump at all. All he has right now is "I was robbed" and "I'm not Biden".
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

And yet the pillar of all things liberal vs all things conservative…the biggest feather in the left wing cap, Roe v Wade, was finally overturned with the help of justices appointed by Donald Trump…

Imagine this country and the structure of the court if Hillary had won in 2016…
Trump is already trying to give that W away though by making abortion a Federal issue and making it legal up until 5 months. The fact is his 3 appointments are all less conservative than Alito and Thomas and because McConnell had gotten rid of the filibuster he could have chosen anyone. So he did ok but all 3 continue to disappoint.

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
I somewhat agree…but I do think he still performs well on being the "wrongfully persecuted anti-establishment" guy…and that's where these indictments probably do play in his favor…

His polling takes a turn for the worse with convictions, at least among independents and Rs closer to center, but that too could change if he's the last man standing vs a Biden…

I think folks truly see Biden was a dud…so if it's Trump v Biden, with convictions, I'm more confident in Trump still prevailing than if it were convicted Trump vs Dem TBD…

I also think folks might get comfortable voting for Trump with Haley waiting in the wings to take over, should he be impeached for a 3rd time, and with Haley being as popular as she is with independents, it might help push a Senate conviction and removal through…

But man…I still have very deep concerns about our removing Trump forcibly from office…in my opinion, that would lead to significant violence in this nation…
FireAg
AG
With the SCOTUS ruling in overturning Roe, I do believe any federalization of abortion would require a convention of the states…which is what SCOTUS essentially mandated…

It's a state issue, in the eyes of the constitution, and until you make it a constitutional amendment, it is going to remain a state issue…

In the end, the President can't really do **** on this issue…
Rongagin71
AG
So are you saying that Trump is smart enough to understand this and is just playing the voters?
MarkTwain
I still don't get why people seem to think that anyone should fear Biden dropping out this late in the game. There's only been four brokered conventions in US history and the party that had them lost. The Dems made their bed with Joe they are stuck with him. They are praying for the justice system to tank Trump, because they know his base is going to be there. The border is a real issue, but the Achilles Heel for DeSantis is Abortion and I'm not saying he's wrong, just saying it's where he's going to motivate the opposition. Abortion is going to be the attack point for the Dems, it's all they have. Hayley is raining on DeSantis parade, and she's costing him money, she waffled on abortion for purely strategic gain. She's the Swamp's plan B and DeSantis doesn't fit in there. Notice how DeSantis has kinda backed off Disney? Hayley was literally begging them to come to SC. Like them or not Walt Disney World Resort generated more than $40 billion in economic impact across FLA and more than a quarter of a million total jobs. If DeSantis successfully drove Disney out of FLA the FLA economy takes a dive. It was a great rah rah moment for campaigning and rev up the base, but facs are the last thing ANY governor want's to do is drive that many jobs and revenue out of their state, regardless of their woke BS.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
SA68AG
AG
As much as I love DeSantis, it's pretty clear by now that it's not happening for him this election cycle barring some unforeseen event.

Realistically it looks like the best ticket to beat Biden is Trump/Haley.

It's a damn shame that Republicans can't see that DeSantis would make a vastly superior president but it is what it is.

TRM
AG
Old May Banker
AG
Lol... what's that loony ***** carrying on about?
MarkTwain
As bad as I hate Loomer it's a fake
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
BigRobSA
Old May Banker said:

Lol... what's that loony ***** carrying on about?

Her Trumpy-poo gettin rekt next November.
TRM
AG
Actually, it's real. She tweeted it, then screencaptured it to edit it to stir up crap trying to get someone fired, then deleted it. The tweet is at the exact same time as the fake tweet she's circulating. Only problem is she didn't realize other people captured her original tweet.
FireAg
AG
Why do y'all even pay attention to that nut job?

Ya'll give her the attention she wants…
TRM
AG
Why does Trump praise that nut job?
SA68AG
AG
TRM said:

Why does Trump praise that nut job?
Trump praises everyone who praises him.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

With the SCOTUS ruling in overturning Roe, I do believe any federalization of abortion would require a convention of the states…which is what SCOTUS essentially mandated…

It's a state issue, in the eyes of the constitution, and until you make it a constitutional amendment, it is going to remain a state issue…

In the end, the President can't really do **** on this issue…
Roe wasn't Legislation, it was a ruling from the Bench. We have no clue what happens if there is a Federal Law passed and Trump has already said he is ok with abortion up until 5 months.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Foreverconservative said:

I still don't get why people seem to think that anyone should fear Biden dropping out this late in the game. There's only been four brokered conventions in US history and the party that had them lost. The Dems made their bed with Joe they are stuck with him. They are praying for the justice system to tank Trump, because they know his base is going to be there. The border is a real issue, but the Achilles Heel for DeSantis is Abortion and I'm not saying he's wrong, just saying it's where he's going to motivate the opposition. Abortion is going to be the attack point for the Dems, it's all they have. Hayley is raining on DeSantis parade, and she's costing him money, she waffled on abortion for purely strategic gain. She's the Swamp's plan B and DeSantis doesn't fit in there. Notice how DeSantis has kinda backed off Disney? Hayley was literally begging them to come to SC. Like them or not Walt Disney World Resort generated more than $40 billion in economic impact across FLA and more than a quarter of a million total jobs. If DeSantis successfully drove Disney out of FLA the FLA economy takes a dive. It was a great rah rah moment for campaigning and rev up the base, but facs are the last thing ANY governor want's to do is drive that many jobs and revenue out of their state, regardless of their woke BS.
DeSantis won by 20 points AFTER he went after Disney.

Also if you think that the Dems picking a younger guy without baggage instead of Biden hurts them you need your head examined.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
SA68AG said:

As much as I love DeSantis, it's pretty clear by now that it's not happening for him this election cycle barring some unforeseen event.

Realistically it looks like the best ticket to beat Biden is Trump/Haley.

It's a damn shame that Republicans can't see that DeSantis would make a vastly superior president but it is what it is.

Well let's wait for Iowa and see.

Trump/Haley is the most likely scenario though.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

Trump praises her constantly and Don Jr wants her as Press Secretary. annie was posting her stuff a few days ago as well to support Trump.

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
How exactly is Congress going to pass a law that isn't within their powers to control? They'd have to tie it to something that does fall under the powers, and I just don't see it…

I think the only way to make it a national issue again is to amend the constitution, and I just don't see that happening…
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

Trump praises her constantly and Don Jr wants her as Press Secretary. annie was posting her stuff a few days ago as well to support Trump.

You realize that average Joe American doesn't know about, therefore doesn't give a **** about Loomer, right?
FireAg
AG
Seriously, some of y'all are the ones who obsess over every little dumb thing that escapes her keyboard…most of America doesn't care or, at a minimum, doesn't take her seriously…
MarkTwain
aggie93 said:

Foreverconservative said:

DeSantis won by 20 points AFTER he went after Disney.

Also if you think that the Dems picking a younger guy without baggage instead of Biden hurts them you need your head examined.
History says otherwise. NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE US has a brokered convention produced a POTUS

Might want to contact a neurologist
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

Seriously, some of y'all are the ones who obsess over every little dumb thing that escapes her keyboard…most of America doesn't care or, at a minimum, doesn't take her seriously…
That's simply a matter of the press letting her stay in her little box on Truth Social. That's easy enough to correct when the time comes. Loomer is fodder for endless news cycles when the media chooses to make it one. They can show how crazy she is, maybe even interview her. Then they just show Trump with her and talking about her and then they ask him to denounce her. It's a game they have played over and over again.

Most people don't know who Nick Fuentes is either but the fact Trump had him over for dinner has been memory holed for now. Same with Kanye and Milo.

Trump constantly leaves himself open like this because if someone says nice things about him and attacks his enemies he loves them.

It's as though some of you have forgotten how they dealt with Trump while he was President.

Ronald Reagan
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.