OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

424,931 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
the_batman26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think that's why he was appealing. He made a mockery out of politics which, in itself, is ridiculous.
Phatbob
AG
LMCane
Who is stocking up the popcorn for Trump's

BIG GIANT PRESS CONFERENCE ON MONDAY THAT WILL REVEAL ALL THE TRUTH ABOUT STOPPING THE STEAL AND HOW I AM INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES!
No Spin Ag
Phatbob said:

The movie nailed it perfectly - except for the color and age. Make him white and add decades upon decades to the age and it's spot on.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
LMCane
The Banned said:

the_batman26 said:

The country is kinda doomed. 2020/2022 is proof of that. People vote based on feelings than platform. Hence how both Biden and Fetterman won.

I'm good with either candidate, but some here assume Ron has a sure shot road to the WH when the electorate is juvenile.

The results were hard for me to fathom at first too. Who in their right mind would vote for a dem right now? But after speaking to friends and family that chose to sit out last election, or even vote for Biden, it's very clear that trump is toxic to them. Just the way it is. And not in a way that Bush was toxic or how the media makes any republican look. Bush was literally hitler and won re-election easily anyway. Trump is a different level of toxic.

Every person who thinks they run this country is a narcissist. Trump just wears it loudly on his sleeve and it's one hell of a turn off for anyone not firmly grounded in logic.

I agree with the sentiment of course.

but let's not get carried away- Bush did NOT win re-election easily.

it came down to a few thousand votes in Ohio.

Candidate
Party
Electoral Votes
Popular Votes

George W. Bush (I)
Republican

John F. Kerry
Democratic

Other: See Election Facts Below

Margin of Victory Map
This map is shaded by how large the popular vote difference was between the two nominees. It is a way to view the relative competitiveness of each state. These maps are also available as a timeline for each election from 1972-2020.

Related Content
Historical Elections HomeHistorical Elections TimelinePresidential Image Gallery

No Spin Ag
LMCane said:

Who is stocking up the popcorn for Trump's

BIG GIANT PRESS CONFERENCE ON MONDAY THAT WILL REVEAL ALL THE TRUTH ABOUT STOPPING THE STEAL AND HOW I AM INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES!

I've still got popcorn left over from the Pillow Guy and The Kraken. I figure that'll be enough for this next great earth shattering historical life changing event.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
aggie93
AG
the_batman26 said:

In my experience, attorneys can make really dumb mistakes too. Even Harvard ones. You'd be surprised by who can take down an Ivy-trained lawyer in trials or otherwise.

To be honest, I don't know who I trust. I kinda don't trust anyone. I'd vote for whoever candidate the party nominates and focus more on local change.

If nothing else if we try something different we have a better chance than doing what already failed.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
the_batman26 said:

To be honest, I don't know who I trust. I kinda don't trust anyone. I'd vote for whoever candidate the party nominates and focus more on local change.

100% where I'm at…
Charpie
AG
Always be there for the local and state races
Im Gipper
Destroyed him!

I'm Gipper
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Yup. I think they're getting close to tapped out.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

Hmmmm, I'm sure Trump not going against her when the party chair was up for grabs has nothing to do with this decision by McDaniel.

And I hope Donalds got enough to make it worth selling himself.
Phatbob
AG
You know, I really do hope I am wrong about him, cause if I'm right... I don't think we have ever seen a crash and burn the size of which we are about to see.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I can't find a non-paywall link now but there's a NY Times article today detailing a memo pulled from deep in a corner of what I assume is the Never Back Down website that details a gameplan by the PAC for how Desantis should play the upcoming debate. How he should approach the topic of Trump (go light); how to handle Vivek (hammer him hard), Biden, etc.; how Desantis needs to stay away from deep policy dissections and create moments, soundbites, that'll grab attention and get repeat airplay later.

The article goes into much more detail than that. I know this info isn't earthshattering, but it does pretty much spell out potentially Desantis' entire debate gameplan, even potential lines to for him to pull out against Vivek.

Its just interesting to me that this was supposedly provided to the Times by "someone unassociated with the PAC or Desantis campaign" and that Desantis is the target, considering the article even states this type of "debate advice" memo by a PAC is not uncommon (its just uncommon to find it on the PAC's actual website). Not smart by the PAC to store it there.
TRM
AG
Well they need a place for the actual DeSantis campaign to access it since they technically can't coordinate.

But even as a non-political operative, I could come up with this advice, easy on Trump to not piss off his base, destroy the Vivek the pest, and create good sound bites to use as viral moments (he lets his guard down when talking about his family, so it's for that authetic, viral moment).

I know they had their debate prep question submission a couple weeks ago and I used that to write leading question that was really a suggestion for a zinger.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Only the best advisors.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

Well they need a place for the actual DeSantis campaign to access it since they technically can't coordinate.

But even as a non-political operative, I could come up with this advice, easy on Trump to not piss off his base, destroy the Vivek the pest, and create good sound bites to use as viral moments (he lets his guard down when talking about his family, so it's for that authetic, viral moment).

I know they had their debate prep question submission a couple weeks ago and I used that to write leading question that was really a suggestion for a zinger.

You're right but the article even states how these memos are usually pretty well hidden away on completely different websites than the PAC's main site.

And while there's nothing revolutionary in their suggested gameplan, the specifics are now out there and Vivek and Christie are already commenting about it on social media.

Like I said, its just interesting to me because its more evidence that there's way more heat on Desantis, and seemingly only Desantis, than any other challenger to Trump despite the supposed implosion of his campaign and rumors of his demise.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

P***y
Old May Banker
AG
TRM said:

Only the best advisors.

Who the hell is that idiot?
TRM
AG
Dumb Trump influencer and law clerk. Cornell Law should be proud of the talent it puts out.
BigRobSA
TRM said:

Proven gimp!
Ags77
AG
TRM said:

Dumb Trump influencer and law clerk. Cornell Law should be proud of the talent it puts out.

Where are the McDonald's sacks ?'
TRM
AG
I think they said it was on Axiom Strategies website which is Jeff Roe's company. Jeff is Never Back Down's chief advisor.
C@LAg
TRM said:

LIVs confirmed.
BurnetAggie99
Trump a straight p***y get his butt kicked in a debate with DeSantis
TRM
AG
LMCane
Some Republicans Tire of Indictments

A new poll shared exclusively with Semafor finds that Donald Trump's legal troubles could prove fatal in a general election.

The survey may carry extra weight for Democrats because it was conducted by Joel Benenson, the pollster for Barack Obama's and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaigns.

It finds that 24% of Republicans say the charges make them less likely to vote for Trump against President Joe Biden "more than enough to swing a close general election," according to a memo accompanying the results.

Trump will suffer a massive defeat in a General Election
LMCane
Phatbob said:

You know, I really do hope I am wrong about him, cause if I'm right... I don't think we have ever seen a crash and burn the size of which we are about to see.
why do you hope you are wrong?

I hope you are right.
LMCane
C@LAg said:

TRM said:

LIVs confirmed.
How is it that the Trumpworld celebrates and broadcasts that instead of campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire-

Trump literally spends entire weekends with the Saudis and Laura Loomer GOLFING at his country club??!

but how many of his supporters think Trump is "just like them"!?!?!?
Phatbob
AG
LMCane said:

Phatbob said:

why do you hope you are wrong?

I hope you are right.
Do you think he will go quietly into the night? Are all his supporters going to suddenly realize maybe they went a little too all in and suddenly come to their senses? This will end badly.
LMCane
BigRobSA said:

TRM said:

Proven gimp!
and another lie..

Reagan debated all the time.

in fact, it was his "I'm paying for this microphone" at a debate that won him the nomination!

No Spin Ag
LMCane said:

C@LAg said:

TRM said:

LIVs confirmed.
How is it that the Trumpworld celebrates and broadcasts that instead of campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire-

Trump literally spends entire weekends with the Saudis and Laura Loomer GOLFING at his country club??!

but how many of his supporters think Trump is "just like them"!?!?!?

Seeing as how maga was openly expressing their discontent with all things Muslims when Trump was running in '15 when he was rousing their rabble, to now hearing crickets with Trump openly befriending the same people he guided them to their rage at.

They were at war with Muslims until Trump stopped guiding them to be at war with Muslims. Reminds one of 1984.
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.