OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,045 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TRM said:

No Spin Ag said:

Rapier108 said:

Yep, if he doesn't have the guts to show, his sycophants should not allowed to be there to make it all about him.

Trump needs constant attention like humans need oxygen. Doing it this way will give him maximum attention.

I could see him turning himself in Wednesday, so there's no talk about the debate.

That would be something he would do. Plus, he'd, again, suck all the oxygen from the media to him instead of the debate.

If he doesn't do this I'll be surprised.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
C@LAg
No Spin Ag said:

. Plus, he'd, again, suck
he never stopped.
Counterpoint
AG
LMCane said:

Does this guy look like he is ready to campaign non-stop across the country in 2024?

No. And your picture is Trump WITH all his makeup!

Ag with kids
AG
Rapier108 said:

All in response to the AP poll show Trump is going to lose by double digits to any Democrat.

Trump has been spending a lot of money buying polls, which are usually so obviously rigged to get the paid for result.

MAGA Mentality: Poll only true if it is good for Trump, no matter how bad the internals looks. All other polls are biased against Trump.

Perfect example on Cult45 Central.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4175616/posts

Wait...that's a website from 2023 and not 1998?

JFC freepers...update your software...
CREAg87
AG
Ag with kids said:

Rapier108 said:

All in response to the AP poll show Trump is going to lose by double digits to any Democrat.

Trump has been spending a lot of money buying polls, which are usually so obviously rigged to get the paid for result.

MAGA Mentality: Poll only true if it is good for Trump, no matter how bad the internals looks. All other polls are biased against Trump.

It's honestly pretty hilarious how bad that site is, I last went to it sometime in 2012 and it looked exactly the same.
Keep your rifle by your side
No Spin Ag
Counterpoint said:

LMCane said:

Does this guy look like he is ready to campaign non-stop across the country in 2024?

So with makeup he looks like a geriatric with one foot in the grave and without it even worse. Yet people want that over someone decades younger. Go figure.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rapier108
CREAg87 said:

Ag with kids said:

Rapier108 said:

It's honestly pretty hilarious how bad that site is, I last went to it sometime in 2012 and it looked exactly the same.
It's a text chat board for cat ladies.

But why change, the idiots give the owner $80K every quarter to "run" the site.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
No Spin Ag said:

Counterpoint said:

LMCane said:

So with makeup he looks like a geriatric with one foot in the grave and without it even worse. Yet people want that over someone decades younger. Go figure.
He's a "proven warrior" sent by God himself.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRADUCTOR
That's the spirit!
Charpie
AG
Without the makeup you can tell he gets microdermabrasion
Old May Banker
AG
Charpie said:

Don't all "warriors" get that?
Phatbob
AG
Trump camp working with the left to take down DeSantis:

Politico
Quote:

His tweets have sparked cable news segments and online battles with political operatives. Journalists have alerts turned on to catch the latest photo or obscure right-wing event he has uncovered. Even the campaigns he covers and political figures he loathes have warmed to him and even teamed up with him. Filipkowski said he is in contact with far-right activist Laura Loomer and people affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign. It's not to boost Trump (whom he has been agitating against since the 2020 campaign) but to upend their mutual enemy: DeSantis.

Rapier108
Phatbob said:

Politico
Quote:

His tweets have sparked cable news segments and online battles with political operatives. Journalists have alerts turned on to catch the latest photo or obscure right-wing event he has uncovered. Even the campaigns he covers and political figures he loathes have warmed to him and even teamed up with him. Filipkowski said he is in contact with far-right activist Laura Loomer and people affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign. It's not to boost Trump (whom he has been agitating against since the 2020 campaign) but to upend their mutual enemy: DeSantis.

And MAGA will cheer it on. They would rather see a Democrat win than DeSantis.
Ag with kids
AG
Old May Banker said:

Charpie said:

Don't all "warriors" get that?
Only the BEST warriors...
FL_Ag1998
AG
Lol at the Trump supporters saying its Desantis supporters who will doom the GOP's chances in the General by being "Never-Trumpers".

Here's your Queen, Loomer, telling the whole world that if Desantis becomes the nominee its the Trump-world's mission to make sure he doesn't win the Presidency.

Quote:

Loomer said they speak occasionally. "He knows I'm a Trump loyalist, and I know he doesn't like Trump, and despite our differences, we have found common ground on making sure Ron DeSantis is never elected president of the United States, ever".

Discussion over. Its Trump acolytes who will never vote for Desantis and doom this election for the GOP if he's the nominee.
aggie93
AG
Phatbob said:

Politico
Quote:

Trump and his influencers need to answer for this. Trump spent hours with Loomer this weekend. Absolutely disgusting.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
Trump plunges to 35% favorable rating in dire new poll that says 53% back indictments
Dave Goldiner, New York Daily News

Former President Donald Trump's popularity is plunging as his legal troubles mount.

Just 35% of Americans have a favorable view of Trump compared to 62% who view him unfavorably, according to an Associated Press-NORC poll released Wednesday.

The survey, which was conducted from last Friday to Monday, also found that 53% of all voters say they definitely wouldn't vote for Trump for president in 2024.

Another 11% said they probably wouldn't support his White House comeback bid.

The lackluster numbers for Trump extend to opinions about the efforts to prosecute him for trying to overturn his loss in the 2020 election.

Some 53% of those surveyed approve of the U.S. Department of Justice indicting Trump for his alleged scheme to stay in power illegally, compared to just 30% who disapprove.

The poll was taken after Trump's indictment on the federal Jan. 6 probe but before he was charged late Monday with racketeering in Georgia.

The survey reveals a stark divide between Democrats and independent voters on the one hand and Republicans on the other. Some 86% of Democrats back the indictments compared to just 16% of Republicans.

Even so, Trump has built a dominant lead in the GOP presidential race in recent months even as his legal woes worsen, successfully using the legal drama as a political weapon to rally Republican voters behind him.

Seven in 10 Republicans view the former president favorably, and about 60% say they are happy he's making a return run for the White House.

Those findings dovetail with other polls of Republicans that show Trump with a commanding lead over longtime main rival Ron DeSantis and a string of other challengers.

But he has scant popularity outside his base of GOP voters, a scenario that has some analysts predicting a general election disaster for the party if he is on the ballot next November.
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

has some analysts predicting a general election disaster for the party

Those analysts are correct, IMHO.
LMCane
Phatbob said:

It pisses me off because so many of the ones screaming for revolution if Trump doesn't make it are too old to suffer the consequences. How many of MY kids are they willing to sacrifice on the alter of their revenge... There is a way to fix our country without putting our undying allegiance in a shady NY businessman who is a poor leader, but because of some sunk cost fallacy we have to double, triple, quadruple down on failure.

It's the ultimate irony.

the Trump grifters make even MORE money when Trump inevitably loses as the Kari Lakes of the world cash in on the "stolen elections" "stop the steal", MAGA, vengeance against everyone spiel.

and the ones who will suffer are the youngest generation, who will be afflicted by 8 straight years of Biden leftism.

and really, the Trumpers DO NOT CARE

it's like the Italians in 1943 who knew Mussolini was destroying the country, but still supported him.
LMCane
aggie93 said:

This is one of the strongest attack ads I have seen by DeSantis on Trump, the end is just brutal.

that needs to be shown in 50 states
LMCane
FL_Ag1998 said:

Good lord, those two ads about Trump not debating are brutal and brilliant. That's exactly what Desantis and his PACs need to do. Attack Trump full force for being the p***y that he's being by not attending the debates. Either force Trump into the debates or force him to make up another p***y excuse for skipping them.

And then continue the attack ads on every issue possible besides just the debates. There's so many weaknesses that Trump can be legitimately attacked on. There's a lot of people who believe the indictments are political but are just flat out tired of Trump. Attack him on legit conservative battlefronts (and there are a LOT of issues to do that on) and you push those people into finally abandoning him.

Screw Vivek and the other pansies who are playing nice with Trump and are scared to anger the MAGA crowd. That is exactly how Trump wants it to be played, needs, it to be played in the Primary....like he's some untouchable mafia Don who holds ultimate power..

the DeSantis campaign should be hiring you
100% spot on

there is nothing to do other than campaign 24 hours a day in Iowa and New Hampshire and Nevada and create devastating attack ads.
The Banned
LMCane said:

Phatbob said:

It pisses me off because so many of the ones screaming for revolution if Trump doesn't make it are too old to suffer the consequences. How many of MY kids are they willing to sacrifice on the alter of their revenge... There is a way to fix our country without putting our undying allegiance in a shady NY businessman who is a poor leader, but because of some sunk cost fallacy we have to double, triple, quadruple down on failure.

It's the ultimate irony.

the Trump grifters make even MORE money when Trump inevitably loses as the Kari Lakes of the world cash in on the "stolen elections" "stop the steal", MAGA, vengeance against everyone spiel.

and the ones who will suffer are the youngest generation, who will be afflicted by 8 straight years of Biden leftism.

and really, the Trumpers DO NOT CARE

it's like the Italians in 1943 who knew Mussolini was destroying the country, but still supported him.

I don't think they "don't care". I think they've embraced nihilism. They think the country is doomed no matter what so may as well go out sticking with their guy
the_batman26
AG
The country is kinda doomed. 2020/2022 is proof of that. People vote based on feelings than platform. Hence how both Biden and Fetterman won.

I'm good with either candidate, but some here assume Ron has a sure shot road to the WH when the electorate is juvenile.
aggie93
AG
the_batman26 said:

The country is kinda doomed. 2020/2022 is proof of that. People vote based on feelings than platform. Hence how both Biden and Fetterman won.

I'm good with either candidate, but some here assume Ron has a sure shot road to the WH when the electorate is juvenile.

The people who lost were Trump and those he endorsed. The DeSantis/Kemp/Youngkin/Reynolds types won big and are very popular. Let's go with Trump again though because it can't be because of him.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
the_batman26 said:

"People vote based on feelings than platform."

"so let's nominate the 80 year old twice impeached, four or five times indicted guy!"

OR how about we nominate our strongest general election candidate?
the_batman26
AG
They won big in their regions, sure. But Republicans can differ across the country. They need that widespread appeal akin to 2016 Trump to get people sold and to defeat a media apparatus already rigged against them.
the_batman26
AG
The obsession with Trump is kinda funny, I'll admit lol. Attacking the guy isn't going to win anyone over. Ron is a solid choice but can he galvanize the whole country? That's TBD.
Phatbob
AG
the_batman26 said:

The obsession with Trump is kinda funny, I'll admit lol. Attacking the guy isn't going to win anyone over. Ron is a solid choice but can he galvanize the whole country? That's TBD.
Maybe not, but also apparently Trump can't either. He's a known quantity and has technically galvanized the whole country, just not in his favor. If we somehow get President Kamala Harris out of this, we are just screwed.
the_batman26
AG
I just don't think any candidate will be spared from treatment similar to Trump's. They don't need anything to be credible anymore.
Phatbob
AG
the_batman26 said:

I just don't think any candidate will be spared from treatment similar to Trump's. They don't need anything to be credible anymore.
I do think how you handle it is more important than if it happens. We have seen how Trump handles it, and it's not good. That is why we have to be sure the person we pick actually can. That is a pretty short list if we are going to turn this around.
the_batman26
AG
But that's the issue, how they handle it will be interpreted as a lie or a misdirection. That's how split the country is.
The Banned
the_batman26 said:

Who do you trust to put a more qualified team in place to fight those attacks? The media has been trying to pin something on desantis since Covid. They've failed every time because desantis is defending common sense. He's a legal scholar with other legal scholars looking over everything he's planning on doing. No different than the Disney issue. He can go campaign worry free because he knows that thing is such a legal check mate that all the other side can do is whine and complain.
Phatbob
AG
the_batman26 said:

But that's the issue, how they handle it will be interpreted as a lie or a misdirection. That's how split the country is.
That is exactly why I think Trump is uniquely unqualified for the fight. He says so much outlandish stuff that even his supporters say "that's not what he means". It's not that far of a stretch to go from that to "lies and misdirection". Unfortunately they found a way to turn that into his Achilles heal. A more serious candidate who says what he means literally instead of "in spirit" will not have the same issues, or at least can fight it more effectively
the_batman26
AG
In my experience, attorneys can make really dumb mistakes too. Even Harvard ones. You'd be surprised by who can take down an Ivy-trained lawyer in trials or otherwise.

To be honest, I don't know who I trust. I kinda don't trust anyone. I'd vote for whoever candidate the party nominates and focus more on local change.
The Banned
the_batman26 said:

The results were hard for me to fathom at first too. Who in their right mind would vote for a dem right now? But after speaking to friends and family that chose to sit out last election, or even vote for Biden, it's very clear that trump is toxic to them. Just the way it is. And not in a way that Bush was toxic or how the media makes any republican look. Bush was literally hitler and won re-election easily anyway. Trump is a different level of toxic.

Every person who thinks they run this country is a narcissist. Trump just wears it loudly on his sleeve and it's one hell of a turn off for anyone not firmly grounded in logic.
First Page Last Page
Page 124 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.