OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,471 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Trump admits he won't be able mount a real campaign.
No Spin Ag
TRM said:

But he's worth billions, why will anything need to change with his campaign?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Gee, are you surprised that one of the goals is to bleed him dry? Lawfare 101.
LarryElder
If he wins the primary the GOP will fund his campaign and the donations will pour in
FL_Ag1998
AG
FireAg said:

Could absolutely be true…call it a case of multiple groups looking for an advantage to defeat him…

I just don't believe there's some all-powerful scheme by the DNC to get him the R nomination by throwing indictments at him, just to help him "get the R nomination so they can steal it from him in the general"…

I don't think they want him in the general…

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here.

We talk about how smart the Dems are at ballot harvesting, GOTV, flat out cheating with 3 a.m. ballot votes, etc. I could go on and on. Yet with all of those examples we're supposed to assume they don't have any ulterior motives or multiple motives at play with these indictments and they're playing it straight up?

Everyone on this board but the most diehard Trumpers admit that while Trump is the betting favorite to win the Primary he will have a very, very hard time winning the General Election. But you're arguing the Dems can't come to that same conclusion? That they can't put 2 +2 together and realize their best chance is to root for Trump to win the Primary then start reminding the General population of Trump's negatives (and boy does he have a lot of those)?

That's exactly what the Dems did in the 2022 mid-term elections - they bought Ads supporting Trump-candidates and they voted in open Republican Primaries for Trump-candidates, knowing full well the Trump-backed candidates would almost likely get beat in the following Gen Elections. And that's what happened.

THAT was a big part of why the supposed Red Wave was more like a ripple. You argued in a previous post the Dems are scared because the Reps took back the house in 2022.....I'm sorry, but if you believe that you weren't paying close attention. The Reps were poised to take back the House by a much larger percentage and were projected to take back the Senate as well. Hence the hysteria in the MSM of the Red Wave prior to the election. When it didn't happen the Dems and MSM were almost laughing.

They are NOT worried about Trump. Trump being the Rep nominee is not quite a slam dunk, but its a damn easy layup by a 7'7" player.
LarryElder
FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

Could absolutely be true…call it a case of multiple groups looking for an advantage to defeat him…

I just don't believe there's some all-powerful scheme by the DNC to get him the R nomination by throwing indictments at him, just to help him "get the R nomination so they can steal it from him in the general"…

We talk about how smart the Dems are at ballot harvesting, GOTV, flat out cheating with 3 a.m. ballot votes, etc. I could go on and on. Yet with all of those examples we're supposed to assume they don't have any ulterior motives or multiple motives at play with these indictments and they're playing it straight up?

Everyone on this board but the most diehard Trumpers admit that while Trump is the betting favorite to win the Primary he will have a very, very hard time winning the General Election. But you're arguing the Dems can't come to that same conclusion? That they can't put 2 +2 together and realize their best chance is to root for Trump to win the Primary then start reminding the General population of Trump's negatives (and boy does he have a lot of those)?

That's exactly what the Dems did in the 2022 mid-term elections - they bought Ads supporting Trump-candidates and they voted in open Republican Primaries for Trump-candidates, knowing full well the Trump-backed candidates would almost likely get beat in the following Gen Elections. And that's what happened.

THAT was a big part of why the supposed Red Wave was more like a ripple. You argued in a previous post the Dems are scared because the Reps took back the house in 2022.....I'm sorry, but if you believe that you weren't paying close attention. The Reps were poised to take back the House by a much larger percentage and were projected to take back the Senate as well. Hence the hysteria in the MSM of the Red Wave prior to the election. When it didn't happen the Dems and MSM were almost laughing.

They are NOT worried about Trump. Trump being the Rep nominee is not quite a slam dunk, but its a damn easy layup by a 7'7" player.

Again there is no proof that desntins is a lock to beat Biden you don't think the media and dems will use the same tactics on Ron if he wins the primary ?
Ag with kids
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

Go Spurs Go!
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Or there was more voter fraud in the usual states?
Phatbob
AG
LarryElder said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

Again there is no proof that desntins is a lock to beat Biden you don't think the media and dems will use the same tactics on Ron if he wins the primary ?

I hate to feed the troll, but we've discussed ad nauseum how just because Trump is extremely ineffective at fighting it off doesn't mean that someone who prepares very well with a great ground game can't fight it off. Trump sucking at it doesn't mean everyone sucks at it.
agz win
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Appears more like one of donald's continued goals to to bleed his cult dry. Grifting 101.

To deny he's brought much of this upon himself is heavy drinking of his koolaid.
Charpie
AG
agz win said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Appears more like one of donald's continued goals to to bleed his cult dry. Grifting 101.

To deny he's brought much of this upon himself is heavy drinking of his koolaid.
LarryElder
Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

I hate to feed the troll, but we've discussed ad nauseum how just because Trump is extremely ineffective at fighting it off doesn't mean that someone who prepares very well with a great ground game can't fight it off. Trump sucking at it doesn't mean everyone sucks at it.

Ah yes Im a troll such and old and tired line , I will wait for for proof that Rhon will cruise to victory against Biden
LarryElder
agz win said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Why is it grifting to you if an adult willingly donates their money ?
FL_Ag1998
AG
LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

Ah yes Im a troll such and old and tired line , I will wait for for proof that Rhon will cruise to victory against Biden

Thanks for the unwitting confirmation in your response.
Rapier108
The RNC is not going to have the money to pay for Trump's campaign.

They will have to spend it all just to try to prevent a 1932 level wipe out in the Congressional races since Trump would be dragging down the entire ticket.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRM
AG

TRM
AG
Sounds like a proud dad.
TRM
AG
And I approve DeSantis's position on the bottom 3 items. Don't know enough about the 1st.
Old May Banker
AG
They missed a marketing opportunity there with a pic of a cows udder
TRM
AG
Kari handles the cow udders.
Rapier108
TRM said:

And I approve DeSantis's position on the bottom 3 items. Don't know enough about the 1st.

And like most things with MAGA, the 1st one is probably a half truth at best. Yes, he vetoed the bill, but there was most likely a very good reason why, but MAGA wants people to think it is because DeSantis hates farmers.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
J. Walter Weatherman
LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

Who is Rhon?
agz win
AG
LarryElder said:

agz win said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Why is it grifting to you if an adult willingly donates their money ?

Because there is valid debate on those supporters impressionable by donald actually meeting the definition of willingly rather than the definitions of manipulated and coerced.

Many adults in the Jonestown cult "willingly" drank the poison.

With that, we desperately need election financial reform and limits on spending.
Old May Banker
AG
They're spending an awful lot of money - that they really don't have an excess of - to slam a guy they claim doesn't stand a chance.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TRM said:

Found this on the first. Quoted is DeSantis's camp response to the claim:

Quote:

Jeremy Redfern, a spokesperson for DeSantis, said that the governor supported funding for the land buying program last year and that at least $240 million is still available. He also noted that hundreds of millions were also placed in this year's budget for other types of conservation purchases.

"Given those facts, the governor made the prudent decision to continue to support the program through the remaining resources that will roll into next year's budget," Redfern said in an email.

Redfern also pushed back against Gruters, pointing back that the budget has an additional $155 million in projects for Sarasota County, including $25 million for New College of Florida, the small liberal arts college that DeSantis pushed to overhaul earlier this year.

"Senator Gruters turning conservative governance and fiscal responsibility into a political statement is absurd," he said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/15/desantis-torched-fellow-republicans-over-vetoes-00102317
Showertime at the Bidens
TRM said:

Can someone please tell me how ethanol and govt subsidies to big Ag is not swampy?
aggie93
AG
LarryElder said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

No one is saying DeSantis is a lock to win an election in 15 months. The argument is he has a much better chance of winning and is better prepared to deal with those attacks and actually go on offense.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
agz win
AG
Watched a video of a green hat wearing female likely paid supporter of donald go over the line with aggressive harassment of Pence out n a street at the Fair. If they are doing similar to other nominees and DeSantis they will push further away the independents and undecideds.
TRM
AG

TRM
AG
Not even trying

FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

Not even trying

The. Man. Is. Old.

He simply can't walk around in the heat for hours at his age and in his state of health. He and Biden are going to compete for who can physically campaign less.
TRM
AG
No job too small
aggiehawg
AG
WTH is egg on a stick? Just a boiled egg? Iowa State Fair sure is eggciting!
FL_Ag1998
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Or there was more voter fraud in the usual states?

Or all of the above. You said yourself the Dems are playing multiple scenarios. They're not putting all their eggs in one basket.

Sure wish the Reps could figure this out.
GAC06
AG
I figured surely they dip it and fry it or something but it appears to literally just be a hard boiled egg on a stick. Exciting.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.