OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,652 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FireAg said:

Iowa absolutely is a caucus state, and I absolutely agree that ground game will be an important factor...

But he currently trails by 27 points in Iowa:

But he has 5 months to get to even...that's 5.4 points per month...

Is it impossible? Nope... Is it improbable? Yes...

DeSantis either needs to make a major move soon, or Trump needs to disappear and then DeSantis can fill the vacuum...

And if you follow the trend data in Iowa, it is showing the same trend as what is being seen nationally...

There is ONE who is ever so slightly closing the gap against Trump...but it isn't DeSantis...it's Ramaswamy...

ETA: Tim Scott is definitely closing the Trump gap in Iowa as well, but the national trends do not match Scott's performance in Iowa...

All 3 of those are crap polls for state polling. Fox missed Iowa by 15 points in 2016. That was a few days before the Caucus. Carried had a poll with Trump at 85 percent yesterday too.

You also lose me at the "he must do something now!" When every analysis of primary voting has shown that to be wrong. As I said Obama made up 30 points in December and January alone. As much as you want it otherwise people simply aren't focused on who they will vote for next year on a large scale.

Keep it up though. We can have this conversation every day for the next 4 months and it still won't matter.

In the meantime DeSantis is barnstorming Iowa again and is getting even more love from the most powerful Republican in the state who won huge a few months ago while Trump went to Alabama for some reason. He's about a quarter away from the Full Grassley that was the main reason Cruz won with a fraction of DeSantis' money
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FL_Ag1998
AG
FireAg said:

astros4545 said:

Desantis should drop out, that way trump and the 3rd~10th place contenders can have a fair fight

/cult45

Name calling works in the absence of facts…

Got it…

And I do not think DeSantis should drop out…but I do think he needs to make major changes to his approach…

And I think this is supported anecdotally by the fact that he laid off over 1/3 of his campaign staff along with the fact that a major donor of his called him out saying massive changes are needed

Be honest in your arguments.

That donor didn't want massive changes. Based on what's reported he wanted Desantis to back off on the abortion issue in order to be viewed as moderate. He also wants other big donors to donote to Desantis so he can reassure himself that he's backing the winning horse. That's one guy with self confidence issues wanting a change on one issue.
FireAg
AG
Do you honestly believe that Ron DeSantis has the charisma of Barack Obama?

I'm not sure even the most ardent DeSantis supporters would make that argument...
FireAg
AG
Okay...and the massive layoff/reorg?

You can't just look at one thing in a vacuum...
Dan Scott
AG
The was a good townhall by DeSantis. It shows he understand issues and can clearly articulate what's he's done trying to solve it, what needs to be done, or how it got screwed up.

DeSantis really just needs to get out more. Do more CNN, Sunday shows, podcast with Megyn Kelly etc.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

I'm not sure even the most ardent DeSantis supporters would make that argument...

Charisma? No. He has a real record and is a better debater though and has more money.

The point is that race has more similarities than 2016 because you had a front runner who was very popular against a newcomer. Hillary had more ground game and money than Trump but Obama's main asset was ground game, he was a community organizer and built everything around that style of campaign with trainees door knocking that he paid for and did small events. He saw very little traction until December and few people seriously thought he could win until then. The real turning point was making it 1v1 and debating Hillary.

Sound familiar?
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
No Spin Ag
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

Charisma? No. He has a real record and is a better debater though and has more money.

The point is that race has more similarities than 2016 because you had a front runner who was very popular against a newcomer. Hillary had more ground game and money than Trump but Obama's main asset was ground game, he was a community organizer and built everything around that style of campaign with trainees door knocking that he paid for and did small events. He saw very little traction until December and few people seriously thought he could win until then. The real turning point was making it 1v1 and debating Hillary.

Sound familiar?
Very.

This is why Trump and his maga want DeSantis to drop out now before things get to the point where they actually matter. Because Trump leading now means nothing over a year out.

Hell, even Biden was trailing against Bernie, but then things started changing when the people that matter (i.e., the ones that don't start paying attention to elections until the year of) and things changed very quickly.

This race is long from over, and it's still anyone's game to win.

DeSantis '24.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
aggie93
AG
Trump sure loves Lindsey

Ronald Reagan
Bryanisbest
AG
aggie93 said:

Trump sure loves Lindsey

Yea, right. That is why the swamp is so afraid of him. Because he is no threat whatsoever to them!
aggie93
AG
Bryanisbest said:

aggie93 said:

Trump sure loves Lindsey

Yea, right. That is why the swamp is so afraid of him. Because he is no threat whatsoever to them!

Lindsey is the most likely choice for AG in Trump's Administration. You realize that right?

Ronald Reagan
willtackleforfood
AG

But, his ground game!
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Trump sure loves Lindsey
So did McCain..

Ugh.
Old May Banker
AG
Bryanisbest said:

aggie93 said:

Trump sure loves Lindsey

He certainly cleaned house the first go round.
TRM
AG
That's Tama,IA with a population of 3k.
IMnAg79
AG
Speaking of independents

https://rumble.com/v350m4a-independent-female-voter-who-thought-trump-was-a-******bag-now-wonders-if-h.html
C@LAg
willtackleforfood said:

But, his ground game!

and yet Joe Biden destroyed Trump with an even smaller turnout.
FL_Ag1998
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/news/virginia-poll-shows-desantis-better-171722712.html

Since, you know, polls are all that matter at this point.

Quote:

A Virginia Commonwealth University poll found that in a hypothetical 2024 matchup between the Republican nominee and Biden, who will be 82 at the time of the next election, respondents favored DeSantis over Trump.

FireAg
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Quote:

A Virginia Commonwealth University poll found that in a hypothetical 2024 matchup between the Republican nominee and Biden, who will be 82 at the time of the next election, respondents favored DeSantis over Trump.

One poll…and with a 5.4% margin of error, and all candidates fell within that margin…

Looking at a single poll, to quote many of you, "is worthless at this point"…

That's why you should be looking at the averages…

Frankly, that neither DeSantis or Trump can post a lead outside the MOE over a brain dead, dementia-suffering Biden is scary as hell…

My dog should poll 30-points better than Biden…

Biden is THAT bad…
BigRobSA
willtackleforfood said:

But, his ground game!

LOL

Tell me you have zero ****ing idea what you're talking about without saying it, outright

Tama, Iowa is TINY.

Good Lord, the desperation is thick
AggieVictor10
AG
BigRobSA said:

willtackleforfood said:

But, his ground game!

LOL

Tell me you have zero ****ing idea what you're talking about without saying it, outright

Tama, Iowa is TINY.

Can't fault them for employing the same level of sarcasm and smugness that the desantis acolytes bring to the table.
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
BigRobSA
AggieVictor10 said:

BigRobSA said:

willtackleforfood said:

But, his ground game!

LOL

Tama, Iowa is TINY.

Can't fault them for employing the same level of sarcasm and smugness that the desantis acolytes bring to the table.

That's not sarcasm, that's sheer dumb****ery.
AggieVictor10
AG
BigRobSA said:

AggieVictor10 said:

BigRobSA said:

willtackleforfood said:

But, his ground game!

LOL

Tama, Iowa is TINY.

That's not sarcasm, that's sheer dumb****ery.

Agree to disagree.
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
FL_Ag1998
AG
FireAg said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Quote:

One poll…and with a 5.4% margin of error, and all candidates fell within that margin…

Frankly, that neither DeSantis or Trump can post a lead outside the MOE over a brain dead, dementia-suffering Biden is scary as hell…

Biden is THAT bad…

dang, these rules for which polls to believe and which ones not to believe are getting confusing!
Rapier108
FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Quote:

Biden is THAT bad…

dang, these rules for which polls to believe and which ones not to believe are getting confusing!
The Trumper's guide to polling is real easy.

Good for Trump, 100% accurate and must be accepted.

Not good for Trump and/or good for DeSantis, 100% inaccurate and must be dismissed.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Why have an anti-riot law when you can tweet "LAW AND ORDER!!!!"?
GAC06
AG
TRM said:

A man that knows how to implement policy. Sad that some are still fixated on an orange con man that says mean things about people we don't like.
Bryanisbest
AG
aggie93 said:

Bryanisbest said:

aggie93 said:

Trump sure loves Lindsey

Lindsey is the most likely choice for AG in Trump's Administration. You realize that right?

Sorry. I wasn't clear. I was referencing Trump in my post, not Lindsay. And to answer your question, no I do not realize Lindsay is his most likely VP selection.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Bryanisbest said:

aggie93 said:

Bryanisbest said:

aggie93 said:

Trump sure loves Lindsey

Sorry. I wasn't clear. I was referencing Trump in my post, not Lindsay. And to answer your question, no I do not realize Lindsay is his most likely VP selection.

Jeez, at least keep up if you're going to troll.

aggie93 said Lindsey is his likely AG (Attorney General) pick, not VP choice. His point is that Lindsey Graham is the poster boy for the D.C. swamp. That very thing you claim Trump is going to drain, this time for real!

You Trump guys (and I realize you in particular are just here to get your laughs by trolling) love to shout "Desantis represents the D.C. establishment swamp!" and "Yeah, well, show me video where Desantis has laid out every single detailed step of his plan to drain the swamp or else I don't believe you and he's just lying to get your vote!".

Yet Trump not only 1) didn't drain the swamp during his first term, 2) has given no detailed steps himself of how he's going to do it this time around, and most crucially, but 3) here's video of Trump praising swamp creature Graham. So what's your response to that? What your excuse for believing Trump is some lone ranger that's going ride rough shod over the swamp when there's multiple evidence to the contrary?

Oh, don't worry, I know you in particular don't have any answers to that question. Like I said, we all know you just come here to get your jollies by trolling. But any other Trump supporters care to answer the question?

Oh, and another thing....WTF is up with Trump's weird ****ing annuciation? Don't even try making fun of another candidate's voice or mannerisms when Trump can't say one normal sentence, lol.

Trump....Proven Swamper! Proven Compromiser! Proven Grifter!
FireAg
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

FireAg said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Quote:

Biden is THAT bad…

Yes because that's what I said…good grief…

I have been very consistent about discssuing conglomerate averages and not buying into any single poll…

But feel free ignore that and make up a completely false narrative…
Phatbob
AG
GAC06 said:

TRM said:

A man that knows how to implement policy. Sad that some are still fixated on an orange con man that says mean things about people we don't like.

The frightening part is the emotional Trump base considers it "swampy" and "establishment " to actually know how to accomplish the goal. Not knowing how to do the thing and just loudly blurting out stupid statements is apparently a positive and what we need to do.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Quote:

Biden is THAT bad…
The difference is Biden and Trump have 100% Name ID and people have strong feelings about both. Thus as someone who is an expert like yourself in polling should well know that means whomever is the least liked among the 2 will likely get the undecideds. Trump has higher negatives than Biden consistently, that's why he lost in 2020 when he lost Independents 2 to 1 and has done nothing to change that math nor does he seem to plan to.

DeSantis vs Biden is very different math because you have an Incumbent vs a challenger and a challenger who even his opponents admit is boring if anything. In that case the Independent/Undecideds will almost certainly break heavily towards the challenger as that consistently happens in these races.

All of this is academic anyway as Biden seems less and less likely to be the Dem candidate. If it is anyone not named Biden then Trump is super screwed as a 100% Name ID candidate with sky high negatives. It's also grain of salt because this is polling people on how they will vote more than a year from now, I mean Trump or Biden could literally die of natural causes or become disabled and statistically the odds of that happening to one of them is actually reasonably high for 77 and 80 year old men, neither of which is particularly health conscious.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Bryanisbest said:

aggie93 said:

Bryanisbest said:

aggie93 said:

Trump sure loves Lindsey

No Lindsey will likely be AG or maybe Secretary of State. That early endorsement and help from the GOP Establishment comes at a price for guys like him and the fact Trump continues to campaign with him and appear with him EVERY time he goes to SC is not a coincidence.

Trump's likely VP is Tim Scott or maybe Haley, both of which are Swamp creatures who are loved by the GOP Establishment.

I mean if you want to be blind that's fine but I'm just going off what Trump is clearly positioning towards.

Ronald Reagan
Old May Banker
AG
It's only swampy if Trump says so.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Trump has higher negatives than Biden consistently, that's why he lost in 2020 when he lost Independents 2 to 1 and has done nothing to change that math nor does he seem to plan to.
Out of curiosity, how could he do that, in your view?

And if he did, wouldn't that be pandering?
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.