OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,181 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Old May Banker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**** like that is why that bumbling geriatric buffoon will never be in office again.
J. Walter Weatherman
CREAg87 said:

Lol this statement is pathetic:

Man, changing "Never" to "Always". A level of intellectual brilliance that's never been seen in politics. The sad part is there are still lemmings out there that will eat it up.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
I guess someone needed to tweet out "LAW AND ORDER!" more.
Rapier108
Another poll trying to prop up Trump. Must have borrowed from Harvard Harris.

Even Trump's own pollsters can't even get him to be tired with Biden. At best they have him down 2-3 points.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Counterpoint
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

CREAg87 said:

Man, changing "Never" to "Always". A level of intellectual brilliance that's never been seen in politics. The sad part is there are still lemmings out there that will eat it up.

Don't forget about making the S into a $! That just adds to the absolute perfection of this statement.
The Banned
CREAg87 said:

This is leadership!!!
TRM
AG
I don't kow about propping him up. It was close in WI before, so they could be tied. But the GOP needs any edge they can get. DeSantis is my far the biggest 2nd choice in WI according to the poll.
TRM
AG
Nice interview thread with CBS today. At least the 3rd one today.
J. Walter Weatherman
Counterpoint said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

CREAg87 said:

Don't forget about making the S into a $! That just adds to the absolute perfection of this statement.

It was always going to be tough to top his amazingly creative "Club For No Growth," though. I can't imagine how anyone can read those statements and not think he's a massive joke.
TRM
AG
Speaking of $$$
TRM
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
I for one appreciate the social issues Desantis has chosen to tackle, especially since he's done it in my home state. It's about time someone puts their foot down on extreme issues like trans care for kids, gender indoctrination in elementary schools, etc.

However, I do realize that being a resident of Florida and a part-time political junkie, I'm more knowledgable about the actual details than the average person. And I also realize the average person does rely on the MSM for their opinion. So while I disagree with some posters who say Desantis needs to drop the social issues completely, I do believe he needs to be tactical with how he conveys them in his campaign.

For example, let his wife be the torch bearer of that portion of the campaign. And I think aggie93 has highlighted how she's doing just that and taking a bigger role with the Mamas for Desantis stuff. That's perfect, because if Desantis stops talking about social issues completely the MSM-Trump team will spin it as a tacit admission that he was wrong to ever fight those issues. That'll be spun as weakness and guilt, etc.

That said, IMO, the subtle shift by Desantis into economic issues is a freaking home run. He's dead on with what he's saying so far, he's clearly 10x more knowledgable in this area than the other candidates (including Trump), and he has the common man background to come across as very authentic when he does talk about the average family's economic situation.

Despite what the desperate MSM-Trump team wants to portray, Desantis continues to show me what calm, controlled, mature leadership looks like.
aggie93
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

I for one appreciate the social issues Desantis has chosen to tackle, especially since he's done it in my home state. It's about time someone puts their foot down on extreme issues like trans care for kids, gender indoctrination in elementary schools, etc.

However, I do realize that being a resident of Florida and a part-time political junkie, I'm more knowledgable about the actual details than the average person. And I also realize the average person does rely on the MSM for their opinion. So while I disagree with some posters who say Desantis needs to drop the social issues completely, I do believe he needs to be tactical with how he conveys them in his campaign.

For example, let his wife be the torch bearer of that portion of the campaign. And I think aggie93 has highlighted how she's doing just that and taking a bigger role with the Mamas for Desantis stuff. That's perfect, because if Desantis stops talking about social issues completely the MSM-Trump team will spin it as a tacit admission that he was wrong to ever fight those issues. That'll be spun as weakness and guilt, etc.

That said, IMO, the subtle shift by Desantis into economic issues is a freaking home run. He's dead on with what he's saying so far, he's clearly 10x more knowledgable in this area than the other candidates (including Trump), and he has the common man background to come across as very authentic when he does talk about the average family's economic situation.

Despite what the desperate MSM-Trump team wants to portray, Desantis continues to show me what calm, controlled, mature leadership looks like.
Excellent points. I would also add that he really has thought these matters through and has plans on top of plans. He truly grasps the policy and the politics and looks at practical ways to make government more efficient and effective. He's not a hard core Libertarian either. He's talking about using government to help create opportunities but in a conservative way by incentivizing good behaviors and getting people to attain valuable skills. It's just much more advanced than the blunt instrument approach of most government programs where you just throw a bunch of money at a problem. He's talking about using the money already spent in much smarter ways and working to get people in situations where they aren't dependent on government.

A lot of this is really blue collar verbiage and if he can get the message through it's going to really make an impact. Trump is going to do all he can to distort that messaging because it will hit right at the heart of his base.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
aggie93 said:

This is very disappointing. Donalds giving Kamala Harris cover to try to hurt DeSantis and running contrary to the Black Historians that wrote the standards. Selling out for race baiting.

Tim Scott jumps in on Kamala's side.
Rapier108
TRM said:

aggie93 said:

This is very disappointing. Donalds giving Kamala Harris cover to try to hurt DeSantis and running contrary to the Black Historians that wrote the standards. Selling out for race baiting.

Tim Scott jumps in on Kamala's side.
No surprise about Scott either. He often takes the left's side on black issues.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1684343058505035776.html
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

That was a fantastic answer and you know that accountability for the covid scam is something that certain other candidates will never pursue because it will tarnished the image of the "wonderful" vaccine that they created.
LMCane
Charpie said:

trump was elected on the mere fact that he wasn't a politician. He was a Washinton outside and people thought he was going to come in a drain the swamp. People thought he would come in and make the government run like a business.

Well..none of that happened. He got SCOTUS done and that was about it. However, people fell in love with the celebrity that is trump. He's not a Republican. He's just trump. That's why he is as popular with folks as he is. It's not about his policies because he has none. They love the celebrity of him. They love him "owning the libs." They feel his "pain." All that being said, it's ultimately going to cost the rest of the country if the polls trend the way that they are.

The GOP needs to figure out who they want to be. Do they want to be the party who gets stuff done? Or do they want to be the party who owns the libs? Or do they want to be the party who actually serves the American people?

let's not also disregard the fact that Trump lost by THREE MILLION votes to Hillary Clinton- the most reviled person in US political history since James Buchanan.

he squeaked by like 120,000 votes across 4 states to gain the electoral win.

and ever since 2016 he has lost support

and cost the Republican party seats and a majority in the Governorships, House and Senate. There are fewer Republicans in office now than before Trump was elected!
LMCane
aggie93 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Shamelessly repeating MSM lies all while pretending to be the enemy of the Msm
Donalds just started down the Kari Lake path. It starts with Trump and his supporters cheering for you but it ends with your credibility in tatters and with you abandoned or put into a box where people don't take you seriously anymore. I hope this is an aberration, I like the guy. This is just selling out so much of what has made him successful.
it's not an aberration- Donalds went the full Trump months ago and has been hammering DeSantis whenever he can

clearly, like the other grifters Lake and MT Greene and Boebert, Donalds thinks he can be a VP pick for Trump.
LMCane
Rapier108 said:

Another poll trying to prop up Trump. Must have borrowed from Harvard Harris.

Even Trump's own pollsters can't even get him to be tired with Biden. At best they have him down 2-3 points.
that poll is actually very good for DeSantis

shows him beating Biden while Trump can only tie

shows him only down 54-46 in a head to head

shows "the leftist media favorite darlings Ramascammy and Tim Scott" buried in single digits no matter how much they are propped up by millions of dollars and all the Trumpers...

also notice Trump is at 46!!

my post from yesterday demonstrated Trump and his cronies are ALWAYS AT 46 in every single general election.
LMCane
TRM said:

I don't kow about propping him up. It was close in WI before, so they could be tied. But the GOP needs any edge they can get. DeSantis is my far the biggest 2nd choice in WI according to the poll.
I have seen polls showing DeSantis winning in Wisconsin in the last few weeks

remember Cruz beat Trump in Wisconsin, and Trump and his candidates have gotten destroyed there in the last few elections

one poll had Desantis leading in Wisconsin, Utah, Colorado, Florida and New Mexico
LMCane
TRM
AG
Lincoln Dinner in IA tonight. Trump and DeSantis will be in the same room together.
agz win
AG
Is it televised? DeSantis will have to defend his slavery comments but most interesting will be if donald can handle the pressures on having a civil discussion on something other than his investigations.
aggie93
AG
Rewatching that one great answer was the complete setup question on climate at 4:48.

Reporter goes on a diatribe about hottest Summer ever and 100 degree water temps in FL. DeSantis responds perfectly. He talks about hurricane prep to start and then shifts immediately to how China is opening up a coal plant every week. Then he talks about how FL has reduced emissions through innovation and not regulation and how forcing people to drive EV's is not the answer.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
agz win said:

Is it televised? DeSantis will have to defend his slavery comments but most interesting will be if donald can handle the pressures on having a civil discussion on something other than his investigations.
It's not a debate but 10 minute speeches, but it will be interesting to see the responses from the crowd.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?529533-1/republican-presidential-candidates-campaign-iowa-gop-lincoln-dinner
BigRobSA
LMCane said:

It should be illegal to be that right, about everything, while not named BigRob!!!
aggie93
AG
Responding to Tim Scott jumping on the Kamala/Donalds wagon:

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
Here's the thing…A LOT of "DC Republicans" help perpetuate the leftist lies for personal gain…

And THAT is the swamp…leftists and their R-for-hire, right-leaning establishment types…
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

Here's the thing…A LOT of "DC Republicans" help perpetuate the leftist lies for personal gain…

And THAT is the swamp…leftists and their R-for-hire, right-leaning establishment types…
Yep, and I love seeing DeSantis unafraid to call them out on it. Force them to defend what they said and watch them play victim.

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

That is what frustrates me about Trump and his campaign. They are more than willing to go along with those tactics, even amplify them, when it is against one of their conservative opponents. That isn't what I would call "draining the swamp" in any way, that is participating in it. At least DeSantis will fight direct attacks against him without completely throwing another conservative under the bus.
TRM
AG
Phatbob said:

FireAg said:

That is what frustrates me about the Trump campaign. They are more than willing to go along with those tactics, even amplify them, when it is against one of their conservative opponents. That isn't what I would call "draining the swamp" in any way, that is participating in it. At least DeSantis will fight direct attacks against him without completely throwing another conservative under the bus.
Trump doesn't want to drain the swamp...he just wants the swamp to work for/with him rather than against him.
aggie93
AG
This is why the Dems fear him, they know he isn't just blustering.

Ronald Reagan
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.