OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,335 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Old May Banker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And while that's laughable to normal conservatives, there's a contingent that believes that time-line.... hence the need for DeSantis to run at the height of his political career. The trump nuts have found a much easier way to make generational wealth than real estate.... politics.
The Banned
Old May Banker said:

And while that's laughable to normal conservatives, there's a contingent that believes that time-line.... hence the need for DeSantis to run at the height of his political career. The trump nuts have found a much easier way to make generational wealth than real estate.... politics.

I believe this as well. The "desantis should wait til 28" crowd would be clamoring for a trump kid in 28 instead because trump would tell them to do it.

Again, this is not ALL trump supporters but for the true believers
FL_Ag1998
AG
The Banned said:

Old May Banker said:

I believe this as well. The "desantis should wait til 28" crowd would be clamoring for a trump kid in 28 instead because trump would tell them to do it.

Meanwhile those same people ready to pledge fealty to the Trump family forever will holler with absolute zero irony about the need to drain the swamp and get rid of the D.C. dynasties of Clinton, Bush, Obama/Biden.
aggie93
AG
You know, DeSantis may have done some incredible and comprehensive interview with tough questions and handled them great but can he do this? I mean I'm just amazed. He walked!

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
Probably the true state of the race

Trump 48

DeSantis 23

Ramascammy 3

Yahoo Poll

notice how the most famous man in the world, a former President can't get over 50% IN HIS OWN PARTY.

never has a President lost a state primary and then gone on to win a general election.
BigRobSA
LOL

Wow....mental cases.
LMCane
The Banned said:

Old May Banker said:

or they would chant "we need MAGA Ramascammy in 2028!!" or "Tim Scott 2028!!"

why doesn't Trump wait until 2028 to run?!?
we all know the answer.
LMCane
FL_Ag1998 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Trump pumping Democrat polls and pushing Democrat talking points again. Along with the weird name obsession. I mean how can you not vote for such an inspirational leader? Love how he is super awkward trying to read the script that sounds like it was written by a 10 year old too.

The idiocracy comparisons are just so apt

His scripts are getting dumber with each post.

What I don't get is how the Trump fans with half a brain aren't insulted at this point by Trump himself. Calling his opponents by stupid nicknames and making playground taunts....lying right to his supporter's faces and daring them not to believe him....putting out amateur ads like this one as supposed selling points for why he deserves their votes.

He's treating his own supporters like idiots who aren't smart enough to find out the truth or think for themselves. He's playing to their base crudeness as if they're all 10 yrs old and ruled by their emotions. He's playing them for fools and neanderthals who can't think for themselves and just want to be entertained by a staged show.

He's playing them and using them and laughing at them the whole time, meanwhile the hard core suckers just eat it all up.

you seem to be confused with a feature and not a bug.

he has literally stated over the last 8 years he speaks as if he is speaking to a fifth grade audience- he knows who his true Trump Cultists are.

every poll shows they are the least educated segment of American society.
J. Walter Weatherman
The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Trump pumping Democrat polls and pushing Democrat talking points again. Along with the weird name obsession. I mean how can you not vote for such an inspirational leader? Love how he is super awkward trying to read the script that sounds like it was written by a 10 year old too.

Lol it also reminds me so much of the Michael Scott apology video from the office. You can almost see Dwight behind the camera mouthing the words for him.
No Spin Ag
LMCane said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

His scripts are getting dumber with each post.

What I don't get is how the Trump fans with half a brain aren't insulted at this point by Trump himself. Calling his opponents by stupid nicknames and making playground taunts....lying right to his supporter's faces and daring them not to believe him....putting out amateur ads like this one as supposed selling points for why he deserves their votes.

He's treating his own supporters like idiots who aren't smart enough to find out the truth or think for themselves. He's playing to their base crudeness as if they're all 10 yrs old and ruled by their emotions. He's playing them for fools and neanderthals who can't think for themselves and just want to be entertained by a staged show.

He's playing them and using them and laughing at them the whole time, meanwhile the hard core suckers just eat it all up.

you seem to be confused with a feature and not a bug.

he has literally stated over the last 8 years he speaks as if he is speaking to a fifth grade audience- he knows who his true Trump Cultists are.

every poll shows they are the least educated segment of American society.

It's been said before on here that there should be either an IQ either or degree requirement. I don't recall which specifically, but the point being that by doing so would hurt the dems in the number of dems being able to vote.

With what you're saying, if those requirements were made for the primaries, Trump would stand no chance.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
The Banned
aggie93 said:

You know, DeSantis may have done some incredible and comprehensive interview with tough questions and handled them great but can he do this? I mean I'm just amazed. He walked!

Dude doesn't even realize the self-own. A "man his age". How about we just vote for someone who isn't knocking on 80 years old?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah rapier, you choosing to laugh at someone's pathetic attempt at trolling is exactly what I'm basing my vote on as well.
Rapier108
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Yeah rapier, you choosing to laugh at someone's pathetic attempt at trolling is exactly what I'm basing my vote on as well.
I really don't care what you base your vote on. You can vote however you want. At least that is still allowed in this country for the time being.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie93
AG

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Another major Trump influencer now saying Team Trump doesn't want the Cruz voters either. They just want true Trump folks I guess?

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
The Last Refuge, no surprise at all.

It is one of the top go to sites for Cult45 to get their daily dose of MAGA propaganda.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Waffledynamics
AG
aggie93 said:

No way did he make his Twitter handle @BasedMikeLee, right?

Christ, that's awesome.
C@LAg
blowout is going to eclipse 2020.
Showertime at the Bidens
aggie93
AG
Waffledynamics said:

aggie93 said:

No way did he make his Twitter handle @BasedMikeLee, right?

Christ, that's awesome.
Yeah, he did that a while back and has fun with it. He's got a great sense of humor.

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
Before Jan. 6, Mark Meadows joked about Trump's election claims
Story by Josh Dawsey, Carol D. Leonnig, Jacqueline Alemany Saturday

Mark Meadows joked about the baseless claim that large numbers of votes were fraudulently cast in the names of dead people in the days before the then-White House chief of staff participated in a phone call in which President Donald Trump alleged there were close to 5,000 dead voters in Georgia and urged Brad Raffensperger, Georgia's secretary of state, to overturn the 2020 election there.

In a text message that has been scrutinized by federal prosecutors, Meadows wrote to a White House lawyer that his son, Atlanta-area attorney Blake Meadows, had been probing possible fraud and had found only a handful of possible votes cast in dead voters' names, far short of what Trump was alleging. The lawyer teasingly responded that perhaps Meadows's son could locate the thousands of votes Trump would need to win the election. The text was described by multiple people familiar with the exchange.

The jocular text message, which has not been previously reported, is one of many exchanges from the time in which Trump aides and other Republican officials expressed deep skepticism or even openly mocked the election claims being made publicly by Trump, according to people familiar with the investigation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the criminal investigation.
LMCane
The ultimate irony of Trump is that he would be begging the Governors of Arizona and Georgia for pardons:

Doug Ducey and Kemp.

Two of the Governors that Trump has savaged the most in the last 3 years.

except because of Trump- he forced Ducey out of the Governor's Mansion to be replaced by...

a hardcore leftist.

Hmm.. I wonder what they will say when he petitions them for a pardon?
FCBlitz
I thought this thread was locked.
LMCane
2018 Trump Lost the House
2020 Trump lost to Joe Biden
2020 Trump lost the House
2021 Trump lost the Senate
2022 Trump lost the Senate
2022 Trump lost more GOP Governorships

there are fewer Republicans in office now than there were when Trump was first elected.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Seeing that the talking points today are that Ron DeSantis smiled when they were force feeding terrorists to keep them alive in Gitmo.
AggieUSMC
AG
FCBlitz said:

That was another thread because it wasn't the "official" Trump vs DeSantis thread like this one. This one has stars. That one didn't.
Rapier108
Ducey was term limited. Trump didn't "run him out of office."
aggie93
AG
FCBlitz said:

This thread has generally had decent discussion and updates from the campaign in it, it was the other 2 threads that got out of control. I am hopeful we can keep this one.

A fundamental problem we have is that when candidates and their primary influencers also engage in activities that would result in a ban here and you post them because that is just showing what the candidates are doing it's hard for people to separate the two. I try very hard not to get overly personal with posters here unless they are openly trolling to point out the troll. Obviously Trump himself loves the personal insults and nicknames and his influencers do as well. Prominent DeSantis supporters get caught up responding. It's a difficult cycle to stop.

The other problem is hard news posts often just don't get responded to while smack talk does and thus the smack talk stays at the top of the page. I created a FL Legislation thread filled with robust issue discussion and real policy but often would post content that would just get a couple of stars and then fade away. Then if someone would say something to smack talk it would get a dozen or more responses. It's the nature of message boards.

Ronald Reagan
FCBlitz
LMCane said:

2018 Trump Lost the House
2020 Trump lost to Joe Biden
2020 Trump lost the House
2021 Trump lost the Senate
2022 Trump lost the Senate
2022 Trump lost more GOP Governorships

there are fewer Republicans in office now than there were when Trump was first elected.

And you think Republicans who did not support where going to gleefully be re-elected?
Staff
Issuing this warning here as well:

It appears that some around here want to make this already long election season feel even longer for everyone, including the mod team. Please don't.

Let this serve as a warning. Everyone needs to stay on topic with the threads. All of you Trump vs. Desantis users need to take a deep breath. Please treat each other with some amount of respect and stop making threads like this one potshots at each other and the two groups of supporters. It is ruining every thread on the topic of this upcoming election season. Argue the issues on topic. Argue the merits of your candidate vs. other candidates all you want(IF THAT IS THE TOPIC). The petty nicknaming and implications that supporters(i.e. the users you are arguing against) are crazy or nutjobs or part of some cult needs to get reigned in big time around here. We've let most of it go for some time because it used to be a jab here and there. Now threads are turning into arguments about these nicknames. That is not okay. That is thread derailing and trolling at a minimum. In some cases users are being disrespectful and engaging in ad hominem attacks. The mod team will start taking down entire threads and issuing bans quickly on any users we feel like are perpetuating this type of behavior. Also, the "but they did it first" is not a justification for your actions. Take responsibility of your own posting and follow our posting policies as you argue and discuss topics.

Another reminder here as it relates to starting threads. OPs need to include their take on the very first post. If you are going to take the time to start a thread and ask users to join in a discussion, you need to start the discussion with your own thoughts and help frame the discussion. The mod team will then moderate against that discussion framework. A link and an image from the posted link is not enough.

Thanks and Gig Em.
Phatbob
AG
aggie93 said:

FCBlitz said:

This thread has generally had decent discussion and updates from the campaign in it, it was the other 2 threads that got out of control. I am hopeful we can keep this one.

A fundamental problem we have is that when candidates and their primary influencers also engage in activities that would result in a ban here and you post them because that is just showing what the candidates are doing it's hard for people to separate the two. I try very hard not to get overly personal with posters here unless they are openly trolling to point out the troll. Obviously Trump himself loves the personal insults and nicknames and his influencers do as well. Prominent DeSantis supporters get caught up responding. It's a difficult cycle to stop.

The other problem is hard news posts often just don't get responded to while smack talk does and thus the smack talk stays at the top of the page. I created a FL Legislation thread filled with robust issue discussion and real policy but often would post content that would just get a couple of stars and then fade away. Then if someone would say something to smack talk it would get a dozen or more responses. It's the nature of message boards.
I am just as guilty as anyone, though I try to contribute solid reasoning, but this race is not about solid reasoning. There is a whole lot of feelz being thrown around that people can't just be reasoned out of.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Seeing that the talking points today are that Ron DeSantis smiled when they were force feeding terrorists to keep them alive in Gitmo.

Yeah, that story popped up a while back and got no traction. But its clearer by the day that Desantis is the main Republican target by the MSM. They cover Trump but really only in regards to two topics:
1) the indictments
2) when they can push poll results showing Trump in the lead.

I don't see a lot of articles attacking every little thing Trump does and branding him evil incarnate like I see with Desantis. If anything they push how the GOP primary is a foregone conclusion.

So yeah, this Gitmo story is being recycled in the recent spate of attacks on Desantis. I expect it to get the same amount of traction as last time, considering their source is one of the actual detainees - lol, not a lot of credibility or sympathy.
Old May Banker
AG
The Trump camp should be careful about using Gitmo stories anyway IMHO.... first of all, at least Desantis was there and maybe just as importantly, most folks don't give many damns about the plight of terrorists.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just to be clear, I saw it from MSM sources with Daily Beast as the original source. I haven't seen any Trump guys spreading this as truth.
Science Denier
AG
TRM said:

ETA:Trump's pollster he fired earlier this year.

How do they define "independent" voters? Union labor is a 14 million voting block that backs Trump. There are even unionized teachers that vote Trump.

And this is the case despite the massive push last election by the union leadership.

Because they have now switched to Trump, are these now considered "republican"? They vote mostly democrat in most elections other than Trump specifically.

I really don't know how they do their "characterization".
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.