OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,419 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
AggieVictor10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mostly unrelated to the thread: **** cancer, and thank God Casey DeSantis was able to beat it!

hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
aggiebrother33
I know, I am one person but what can be done to make sure RD wins the primary up against Trump and his unlimited funds. I fear if Trump wins the primary we will not win the Election...
FireAg
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

I know, I am one person but what can be done to make sure RD wins the primary up against Trump and his unlimited funds. I fear if Trump wins the primary we will not win the Election...

He needs to steal the spotlight…
aggiebrother33
You think he can do that somehow without looking obnoxious to the "Trumpers" and still keep the moderates? He is by far the best candidate for the GOP and our country
FireAg
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

You think he can do that somehow without looking obnoxious to the "Trumpers" and still keep the moderates? He is by far the best candidate for the GOP and our country

He needs to say something that stirs the left…

For instance, he could jump behind and support this Jason Aldean song that has the left pissing and moaning about…

Something that 40% of the country will piss their pants over…and make a headline…

But he can't do it by attacking Trump…that won't work…

You can't get in a mud fight with Trump…

I'd love to see him dog pile Biden/Harris/Schumer on something the left finds sacred…
LMCane
BMX Bandit said:

Upward of 97% of people currently supporting trump are not in any type of cult. very few are paying close attention to this race, and none of this really matters until we get to Iowa. These Trump supporters mines can be changed. Does not mean they will, but they are far from unreachable.

It's those people on Twitter, Texags, and other social media that believe every word, he says, ignore everything he does, and don't really care anything about policy. Even here, it is still a small percentage of Trump supporters that fall into that group.

Not surprisingly, the ones who are most vocal about not liking the name Cult45 almost always the ones that fall into that category. Something about "being over target" comes to mind.
I see your point and I think it's accurate

but it's way more than 3% are in the Trump Cult. just look at TPUSA last week where they were literally cheering when he told his lemmings that Hillary Clinton was "now beautiful Hillary"

and when Steve Bannon started screaming "vengeance!!" like Benito Mussolini in 1922
LMCane
nortex97 said:

DeSantis closes gap in some states, leads in 5 now vs. DJT:

Quote:

More interestingly, though, are the state-by-state numbers, which seem to benefit some of the other candidates more than they do Trump.
DeSantis is ahead of Trump in five states:
  • Utah: 49-42
  • Colorado: 48-40
  • Georgia: 46-45
  • Virginia: 45-43
  • Wisconsin: 44-43
Colorado is Trump's weakest state, with support among just 40 percent of voters. U.S. Senator Tim Scott picked up 5 percent in the state, and tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy got 4 percent.
Clearly, Donald Trump still has a commanding lead over his opponents, but DeSantis is trending higher among voters in this poll than in the national average with the exception of Washington D.C. (16 percent support), DeSantis is well into the 20s in every region measured.

By the time Florida votes it will be a two man race-

and with DeSantis just crushing the state in 2022 he will win the ground game and beat Trump there as well.
LMCane
aggie93 said:

Old May Banker said:

There's a reason - whether it's agreed with or not - that many consider it "cult like" worship... just read that tweet. If you ever disagree, on anything, they're done with you.

It's an odd phenomenon.
I agree. I also think that's a good line for separating folks that support Trump with the folks that are derided for their behavior. Wanting to destroy someone that did so much to take arrows for Trump, especially that Correspondents Dinner where they were incredibly nasty to her, simply because she won't endorse him is just disgusting. If anything Trump owes her for going into the breech against the WH Press Corps every day like she did and putting up with more BS than I can imagine.

Trump demands loyalty because he is so loyal himself.

except to Ivana Trump

except to Melania Trump

Except to Marla Maples Trump

except to Governor Kemp

except to Generals Mattis and Kelly

except to Mark Meadows

except to Scaramucci and Reince Preibus

except to Ron Desantis two days before the 2022 elections

I could go on for days
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Wanting to destroy someone that did so much to take arrows for Trump, especially that Correspondents Dinner where they were incredibly nasty to her, simply because she won't endorse him is just disgusting. If anything Trump owes her for going into the breech against the WH Press Corps every day like she did and putting up with more BS than I can imagine.
Definitely bad Trump. He's not a politican, obviously and Sarah needs to withhold any endorsement, at least until Asa Hutchinson has dropped out. Just state politics. Has little if anything to actually do with Trump himself.
are you actually claiming that a man who ran for President in 2015,

served as the President for four years,

ran for President a second time in 2020 and was beaten,

and is running for President a THIRD time in 2024 ...

is NOT a politician?!?
LMCane
CREAg87 said:

The FAFO (**** around and find out) he added at the end just seems highly unprofessional, particularly because we are talking about softly threatening a female governor here.

I really don't know what the endgame is for some of the influencers who sold themselves entirely to Trump? Who else is going to want anything to with Dc Draino, Raheem Kassam (a truly vile human), Loomer, the entirety of the NYC Young Republicans, etc?
NO ONE which is why they are riding the Trump gravy grifter train as long as they can

and hoping that the Trump money and gravy keeps flowing to Breitbart in 2025 after Trump is in prison

Kassem is a @#$#@$ British citizen who bragged about how the UK is superior to the United States! that is MAGA Trump in a nutshell.
FL_Ag1998
AG
aggie93 said:

Looks like Trump has this figured out. This is brilliant messaging.

On this subject I agreed with Trump.

All of you Trump fans out there he doesn't need your vote, doesn't need your support, he has it in the bag. Go ahead and stay home on Primary day, don't bother voting it's a waste.

And should Trump happen to win the Primary I don't think we need to bother voting for him in the General, since he says he has it in the bag.
Phatbob
AG
And people here wonder why there are DeSantis supporters who won't vote for Trump...

Gee, maybe because he is literally telling everyone he doesn't need them. As a person who voted for Trump in the past, he is telling me that I was a fool to do it then.

Every time someone gives pushback about him sucking as a candidate and tells us we need to unite behind him, we can just post that clip as a response. THAT is how bad of a candidate he is. Remember the discussion about how Asa Hutchison and Pence likely killed their own candidacies because of their own gaffes in 1 performance? There is a mountain of this stuff with him.

We don't need to unite around him, he literally has told us he doesn't need us. We need to move on.
LMCane
aggie93 said:

CREAg87 said:

The FAFO (**** around and find out) he added at the end just seems highly unprofessional, particularly because we are talking about softly threatening a female governor here.

I really don't know what the endgame is for some of the influencers who sold themselves entirely to Trump? Who else is going to want anything to with Dc Draino, Raheem Kassam (a truly vile human), Loomer, the entirety of the NYC Young Republicans, etc?
Kassam is really bad. He literally calls women the c word. Yet Trump loves the guy and he's a regular at MAL and on Trump Force One. You think that the Media isn't just waiting for him to be the nominee to start publicizing the Loomer and Kassam and other lunatics and making Trump explain why these are people on his team? They just live in the MAGA world for now but the moment he is the opponent they are going to run story after story about them. Thing is because they are getting away with it for now they are saying crazier and crazier things but all of that has a record.

It's so easy to see where the game is headed.

LOL- oh you mean like maybe the media is just waiting for Trump to become the nominee

before saturating the airwaves with the Kanye West/ America's biggest Nazi Leader and Trump dinner?

what the Trump dummies don't understand is that Trump is already hated by 54% of the population and that number is growing.

that is BEFORE A BILLION DOLLARS will be spent on campaigning against Trump!

aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

aggiebrother33 said:

For instance, he could jump behind and support this Jason Aldean song that has the left pissing and moaning about…

Something that 40% of the country will piss their pants over…and make a headline…

But he can't do it by attacking Trump…that won't work…

You can't get in a mud fight with Trump…

I'd love to see him dog pile Biden/Harris/Schumer on something the left finds sacred…
He already did get behind the Aldean song. Your bar of "grabbing the headlines" is foolish because PEOPLE ARE NOT FOLLOWING THIS RACE. It's not major news and won't be until we get close to the Primaries. He is doing some smart things to shake things up though. The CNN interview. Megyn Kelly next week. Russell Brand today. Hopefully Rogan soon. Still he is following the Obama playbook vs Hillary that focused on Ground Game and raising a ton of money to spend as the Primaries got closer.

DeSantis does not control news cycles right now and there is nothing he can do that will. That's ok, he just needs to focus on what he can control for now and prepare for when he does get his chance to shine. It will happen but it's not going to be for a while yet unless he just gets really lucky. He's got to focus on winning votes the hard way for now, knocking doors and changing minds a few at a time.

BTW, here he is on Fox talking about Aldean, the fact you didn't know about it even though I have posted it here on this site only proves my point. People are not paying attention:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Pretty effective ad here:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BMX Bandit
Quote:

There has been no political out in front "saying something" to stir the left on the woke agenda than DeSantis.

This poster has eithe been asleep the last year or isn't interested in an honest debate.

It's like saying trump needs to speak up on election integrity.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It will never be good enough.
TRM
AG
https://rumble.com/v31cjcc-ron-desantis-and-russell-brand-taking-on-trump-fauci-and-the-war-in-ukraine.html
Phatbob
AG
TRM said:

https://rumble.com/v31cjcc-ron-desantis-and-russell-brand-taking-on-trump-fauci-and-the-war-in-ukraine.html
From the first 10 minutes, I can see he actually gets the problem with Washington. We don't need to just put new people in charge of the central power, we need to make it NOT central power. You can't fix something if you don't understand the problem.

For those who only speak in Trump terms, you can't fix the swamp just by replacing the people in charge of the swamp.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Great interview and great answers that even Trump supporters should be getting behind if they're being intellectually honest.
LMCane
TRM said:

I just watched the entire Russell Brand interview with Ron..

FANTASTIC

by both Russell and the Governor.

Brand is one of the very few brilliant intellectuals who is a true democrat- he is honest to admit when the left is screwing with liberty and in fact most things Brand and Shapiro agree on.

DeSantis gave a master class in constitutional Federalism

he needs to hit that over and over and over again with even more details.
TRM
AG
I think something DeSantis needs to hammer is that line early on in the interview "I put my job on the line to fight for your job."
CREAg87
AG
Another podcast/show DeSantis should go on is Patrick Bet-David- I think they could have an excellent discussion.
Keep your rifle by your side
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

intellectually honest

I pray that more of it exist in the wild than what's evident from the Trump trolls on this board.
FL_Ag1998
AG
The bottom line is you don't hear excuse after excuse from Desantis, you just see results.

In Trump terms -

Excuses are for losers. Whiners. Crybabies. But Desantis wins bigly. Huuuge, incredible results. Big, beautiful results, the kind you've never seen before. Not like those chumps Washington or Reagan. He delivers historic results. Best ever. Gonna be amazing.
Phatbob
FL_Ag1998
AG
Oh *****! Scott is gaining on Desantis in Iowa!! Desantis is losing bigly, needs to just bow out now!!! This poll proves it!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iowa-poll-shows-scott-gaining-160605880.html

Oh. Wait....

Quote:

The survey, which was paid for by the Trump campaign and shared exclusively with The Hill,

Nothing like some good ol' fake news, right?
Rapier108
FL_Ag1998 said:

Oh *****! Scott is gaining on Desantis in Iowa!! Desantis is losing bigly, needs to just bow out now!!! This poll proves it!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iowa-poll-shows-scott-gaining-160605880.html

Oh. Wait....

Quote:

The survey, which was paid for by the Trump campaign and shared exclusively with The Hill,

Nothing like some good ol' fake news, right?
There are many polls now that are being done by unknown entities, and they always are pro-Trump and anti-DeSantis.

Every single one of them is likely being paid for by Trump with specific results required to keep up the narrative.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRM
AG
I wouldn't call them unknown entities...they're known for their ability to put out polls that tell your narrative as long as you pay them like Kaplan Strategies.
Phatbob
AG
I'm amazed that Trump couldn't even get 50% in a poll he paid for. That seems like the bigger story.
TRM
AG
BTW Fox News Sunday is going to drop new IA and NH polls this weekend.
LMCane
more oratorical brilliance from the Orange God King:

"I didn't know practically what a subpoena was and grand juries and all of this now I'm like becoming an expert,"

Trump said in his speech on Tuesday to the Linn County Republican Party in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

"I have no choice because we have to. It's a disgrace. If you say something about an election, they want to put you in jail for the rest of your life."
Aggie_2463
AG
It would be nice if trump would drop out and throw his support fully behind desantis and we win the 2024 election.

I can dream can't I?
Rapier108
TRM said:

BTW Fox News Sunday is going to drop new IA and NH polls this weekend.
No doubt Trump will be up 99.99% to DeSantis at -8000%.

Sarcasm for those who don't grasp the concept, but I have no doubt Fox and the rest will keep pushing Trump with every news story and poll. They all want him as the nominee.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BigRobSA
FL_Ag1998 said:

Great interview and great answers that even Trump supporters should be getting behind if they're being intellectually honest.

"Meatball Ron's hands are too big." Trump and his supporters.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.