OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,472 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Old May Banker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a reason - whether it's agreed with or not - that many consider it "cult like" worship... just read that tweet. If you ever disagree, on anything, they're done with you.

It's an odd phenomenon.
aggie93
AG
Old May Banker said:

There's a reason - whether it's agreed with or not - that many consider it "cult like" worship... just read that tweet. If you ever disagree, on anything, they're done with you.

It's an odd phenomenon.
I agree. I also think that's a good line for separating folks that support Trump with the folks that are derided for their behavior. Wanting to destroy someone that did so much to take arrows for Trump, especially that Correspondents Dinner where they were incredibly nasty to her, simply because she won't endorse him is just disgusting. If anything Trump owes her for going into the breech against the WH Press Corps every day like she did and putting up with more BS than I can imagine.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
nortex97
AG
aggie93 said:

CREAg87 said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks to be the next target of "MAGA" wrath
The blood loyalty thing by Trump folks is just creepy. So if you ever get an endorsement or work for Trump in any way you must be loyal to him forever. Uh, no. You are loyal to people who deserve your loyalty. I don't think it matters either way on who Sanders endorses but crap like this from Trump and his team is so weak. At some point people just get tired of being bullied.
WTAF does it matter if she comes out and endorses him or not is my question? How many primary voters, anywhere, or even in Arkansas, are going to say "well, his former spokeswoman did endorse him this year so I guess I will go vote for him too?"

It's the weirdest thing. I mean, maybe it is something like a 5 point swing either way in the Arkansas primary, would be my swag. But that's on Super Tuesday (March 5th) of 2024. To paraphrase another Arkansan woman "what difference, at this point, does it make?"
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Wanting to destroy someone that did so much to take arrows for Trump, especially that Correspondents Dinner where they were incredibly nasty to her, simply because she won't endorse him is just disgusting. If anything Trump owes her for going into the breech against the WH Press Corps every day like she did and putting up with more BS than I can imagine.
Definitely bad Trump. He's not a politican, obviously and Sarah needs to withhold any endorsement, at least until Asa Hutchinson has dropped out. Just state politics. Has little if anything to actually do with Trump himself.
Rapier108
Old May Banker said:

It's an odd phenomenon.
And that is what I refer to as Cult45.

It is not the person who is the casual supporter of Trump, but admits he's not a perfect candidate and has flaws.
It is not someone who is voting for him because he likes what Trump did in his first term.
It is not someone who is currently supporting Trump, but open to voting for a different candidate in the primary.

It is the absolute devotion to Trump as through he is a god. Trump never ever does anything wrong, never makes a mistake, and even when he tells a flat out lie, it is still accepted as the truth. They also act just like Trump with the endless, childish nicknames, slander, and desire to destroy anyone who is not on team Trump now and forever.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
The Banned
Old May Banker said:

It's an odd phenomenon.

Not to mention your designation as "swamp" or not can change immediately. They aren't just done with you. You instantly turn into an evil person hellbent on destroying the country
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Wanting to destroy someone that did so much to take arrows for Trump, especially that Correspondents Dinner where they were incredibly nasty to her, simply because she won't endorse him is just disgusting. If anything Trump owes her for going into the breech against the WH Press Corps every day like she did and putting up with more BS than I can imagine.
Definitely bad Trump. He's not a politican, obviously and Sarah needs to withhold any endorsement, at least until Asa Hutchinson has dropped out. Just state politics. Has little if anything to actually do with Trump himself.
FWIW I still don't think it is as gross as the Trump folks like Loomer who spread the "Casey faked her Cancer" rumor that a lot of Trump operatives spread with impunity. Does this look like someone who faked it?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
CREAg87
AG
The FAFO (**** around and find out) he added at the end just seems highly unprofessional, particularly because we are talking about softly threatening a female governor here.

I really don't know what the endgame is for some of the influencers who sold themselves entirely to Trump? Who else is going to want anything to with Dc Draino, Raheem Kassam (a truly vile human), Loomer, the entirety of the NYC Young Republicans, etc?
Keep your rifle by your side
aggie93
AG
Bird93 said:

To me, the choice is simple. 100% of Trump supporters would vote for DeSantis in the general. The converse of that is not true.
First off that's false, there are folks on both sides who won't vote the other way though I agree virtually all Trump folks will vote DeSantis. The really important point though is the DeSantis voters who won't vote for Trump are people who didn't vote Trump in '16 or '20. If they didn't vote for Trump then what makes you think they will now and why would they? They cannot stand him and will not support him and they never have. You can just be mad at them I guess but Trump does nothing but push them further away with his words and actions and he won't even recognize they exist because he thinks he won.

I'll vote for Trump if he is the nominee even though being in Texas my vote doesn't matter. If Texas is in play Trump is losing HUGE. That said Texas won't be in play. It would just be nice if we could look at a candidate that not only can appeal to Independents and Women that have been voting D but is actually more conservative than Trump. I care about policy and that's why I was willing to support Trump last time but this time we have a much better choice.

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
CREAg87 said:

I really don't know what the endgame is for some of the influencers who sold themselves entirely to Trump? Who else is going to want anything to with Dc Draino, Raheem Kassam (a truly vile human), Loomer, the entirety of the NYC Young Republicans, etc?
They will ride the Trump train until there are no more $$$ to be made. Given the never ending devotion so many people have to Trump, they might be able to ride it for a decade. They might take over his trading card business.

Then they'll move on to another grift. Loomer has had several previous ones before going all in on Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie93
AG
CREAg87 said:

The FAFO (**** around and find out) he added at the end just seems highly unprofessional, particularly because we are talking about softly threatening a female governor here.

Kassam is really bad. He literally calls women the c word. Yet Trump loves the guy and he's a regular at MAL and on Trump Force One. You think that the Media isn't just waiting for him to be the nominee to start publicizing the Loomer and Kassam and other lunatics and making Trump explain why these are people on his team? They just live in the MAGA world for now but the moment he is the opponent they are going to run story after story about them. Thing is because they are getting away with it for now they are saying crazier and crazier things but all of that has a record.

It's so easy to see where the game is headed.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
DeSantis going on Russell Brand, this should be fun!

Ronald Reagan
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That's an interesting interview for him. I see them agreeing on stuff you wouldn't think and disagreeing hard on some things like abortion. I bet they talk a lot about woke stuff, trans issues, media silencing, etc.
The Banned
I'm glad he's going for the long form podcast. A great medium for 20-40 year olds that otherwise get nothing but the mainstream narrative
FL_Ag1998
AG
That's fantastic he's doing that interview with Brand. Another example of him chipping away at that massive group of voters who don't want to vote for Biden or Trump.
aggie93
AG
Have to think Rogan is coming up at some point.

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
What time? Central, that is.
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

What time? Central, that is.
11AM according to the video

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
Edit: All the posts referred to were deleted.
The Banned
aggie93 said:

Have to think Rogan is coming up at some point.

He 100% needs to do that interview too. The only problem with the relaxed setting is the gotcha questions can be a bit more surprising but from Brand's trailer it looks like he's going to have plenty of tough questions. I'm looking forward to that.
TyHolden
AG
Frodo...

aggie93
AG
Apparently working as an electrician is a bad thing to Trump Influencers. This is a very relatable story of how DeSantis had to work to make money the Summer after HS as an Apprentice Electrician and how he had to spend his first week's paycheck to get OSHA approved boots he didn't really need. It taught him about the idiocy of government regulation.

Ronald Reagan
FL_Ag1998
AG
So Trump is a bad enough businessman to start off life with a silver spoon in his mouth, then lose his fortune two times over, and I'm supposed to be in awe of his "struggle" to pull himself back up to billionaire status?

Pssst, I know secret about Trump and his latest plan to stay rich. It involves grifting a very large group of sycophants.
Bryanisbest
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Bryanisbest said:

Polls negative to DeSantis are no good. Polls negative to Trump are good. Too early to draw any conclusions about DeSantis strength against Trump. Not too early to conclude Biden beats Trump. Can't have it both ways.

If only we had any real world evidence to know how Trump would perform against Biden in a presidential election.

Can't believe you are going to rely on Biden's "victory" in 2020 as the foundation for your argument. Surely you got something better than that.
Im Gipper
Given he's literally in the White House and Trump couldn't prevent it, I'd say that's a good place to start!

I'm Gipper
J. Walter Weatherman
Bryanisbest said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Bryanisbest said:

Polls negative to DeSantis are no good. Polls negative to Trump are good. Too early to draw any conclusions about DeSantis strength against Trump. Not too early to conclude Biden beats Trump. Can't have it both ways.

If only we had any real world evidence to know how Trump would perform against Biden in a presidential election.

Can't believe you are going to rely on Biden's "victory" in 2020 as the foundation for your argument. Surely you got something better than that.

Something better than what happened the last time the two went against each other for the exact same race? No, I don't think there's much better evidence than that.
Old May Banker
AG
Besides alienating a great many in his base, what exactly has Trump done to correct that stolen election?
TRM
AG
TRM
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Interesting Townhall straw poll.
BigRobSA
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

He has ran for PotUS now in 2000, 2016, 2020 and 2024. He was actually PotUS from 1/20/17 - 1/20/21.

When DOES he become a politician?

Good Lord. Yes, he is one....just a ****ty one. Luke being a ****ty leader, a ****ty husband, a ****ty businessman....etc.
aggie93
AG
Looks like Trump has this figured out. This is brilliant messaging.

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
TRM said:

Interesting Townhall straw poll.

I can't believe what I'm seeing here. LarryElder, how could you betray the trust of the man you support, the Don, like this and run against him? The nerve of some people... Explain yourself!
Phatbob
AG
See, guys! Trump doesn't want our votes anyways.
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.