OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,743 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sq 17 said:

aggiehawg said:

TRM said:

This is how you turn the tide in swing states.

Uhmm? If they voted Biden the last time? Did they know they did?

One of the dumber attempted gotcha's I have read.
Take West U in Houston it might have voted for Biden but lots of Republicans live there and they generally are wealthier and more likely to contribute to political campaigns than places like Longview TX

Scottsdale Arizona is one of the wealthiest enclaves in the United States and for decades voted GOP.

they voted Biden in 2020- that's how much Trump sucked.
ts5641
LMCane said:

Sq 17 said:

aggiehawg said:

TRM said:

Take West U in Houston it might have voted for Biden but lots of Republicans live there and they generally are wealthier and more likely to contribute to political campaigns than places like Longview TX

Scottsdale Arizona is one of the wealthiest enclaves in the United States and for decades voted GOP.

Didn't know that and it's even more proof he can't be the nominee but the low info GOP voters are not breaking ranks with this fool. He's going to be the nominee and the dems will control everything again. Good job Trumpsters!!
LMCane
ts5641 said:

LMCane said:

Sq 17 said:

aggiehawg said:

TRM said:

Didn't know that and it's even more proof he can't be the nominee but the low info GOP voters are not breaking ranks with this fool. He's going to be the nominee and the dems will control everything again. Good job Trumpsters!!
well it's not over yet

in fact, it hasn't even begun.

but notice how the Trumpbots have nothing other than "polls!!" and "DeSantis has a funny voice!"
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

Nail big pharma to the wall!

Desantis almost has too much information sometimes on some subjecs, to the point where it can almost harm the succinctness of his responses. But I think as we get into more public forums and debates that allow for in-depth answers like this he'll start exceeding more and more.

Meanwhile Trump is the exact opposite, His personal knowledge is shallow at best on most subjects because he relies on others to be the subject matter experts for him. So he relies on gimmicky catch phrases and slogans that work great at his rallies, which is eaten right up by the low IQ/info voters who would rather just cheer than think in depth.

That's why Trump is doing great at all his personal rallies, but his actual sit down interviews look worse and worse every day. And why I don't think he'll show up to the first debate unless he can strong arm the GOP into accepting conditions that are overwhelmingly in his favor.

The Banned
Not to mention trump loves "his" vaccine.
LMCane
The Banned said:

people are underestimating how much of an issue the lockdowns, maskings, supporting Fauci and vaccines are going to be

true conservatives will not abide by that anymore

the only question is how many true conservatives are left in the USA at this point.
Manhattan

Good luck with this strategy this late in the game lmao.
Rapier108
You're voting for the Democrat, so of course you're on the Trump train until the primary is over.

Just go away.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
LMCane said:

The Banned said:

people are underestimating how much of an issue the lockdowns, maskings, supporting Fauci and vaccines are going to be

true conservatives will not abide by that anymore

the only question is how many true conservatives are left in the USA at this point.
Cult45 actually has a response to that today.

The headline on one of the Cult45 "news" sites is "DeSantis Didn't Fire Florida's Fauci," referring to one of the health department heads in one of the big counties. I don't remember if its Miami-Date or Palm Beach.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Phatbob
AG
Manhattan said:

Good luck with this strategy this late in the game lmao
Uhh, that is not what he said at all. They had to literally cut off his next sentence, which said it was a political attack, to ... what? Even in that quote that isn't what he said
Im Gipper
AMAZING how Lib (Manhattan) and Maga (Gunther) are lock step in lying about DeSantis? Why is that?

He said:

"But to try to criminalize that, that's a different issue entirely and I think that we want to be in a situation where you don't have one side just constantly trying to put the other side in jail.

And that means he wants Trump in jail? LOL

So predictable!

I'm Gipper
CREAg87
AG
Eagleman is absolute trash- Q believing conspiritard that pushes the "Trump won California" nonsense. He has no influence outside of Twitter bubble.
Keep your rifle by your side
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Flagged for false information. You are claiming the exact opposite of what was said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4103511-desantis-says-trump-should-have-come-out-more-forcefully-on-jan-6/amp/

Quote:

Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis reacted to the news that former President Trump is the target of the Justice Department's investigation into Jan. 6, saying the former president should have been more forceful on that day but did not necessarily commit any crimes.

"I think it was shown how he was in the White House and didn't do anything while things were going on. He should have come out more forcefully," DeSantis said at a press conference in Columbia, S.C., Tuesday.

But to try to criminalize that, that's a different issue entirely," DeSantis said of Trump's inaction on Jan. 6. "We want to be in a situation where you don't have one side just constantly trying to put the other side in jail, and that unfortunately is what we're seeing now."
Old McDonald
Manhattan said:

desantis is in an impossible position. he has to dance around anti-trump positions to avoid offending the base while also differentiating himself from trump and attacking him. hard to do both and have a successful campaign, as he's now finding out.
aggie93
AG
Manhattan said:

He literally said that Trump didn't do anything criminal and the prosecution against him was wrong immediately after. All he said is Trump should have done things differently which everyone with a brain agrees with.

Pro tip. If you see a clip or opinion from a MAGA influencer fact check it because there is about a 90% chance it is a lie or highly misleading. Of course you are Democrat so that explains a lot.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
CREAg87 said:

Eagleman is absolute trash- Q believing conspiritard that pushes the 'Trump won California" nonsense. He has no influence outside of Twitter bubble.
You should see them over on Free Republic (Cult45 Central) right now. They are losing their **** over this. They see DeSantis as the greatest enemy this country has ever faced. Then again, they also have a thread saying Trump was sent by God himself and is being persecuted because of it.
aggie93
AG
BTW there is a new trend in the polling emerging, the strength for DeSantis is in the Suburbs and families with children. No surprise there but that's a double bonus because that's a huge group to win in both the Primaries and more importantly the General. Trump made it so toxic to support him in the Suburbs because of his behavior and DeSantis is like a magnet for those voters. Mamas for DeSantis, talking about protecting children and normalcy, strong economic message, and of course going around everywhere with his pretty wife and cute kids makes a difference. He's also door knocking like crazy there.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
Darth Randy
Manhattan said:

Someone didn't watch the video they decided to post.
TRM
AG
aggie93 said:

BTW there is a new trend in the polling emerging, the strength for DeSantis is in the Suburbs and families with children. No surprise there but that's a double bonus because that's a huge group to win in both the Primaries and more importantly the General. Trump made it so toxic to support him in the Suburbs because of his behavior and DeSantis is like a magnet for those voters. Mamas for DeSantis, talking about protecting children and normalcy, strong economic message, and of course going around everywhere with his pretty wife and cute kids makes a difference. He's also door knocking like crazy there.
Tracks with the fundraising numbers I mentioned from that Noah Rothman tweet yesterday.
aggie93
AG
BTW, for anyone that wants to know what DeSantis was like in the House here is a comprehensive breakdown of his voting record. He had a 99.31% Lifetime Rating from the American Conservative Union with 1 vote out of 139 that was considered "Liberal". That vote was over Hurricane Relief funding btw which is pretty understandable for a Congressman from Florida.

Worth some time to look through, an absolute consistent conservative all the way whether it was Obama or Trump in office.

ACU Ratings

Ronald Reagan
rgag12
AG

Even Clay Travis gets it, and he's not that bright.

The Banned
Manhattan said:

This literally has nothing to do with desantis wanting to charge trump.
aggie93
AG
If the rest of the Tapper interview is like this it's a home run for DeSantis, crushed this:

Ronald Reagan
Old May Banker
AG
NB4 larry elder or reality denier tells us what a meatball he is....

Outstanding answer.
Phatbob
AG
Wow, so if you don't support DeSantis, you must want Trump to be prosecuted... Sounds reasonable to me.

Desantis 2024!
FL_Ag1998
AG
rgag12 said:

Even Clay Travis gets it, and he's not that bright.

Exactly, its what many of us have been shouting for months on end because its as clear as day. Trump and his supporters by extension are simply pawns for the Dem's politics.

But the Trump supporters refuse to admit it because it would dispel the myth of Trump as a martyr dying on the hill for them, the only one who can save them from the world ending.
aggie93
AG
DeSantis just crushed this interview, so quick on his feet and clear and talked to fast for Tapper to interrupt.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
You can clearly see he had Tapper on his heels and DeSantis was firmly in control of this interview, he's just too quick for him.

Ronald Reagan
Manhattan
Take it up with team MAGA.
Im Gipper

I'm Gipper
agz win
AG
DeSantis hitting home runs and I'm not surprised at all. Hemorrhoids flaring for donald tonight as his anxieties about debating DeSantis goes through the roof.
CREAg87
AG
agz win said:

DeSantis hitting home runs and I'm not surprised at all. Hemorrhoids flaring for donald tonight as his anxieties about debating DeSantis goes through the roof.
I can't see him doing it all now. Between DeSantis and Christie, Trump would be completely flustered- one would be attacking the ineffectiveness of his policymaking and the other his lack of character and mental fitness.
Keep your rifle by your side
FL_Ag1998
AG
CREAg87 said:

agz win said:

I can't see him doing it all now. Between DeSantis and Christie, Trump would be completely flustered- one would be attacking the ineffectiveness of his policymaking and the other his lack of character and mental fitness.

Mr. Bonespurs won't go, at least unless he's forced to because he's losing primaries. He knows he'll get destroyed by everyone except suckup Ramaswamy.
Im Gipper

I'm Gipper
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.