Sports Illustrated Says "Hold My Bud Light"

6,724 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedata
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Sports Illustrated came under fire on Monday for using Kim Petras, a transgender female pop star, as one of its cover models for the Swimsuit Edition.

It was Petras' first time on the cover of the Swimsuit Edition. Petras joined Martha Stewart, Megan Fox and Brooks Nader as the other cover models for this year's magazine.

"There is no theme [to this year's issue]rather, there is a vision, a sentiment, a hope that women can live in a world where they feel no limitations, internally or externally," SI Swimsuit Editor-in-Chief MJ Day said. "But the absence of a theme is not to say that [these women] don't share certain common traits. They're constantly evolving."

Day said of Petras, "The Grammy-winning pop star, a beacon of inspiration for the LGBTQ+ community, has blazed her own path to superstardom, but it has been anything but a straight line."

However, not everyone was pleased with SI deciding to use Petras as one of its models.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/sports-illustrated-faces-backlash-naming-transgender-female-pop-star-kim-petras-swimsuit-cover-model

So the "theme is about women having no limitations, and they decide the best person to put on the cover is a mentally ill man.

Guess it proves men still are better at everything... other than perhaps making sandwiches.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie2812-2
AG
I don't think men look at their crap anymore. Don't think this will hit them hard. Crazy how all these company's want to push this as being normal.
ntxVol
Do they still sell magazines?
Franklin Comes Alive!
I don't always agree w op, but good bull on not posting the freakshow's si cover
usmcbrooks
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition is still a thing?

BQ78
AG
It's supposed to be edgy but it doesn't even move the needle anymore.
annie88
AG
that women can live in a world where they feel no limitations, internally or externally

Even if they're men.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Rapier108
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
WestTexasAg
AG
Why are so many obsessed with this disgusting ***** Alarming to say the least.
Urban Ag
AG
Keep saying it. I really feel bad that my sons are coming of age in what America has become. When I was a teenager the SI swimsuit edition was a big deal. They'd sell out everywhere and we'd cut the pics out and tape them up in our lockers or pin them on bulletin boards.

Carol Alt. Elle McPherson. Kathy Ireland. Rachel Hunter. Stephanie Seymour. Absolute goddesses ala ancient Greece and Rome.

Now fatties and dudes pretending to be women.

What a very strange world libs have created. This sucks.
Teslag
AG
They had a fat ass last year. Just nasty all around now.
annie88
AG
I have to say I've never heard of Kim Petras.

Just another dude taking a woman's accolades.
Fight Fight Fight.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Martha Stewart is one of the cover girls. Martha. Stewart. Clearly SI has given up.
Urban Ag
AG
annie88 said:

And the only thing that is going to change this is enough actual women shouting it down.

As a man, I'll never, ever, accept a biological female as a fellow male. Never, under any circumstance. I honestly can't say I know a single male that would. Women have to stop putting up with this horse sh**.
Micah97
AG
I'll be keep skipping the body spray paint pictures this year.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Being a woman is so easy even a man can do it
Rapier108
annie88 said:

I have because it was a big deal when he started taking drugs and cutting off body parts as a teenager.

Now no one bats an eye when a child decides to mutilate himself or herself.
Urban Ag
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

Martha Stewart is one of the cover girls. Martha. Stewart. Clearly SI has given up.

Rapier108
Urban Ag said:

annie88 said:

And the only thing that is going to change this is enough actual women shouting it down.

As a man, I'll never, ever, accept a biological female as a fellow male. Never, under any circumstance. I honestly can't say I know a single male that would. Women have to stop putting up with this horse sh**.
The majority of women are voting for it and just like with homosexual "marriage" the biggest supporters are women because of "feelz."
captkirk
AG
Hopefully the nail in the coffin
Urban Ag
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Being a woman is so easy even a man can do it
Nah, I'd F it up
annie88
AG
Urban Ag said:

annie88 said:

It's funny to see the left trip all over themselves all the time. They are such hypocrites. They scream about about gay rights, but yet support Muslim tyranny.

They defend Islam, but **** all over Christianity and Judaism.

They scream about a war on women, metoo, not being heard. not being treated well,, but yet they support men, pretending to be women.

They pretend that fossil fuels are actually bad for the Earth but then support lithium, batteries, and Evies and all this bull**** green energy crap like gas, stoves and cow farts, and *****

They're ****ing crazy.

I will say though, every now and then you might see a picture of a really pretty woman and then you find out it's a dude then you're like holy crap. But I've never seen it really work the other way.
Fight Fight Fight.
Rapier108
Quote:

I will say though, every now and then you might see a picture of a really pretty woman and then you find out it's a dude then you're like holy crap. But I've never seen it really work the other way.
Makeup and Photoshop can do amazing things.
Urban Ag
AG
Makes me love my wife all the more. She's feisty for certain but she is very feminine, very girly girl. She finds all of this utterly stupid and repulsive.
agz win
AG
Given up? More like expanding the choices on the buffet. Age 81 and looks great.

Opalka
AG
aggie2812-2 said:

I don't think men look at their crap anymore. Don't think this will hit them hard. Crazy how all these company's want to push this as being normal.
I don't think anyone is saying "normal". But that doesn't correlate to it being wrong or not legitimate to a trans person (or some other minority group that not "like you"). What these companies are doing is being INCLUSIVE. It's good business sense to be inclusive instead of promoting the idea that "our product is only for (fill in the blank)".
Why people get their knickers in a knot over what someone else drinks or doesn't drink is stupid. Just drink your beer and don't worry if your beer company is OK with selling it to some minority that you're not a part of. Just chill out people.
agent-maroon
AG
Trans or Martha Stewart or fatty... fatty or Martha Stewart or trans...

Martha Stewart under protest...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Urban Ag
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

Makeup and Photoshop can do amazing things.
See that's the thing. A certain poster used to link pics of trans women that at first blush may pass as women and even attractive. The problem remains pretty simple. The moment you find out it has schweeeener and nuts, or even worse, a festering wound where it once was, all that work and effort goes out the window as no sane male (straight or gay) is touching that. That's reality.
usmcbrooks
agent-maroon said:

Trans or Martha Stewart or fatty... fatty or Martha Stewart or trans...

Martha Stewart under protest...
FMK?
Biz Ag
AG
I'll bet Lea Thomas is pissed. He actually wears swimsuits all the time.

javajaws
AG
4 cover models? Is this a participation trophy sort of thing now?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
No straight male cares about the swimsuit edition anymore, you can find much better looking women online completely naked for free.

So SI now finds someone that doesn't fit the "normal" standards of beauty that will cause a bunch of outrage so people buy it in support of counterculture.

Rinse and repeat. And the red blooded Americans have been falling for it every year, giving SI exactly what they want.
annie88
AG
Do you know how much photoshop that picture has?

Granted Martha Stewart has always been a very attractive woman, especially when she was younger. And for 81 she looks fantastic, but at least she's a woman.
Fight Fight Fight.
milner79
agz win said:

Given up? More like expanding the choices on the buffet. Age 81 and looks great.

I draw the line ... at 79!

Scotty Appleton
Urban Ag said:

annie88 said:

Just like the only thing that will keep the NFL, NBA, MLB, and yes even CFB/CBB, etc from spitting in the faces of 1/2 the population is to stop watching.

The left knows most of the right will give-in. Hell, I'm still guilty, but less and less every year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.