A compromise for gun control.

12,814 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by eric76
Choobadooba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I frequent the outdoors board. I am a gun owner, I personally just don't have a need for an AR.
Slicer97
AG
Choowey said:

I frequent the outdoors board. I am a gun owner, I personally just don't have a need for an AR.
And it is your right not to purchase a firearm you neither need nor want. Just as it is my right to purchase a firearm that I probably don't need but do want.
deddog
AG
Choowey said:

Fair enough.

If you are non-emotional about it, then this article might change your mind. Its' what spurred me on to buy my first AR. That and Bender's AR thread.

https://medium.com/s/story/the-surprisingly-solid-mathematical-case-of-the-tin-foil-hat-gun-prepper-15fce7d10437
Quote:

The Surprisingly Solid Mathematical Case of the Tin Foil Hat Gun Prepper

I'm curious, what would you use for SHTF scenarios?
Teslag
AG
Choowey said:

What guns do you have? And what will be your defense when someone says you don't have a need for those?
SteveA
AG
Quote:

Quote:

You can stop asking. You're not going to get an actual answer.
Because his question is worthless. Need has nothing to do with it.
This is exactly right. Not because of need, it's because we can. All this talk of defending homes and fighting the gubment is courageous, but the truth probably boils down to this. AR's are cool. They are fun to shoot. And we like showing them off to our friends. And for that, they are readily available to everyone.
deddog
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

Quote:

This is exactly right. Not because of need, it's because we can. All this talk of defending homes and fighting the gubment is courageous, but the truth probably boils down to this. AR's are cool. They are fun to shoot. And we like showing them off to our friends. And for that, they are readily available to everyone.
Tell me you've lived a sheltered existence without telling me you've lived a sheltered existence
deddog
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

Quote:

No one's fighting the government.
They may end up fighting you.

Remember to bring your knife.

</satire>
Choobadooba
Teslag said:

Choowey said:

What guns do you have? And what will be your defense when someone says you don't have a need for those?

Slicer97
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

schmellba99 said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Don't have a dog in this fight.

However, I find it funny that when someone mentions gun control, mostly about AR's, tons of people start screaming "shall not be infringed."

The only arms people were bearing when that was written were muskets.

Exactly. There's no NEED for an AR. So many people killed by them.

I also find it pretty sad that conservatives aren't willing to compromise at all on this issue. Well we need to do something!
There is exactly zero need for any democrat to vote, ever. I find it pretty sad that democrats are so unwilling to compromise on this issue. Well we need to do something!

The second you introduce "need" into a discussion like this, you have admitted you have nothing of substance to discuss and are relying solely on irrational emotions.

Okay, tell me why you NEED one, not why you want one. Your wants don't matter anymore after all these deaths.

Edit: Apparently I can't post anymore today, but Slicer97 wants to call me a whiner when people are getting killed? And you think I live with my parents because I'm liberal? I work in finance and have 100+ clients. We can compare paychecks whenever you want.

I'm sure you've got more in the bank than I do. I have a mortgage to pay and ammo to purchase for all my unecessary firearms.
stallion6
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

stallion6 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

Other than being unconstitutional, it's stupid.

Keep trying.
Where is it unconstitutional to draft HS students? I don't agree with components of the email but it does not specify that those not drafted cannot own a gun.

A right does not have to be earned.
Read his message again. He never said you had to earn the right. You just inferred that. He only said you would leave the military better trained and with a license. Show me where he said that was the only way you got your 2nd Amendment right?
SMM48
AG
Muskets were the same rifles the military used. So yeah.

We don't have mil versions of rifles.

Try harder.
SMM48
AG
Yeah you do.
SMM48
AG
It's not called the Bill of Needs
combat wombat™
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

Or will use another weapon - a car, for example.
It's pretty hard to infiltrate a school with a car.
Kids outside at recess... flimsy barriers don't stop cars.
Kids waiting in the carpool line.

How about bombs? They can bring bombs into the school.

People intent on killing innocents will find a way.
SteveA
AG
" Tell me you've lived a sheltered existence without telling me you've lived a sheltered existence"
I guess so? I mean, I'm not so afraid of joe Biden knocking on my door that I have an AR beside my bed at all times. How many loaded rifles do you jabs stashed around your place?
Slicer97
AG
SteveA said:

How many loaded rifles do you jabs stashed around your place?

Enough, hopefully.
annie88
AG
Nah.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
FrioAg 00
AG
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
stallion6 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

stallion6 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

Other than being unconstitutional, it's stupid.

Keep trying.
Where is it unconstitutional to draft HS students? I don't agree with components of the email but it does not specify that those not drafted cannot own a gun.

A right does not have to be earned.
Read his message again. He never said you had to earn the right. You just inferred that. He only said you would leave the military better trained and with a license. Show me where he said that was the only way you got your 2nd Amendment right?

Exactly. You can still own a gun before you go in, just like we currently have set up. You can continue to own guns after military service, and now you can own a full auto with no special requirements. You would have more people owning firearms than ever before, and you would be removing a large segment of the people committing crimes from being able to do so, at least out in public. You train them and then you have the same mental health assessments that currently exist when you leave.

I could also consider making it the last 1.5 years of HS, since that is worthless nowadays anyways.
FrioAg 00
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11389657/amp/Met-Police-respond-13-405-knife-crimes-Lawless-London-12-months-safe-suburb.html
FrioAg 00
AG
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(vehicular_homicide)
SMM48
AG
Show me driving in the constitution. Dumb comparison
SMM48
AG
Your utopian military wouldn't work. You're assuming that crime in the service would cease to exist. Statistically Crime would occur at the about same rate it does currently. thefts. Drugs. Murder. Assault. Rape. Gamg activity. Folks going awol. And on and on.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SMM48 said:

Your utopian military wouldn't work. You're assuming that crime in the service would cease to exist. Statistically Crime would occur at the about same rate it does currently. thefts. Drugs. Murder. Assault. Rape. Gamg activity. Folks going awol. And on and on.

I'm not. They get tried in a military court then, not our current legal system. Win win.
CStewTAMU
AG
What about raising the age to buy a firearm to and vote to say 25?

If the left wants to compromise, they have to give something equally significant in return.
SMM48
AG
But then they still acquire weapons illegally.

Military for all Idea busted.

Evil doesn't follow the rules.
SMM48
AG
What about no. Shall not be infringed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SMM48 said:

But then they still acquire weapons illegally.

Military for all Idea busted.

Evil doesn't follow the rules.

Yes. And every year they are looking to commit crimes against more and more people who could have an automatic weapon on them and basic operation training on its use at the very least.

If they got busted in the military, then they are going to jail for a long time if a gun is found on them too.
agAngeldad
This isnt about compromising. They will take a little at a time until that have it all.
SMM48
AG
We already have more weapons than people. This military for all idea makes no sense.
FJB24
Choowey said:

Never gets old. (The reasoning skills in this video which is just a singing version of what Joe Biden had to say, before he went senile, about guns though none of it has anything to do with the 2nd amendment).
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SMM48 said:

We already have more weapons than people. This military for all idea makes no sense.

Yes, but a relatively small portion of the population owns most of those. This would increase that greatly.
jt2hunt
AG
No
deddog
AG
SteveA said:

" Tell me you've lived a sheltered existence without telling me you've lived a sheltered existence"
I guess so? I mean, I'm not so afraid of joe Biden knocking on my door that I have an AR beside my bed at all times. How many loaded rifles do you jabs stashed around your place?
I am not afraid of anything.

The reason i have guns is so that the government is afraid of its people.
Besides there is no shortage of feckless , emotional weaklings who will vote away our rights.
eric76
AG
sleepybeagle said:

My father used to walk to school with his 22 and leave it in his school locker.

What's changed?
I met one Ag who was on his high school shooting team and wore his 22 to high school classes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.