Latest attack on DeSantis is he didn't make enough friends in Congress

1,463 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FL_Ag1998
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This one is backfiring. DeSantis isn't a schmoozer and he likes to spend time with his family instead of going out for beers after work and they are going to try and use this as a negative.

Quote:

Politico's widely read "Playbook" newsletter said Friday that it had received a "surprising email" from Trott, in which he recounted sitting "right next" to then-fellow Republican Congressman Ron DeSantis, who is now obviously governor of Florida and a likely presidential candidate. "[H]e never said a single word to me," Trott said in the note. "I was new to Congress, and he didn't introduce himself or even say hello."
The Politico reporter said he called Trott for more details, and Trott giddily provided them. "I go to my first [House Foreign Affairs Committee] hearing early, and DeSantis showed up right at the gavel time and didn't say hello or introduce himself," he said. "And then the next hearing, the same thing happened. I think the third time it happened, I thought, 'Oh, this guy's not ever going to say hello to me.'"
With that memory seared into his brain, Trott concluded that DeSantis is "an -sshole."

This is a man in his 60s admitting that he took note of another man's lack of interest in himself. Trott watched him each day, waiting for the hello that never came. And it weighs on him to this day.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
La Bamba
AG
but but but trump drain the swamp
Gigem314
AG
DeSantis not making a lot of friends in DC is actually a positive for most Republican voters. People said the same thing about Ted Cruz when he first got to the Senate.
MouthBQ98
AG
Weird. I don't expect everyone else I encounter to initiate introductions. I'd say I am responsible for 50% of the effort. So, maybe on the second meeting, it falls on me if there's no introduction, not the other person.
Maroon Dawn
AG
First pudding, now not seeking a guy out to shake his hand.

Truly terrifying
SW-14
AG
Something stopping this dude from introducing himself…?
aggie93
AG
Gigem314 said:

DeSantis not making a lot of friends in DC is actually a positive for most Republican voters. People said the same thing about Ted Cruz when he first got to the Senate.
Yep. The thing about DeSantis and Cruz is they were working class conservatives that went to Ivy League schools. They know what it is like to be surrounded by people who are very different than you and often cannot be trusted. They didn't run for office for the perks, they ran because they wanted to actually get work done. They don't care about winning adulation and getting attention from people simply for the sake of doing so. The personality contrast of Trump and DeSantis couldn't be more clear on that, Trump desperately craves that attention and wants to be the center of attention at all times. DeSantis is there to get a job done but he derives his happiness by spending time with his family.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Old May Banker
AG
SW-14 said:

Trott sounds like a menstruating teenage girl - "HE DIDN'T SAY HI"
Bulldog73
AG
SW-14 said:

Yeah. Betas naturally defer to alphas when it comes to introductions and social niceties. Then whine about the alphas to other betas.
No Spin Ag
A man who prefers his family over politicians and lobbyists? The horror.
93MarineHorn
I can't fathom, as a man, telling an interviewer my feelings were hurt repeatedly because someone didn't go out of their way to say hello to me. Sounds like a 13 year old girl.
DCPD158
AG
Old May Banker said:

SW-14 said:

Trott sounds like a menstruating teenage girl - "HE DIDN'T SAY HI"

Trott was the junior member from what the article mentions. Etiquette says that Trott should have introduce himself at the very least.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
CREAg87
AG
So is this really the best attack they can Trott out?
Keep your rifle by your side
annie88
AG
Gigem314 said:

Same for Trump. Both sides hated him from the get-go.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Secolobo
AG
Sounds familiar.
agz win
AG
He should ignore the political snipes and continue promoting the family.

GOP Camelot 2024
American Hardwood
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Weird. I don't expect everyone else I encounter to initiate introductions. I'd say I am responsible for 50% of the effort. So, maybe on the second meeting, it falls on me if there's no introduction, not the other person.
To me, this is a big red flag for narcissists in my experience. I had an in-law that became very bitter at the end of her life blaming her family members for not making efforts to keep in touch with her (which wasn't true in the beginning), but she had never made the effort herself to reciprocate. She expected everyone to call her, but never made the calls herself. In the end she died blaming everyone else, including her own kids for her isolation and loneliness. Really sad.

But the point is, it is very narcissistic behavior to expect everyone else to come to you and then blame them when they don't. The subject behavior isn't really what they want, it is the validation. In this case, the Congressman isn't really interested in getting to know DeSantis and having a conversation with him, it is having DeSantis validate who he thinks he is by having DeSantis come to him and acknowledge him.

Just my two non-professional two cents worth.
FL_Ag1998
AG
annie88 said:

Gigem314 said:

I appreciate you sticking up for Trump, as usual, but in this case it's Trump himself who is trying to use this as ammunition in his case against Desantis. So what're saying is that once again Trump is spouting off hypocritical B.S. as his case why I shouldn't vote for Desantis. Trump's case for himself gets thinner and more delusional by the day.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Vote for Trump cause he's not an *******!!

/not even his kids
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
annie88
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

annie88 said:

Gigem314 said:

I appreciate you sticking up for Trump, as usual, but in this case it's Trump himself who is trying to use this as ammunition in his case against Desantis. So what're saying is that once again Trump is spouting off hypocritical B.S. as his case why I shouldn't vote for Desantis. Trump's case for himself gets thinner and more delusional by the day.

I couldn't give a rats ass who you vote for, nor would I ever try to influence who you vote for. I'm still not sure who I'm voting for. I likeTrump, but we'll see how things go over the next year.

My only comment was about the comment that said "DeSantis was not making a lot of friends DC which is actually a positive."

That was true about Trump as well. He didn't make a lot of friends in DC either and it a positive for him as well. Unless you want to have revisionist history.

That's literally the only thing I was talking about. You're talking apples to oranges.

But as usual, the TDS in some of you just gets riled when anybody makes any kind of comment on DeSantis.

You guys are gonna have a really rough year and a half.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
FL_Ag1998
AG
annie88 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

annie88 said:

Gigem314 said:

I couldn't give a rats ass who you vote for, nor would I ever try to influence who you vote for. I'm still not sure who I'm voting for. I likeTrump, but we'll see how things go over the next year.

My only comment was about the comment that said "DeSantis was not making a lot of friends DC which is actually a positive."

That was true about Trump as well. He didn't make a lot of friends in DC either and it a positive for him as well. Unless you want to have revisionist history.

That's literally the only thing I was talking about. You're talking apples to oranges.

But as usual, the TDS in some of you just gets riled when anybody makes any kind of comment on DeSantis.

You guys are gonna have a really rough year and a half.

You literally just changed your signature, lol. In your previous post it was
Quote:

Trump 2024. Desantis 2028
Hence why I posited, quite logically, that you plan(ned) on voting for Trump.

It's not TDS to assume that you're sticking up for Trump and trying to compare him to Desantis with a signature like that. Plus, you missed the point - it's TRUMP HIMSELF that's bringing all of these accusations about Desantis being standoffish to the forefront. That simple fact is completely relevant and why trying to compare Trump to Desantis on this matter is hogwash.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.