McDs temp shuts US offices, prepares corp layoff notices

5,377 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Last week, the Chicago-based fast-food chain sent an internal memo to its US employees, informing them that corporate offices would be temporarily shut down during the first half of this week. The email instructed staff to work remotely, allowing management teams to communicate layoff decisions virtually."

LOL because the millenial woke Human Resources managers don't want to have to inform hundreds of employees face to face!

could you imagine working in the cesspool of chicago and then losing your job at McDonalds in an email?

but Biden's economy is "strong as hell".
LMCane
Dies Irae said:

Will be interesting to watch urban youths beat up McDonald's robots at midnight on Worldstar
things have gotten so bad that the local rock radio station this morning in DC was discussing a STABBING of a gangs of girls at the Rio Gaithersburg-

one of the most upscale restaurant centers in the region.

and this is when the economy is "strong as hell"

what happens when the economy becomes not strong as hell?
torrid
AG
I think this is going to be the lasting impact of the pandemic, telling everyone to stay home and mass layoffs by text message.

At one place I worked, they always hired extra security to start patrolling the facility about a week before any scheduled layoffs. No need for that extra expense now.
Tanya 93
Their lobby was not open this morning.

So no egg and cheese McMuffin for me
TxTarpon

Except they are laying off corporate people, not franchise employees.
oh no
AG
TxTarpon said:

Except they are laying off corporate people, not franchise employees.
won't be much need for corporate HR: recruiting / hiring / training / benefits administration will there?

...maybe they need to add some IT developers for their bots... or is that outsourced?
Cromagnum
AG
milner79
rocky the dog said:

McNage a trois ...
torrid
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Their lobby was not open this morning.

So no egg and cheese McMuffin for me
I get McNuthin every day.

edit - And maybe I just made a joke I didn't intend to make.
YouBet
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

YouBet said:

I see zero reason to have anyone taking orders at a McDonald's, but I also never understood why all of those people weren't using the path of least resistance that was right in front of them.
You know the reason, people cannot think independently anymore. We have a bunch of brain dead zombies attached to their phones and social media that tells them what to do.
Agreed but in this case, I'm actually wondering if it's a cultural thing. Most everyone inside was Hispanic and I'm thinking they are leery of the tech even though you can use it in Spanish.
texagbeliever

YouBet said:

I see zero reason to have anyone taking orders at a McDonald's, but I also never understood why all of those people weren't using the path of least resistance that was right in front of them.
You know the reason, people cannot think independently anymore. We have a bunch of brain dead zombies attached to their phones and social media that tells them what to do.

I think people want the human interaction.
Some want it because they can flex power over a perceived inferior.
Some just want a brief conversation from a human, we are social creatures not efficiency optimizing robots.

I think as people become less connected to non-tech world, human interaction will be an experience people will seek out more intentionally.
StandUpforAmerica
texagbeliever said:

YouBet said:

I think people want the human interaction.
Some want it because they can flex power over a perceived inferior.
Some just want a brief conversation from a human, we are social creatures not efficiency optimizing robots.

I think as people become less connected to non-tech world, human interaction will be an experience people will seek out more intentionally.
And some people just like the idea of some basic customer service.
TheMasterplan
It's McDonald's guys. Are y'all really that desperate for human interaction for ****ty fake food?

Buck Turgidson
Let me repeat my question more clearly: Is the McDonalds on University still a gathering spot for mobs of ghetto trash who get in fights and are a threat to innocent people who make the mistake of stopping by there late at night?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.