McDs temp shuts US offices, prepares corp layoff notices

5,367 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/mcdonalds-temporarily-shuts-u-s-offices-as-chain-prepares-for-layoff-notices-36fef317

McDonald's Corp is temporarily closing its US offices this week as it prepares to inform corporate employees about layoffs undertaken by the burger giant as part of a broader company restructuring, the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday.

McDonald's said in an internal email last week to US employees and some international staff that they should work from home from Monday through Wednesday so it can deliver staffing decisions virtually, the report said.

McDonald's employs more than 150,000 people globally in corporate roles and its owned restaurants.

Guess two teas was not enough to deal with Biden's inflation.
aggiephoenix02
This is what happens when your ice cream shake machine is always down…
AlaskanAg99
AG
They're being replaced by robots.
aTm '99
cbr
AG
I guess their robot ai masters are going to fire the humans via tiktok
C@LAg
cbr said:

I guess their robot ai masters are going to fire the humans via tiktok
they have their own version - McTok
Squadron7
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Like the CM's here.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Kenneth_2003
AG
At least in the US, the way their franchise model works they're just as much or more in the real estate business as the burger business.

Not sure about international ownership. They originally owned their Russian locations, though I think over the years they did get franchisees.

I'm sure they've become bloated like every other large corporation though over the years.
Dies Irae
Will be interesting to watch urban youths beat up McDonald's robots at midnight on Worldstar
TyHolden
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

it's always down!!!
StandUpforAmerica
TyHolden said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

it's always down!!!
They deserve this fate after reducing the cheese on their fish sandwich from one slice to half a slice.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Yep, I rarely go to the movie theatres but the War Department informed my that now at Santikos, you have to get your own popcorn. Put it in one side and comes out the other popped. Our son's first job was there when he was 16 and now they are reducing staff for machinery. Thank you minimum wage and lazy ass workers and thank you liberals.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
aggiephoenix02
StandUpforAmerica said:

TyHolden said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

it's always down!!!
They deserve this fate after reducing the cheese on their fish sandwich from one slice to half a slice.
I once tried ordering double cheese hoping they'd just put a normal slice on, but instead they stacked the two rectangle slices on top of each other in the same direction…
Seven Costanza
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

This is an interesting video
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
As soon as they got rid of the 'any size drink for $1' deal, this was bound to be the next escalation.

Trouble at the Golden Arches. McDonald's struggling is frankly the most terrifying signal that the US economy is in shambles.
itsyourboypookie
More DEI cuts.

The DEI staff is the first to go
BTKAG97
AG
rocky the dog said:

There's an off-the-menu item called the McGangBang.

Quote:

McDonalds McGangbang

The "McGangbang" burger is one of McDonald's most famous "secret menu" items. And for good reason! It combines two of the best items from the dollar menu into one perfect burger. Simply order a McDouble and a McChicken. The McChicken Sandwich is placed directly inside of the juicy McDouble, buns and all. So, for $2 you've created a huge tasty sandwich. How tasty does that sound? So, if a normal McDouble doesn't quite fill you up, take a chance by combining a McChicken and a McDouble from McDonalds Secret Menu to create your own McGangbang. In our opinion, the McGangBang is the best bang for your buck. When ordering, don't forget to order a big drink to wash it down!
BigTex83
AG
That's the truth about a shake or cone. I've been in Minnesota on business and grabbed a small burger and the only option was using the kiosk. Takes a lot longer than just telling someone what you want but I think the kiosk is the wave of the future. And using the app for the drive through
ABATTBQ87
AG
techno-ag
AG
Gotta admit they seriously upgraded their coffee and tea a few years ago. Legit.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Maroon Dawn
AG
Strongest, Bestest Economy EVAH
BadMoonRisin
AG
Since we are doing virtual firing now and AI is becoming increasingly realistic, can I be told I'm being laid off by a top less Jennifer Connelly? It might help slightly ease the blow.
C@LAg
BadMoonRisin said:

can I be told I'm being laid off by a top less Jennifer Connelly? It might help slightly ease the blow.
Here you go.. Me, I would have asked for her to be topless, and not top less.

DrEvazanPhD
I haven't set foot in a McDonald's in years. Last one I went to was so freaking ghetto I swore off of them
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Since we are doing virtual firing now and AI is becoming increasingly realistic, can I be told I'm being laid off by a top less Jennifer Connelly? It might help slightly ease the blow.

Career Opportunities Jennifer only.

?noredirect

BadMoonRisin
AG
Hopefully they shut down the University McDonald's where two aggie students were victims of a viscous hate crime in 2012.

Quote:

One of the attackers was sentenced to 90 days in jail for assaulting Ward's male friend. No other arrests were made.
Such a stain on College Station community.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/08/beaten_to_death_at_mcdonalds.html

Quote:

Police were constantly responding to late-night fights, assaults, and disturbances among huge crowds that were mostly black a problem one top police official called a "drain on resources." Most of the reported incidents, some 200 in the three years preceding Ward and Crisp's deaths, involved black-on-black violence by gang bangers and, according to one police officer, members of black college fraternities. One police report described an unidentified man's head getting bashed against a curb. White patrons appeared to be especially susceptible and at risk -- and when they were attacked, the blows were particularly vicious. The hours of 2-to-3 A.M. on Saturdays and Sundays were especially volatile, with at least a dozen fights and assaults reported during those hours in the year preceding these deaths.

For Ward and Giesen, the trouble started seconds after exiting McDonald's front door. "You're in the wrong neck of the woods, cowboys," Giesen recalled a young black male saying.

Unwittingly, they'd blundered into a highly-charged situation. Shortly before they'd arrived, two black males had gotten into a loud argument inside the restaurant. A gun was brandished. But manager Lindsey Ives didn't call the police. She told the men to take their dispute outside.

In an instant, a bloodthirsty mob was upon them.

A fist slammed into Giesen's face. Ward tried to break-up the altercation, according to trial testimony. Instead, he suffered a brutal mob stomping lasting several minutes. Some 20 young black males closed in -- mercilessly kicking and punching his head and body and even jumping on him after he fell to the ground, witnesses said. Giesen was knocked unconscious.

An athletic young man -- 5-foot-6 and 163 pounds -- Ward had a handsome face framed by a mop of rusty brown hair. But after the beating, one witness -- a retired U.S. Marine and one of a few white customers -- said Ward's face was "really messed up"; was "broken" and "mushy" and "just did not look natural."

Bean and Crisp, both 19, rounded the corner of the drive-through to see the mob stomping. The horrified and frightened young women jumped out of the SUV screaming for it to stop. Crisp, Ward's girlfriend, even rushed into the melee, according to trial testimony. Blood poured from Ward's face. Some nearby good-Samaritans, including a few black females, helped the frantic teens lift their dates into the 4Runner's back seat; Ward was unable to speak or walk. Danisha Stern, a trial witness, then told them to "get out of there . . . it's not safe."

Immediately, the terrified girls took that advice -- rather than waiting for police. Bean, Giesen's date, took the wheel with Crisp occupying the front passenger seat. Speeding away, Bean made a frantic across-town dash for an emergency room. She worried somebody from the McDonald's mob might follow and run her off the road.

Ward was drifting in and out of consciousness. Blood was everywhere. Fearing he was slipping away, Crisp frantically climbed into the back seat, kneeling on the floorboard to do what she could -- pushing him back into his seat when he slumped forward. They had been dating three months. The girls were "freaking out," Giesen recalled. "I remember lots of screaming and yelling going on."

Then -- about 10 minutes after speeding away from University McDonald's -- Bean ran a red light. The 4Runner was hit broadside by a Chevy Silverado pick-up, and then spun violently and crashed into a light pole. Ward and Crisp were pronounced dead at the scene; Bean and the Silverado's five occupants were uninjured. Police initially thought Ward and Crisp had died in the crash, and they had considered charging Bean. But pathologists at the negligence trial, both for the plaintiffs and McDonald's, agreed Ward was beaten to death -- the fatal kicks and punches delivered to the lower back of his head and chin.

The mob at McDonald's grew into a frenzy after the couples fled. A police officer arriving at the scene, five minutes later, grabbed his AR-15 assault rifle when he stepped out of his patrol car, fearing he was amid a full-blown riot. It was, he recalled, like "scenes that we have seen multiple times at that McDonald's."

Crisp, a dark-haired beauty from Dripping Springs, a suburb of Austin, wanted to be a nurse. She was a biology major at Blinn College as was Bean, a resident of College Station. Ward, also a student at the junior college, was set to transfer to Texas A&M the next year to study industrial engineering. He had an all-American background in high school: letters in football and baseball; Little League umpire; and a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He and Crisp were from large families.

Giesen was briefly treated at an emergency room; his abdomen bore a boot print. He now suffers bouts of amnesia due to brain trauma.

In College Station, nobody dared to ask if a "hate crime" had possibly occurred. But Stern, the black good-Samaritan, testified that the black mob had piled on Ward in part because he was white; or as she explained: "He was trying to save his friend or stop the attacks...targeted at his friend. And he was a white male so I guess any -- anything that was -- anybody that was not helping the fight, like, adding to the injury or whatever, was seen as an opponent or something, you know."

Police made only one arrest, charging Marcus Jamal Jones -- known to friends as "Plucky" -- in the mob attack. Without outdoor security cameras and uncooperative witnesses, it was no doubt hard to make a case. Last March, Plucky pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and served a 90-day jail sentence.
The more I search for information about this, the more of it has been scrubbed from the internet. If I google trying to get terms, it just pulls up search information about the settlement of $27M from McDonald's Corporation with zero mention of why they paid it out. Most of the hyperlinked sources if you follow the link at the top have been deleted or removed. I graduated in 2008, so I was aware of this when it happened.

More info here:
https://hamiltonwingo.com/featured/mcdonalds-teen-deaths/

And no, Im not Redstone.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Welp, at least she can't report me for pulling a Toobin.
Brutal Puffin
AG
That's okay. I layed off their burgers about 5 decades ago.
Buck Turgidson
Is it still like that?
YouBet
AG
BigTex83 said:

That's the truth about a shake or cone. I've been in Minnesota on business and grabbed a small burger and the only option was using the kiosk. Takes a lot longer than just telling someone what you want but I think the kiosk is the wave of the future. And using the app for the drive through
I had a different experience. Pre-covid I had started going to McDonald's for the first time since high school so 30ish year gap. Reason being is because it was on my way to work, and I discovered I liked their coffee.

Anyway, I started out going through the drive thru, but it became busier and busier, so I decided to go inside one day thinking it might be quicker. What was interesting about this is that the inside was packed as well and everyone was waiting in line to order at the counter.

Meanwhile, there are 2-3 kiosks sitting there not being used. I don't do lines, so I went straight to the kiosk, ordered my breakfast, waited about 3 minutes, order called, I cut everyone waiting in line who hasn't ordered yet to get to front to get my order, and walk out.

I see zero reason to have anyone taking orders at a McDonald's, but I also never understood why all of those people weren't using the path of least resistance that was right in front of them.
Owlagdad
People up north can't say, "dos Big Macs, y papas grande y coca.
AG
YouBet said:

I see zero reason to have anyone taking orders at a McDonald's, but I also never understood why all of those people weren't using the path of least resistance that was right in front of them.
You know the reason, people cannot think independently anymore. We have a bunch of brain dead zombies attached to their phones and social media that tells them what to do.

bloom
Not McD but along the same lines of industry that does not seem to be able to staff consistently, Circle K's self check is awesome. If you have not used one, all your items go on the base of the device and in about 3-5 seconds your itemized total is on the screen. They can go from 2-3 check out employees per shift down to one.

. https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurendebter/2022/06/02/coming-to-stores-a-new-type-of-self-checkout-where-no-scanning-is-required/?sh=34cefe34424c
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.