CA reparations TF demands $800BN up from $640BN for 'initial down-payment'

4,228 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Helicopter Ben
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
93MarineHorn said:

This is so absurd. They can't possibly pay that. They are setting black people up for a big disappointment way worse than Brandon and his stupid college loan forgiveness vote buying scheme. There isn't a single person in power who will simply admit the obvious because it would be career suicide.

"I finally got something I always wanted and that's important. It really is.

I finally got some hostages.

Well, you see so many people with hostages nowadays and you say "Hey, I'd like some, too!" So I've got three of 'em, they're really nice people. We get along great, they're tied in a sack outside at the top of the flagpole. And I'm gonna blow 'em up at midnight, too.

Unless, of course, I get my three demands.
A hundred thousand in cash, getaway car, and I want the letter M stricken from the English language.

See, you have to make one crazy demand, that way, if you get caught, you can plead insanity.

Ha.... Getaway car.
What other gags are there?"

-Steve Martin
Casual Cynic
Why don't we just print infinity dollars? Then we could be rich!
i-miss-the-republic
Do it
Scotty Appleton
ProgN said:

The Green Dragon said:

Member where you were when you first heard "gay marriage"? That's where you are right now.

It's gonna happen. Book it.
Gay marriage costed morals, not money. This is mathematically impossible and would destroy the nation. Even if it did happen, the printing of the dollars to bail them out would make us Zimbabwe.

It's never going to happen and Newsome knows this. He never expected his campaign promise to be called. Hell, it would be cheaper to rebuild the major cities than fund this first down payment.

Yep. The sheer financial stupidity aside it would mean a huge loss of hispanic and asian support and a good chunk of white libs would not be onboard when it hurts them. Imagine a generation of kids growing up with their parents telling them they can't afford to do things for them because they have to fork over money to the black family across the street.
MaxPower
Modern money theory has been working out great for us so far with highest inflation in 30 years and interest rates in 15, why not put the pedal to the metal?
one safe place
Why do some want to get paid for doing nothing? Why do some always play the victim card? Why do some always look for a handout, a pay day?
Old Sarge
AG
California can't afford it. They will write a check for it, that they cannot cover (so to speak), and when they go ultra broke, and their financial demise "threatens" banking and other connections to the US, California will be deemed "too big to fail" and the US Government will bail them out with all of our tax dollars, which will go up to fund this grabastic piece of **** "California Reparations". That's right, you will pay Reparations via your tax dollars because California acted on this. Then precedent will be set, the SCOTUS will be packed, and we'll all pay for it even more by the time the case gets there.

California is going to destroy this country even if all the other things get straightened out, which is not likely at this point. And their spawn is mobilizing throughout the country by the thousands to vote their filth everywhere they move.
"Green" is the new RED.
ProgN

[Personal attacks are out of bounds -- Staff]
ProgN
Old Sarge said:

California can't afford it. They will write a check for it, that they cannot cover (so to speak), and when they go ultra broke, and their financial demise "threatens" banking and other connections to the US, California will be deemed "too big to fail" and the US Government will bail them out with all of our tax dollars, which will go up to fund this grabastic piece of **** "California Reparations". That's right, you will pay Reparations via your tax dollars because California acted on this. Then precedent will be set, the SCOTUS will be packed, and we'll all pay for it even more by the time the case gets there.

California is going to destroy this country even if all the other things get straightened out, which is not likely at this point. And their spawn is mobilizing throughout the country by the thousands to vote their filth everywhere they move.
Imo, this would break the union and red states would leave before paying for this catastrophic mistake.
PCC_80
AG
ProgN said:

Old Sarge said:

Imo, this would break the union and red states would leave before paying for this catastrophic mistake.
Yep, an awful lot of states would be royally pissed if we had to pay to bail out Cali for this stupidity.

Personally I would be for kicking Cali out of the Union instead. I think that a lot of other states would be fine with that approach to the problem. Cali screwed up, let them deal with it on their own.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Learn to swim
Learn to swim
Old Sarge
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Learn to swim
Learn to swim

…see you down in Arizona Bay…
"Green" is the new RED.
B-1 83
AG
Quote:

disproportionate incarceration
Over 90% of inmates are men. When do the women pay up?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Does the state have the authority to do this? I have a hard time believing they do.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Let's say the dollar value is set at $125k.

Couldn't we choose how that is paid out?

Instead of giving Blacks cash money that will get spent on rims and booty implants, couldn't the $125k come in the form of:

Free college education?
125 acres of land between Barstow and Vegas?
Free EV charging?
State Tax discounts?
Kozmozag
It's already happened in some progressive cities. Much smaller amounts, but the window has been opened. Now we are just negotiating. Go for absurd amount, settle for a good amount. I could see a down payment of $50,000, then a payment plan going forward.
Burdizzo
AG
This is like the old joke where the guy talks asks a woman her price for sleeping with him. When she says $10 million thinking he will walk away, he offers her $5 and says, "Now that we have determined you're a prostitute all we have to do is settle on price."

The point of the $8 million / person reparation is not to get people to say no. The point is to get people to say "We can't afford that". Once "no" is no longer part of the discussion then more people are on board with actually paying .

More people need to be saying "We have settled that debt"

This should be non-negotiable.
FrioAg 00
AG
Lol, if you take their current "$5m down payment" and extrapolate it across America - it's only 200 Trillion.

- there was no economic harm, by any standard the courts use, as those descendants of slaves enjoy a higher standard of living than ANY of the descendants of the same countries who were not enslaved, and still live in some of the poorest countries in the world.

- even if there was harm, that would be the primary responsibility of those who enslaved them - which were Arabic Africans from Northern Africa.

- even if you did assign some liability to American taxpayers, it is FAR exceed by the value of compensation already rendered in the form of special economically valuable advantages

So to be more concise - the right answer is "F*** Off!"
Ghost91
Time to buy a bunch of stock in Nike and Samsung…
fka ftc
HollywoodBQ said:

Let's say the dollar value is set at $125k.

Couldn't we choose how that is paid out?

Instead of giving Blacks cash money that will get spent on rims and booty implants, couldn't the $125k come in the form of:

Free college education?
125 acres of land between Barstow and Vegas?
Free EV charging?
State Tax discounts?
Free college education payments are reserved exclusively for rich, white, liberal elitist children.

See student loan bailout plan by Biden and his comrades.

In true lib fashion, all reparations would have to be banked at Newsome First Bank & Trust and can only be spent at the Kamala Family Plantation Store.
Helicopter Ben
ProgN said:

Good. It's been a long time coming and we have nothing in common with these people anymore. There is no compromising. Even if we wanted to, we shouldn't. A little compromise here and a little more there and soon enough we've given up too much freedom and too much of our hard earned wealth to those who never did a damned thing. (Spoiler alert: we've already crossed this line.) The fed gov rules over us from thousands of miles away and we have nothing in common with them either.

Maybe this is a scheme to fracture the populace even further. There are just so many groups who have rightful reason to be outraged if this gets rammed through. And on top of that, I see a lot of infighting coming when one group decides it's not fair and they deserve more reparations than some other group. "My ancestors had it worse!"… "Nuh uh! MINE had it more worse!"
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.