CA reparations TF demands $800BN up from $640BN for 'initial down-payment'

4,226 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Helicopter Ben
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
California reparations taskforce increases amount it is demanding to $800BN from $640BN | Daily Mail Online

Quote:

Black Californians are owed $800 billion for reparations due to generations of over-policing, disproportionate incarceration and housing discrimination, according to economists who are working with the state panel considering the payments.

A previous model, announced earlier this month, estimated that $640 billion would be due in payments to black residents in the Golden State.

In their report, the consultants suggest the state task force 'err on the side of generosity' and consider a down-payment with more money to come as more evidence becomes available.

'It should be communicated to the public that the substantial initial down-payment is the beginning of a conversation about historical injustices, not the end of it,' they said.

The new estimate is more than 2.5 times California's $300 billion annual budget, and does not include a recommended $1 million per older Black resident for health disparities that have shortened their average life span.
"initial down-payment"

Quote:

Nor does the figure count compensating people for property unjustly taken by the government or devaluing Black businesses, two other harms the task force says the state perpetuated.

'We've got to go in with an open mind and come up with some creative ways to deal with this,' said Assembly member Reggie Jones-Sawyer, one of two lawmakers on the task force responsible for mustering support from state legislators and Gov. Gavin Newsom before any reparations could become reality.

In an interview prior to the meeting, Jones-Sawyer said he needed to consult budget analysts, other legislators and the governor's office before deciding whether the scale of payments is feasible.

The statewide estimate includes $246 billion to compensate eligible Black Californians whose neighborhoods were subjected to aggressive policing and prosecution of Black people in the 'war on drugs' from 1970 to 2020.

That would translate to nearly $125,000 for every person who qualifies.

The numbers are approximate, based on modeling and population estimates. The economists also included $569 billion to make up for the discriminatory practice of redlining in housing loans.
This is going to backfire in the progs faces spectacularly. There's no putting this genie back in the bottle. Cities are going to burn when they don't get anything close to their 'demands'. You better get out of the major cities before this gets shot down is all I can tell you.

Detmersdislocatedshoulder
while we are at it why not 800 trillion? they have earned it.
93MarineHorn
This is so absurd. They can't possibly pay that. They are setting black people up for a big disappointment way worse than Brandon and his stupid college loan forgiveness vote buying scheme. There isn't a single person in power who will simply admit the obvious because it would be career suicide.
Señor Chang
AG
I, for one, say they should give it to them. A 10% withholding from every Californians' paycheck sounds like a good place to start.
torrid
AG
So do everyone's taxes get raised to pay reparations to a select group?
Bunk Moreland
Señor Chang said:

I, for one, say they should give it to them. A 10% withholding from every Californians' paycheck sounds like a good place to start.

I agree. I want to see the social experiment in action. The sad part is going to be just how fast all that money is used/spent and how much of it goes right back into the coffers who are already exploiting black Californians. But at least everyone else will get to see it play out in reality.
beanbean
Where the F is all this money going to come from in this propped up sham of an economy and when the dollar is close to collapsing?
javajaws
AG
Joke's on us - they'll pay for it with increased corporate taxes so we'll all be paying an extra couple hundred for our iphones and macbooks.
C@LAg
that does not include the additional $1MM per older black CA for health related disparity, and additional millions for the taking of land/undervaluing of "black" land./property

both are under proposal consideration.
Gateman
AG
The person holding the sign in second picture looks just like the Trans activist from another post that went on a rant calling on people to "beat them, hurt them".
TexasAggiesWin
S
Chappelle already did this skit 20 years ago!

Gaius Julius Bevo
Señor Chang said:

I know you are probably joking but this is a non-starter. The moment any state does this, they will find a way to shift the financial burden to all of us. If they levy this as part of a sales or property tax for example, that is deductible against federal income taxes.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

'It should be communicated to the public that the substantial initial down-payment is the beginning of a conversation about historical injustices, not the end of it,' they said.
800 billion is just 'the beginning of the conversation'.....

Good Gosh Almighty.
Gigem_94
AG
What will happen is California will go broke and convince the federal government to bail them out resulting in all of us paying for such nonsense. I'm sure they know this and are counting on it.
Ghost Mech
I am starting to think someone should figure out a way to create some "historic California residential documentation" for non-Californians to get in on this action.

If you thought the PPP loans were abused.... Good God, the scams and theft from this is going to be freaking epic.
slatermikan
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

while we are at it why not 800 trillion? they have earned it.
Coming to America (9/10) Movie CLIP - Semmi Writes Home (1988) HD - YouTube

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Can you imagine the impact this will have just on housing?
Ag87H2O
AG

In their report, the consultants suggest the state task force 'err on the side of generosity' and consider a down-payment with more money to come as more evidence becomes available.

This right here tells you if you start paying reparations and let the camel get its nose in the tent, this will never end. There will be one grievance after another and the list will expand every time the money starts to run out.

What California politicians should be saying.
PA24
AG
Its not about money.

Eventually, the so called reckoning will be met with a deadly force.
IslanderAg04
We already have too many recording studios and alcohol labels.
PCC_80
AG
I expect that this will eventually come to the Federal Level. They will say it is not fair that Cali is going to pay reparations but so many other states are not. There will then be calls for the Fed Govt to do Reparations across the country. Cali will then quietly drop their plan because the Feds will do it.

They might also say that the Southern States should pay all the Reparations because of the Civil War. So maybe they will want a huge tax on all the Southern States to punish the South for slavery. Same goes for possibly creating a White Persons Tax. Or maybe a tax on White People living in the Southern States.

Newsome may run for President promising to do Reparations if he is elected.

I doubt that anyone will ever see a cent. But, an awful lot of people are going to be pissed and blame the other race.
fka ftc
Spirit Airlines about to be offering First Class to Miami flights. Giddy up (in the sky).
doubledog
Put it to a vote in CA.

800B reparations tied to say a 20% per person extra income tax (Including welfare and food stamp income) per year for however long it takes. Let' see if CA voters would support it.

Muktheduck
Ag87H2O said:

This right here tells you if you start paying reparations and let the camel get its nose in the tent, this will never end. There will be one grievance after another and the list will expand every time the money starts to run out.

What California politicians should be saying.

We started paying reparations a very long time ago. You've already seen the grievance list expand to every conceivable quibble (organized pantries are keeping black people down!).

There's already been trillions doled out, what's one more?
ProgN
beanbean said:

Where the F is all this money going to come from in this propped up sham of an economy and when the dollar is close to collapsing?

This best represents the members on the reparations committee.

Their demands are economically unfeasible, and that's why it's never going to happen. Newsome greenlighting this committee for an election that he wouldn't have ever lost was a YUGE miscalculation and it's going to burn him.
TxTarpon
Hey Progy

You know what would be hilarious?

If this guy volunteered to pay these reparations, but those who take the cash had to download an app.

Great way to further divide America and give people a chance to buy more Chinese slave made products.
ProgN
TxTarpon said:

Hey Progy

You know what would be hilarious?

If this guy volunteered to pay these reparations, but those who take the cash had to download an app.

Great way to further divide America and give people a chance to buy more Chinese slave made products.
If $800B is the 'initial down-payment', I don't even think China has enough money to pay it.
ProgN
Gigem_94 said:

What will happen is California will go broke and convince the federal government to bail them out resulting in all of us paying for such nonsense. I'm sure they know this and are counting on it.
This would dissolve the union.

This is a golden opportunity for DeSantis to destroy Newsome and say that Florida will never bailout Cali or any state that brought this upon themselves. He should also challenge Newsome by asking how he expects to pay for these reparations that will require his signature. Then ask him if he is going to sign it. Put his arrogant ass on the record for all the Californians to hear, especially those that are already counting on this yellow brick road trip to being wealthy.

Like I said, I expect parts of major cities in California to burn when nothing comes to them.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Blacks from all over will flock to Cali and demand reparations and defy the Cali government to tell them they're not eligible

It's going to be spectacular
YouBet
AG
Quote:

'We've got to go in with an open mind and come up with some creative ways to deal with this,' said Assembly member Reggie Jones-Sawyer, one of two lawmakers on the task force responsible for mustering support from state legislators and Gov. Gavin Newsom before any reparations could become reality.

In an interview prior to the meeting, Jones-Sawyer said he needed to consult budget analysts, other legislators and the governor's office before deciding whether the scale of payments is feasible.
He needs to consult with others to determine this? I will charge them $1M for my consulting services to answer this question immediately:

Analysis:
$800,000,000,000 - Cash payments to blacks
$300,000,000,000 - California's Budget

($500,000,000,000) - Deficit from cash payments to blacks
($###,###,###,###) - TBD cash payments to blacks

($###,###,###,###) - TBD grand Total of cash payments to blacks

Conclusion:
Analysis clearly shows that California can't afford a down payment to pay blacks for mythical grievances much less the unknown and to be determined future cash payments for mythical grievances. To do so, would bankrupt the state.

Mr. Jones-Sawyer, I will invoice you tomorrow. Thank you.
TefIon Don
AG
Hope this passes. A magnificent side effect would be that all AA would move to California to collect on their reparations.
beanbean
TefIon Don said:

Hope this passes. A magnificent side effect would be that all AA would move to California to collect on their reparations.
Imagine the juggings that will happen from the people who are told they don't qualify against the people who get paid.
TefIon Don
AG
They should have live stream feeds around all banks.
Robert L. Peters
Member where you were when you first heard "gay marriage"? That's where you are right now.

It's gonna happen. Book it.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
ProgN
The Green Dragon said:

Member where you were when you first heard "gay marriage"? That's where you are right now.

It's gonna happen. Book it.
Gay marriage costed morals, not money. This is mathematically impossible and would destroy the nation. Even if it did happen, the printing of the dollars to bail them out would make us Zimbabwe.

It's never going to happen and Newsome knows this. He never expected his campaign promise to be called. Hell, it would be cheaper to rebuild the major cities than fund this first down payment.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.