Houston's chickens are coming home to roost.

4,636 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gigem314
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee says she plans to run for Houston mayor (nbcnews.com)

Quote:

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee said Sunday that she plans to run for mayor of Houston later this year, shaking up an already crowded race.

Jackson Lee announced her decision to run for mayor while speaking City Cathedral Church in Houston on Sunday, which the Houston Chronicle first reported. She's served in the House since 1995 and before that sat on Houston's city council.

"I hope I've been a humble servant for you for 28 years. Many of you are in my district," the longtime congresswoman said, according to video of her remarks. "Sheila Jackson Lee wants to come home to be your mayor for the city of Houston. I will not be able to do it without each and every one of you."

Jackson Lee's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The current mayor, Sylvester Turner, cannot run for re-election due to term limits.

Jackson Lee, could still run for re-election to Congress if she loses the mayor's race in November. But if she wins, her victory would open up a deeply Democratic district, which includes Houston and parts of the surrounding area.
I can't wait to listen to Michael Berry's show this evening.
Rex Racer
AG
Guess she wants to retire?
Serotonin
AG
She sees the level of grift that Dem presidents, governors, and mayors get and wants a piece of the action.
CREAg87
AG
How'd you beat heisbot2012 to this news?
Keep your rifle by your side
Irish 2.0
Houston's only hope is Whitmire. He is a pretty moderate democrat that has the backing of Tillman, Mattress Mack, and several prominent GOP members that were backing Mealer.
Psycho Bunny
ProgN said:

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee says she plans to run for Houston mayor (nbcnews.com)

Quote:

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee said Sunday that she plans to run for mayor of Houston later this year, shaking up an already crowded race.

Jackson Lee announced her decision to run for mayor while speaking City Cathedral Church in Houston on Sunday, which the Houston Chronicle first reported. She's served in the House since 1995 and before that sat on Houston's city council.

"I hope I've been a humble servant for you for 28 years. Many of you are in my district," the longtime congresswoman said, according to video of her remarks. "Sheila Jackson Lee wants to come home to be your mayor for the city of Houston. I will not be able to do it without each and every one of you."

Jackson Lee's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The current mayor, Sylvester Turner, cannot run for re-election due to term limits.

Jackson Lee, could still run for re-election to Congress if she loses the mayor's race in November. But if she wins, her victory would open up a deeply Democratic district, which includes Houston and parts of the surrounding area.
I can't wait to listen to Michael Berry's show this evening.
AGHouston11
AG
Michael B covered this a few weeks ago on his show. I thought it might be a reach but I guess he was right. He said Turner wants someone to cover for all his deals. So he will support her. I believe he also said Turner would run for her position and she'd support him.

He also pointed out that in Houston city limits she will likely win.
Ryan the Temp
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Michael B covered this a few weeks ago on his show. I thought it might be a reach but I guess he was right. He said Turner wants someone to cover for all his deals. So he will support her. I believe he also said Turner would run for her position and she'd support him.
Turner is widely expected to endorse Whitmire.
Quote:

She will not.
My Name Is Judge
She wants that Sly Turner money

Mamma got expensive taste
Irish 2.0
AGHouston11 said:

She can't support Turner as she has groomed her dumbass daughter to take that seat when she left it.
Flying Crowbar
AG
Is there anything that would prevent her from serving as both mayor and representative at the same time? With her hubris, I could see her thinking she could do that. And with her supporters, I could see them agreeing.
cypress-ag
AG
She would make Lori Lightfoot look like the Rudy Guiliani of Chicago! She a derailed train into a chemical plant bad and would take Houston down further.
CanyonAg77
AG
What did Houston ever do to her?
Satellite of Love
She'll make Out of Town Brown look like a clean and non-corrupt mayor.
halfastros81
AG
You get what you deserve Houston voters . This just
Might be a bigger embarrassment than Hidalgo as county judge if it were to happen.
TriAg2010
AG
In the last twelve months, City of Houston has managed:

- Multiple boil water notices
- No yard waste collection from December - February
- An international airport whose main terminal was often inaccessible to vehicle traffic

Bunch of ****ing idiots top to bottom.
usmcbrooks
So, Houston will become the new Chicago?
Psycho Bunny
usmcbrooks said:

Where have you been, Houston is already Chicago.
TheEternalPessimist
She is a literal walking evil disaster.

Cursed she is for her EVIL policy advocation.

One of the absolute worst people ever in Congress.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
TheCurl84
AG
I thought Babe's Chicken Dinner House was expanding.
doubledog
CanyonAg77 said:

What did Houston ever do to her?
Aren't there any northeast cities that want her? Please...
ABATTBQ87
AG
I hope I've been a humble servant for you for 28 years

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

usmcbrooks said:

And Chicago is the new Ben Ghazi
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Psycho Bunny
Fightin_Aggie said:

Psycho Bunny said:

usmcbrooks said:

And Chicago is the new Ben Ghazi
That's New Orleans.
EMY92
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

I hope I've been a humble servant for you for 28 years

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I was going to post this. She needs to learn the definition of humble.
Old May Banker
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

Is there anything that would prevent her from serving as both mayor and representative at the same time? With her hubris, I could see her thinking she could do that. And with her supporters, I could see them agreeing.

I don't believe she can legally hold two elected offices at the same time. If she won mayoral race, she'd be forced to resign congressional seat.
annie88
AG
halfastros81
AG
How is it that someone as stupid as her hasn't slipped up and gotten caught on the dole? It seems like it wouldn't be very hard.
fc2112
Irish 2.0
halfastros81 said:

How is it that someone as stupid as her hasn't slipped up and gotten caught on the dole? It seems like it wouldn't be very hard.

She has been. She's laundering money through her daughters consulting company. Same that Maxine Waters does
DrEvazanPhD
Irish 2.0 said:

halfastros81 said:

She has been. She's laundering money through her daughters consulting company. Same that Maxine Waters does

Her constituency is also one of the dumbest and least educated in the city of Houston, and that is saying something.
NoahAg
She will likely win.
Let's go, Brandon!
Ryan the Temp
AG
NoahAg said:

She will likely win.
No, she will not.
mustang1234
My Name Is Judge said:

She wants that Sly Turner money

Mamma got expensive taste
I bet her and Slick Syl swap cities if she wins
mustang1234
Old May Banker said:

Flying Crowbar said:

I don't believe she can legally hold two elected offices at the same time. If she won mayoral race, she'd be forced to resign congressional seat.
no.
but she does not have to give up her office unless she wins the mayors race
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.