Biden to target trucks, and your ACs through EOs.

12,200 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by NE PA Ag
Ag-Yoakum95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Kerry has the most punchable face in history

That pretty much goes for any liberal.
aggiehawg
AG
Ag-Yoakum95 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Kerry has the most punchable face in history

That pretty much goes for any liberal.
You have to punch him hard to get past all of the silicone and implants. His face is a catcher's mask without the grid but all of the padding.
CanyonAg77
AG
PCC_80 said:

I also have a real problem with a bunch of politicians and career bureaucrats ignoring engineers, scientist and the laws of physics and just setting efficiency standards that are pulled out of their asses that are ridiculously unattainable. For example the latest fuel efficiency standards for cars and trucks from the Brandon Admin are simply and completely unpossible to meet.

Science denier
Gunny456
AG
PCC_80
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I also have a real problem with a bunch of politicians and career bureaucrats ignoring engineers, scientist and the laws of physics and just setting efficiency standards that are pulled out of their asses that are ridiculously unattainable. For example the latest fuel efficiency standards for cars and trucks from the Brandon Admin are simply and completely unpossible to meet.
Obama era "experts" thought they could repeal the laws of thermodynamics.

You think any of them have been educated since then?
No, I doubt it.

It greatly annoys me that Politicians and Bureaucrats (who mostly majored in Political Science and most can not even balance a checkbook) completely ignore engineers, scientist, mathematicians and industry experts and even the basic laws of physics and just arbitrarily set requirements/goals that they have been told are unpossible.

The same goes with them ignoring economics, finance, math, accounting and basic money management when they set tax and spending plans.

Most of these idiots could not profitably run a taco truck.
DallasAg 94
ProgN
Manhattan said:

ProgN said:

I'd be happy if all these idiots and their voters died of dehydration and heatstroke in August.

I voted for Biden, so just so we are clear, you hope I die of dehydration and heatstroke in August?
You and I despise one another but to answer your question, yes. If you've bought into the climate change propaganda and voted for the government to control everyone and support a faceless bureaucrat in DC controlling your AC, then yes, you should reap the 'reward' for your vote.
File5
Manhattan
That is a strawman argument of what the administration is doing… you can have an AC, just don't buy an inefficient one going forward.
TexAgs91
AG
How does such an unpopular president* that everyone thinks is tarded have so much power?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Burnsey
AG
What become of gas stations after 2035? Do most of them go out of business?
Ag87H2O
AG
"At the beginning of the interview though, Kerry was asked about Biden's Inflation Reduction Act, or IRA, noting that it is only projected to reach a 40% reduction in carbon emissions by the end of the decade, shy by about 10% of the president's goal."

"Well, we're doing a lot more than just the IRA. The IRA is a package that in and of itself can get the 40%," Kerry said. "But in addition to that, the president is issuing executive orders. There'll be changes on automobile, on light truck, heavy truck, heavy duty, a number of initiatives that are being taken by states, subnational, cities…"

Idiots. You start messing much with standards for light and heavy duty trucks, and you'll get all the inflation you want and then some. Every small business, construction firm, and transportation company out there will be hit with higher costs that will ripple throughout the economy just like when fuel prices went up.

The Inflation Reduction Act may be the most misleading title of a bill in history outside the Affordable Care Act.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Viper16 said:

When are the House Republicans going to impeach this demented fool!
You still think politicians represent you?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Manhattan said:

That is a strawman argument of what the administration is doing… you can have an AC, just don't buy an inefficient one going forward.

Define inefficient.
Aggie Infantry
AG
EOs can be overturned / nullified by the next POTUS
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

EOs can be overturned / nullified by the next POTUS

EOs should be eliminated unless pre-authorized by Congress for a limited amount of time (i.e. war powers act). And all EOs should automatically be rescinded at the end of that time period.

We don't have a King. No single man should be allowed to create law. If the EO is that great of an idea, vote on it.

Government sucks, it should be extremely hard to enact a law.
nortex97
AG
This is part of the reason I'm taking my time with our next vehicle purchase. It could be the last cycle of decent vehicles offered for sale to consumers with real engines/powertrains that work well. An ability to disable stop-start is something that is a requirement for me, and I want to know the mfg isn't going to just disappear/only be selling (and servicing) golf carts in a few years.
DrEvazanPhD
Funky Winkerbean said:

Manhattan said:

Define inefficient.

This. This particular poster can't do that. And probably has no clue about how ****ty "energy efficient" appliances are.

I'm assuming everyone here has a fairly modern dishwasher. Mine runs a 2.25 hour cycle, and the dishes are never dry, even with the extra dry setting. The old dishwasher that came our house did a whole
cycle in 40 minutes, and the dishes came out clean and bone dry.

How is the new one more efficient?
MouthBQ98
AG
F these sanctimonious sociopaths and their idiot religion. The planet actually could use some global warming.
The Fife
DrEvazanPhD said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Manhattan said:

Define inefficient.

This. This particular poster can't do that. And probably has no clue about how ****ty "energy efficient" appliances are.

I'm assuming everyone here has a fairly modern dishwasher. Mine runs a 2.25 hour cycle, and the dishes are never dry, even with the extra dry setting. The old dishwasher that came our house did a whole
cycle in 40 minutes, and the dishes came out clean and bone dry.

How is the new one more efficient?
The new dishwasher I put into the house I lived in at the time (2010) never could dry dishes, nor could I leave the door closed very long afterwords because it would start getting funky in there. It looked nicer than the old one but that was it. Sucks that the Whirlpool with the harvest gold panel on the front my parents bought in 1983 and the grubby looking white one that I replaced could dry dishes but somehow they new one couldn't because they weren't allowed to have a heating element at the bottom anymore.

The one I have now does dry dishes but for as much as what a Miele costs it'd damn well better.
MouthBQ98
AG
The progressive left seems to be in denial regarding the fundamental concept of diminishing returns. Each marginal increase towards a goal approaching an infinite or zero limit function will be exponentially more costly to implement. It is NOT linear, and their primitive leftist brains don't seem to comprehend or seem eager to ignore this very significant fact and it's implications.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Its death by a thousand cuts. Keep chipping away at everything till nothing is left. Its all part of the plan. Wanna know what is next? Taxing usage of airline miles, means testing of 401Ks and more regulating of smart thermostats to control how you use it in your home.
MouthBQ98
AG
We should implement a "you first" policy: all progressives at every level of income must adopt the rules and conditions they expect everyone else to live by for a full decade before they can be considered for universal implementation in order to demonstrate the validity and feasibility of the solution. There is no opt out based on wealth or class. They must all be the experimental group while the rest of us will be the control group, and if it works, then we might consider it.

How about that?

The you first policy.
v1rotate92
AG
F you Biden. I will not give up my F250 nor my F350 dually.
87IE
AG
Manhattan said:

ProgN said:

I'd be happy if all these idiots and their voters died of dehydration and heatstroke in August.

I voted for Biden, so just so we are clear, you hope I die of dehydration and heatstroke in August?
Reading comprehension would help you out...

He didn't indicate he "hoped you die" he stated he'd be happy if they did.

Make sure you make the distinction when you run off to staff because your feelings were hurt.
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
Hungry Ojos
Manhattan said:

you can have an AC, just don't buy an inefficient one going forward.

How about I buy whatever the **** I want and if you don't like it, come do something about it.
CanyonAg77
AG
Manhattan said:

How about we keep the government out of it and let the market take care of it.

If someone develops an air conditioner that uses significantly less energy, people are going to buy it.

No need for the nanny state to force it.
Cromagnum
AG
Manhattan said:

"Just don't buy an inefficient AC"
"Just don't buy a gas stove"
"Just don't buy an ICE vehicle"
And so on...
Fenrir
Manhattan said:

They've already regulated out inefficient AC units. We've long since hit the point of diminishing returns and the fact they're trying to claim that we can regulate efficiency to save consumers money at this point is beyond asinine that it takes a mentally disabled person to buy into it.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Manhattan said:

Lol don't forget it's going to cost 3 times as much to save 10 cents of electricity. Enjoy the 100 year payback on a 10 year asset
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

Manhattan said:

"Just don't buy an inefficient AC"
"Just don't buy a gas stove"
"Just don't buy an ICE vehicle"
And so on...

And remember you can only afford 1 of the three
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
nortex97
AG
Fenrir said:

Manhattan said:

They've already regulated out inefficient AC units. We've long since hit the point of diminishing returns and the fact they're trying to claim that we can regulate efficiency to save consumers money at this point is beyond asinine that it takes a mentally disabled person to buy into it.
Exactly. The next new hot BS idea is forcing us to use carbon dioxide as a coolant/refrigerant. Weird way to save the planet from global warming but none of their ideas make any actual sense.
Beast of Burden
Manhattan said:

ProgN said:

Votes for dumbass administration and policies, plays victim over dumbass administration and policies.
45-70Ag
usmcbrooks
Cromagnum said:

You take AC away from the south, and asses will be kicked hard.
Damn right. It was over 105, every day for 6 weeks in Abilene last summer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.