GPT-4 releases today and of course it has 82% more censorship

6,775 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Adverse Event
Four Seasons Landscaping
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Chatcpt isnt even an AI, its an advanced search engine.
Nah. Not my experience at all. That's like saying a college graduate is just an advanced librarian.

There's no search engine, advanced or not, that will write several hundred lines of code that are customized to a specific situation and actually work. That's not what search engines do. ChatGPT is creating new IP, not just pointing you in the direction of a website that will answer your question.

I have a feeling some of you guys calling it a search engine haven't been exposed to its real power.
Nanomachines son
whytho987654 said:

Nanomachines son said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Adverse Event said:

Nanomachines son said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

A bunch of white collar folks looked down on store checkout clerks as self-check-out lanes distilled 6 human works into a single slightly more advanced job.

Now many white collar folk will receive similar treatment. One worker who can spend their time writing prompts and checking / tweaking GPT outputs may eliminate the need for numerous peers.

It doesn't eliminate the need for a human - but does change the nature of the work for those who remain.

Chopping a couple rungs off of the professional developmental ladder will have some interesting ramifications as well.

Yep. It doesn't have to replace everyone for it to cause serious problems, just enough to slash the white collar workforce in half.

Hopefully that frees up human potential innovation and those folks who get dropped figure out new methods of contributing value rather than sucking value out of the system.

This is where UBI comes into play. If love a UBI based on Proof of Work.
It's amazing how the work-less future never materializes. I have little doubt that the demand for human workers will both persist and continue to evolve in nature.

I always like how people post these things without a single but of awareness about what is really going on. It's pure copium that it will somehow work out for people. "Oh jobs will redefine themselves and we'll figure out something."

Oh really smart guy, by all means please tell what normal people will be able to do when these programs have replaced 3/4s of the white collar jobs? You really think they will need people for basic jobs when these stuff is going to start replacing lawyers and engineers, aka jobs that require significantly higher IQs on the whole?

We have the WEF already saying we won't need nearly as many people in the future. Perhaps they are right, but it's going to be a world of pain as society comes to grips with the fact that there won't be many options for people to actually work outside of blue collar skilled labor.

I cannot honestly believe people can look at these videos and think it will just work out for regular people.

It's getting > 90 percentile on all major standardized tests. Do I really need to spell this out? How can you be this naive? That's why I keep making these posts. You must learn to use this stuff or else you will be left far behind the curve.
Getting 90th percentile on tests and real world applications are two different ballgames. Just think of all the times you need to interact with a human for a problem asap when talking to automated banks and other services. Highly intelligent humans will still be needed, AI is limited by those who code it.

Have you see the videos of AI created conversations? If you can combine ChatGPT with AI voice then you can solve most of the automated system issue online already. That is, these issues can be fixed now, not in the future. You still aren't getting it.
jt2hunt
AG
Will this not just create a homogenous thought for all in society? How the hell is an independent thinker going to evolve with Chad GPT?
TRADUCTOR
The ai is godless, and will always be artificial.
fka ftc
GeorgiAg said:

AI scares the crap out of me.
So does Trump. I think that undermines your credibility to some extent, no?
Nanomachines son

No you see it can't do abstract concepts, only a human can do this! It can't just explain a complex situati…
Nanomachines son
jt2hunt said:

Will this not just create a homogenous thought for all in society? How the hell is an independent thinker going to evolve with Chad GPT?

This was already mostly gone anyway, the internet becoming widespread destroyed this. Modern philosophy is a joke.
BigRobSA
Nanomachines son said:

This was already mostly gone anyway, the internet becoming widespread destroyed this.

****ing Al Gore!!!!1
Adverse Event

What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
Adverse Event
This is pretty interesting thread. Prompts HustleAI to be an entrepreneurial ai and gives it a budget of $100 to grow as large as possible.

Now priced at $25k from investments from the livetweetinf.

What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

Tex117
AG
ttu_85 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Renders lawyers on the ash-heap of history.

Nah.

Can it pass a multiple choice bar exam? Sure. But AI is far from actually being able to practice law. There is a huge difference.

Can AI do doc review and a bunch of low level stuff? Yeah, probably.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
bmks270
AG
AI can't invent new ways to do things, yet.

Adverse Event
Prove it.

Squadron7
AG
Quote:

ChatGPT is a glorified search engine and writing program that is fully subject to its programming. It does not think for itself nor can it create anything outside of its programming and the data it can find online.

So...basically identical to 85% of college graduates now days.
Nanomachines son
bmks270 said:

AI can't invent new ways to do things, yet.

Evolutionary programming has already done this in engineering so yes it can.
TexAgs91
AG
Google and Microsoft are building in AIs like ChatGPT into their products. In Word or Google Docs, you'll just tell it what to write about.

So there's going to be all this content online that has been generated by AI. And the "neat" thing is, you can use ChatGPT to read it for you and summarize it.

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Loren Visser
lb3 said:

Manhattan said:

GeorgiAg said:

Just wait until China gets this good and better.
They have been stealing technology in AI for years. In many areas they are days behind the west.
fify
If the pay's right, and it's legal, I'll do it...Well, if the pay's right, I'll do it.
Adverse Event
YUUUGE

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.