never thought I'd see this in Texas

6,873 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
MizzMac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Quote:

never thought I'd see this in Texas

City of Houston had one just a couple of months ago, it was widely covered in the news and we talked about it on the Houston board, where you also post. Pretty sure you thought you'd see this in Texas.

My constable announced a cookie takeback program, so anyone in possession of dangerously sugary, highly addictive Girl Scout cookies could turn them in to any Pct 5 deputy, no questions asked.
You'll get my Thin Mints when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the box.
Nitro Power
AG
They should probably focus on spending that money preventing the state from taking over everything, HISD, jail, etc...
SMM48
AG
The last buyback sucked and they know it
Ginormus Ag
AG
My 3D printer going to go bbrrrrrrrr.
redaszag99
I think they had them in Houston in the '80s when we had 700 murders
Kenneth_2003
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

My 3D printer going to go bbrrrrrrrr.
They won't take homemade guns. They learned that lesson the last time when they got to hand out gift cards for some 2x4 and iron pipe contraptions.

Since they aren't paying for them, I wouldn't risk them not falling under the "no questions asked" mantra and coming out with a nice felony charge for you for unlicensed manufacture.
rafjaf
AG
Fitch
AG
Deplorable said:

Harris County isn't really Texas

Other than it's 16% of the state population and is bigger than 25 other states….
TheEternalPessimist
Deplorable said:

I am not sure about that anymore -- I believe the election for county judge was stolen and Lena is illegitimate.

The state should intervene.
Burdizzo
AG
Does an AR lower count as a nonfunctional gun or a semiautomatic rifle?
IslanderAg04
Should go trade in my potato gun.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Well poop!
Showertime at the Bidens
Win At Life
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

So, if I say my firearm is functioning, but they tell me it's not, do I load a round in the chamber right there and prove them wrong?
Fairview
AG
Nattie said:

Sounds like a good time to hang out in that park's lot and buy some guns.

You know the county is not paying even half what they are worth.

Someone tried and they threatened to arrest him.

aggieforester05
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Henry 22LR Semi Auto Rifle for $119

For the $200 gift card that's a hell of a quick return on your investment. Buy ten rifles, then go home with an extra $750 or so depending on the limit.
Chef Elko
AG
The money for the buybacks came from the federal government too. Our tax dollars are directly going to this under some BS pandemic "emergency" funds given to Harris county.
Chef Elko
AG
Also "no ghost guns" is lol. Aren't those the most dangerous ones!!!!1!1!!??
Secolobo
AG
This thought process originated from California. Actually had an officer parrot that statement during their buy back.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

You'll get peace of mind and a gift card.
The peace that comes from knowing that the government and other criminals will be able to do anything they want and there will be no way to defend against it. But enjoy that sweet gift card...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Gun buyback programs have existed since the Middle Ages. Nothing novel here
10thYrSr
DrEvazanPhD said:

Rapier108 said:

Then you haven't been paying attention.

Leftist cities/counties have been doing this for years.

The no ghost guns thing is new because people have been making homemade guns for next to nothing and then making bank by turning them in.

I will say this, if you have a non-functional firearm that has no value, either $$$ or personal, and it isn't worth repairing, its a good way to dispose of it and get something for an otherwise worthless object.

What exactly is a ghost gun?

Ghost guns are many guns that are not given a serial number in their production.

For instance you can buy an 80 percent complete lower for an AR-15. Meaning that the lower group is the point that gets stamped with a serial number. So you can buy this lower and drill the final holes in it and make it fully functional. Bypassing the need for a serial number.
Faustus
TheEternalPessimist said:

Deplorable said:

I am not sure about that anymore -- I believe the election for county judge was stolen and Lena is illegitimate.

The state should intervene.

All state-wide offices are held by the good guys. If illegitimate surely they'll intervene unless they're compromised somehow or Deep State.

Regardless it would be nice to include Texas' most populous cities as part of Texas. Otherwise it's a bevy of Wacos and Lubbocks who have to pass for the urban enemies. .

Sure those cities can still be blockaded, but it's not the same.
TxAgPreacher
S
Deplorable said:

If we don't stop it, it soon will be. The rest of Texas will follow. Raise your kids right. Teach your grandchildren. Do not fail to pass the torch.
Catag94
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

Deplorable said:

If we don't stop it, it soon will be. The rest of Texas will follow. Raise your kids right. Teach your grandchildren. Do not fail to pass the torch.

This! If we as a society don't soon prioritize preserving what made this country the greatest by teaching our young it's foundational values, she is domed. At this point this likely means drastic changes like committing to home school, which calls for discourse from today's "normal" views.
It is either truly important to us or it's is not.
And this is just to keep America, America! On a deeper level, if we could somehow return, as a society, to a devotion to Christ, then America once again be a light amount nations.
TRADUCTOR
Russia should try this buyback thing on Ukraine.
stetson
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Who's to say I don't rob 3 houses on the way to this buy back event and turn in stolen guns

1. Commit murder with guns
2. Do not throw guns into bayou or ship channel
3. Turn guns into LE
4. Profit
FJB
zephyr88
AG
Deplorable said:

Overall...
City of Houston is a sanctuary city of filth.
Harris County is a liberal bastion.
But Fort Bend County... it's like the third world.
Ag with kids
AG
Fairview said:

Nattie said:

Sounds like a good time to hang out in that park's lot and buy some guns.

You know the county is not paying even half what they are worth.

Someone tried and they threatened to arrest him.

Translation: We have no problem breaking the law to punish you for following the law.
Ag with kids
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Rapier108 said:

Then you haven't been paying attention.

Leftist cities/counties have been doing this for years.

The no ghost guns thing is new because people have been making homemade guns for next to nothing and then making bank by turning them in.

I will say this, if you have a non-functional firearm that has no value, either $$$ or personal, and it isn't worth repairing, its a good way to dispose of it and get something for an otherwise worthless object.

What exactly is a ghost gun?
https://www.military.com/video/guns/rifles/anti-gun-senators-embarrassing-slip/3100968150001
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.