never thought I'd see this in Texas

6,853 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nitro Power
AG
This is the third one they have had....
Deplorable
Harris County isn't really Texas
Rapier108
Then you haven't been paying attention.

Leftist cities/counties have been doing this for years.

The no ghost guns thing is new because people have been making homemade guns for next to nothing and then making bank by turning them in.

I will say this, if you have a non-functional firearm that has no value, either $$$ or personal, and it isn't worth repairing, its a good way to dispose of it and get something for an otherwise worthless object.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
DrEvazanPhD
Rapier108 said:

The no ghost guns thing is new because people have been making homemade guns for next to nothing and then making bank by turning them in.

I will say this, if you have a non-functional firearm that has no value, either $$$ or personal, and it isn't worth repairing, its a good way to dispose of it and get something for an otherwise worthless object.

What exactly is a ghost gun?
MarathonAg12
Nice try Mayor Turner!
MarathonAg12
A privately made gun that is essentially "off the record" or untraceable.
Only Fans Director
Sounds like a good time to hang out in that park's lot and buy some guns.

You know the county is not paying even half what they are worth.
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
MarathonAg12

MarathonAg12
Lol and you can offer them cash and they will do it in a heart beat
GAC06
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Rapier108 said:

What exactly is a ghost gun?

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-3D-printed-gun-buyback-program-17345782.php
Aglaw97
AG
They do this yet the local DA, who is Democrat, has voiced concerns that the no questions asked impedes criminal investigations and the head of the police union calls it virtue signaling.
MarathonAg12
Who's to say I don't rob 3 houses on the way to this buy back event and turn in stolen guns
Aglaw97
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Who's to say I don't rob 3 houses on the way to this buy back event and turn in stolen guns

Exactly. Or bring them in from other counties and thus "destroy" evidence no questions asked. We can debate the merits of this, but allowing people to run in guns without asking questions is just silly.
MarathonAg12
Aglaw97 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Exactly. Or bring them in from other counties and thus "destroy" evidence no questions asked. We can debate the merits of this, but allowing people to run in guns without asking questions is just silly.

Dang solid idea.

Murder someone in Dallas and Austin. Get rid of the murder weapon via the Buy Back Program.

Thanks for the advice
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

never thought I'd see this in Texas

City of Houston had one just a couple of months ago, it was widely covered in the news and we talked about it on the Houston board, where you also post. Pretty sure you thought you'd see this in Texas.

My constable announced a cookie takeback program, so anyone in possession of dangerously sugary, highly addictive Girl Scout cookies could turn them in to any Pct 5 deputy, no questions asked.
MarathonAg12
Come one man. Just making conversation here. Don't need to be overly cynical.
Aglaw97
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Aglaw97 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Dang solid idea.

Murder someone in Dallas and Austin. Get rid of the murder weapon via the Buy Back Program.

Thanks for the advice

Sad to say this is so far down the list of what's broken with Harris County right now.
Jock 07
AG
Libtard "law enforcement" actively assisting their constituents to destroy evidence of their crimes. Damn shame to see what has become of the county I grew up in. The insanity & stupidity used to end at the Houston city limits.
No Spin Ag
Deplorable said:

According to many on the right, any city with a downtown over a mile away from the countryside isn't really Texas.

That being said, like someone above mentioned, it is a good way to make easy money. So there's that.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Never thought I'd see this in Texas:

Ciboag96
MarathonAg12
Microwave Onions said:

Never thought I'd see this in Texas:

lol wow

Sorry I wasn't scouring the Houston Chronicle when I was 4 years old.
Scotty Appleton
No Spin Ag said:

Deplorable said:

According to many on the right, any city with a downtown over a mile away from the countryside isn't really Texas.

That being said, like someone above mentioned, it is a good way to make easy money. So there's that.

I do enjoy these comments meanwhile Los Angeles, Alameda, San Francisco, etc counties represent all of California
Kenneth_2003
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

There was a Blue Bloods episode a while back where this situation occurred. As I recall in the episode a witness specifically recalled the custom grips on a pistol and the detectives saw that gun come across the table at a buy-back. Think it was a sibling of the suspect that was dumping the weapon. Don't remember all the details, but an interesting episode.
Franklin Comes Alive!
Meanwhile crime in florida is at a 50 year low bc Desantis simply brought back law & order & held Soros backed terrorist admin accountable

Makes ya think
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Government bribe?
Gilligan
AG
Wasn't there a picture from one of the Houston buy backs that showed all the worthless stuff turned in? nothing could have been sold in a pawn shop let alone commit a crime.
No Spin Ag
Scotty Appleton said:

No Spin Ag said:

Deplorable said:

I do enjoy these comments meanwhile Los Angeles, Alameda, San Francisco, etc counties represent all of California

Sucks to be them. Lucky for me, and every liberal in this state, Texas is our home.
itsyourboypookie
Wonder if I can sell them a pistol brace
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I'm confused.

President Biden assured me that ghost guns were a real and present danger.

His goons even took a break from shooting domesticated pets in order to crack down on unfinished receivers (AKA paper weights).
2012heisman
Republicans have won every statewide election in Texas for the last 28 years (including every statewide election in the 2022 general election by 10-17 points). They have the mandate to make garbage like Hitler style gun buybacks illegal. Abbott, Patrick, Paxton need to stop poll testing every single issue, and show some balls like Desantis. Exert your will on the Soros funded communists and marxists that have turned Harris County into a crime ridden **** hole. Harris and Travis County show you that every thing liberals touch turn into *****
MizzMac
AG
1. Kim Ogg
2. Lina Hidalgo
3. Sylvester Turner

Heard enough?
MizzMac
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.