How are you celebrating Black History Month?

7,790 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Buzzy
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have thought about attending a local African American cultural exhibit or perhaps attend a lecture on African American leaders. It would be great to hear about their life and how they dealt with adversity.

TheTruthsLastHope
MarathonAg12 said:

I have thought about attending a local African American cultural exhibit or perhaps attend a lecture on African American leaders. It would be great to hear about their life and how they dealt with adversity.

Here's to a wonderful next 28 days of celebrating Black History!!! Excited to how the TexasAgs community will be celebrating this beautiful month!!!!!
CDUB98
AG
Same as any other, going on with my life as usual. I have bigger things in life weighing me down.
Rapier108
I'm not because its nothing but virtue signaling, same as we see in June.
Squadron7
AG
I am going to sit back and take pleasure in the fact that Dorie Miller got an aircraft carrier named after him.

After that? I'm sure that I will be informed by poseurs on social media what is required of me.
Demosthenes81
AG
I will endeavor to persevere.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i am going to boycott it because feb is the shortest month.

racism.
Franklin Comes Alive!
I'm celebrating the way I do everyday…

I'm not treating black Americans any different than I treat anyone else…

If I did treat them different I'd be no better than a scumbag piece of dog**** liberal
Kozmozag
It's surprising that they would except February as their month.
DrEvazanPhD
I'll get up. Go to work. Go home. Be a dad. Repeat.
MemphisAg1
AG
I don't know, after the first 45 of these or so it's just another label on the calendar.

As time goes by I'm liking less and less the things that make us different and would prefer we focus on the things we have in common that draw us together.

But that's just me.
Robert L. Peters
In my hectic life, I'm lucky to celebrate Christmas, much less an entire month devoted to reminding me how evil I am.
Charles Hickson Knows
Just had a Klondike Bar.
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
Muy
AG
Is this thread satirical? If so, solid!
FireAg
AG
Going to throw back a couple of White Russians...
tmaggies
AG
The same way I celebrate white history month
Muy
AG
Will we get a day off at work tho?
RWWilson
Let's all be condescending to people with dark skin for a month. That will make us feel better and assuage our collective guilt.
akm91
AG
Less than how I celebrated Chinese New Year
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Pizza
Not interested in hearing anyone talk about their skin color anymore.

I'd rather invest my time in learning from individuals who have overcome hardship regardless of their race.
Smudge
AG
I'm actually studying how history repeats itself. Got a good group of folks discussing and reading about the parallels. How african leaders/kings sold their own people to the highest bidder as they were seen as less valuable than the payout from spanish and european colonialists. We can see parallels with how our own government sees black people as more valuable as a vote and for political gain than as actual free thinking humans as smart and capable as anyone. The question is that now there is a trend for black people to be moving to the right, what will the institutions in power do when black people don't "behave as expected" and they no longer hold that political value for the left? A lot of compelling evidence that they'll be cast aside and forgotten. Or worse.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
TheTruthsLastHope
Smudge said:

I'm actually studying how history repeats itself. Got a good group of folks discussing and reading about the parallels. How african leaders/kings sold their own people to the highest bidder as they were seen as less valuable than the payout from spanish and european colonialists. We can see parallels with how our own government sees black people as more valuable as a vote and for political gain than as actual free thinking humans as smart and capable as anyone. The question is that now there is a trend for black people to be moving to the right, what will the institutions in power do when black people don't "behave as expected" and they no longer hold that political value for the left? A lot of compelling evidence that they'll be cast aside and forgotten. Or worse.

What's this alleged trend to the right supported by exactly?
b_rad
AG
Probably drink and toast a Schlitz Malt Liquor or maybe a Colt 45
BadMoonRisin
AG
I'll be lamenting that somehow marxist college professors have conditioned and programmed originally well-meaning students into malcontents that are seeking to undo the progress of the civil rights movement and are now pushing for re-segregation under the Orwellian terms "safe space" and "inclusive".
American Hardwood
AG
An entire month celebrating something entirely based on skin color sounds....racist. No?
Old McDonald
tmaggies said:

The same way I celebrate white history month
also known as ford truck month
captkirk
AG
February is the shortest month. Seems racist
Tramp96
I'm turning 50.

I'm not black, but I feel the world, black people included, has been blessed with my presence for half a century.
DeSantis 2024
YouBet
AG
Is this the month that we wear pink?
doubledog

I celebrated MLK day, does that count.
YouBet
AG
Tramp96 said:

I'm turning 50.

I'm not black, but I feel the world, black people included, has been blessed with my presence for half a century.
Racist.
45-70Ag
AG
By watching 87,000 new irs agents target those who voted for their lunacy.
NoahAg
I'll go shopping at the "other" mall.
Let's go, Brandon!
Tramp96
YouBet said:

Tramp96 said:

I'm turning 50.

Racist.

I suck.
DeSantis 2024
TheTruthsLastHope
YouBet said:

Is this the month that we wear pink?

People choose to wear pink during the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.