Based Ted Cruz Is The Best Ted Cruz!!

5,742 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Faustus
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
P.H. Dexippus said:

Here's a better question- what has Sen. John Cronyn done for America?

Cornyn's single accomplishment, as far as I can tell, is that he isn't a motorcycle-riding democrat *****.
CDUB98
AG
schmellba99 said:

CDUB98 said:

Hoyt Ag said:

Agreed. What has he single handedly done to make this country better?

I believe he argued, and won, cases at the Supreme Court which we would agree with.

As far as a Senator, I have to agree that he hasn't done anything other than vote. I'm not sure he's even put forth any meaningful legislation.

I dont want any legislation from either side, unless it is abolishing federal laws or ofanization. The argument of "what legislation has he/she done?" is a dumb mentality.

I understand your point on legislation and pretty much agree, however, legislation that would roll back ridiculous laws or regulations, or prevent intrusion of gov't in our lives is a good thing. Think of it as anti-legislation legislation.
Hoyt Ag
AG
That is my point. I get he has voted conservative, which is great. But I look at politicians based on what they are actively doing to make this country better besides lighting up Twitter and getting publicity. Like you said, if he lead from the front to abolish an agency or rollback regs, I would think more highly of him.
Urban Ag
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

Hoyt Ag said:

Agreed. What has he single handedly done to make this country better?

In case this isn't sarcasm, you need to review Schoolhouse Rock. He's only one (reliably) voting member of 100.

Here's a better question- what has Sen. John Cronyn done for America?
His dad was in WWII.

Well, that's what the commercial said.
jrdaustin
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Ted is fun in congressional hearings and Twitter but that's about all the guy is useful for
Interesting you think that. From my point of view, Cruz is a much better Senator for Texas than Cornyn. Consistently conservative, isn't saying one thing at election time to get elected and then doing the opposite the other 5 years, taking stands and being an audible voice on the issues of the day, etc...

Have you listened to his podcast? It's called "Verdict with Ted Cruz", and he does one every few days. Don't know about you, but I have yet to see or hear anything that remotely comes close to exposing the true inner workings in D.C. If you haven't heard it, you should give it a listen. You might learn something.

His podcast reminds me of the radio spots Reagan did in between his stints as California Governor and Presidential Candidate. Those radio spots separated Reagan from the crowd in the late 70's, just as the podcasts separate Cruz from the D.C. crowd today.

You may not like the guy, but saying he's not useful or he's ineffective is naive at best; or, a juvenile leftist attack at worst.
Dimebag Darrell
Rodney Ruxin said:

Teslag said:

Rodney Ruxin said:

Tom Doniphon said:

suburban cowboy said:

Ted is fun in congressional hearings and Twitter but that's about all the guy is useful for

Dude is probably the best senator in America.

Based on what exactly? Rehearsed one-liners for 90 second spots on Fox News? What has he done?

Been an ultra reliable conservative vote. That's quite literally his only job and all he needs to do.

Well that's helpful, given all the conservative legislation that is passed.
How do you recommend he control others? By threat of violence? I am all ears, just not sure what more he could do, aside from violence.
jrdaustin
AG
I'll also say this about Cruz. He's been consistent with his principles since the day he was elected.

Quite unlike many others in Washington - especially on the left - who's principles have morphed almost constantly depending upon the winds of the day. We've seen significant movement in "principles" with regards to immigration, border security, crime, drug interdiction, climate change, "diversity"... and many more topics too numerous to list.

I voted for Dewhurst in the initial primary in which Cruz won. Having seen Cruz's tenure in the Senate, there is not a doubt in my mind that he was the proper choice then, and now.
Squadron7
AG
With Swallwell the commies aren't even under the bed.
schmellba99
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

That is my point. I get he has voted conservative, which is great. But I look at politicians based on what they are actively doing to make this country better besides lighting up Twitter and getting publicity. Like you said, if he lead from the front to abolish an agency or rollback regs, I would think more highly of him.
The more nothing a politician does, the more they are doing to make this country great.

And frankly somebody like Cruz could propose a host of good legislation that reduces government, spending, etc. - but it would be a waste of time because it would die on the vine given what mold and mildew grows in Washington at the capitol.

As long as that is the case, somebody that at least makes an attempt to push back is infinitely better than the rest.
Faustus
Cruz has been a staunch supporter of Ukraine.

If his social media game titillates the Patriot crowd into submission that works for me.

Cruz is based.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.