WaPo/Leana Wen have discovered something interesting...

5,608 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I'm old enough to remember people being deplatformed for misinformation on this in 2020.
EskimoJoe
2020 called, they want their news back.
zoneag
Another former "conspiracy theory" proven correct.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'll take, "Things we've known since 2020" for $200

But it's nice to see the slow kids finally figuring it out.
BigRobSA
Dying with coincidence, as opposed to FROM coincidence.
Gilligan
AG
Back in the day one of the liberal rags printed a list of a thousand or 10 thousand names of folks who died from Covid.

Someone reported the 6th person on the list died in a motorcycle accident but tested positive in the hospital.

Then they found quite a few more similar cases.

Hospitals were / are monetarily incentivized to report Covid. Not hard to connect the dots.

Died from Covid is a number.

Died with Covid is a much larger number.

Should this be on the Covidian Board?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Also, there's only one person that was Covid positive but was not counted as a COVID death.
Sq4fish83
AG
Gilligan said:

Should this be on the Covidian Board?

Good luck if you try
EskimoJoe
the science deniers over there don't want to hear it
HoustonAg2106
AG
Kvetch
AG
Zobel told me that the data had to be accurate though because doctors signed the death certificates…
dead
Anyone here read the full article or are we going off of one tweet with two screenshots?
Zobel
AG
Kvetch said:

Zobel told me that the data had to be accurate though because doctors signed the death certificates…

I never said that.
Kvetch
AG
Zobel said:

Kvetch said:

I never said that.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3353679/replies/64037751
FrankK
AG
Zobel
AG
Kvetch said:

Zobel said:

Kvetch said:

I never said that.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3353679/replies/64037751

Ok? I still didn't say what you said. Read it again.

Quote:

Whatever flaws you may think there were in death statistics, at least there's a doctor involved who is writing what they think cause of death is, or codes for whatever symptoms and treatments people got. Then people who study things pull data in a transparent way, that they tell you in their paper, and make their data available.

I am sure there were errors, but it's a false equivalence to point to this and say "all stats on COVID are like this."
Kvetch
AG
Yes, you did. That was in response to me inquiring about your thoughts on how the data that gets used in all of the studies that you cite is skewed by inaccurate cause of death reporting. You specifically invoked doctors as a defense of the validity of the data.

The admission that there are undoubtedly errors in this type of data collection does not nullify the fact that you continue to cite studies that rely on this data for their analysis. If you believed the data was flawed at a material level, you wouldn't cite it as proof.
doubledog
Other Breaking News : WaPo announces water is wet. Bears **** in the woods.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
holy shznit i thought that was satire or taken from 2 years ago. are there still people making pronouncements like this as if it's breaking news ? we are so lost.
C@LAg
someone got headshotted above, but their brain was so damaged by the headshot they are still in denial.
annie88
AG
Yeah, she can go **** herself.
BadMoonRisin
AG
This woman has been dead ass wrong for nearly three years about pretty much everything.

And now she is simply flipping to the other side and pretending she wansn't completely ******ed for the last 3 years.

What is there to read? She's agreeing what was pretty much common sense 3 years ago, and we all called out, said it was a lie, and were called conspiracy theorists?

Your "lulz, u dnt vn reed it" carries no water since its the exact point that has been argued on this board for over 1000 days.
TexAgs91
AG
zoneag said:

Conspiracy theory? I thought this was fact in 2020

A propaganda paper is by definition not the decider of truth
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
dead
So no?
zoneag
TexAgs91 said:

zoneag said:

In 2020 you were called a conspiracy theorist if you said that Covid deaths were being miscounted by including people who died in accidents or other causes and were "with Covid" and didn't die of Covid. It was indeed a fact in 2020 but our propaganda media and big tech labeled it conspiracy.
Franklin Comes Alive!
The shocking part isn't people finally figuring out Covid was a hoax after 3 years of nonsense…

The shocking part is the people still doubling down on the inane spoonfuls they've been fed & continue to gobble down…

Only possible explanation is they just don't know how to live their own life without the establishment telling them how
TexAgs91
AG
zoneag said:

TexAgs91 said:

zoneag said:

In 2020 you were called a conspiracy theorist if you said that Covid deaths were being miscounted by including people who died in accidents or other causes and were "with Covid" and didn't die of Covid. It was indeed a fact in 2020 but our propaganda media and big tech labeled it conspiracy.
Ah, well there's your problem. Like I said - propaganda media by definition is not the decider of truth. They lie, hide the truth, and spew whatever garbage The Party tells them to say. Hardly attributes of any media worth watching. There were plenty of more reliable news sources in 2020 that got the word out that the numbers were the count of people who died with covid, not from covid.

To still give propaganda/state media any legitimacy has to be some sort of Stockholm syndrome effect.
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
AggiePops
Not a new discovery at all. Most here have long noted that if someone died of a heart attack but also had COVID that it was counted as a COVID related death. What she and many others are either missing or ignoring is that the CDC death numbers for COVID are counted the same way they are for flu deaths. Look up average flu deaths for the past however many years you want to look back. It varies a lot but generally averages 40,000-50,000 a year. If you pay attention to the details of the reporting, the average number of deaths attributed to the flu alone ranges around 6,000-10,000 annually. The rest are deaths where the flu was considered a contributing factor as a comorbidity. In other words, where people died of a heart disease, another breathing disorder, whatever, but they also had the flu. The point being, the stress of the flu aggravated whatever underlying health problem they had and weakened them too much to fight it. Counted as deaths due to the flu. Same methodology was used in counting COVID deaths. Yes, deaths in otherwise healthy people who died of COVID alone are far less than the total attributed to COVID related deaths. Shorthanded lazy reporting often just says COVID deaths. Obviously not totally accurate. Again, it's spelled out in the minutia of the details in the CDC methodology. Most people don't read more than a few lines, if at all, beyond headlines.
BadMoonRisin
AG
It's behind a pay wall and I'm not giving these idiots any money.
Serious Lee
really surprising to see shes not even 40 yet. would have bet money she was in her 50s.

all that lying must age you
dead
Glad to know you didn't even read what you posted about
agracer
AG
zoneag said:

TexAgs91 said:

zoneag said:

The data from the CDC in June of 2020 showed that of the (IIRC) 300,000 covid "deaths" at the point, 280,000 of them had 2.5 commodities, the number 1 being obesity.
BadMoonRisin
AG
dead said:

Glad to know you didn't even read what you posted about

Why would I pay money to read an opinion piece by a ******?

The headline and applicable quote are screenshotted.
Muy
AG
EskimoJoe said:

2020 called, they want their obvious back.

Fify
dead
There are magical ways to read the article that don't require a subscription.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.