They are coming for your gas appliances next...

9,359 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by twk
American Hardwood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

A federal agency will weigh plans to regulate and even ban natural gas stoves in the U.S., a top official said, over research showing a link between harmful air pollutants and the popular household appliances.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. said in an interview published Monday his agency plans to take action to address the pollutants, which have been linked to asthma and other respiratory issues.

Quote:

"Any option is on the table," he told Bloomberg, describing the pollutants as a "hidden hazard."
"Products that can't be made safe can be banned," he said.
The agency has already issued a request for information seeking public data on hazards associated with the natural gas stoves and input for proposed solutions, a spokesperson for the agency told the Washington Examiner.
Quote:

Trumka called the ban on new gas stoves a "real possibility," and said that given enough public pressure, the agency "could get a regulation on the books before this time next year."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/agency-to-consider-federal-ban-of-gas-stoves-over-health-hazards

This blanket statement can be pretty much used to ban anything. Just cook up a way that it can be used unsafely and ban away.

Clearly the objective is to eliminate all fuel alternatives for consumers other than electricity. Since naturalgas is a 'clean' fuel, this is the angle they are taking. It is unsafe to use.
FJB
AG
These folks need tar and feathering. We going to shut down restaurants, furnaces, cooktops?

Incredible the idiocy of these clowns.
TexAgs91
AG
As long as they aren't attacking us with guns, they are able to take anything they want.

They will even take YOUR guns if they do it in small enough steps.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
aginresearch
AG
Sounds like someone didn't learn the lesson of West Virginia vs EPA. I hope Trumka finds his way to a long and drawn out House oversight committee hearing.
C@LAg
it is also about hamstringing revenues/economies of top petro producing states, many of which vote Republican.:
Texas, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Alaska, etc.
Ag87H2O
AG
Amazing that we've been using natural gas in hundreds of millions of homes and businesses over the course of at least 80 years and it has proven reliable and safe, especially in the last 40 years, and now leftist find a reason to put a stop to it.

Hurting the O&G industry may be part of their plan, but despite their rationale of safety and environment, you can be sure the bottom line motive for doing this is giving them more control.
Sea Speed
AG
"Oh I'm sorry Mr sea speed, you committed several instnaces of wrongspeak this week, so you won't be able to cook your food until next month."
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
sometimes i wonder what will be the straw the broke the camels back.
Showertime at the Bidens
American Hardwood said:

Quote:

A federal agency will weigh plans to regulate and even ban natural gas stoves in the U.S., a top official said, over research showing a link between harmful air pollutants and the popular household appliances.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. said in an interview published Monday his agency plans to take action to address the pollutants, which have been linked to asthma and other respiratory issues.

Quote:

"Any option is on the table," he told Bloomberg, describing the pollutants as a "hidden hazard."
"Products that can't be made safe can be banned," he said.
The agency has already issued a request for information seeking public data on hazards associated with the natural gas stoves and input for proposed solutions, a spokesperson for the agency told the Washington Examiner.
Quote:

Trumka called the ban on new gas stoves a "real possibility," and said that given enough public pressure, the agency "could get a regulation on the books before this time next year."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/agency-to-consider-federal-ban-of-gas-stoves-over-health-hazards

This blanket statement can be pretty much used to ban anything. Just cook up a way that it can be used unsafely and ban away.

Clearly the objective is to eliminate all fuel alternatives for consumers other than electricity. Since naturalgas is a 'clean' fuel, this is the angle they are taking. It is unsafe to use.

If you classify CO2 as a pollutant then it's only a matter of time before humans are next on the list
C@LAg
lib govts are already banning these is new construction in several places.

e.g.,

https://www.kuow.org/stories/seattle-bans-natural-gas-in-new-buildings

The ban on appliances like gas furnaces and gas water heaters in new construction is part of a revised energy code that applies to commercial buildings and to multifamily housing at least four stories tall.
UTExan
"U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr"

The son of former United Mine Workers union president Richard Trumka? I wonder who gets the kickback?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TexAgs91
AG
I think everyone universally agreed that the Green New Deal was the dumbest most ridiculous thing that could ever come out of DC.

So how is it we're actually doing this?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Pizza
When is enough enough...at what point do people say no more.

My guess is when their pocketbooks finally start getting hit, but by then it'll be too late.
CDUB98
AG
**** these people
Owlagdad
If gas is unsafe, it is unsafe mostly in democrat controlled cities, where everyone gets their palms greased when cutting corners.
Once again, poor people, why do you vote for the very people who go in dry on you.
zoneag
It's all about putting the middle class American lifestyle out of reach for most people. **** these tyrants, the federal government has zero business doing this.
doubledog
According to thermodynamics, electrical furnaces (stoves) are much less efficient, when compared to natural gas. (neglecting transmission losses)

Natural Gas
gas+O2 --> heat

Electricity
Since a good 70% or more of electricity comes from the combustion of gas(coal) ...
gas + O2 --> heat --> electricity ---> heat

Basic science....

Maroon Dawn
AG
It's about Democrats forcing you to use the businesses and industries that Democrats are fully invested in

Simple as that
American Hardwood
AG
I'm guessing the strategy will be to come up with a bunch of new (and expensive) safety features that will push the cost of gas appliances past electricity, making them unattractive to purchasers.

No legislation "banning" gas appliances needed. They'll just do away with them through agency regulations.

Reminds me of the awful "safety features" of new gas cans with those terrible flow control devices that inevitably make you spill far more gas on the ground than you would have otherwise. Having to deal with those gas cans sure has made me consider electric tools.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

There will be bloodshed when they come for my offset smoker.
BTKAG97
AG
FJB said:

These folks need tar and feathering. We going to shut down restaurants, furnaces, cooktops?

Incredible the idiocy of these clowns.
They need a blindfold and a wall.
MouthBQ98
AG
Absolutely nothing to do with fire safety, and everything to do with environmentalists trying to stop the use of natural gas due to pilot lights burning or slow leaks in natural gas and the combustion generating CO2. They consider it "unsafe" for the climate.
Fightin_Aggie
AG

Taking heat away from the stupid liberal Yankees hasn't worked. Maybe taking the bbq grill will?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Our rotten government hates efficiency.
Rocky Rider
AG
Oh good - an electric fireplace.
...the Big 12 is now viewed as the fifth of the big BCS leagues by many recruits. (Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell; August 2013)

Already the weakest of the “Power Five” conferences, the league (Big 12) is hemorrhaging fans, wins, TV ratings and respect. (SA Express R. Bragg; Oct 12, 2016)
FJB
AG
TexAgs91 said:

As long as they aren't attacking us with guns, they are able to take anything they want.

They will even take YOUR guns if they do it in small enough steps.
They're definitely working against the populace on multiple fronts.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
javajaws
AG
This won't be decided until they find out how many Democrats use gas stoves.

Seriously though - everything the gov touches turns to poo. Remember incandescent lightbulbs? Yeah, those things that would cost $.25 and last for years? Only to be replaced by $3-5 bulbs with all those electronics built in that mysteriously fail every year? Yeah, that's saving the environment a whole lot there!
fka ftc
Then sprinkle in a healthy does of energy loss in those energy transfers and transmission. So green.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Shoefly!
AG
Nomenclature said:

When is enough enough...at what point do people say no more.

My guess is when their pocketbooks finally start getting hit, but by then it'll be too late.

Your pocketbook hasn't been hit yet? F these sob's!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I lost my gas stove top overboard last time I went fishing. Stay away from my house feds.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
American Hardwood
AG
The light bulb fiasco is very much like the EV push. Huge push to make everyone use compact fluorescent to save the environment yet the manufacturing and disposal of those things was an environmental travesty compared to incandescent bulbs. Thankfully LED's came along and at least gave us considerably longer lifespan than SF's.
AggieVictor10
AG
Come and bake it.
geoag58
AG

The left is creating an environment for an extreme leader promising to rid us of these authoritarian a holes
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
C@LAg
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I lost my gas stove top overboard last time I went fishing. Stay away from my house feds.
no need to come into your house when they can just cut the line at the edge of your property.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.