Siniloa Cartel Attacks against Mexican government and economic centers across country

6,048 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Build It
TresPuertas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

Jason C. said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

atmtws said:

Can we make a deal with Mexico to let us come in and eradicate them? I'm sure it would only cost 1/10th of what we've sent to Ukraine. More Americans die each year due to cartels than Russians.
Unfortunately we wouldn't eradicate the cartels. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan, we'd be fighting an opponent that melts into the populace, becomes unidentifiable and chooses to fight at the time and place of their choosing. There's way too much money to be made and it's a sh**** situation that is here to stay.

Uh not to mention the daily terrorist attacks that would occur in our own country if we went to war with the cartels. Imagine an entire small town executed on video and streamed to the internet. Every day. These guys will do that. We have a fifth column of probably 10 million citizens of that country living in this country. Think all of those guys are just here to mow lawns and pour concrete? Like others have noted, there is zero political willpower on either side of the border to do what's truly necessary here. A good, non-violent start would be radical changes to laws and enforcement of drug offenses here in the US.

I do know for a fact that the USA assists the Mexican military in trying to fight the Cartels, but we won't commit our own forces.

it's because they won't let us
2%er/New Army
RoadkillBBQ said:

atmtws said:

Can we make a deal with Mexico to let us come in and eradicate them? I'm sure it would only cost 1/10th of what we've sent to Ukraine. More Americans die each year due to cartels than Russians.
Unfortunately we wouldn't eradicate the cartels. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan, we'd be fighting an opponent that melts into the populace, becomes unidentifiable and chooses to fight at the time and place of their choosing. There's way too much money to be made and it's a sh**** situation that is here to stay.

It's seems like we should seal off the border, ruin their govt tourism income, and say not our problem.….
Ellis Wyatt
atmtws said:

Can we make a deal with Mexico to let us come in and eradicate them?
Who would make that deal? Our president is every bit as corrupt as the cartels.
deddog
AG
Captain Pablo said:

And yet here we were talking about moving Chinese manufacturing to Mexico

Lol
Still safer than some democrat ****holes
Maroon Dawn
AG
Democrats creating the next crisis right before our eyes

Funding the Cartels violence to create massive economic collapse in Mexico and a Tsunami of "refugees" to flood into Texas, Arizona and the rest of the southern states (now they can claim to be fleeing violence and persecution)

Then amnesty and voting privileges right before the election
YouBet
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Democrats creating the next crisis right before our eyes

Funding the Cartels violence to create massive economic collapse in Mexico and a Tsunami of "refugees" to flood into Texas, Arizona and the rest of the southern states (now they can claim to be fleeing violence and persecution)

Then amnesty and voting privileges right before the election
All the while saying it's the Republicans fault which is what Biden did literally this week.

Lying traitorous POS.
bam02
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I follow a few former special ops Mexican soldiers, its worse than what was posted above. And dang they have some nice weapons for not being soldiers

Eric Holder says you're welcome.
EastSideAg2002
Too many people addicted drugs in this country and spreading worse world wide. That seems to be the biggest issue as even as we take out cartels worldwide, the amount of drugs that come across the border increases.

The problem always seems when we eliminate one, its just a power vacuum for another cartel. I agree with others that it will be a mess given the amount of innocents that end up caught in the path of destruction as well. We also cannot trust most of the Mexican government because so many are already on the payroll or are easily blackmailed to protect their family.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Mexico needs to be cleaned up. There is no excuse for a country right next the U.S. to be such a s**thole. If any administration really cared, they would threaten the Mexican government to get their *h*t together or the U.S. military will come in and do it for them. What could Mexico do? The U.S. could hammer them economically as well. In a situation like that the U.S. would hold all the cards.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
TresPuertas said:

LMCane said:

Jason C. said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

atmtws said:

Uh not to mention the daily terrorist attacks that would occur in our own country if we went to war with the cartels. Imagine an entire small town executed on video and streamed to the internet. Every day. These guys will do that. We have a fifth column of probably 10 million citizens of that country living in this country. Think all of those guys are just here to mow lawns and pour concrete? Like others have noted, there is zero political willpower on either side of the border to do what's truly necessary here. A good, non-violent start would be radical changes to laws and enforcement of drug offenses here in the US.

I do know for a fact that the USA assists the Mexican military in trying to fight the Cartels, but we won't commit our own forces.

it's because they won't let us

What could they do if we really wanted to?
TresPuertas
AG
the question kind of misses the point.

it's true that if we decided we were going in they could do very very little to stop us. but you're smart enough to know that's not how this works.

at any time they could ASK us to come in and help, but it's pretty obvious there are people who don't want it solved. i guess i should have said they don't want us to, instead of they won't let us.
CowPieAndFries
It's a pivotal time in Mexico. As the quality of life improves the every day person has a better option than cartel life. In fact the cartels are now hindering their advancement. The military and or police can't succeed unless the people are behind them.

It is impressive they made a huge arrest and the police haven't let him escape yet. Instead it appears they are ready to fight back. If they can break the cartels the sky is the limit for the people of Mexico.
WestTexasAg
AG
gkaggie08
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

atmtws said:

I'm sure it would cost far more and turn into a huge ****ing debacle because it would be Iraq/Afghanistan 2.0 and you'd be *****ing about why were spending our money on Mexico's problems and should just abandon their broken and corrupt culture 10 years from now.

That's because you are thinking about solving this problem the way the US thought they could win in Iraq. This shouldn't be a democracy mission.

Instead, if the US were to go to war with the cartels, you have to go in with the same mindset we had going into Japan, just on a smaller scale.

I'm sure we have the intelligence to know where most of the kingpins are. Drop a few tactical nukes on their homes and bomb the absolute **** out of their production facilities. To really make a mark, a few predator drones blow a few high level guys up while driving.

Call it pokie o plomo
Heisenberg01
AG
gkaggie08 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

atmtws said:

I'm sure it would cost far more and turn into a huge ****ing debacle because it would be Iraq/Afghanistan 2.0 and you'd be *****ing about why were spending our money on Mexico's problems and should just abandon their broken and corrupt culture 10 years from now.

That's because you are thinking about solving this problem the way the US thought they could win in Iraq. This shouldn't be a democracy mission.

Instead, if the US were to go to war with the cartels, you have to go in with the same mindset we had going into Japan, just on a smaller scale.

I'm sure we have the intelligence to know where most of the kingpins are. Drop a few tactical nukes on their homes and bomb the absolute **** out of their production facilities. To really make a mark, a few predator drones blow a few high level guys up while driving.

Call it pokie o plomo

So let me get this straight. You are suggesting we nuke our neighbor to the South?!? You are as whacked out as those in the Russian state media.
TheEternalPessimist
Heisenberg01 said:

gkaggie08 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

atmtws said:

Call it pokie o plomo

So let me get this straight. You are suggesting we nuke our neighbor to the South?!? You are as whacked out as those in the Russian state media.
No to using nukes EVER again. No. And certainly not against our friends and family in Mexico (I have many).
gkaggie08
AG
Very small ones that just destroy the compounds
chickencoupe16
AG
gkaggie08 said:

Very small ones that just destroy the compounds

Even the smallest nuke does far more than destroy a compound. Anyone suggesting nukes should be instantly discredited.
jeremy
AG
The party that "really cares about people" refuses to close borders and allows illegal drugs and illegal people across our border at an alarming rate. Shut down the border, patrol it with guns and lethal force, stop drugs coming into America, and win. Also shut down all American tourism dollars to Mexico (don't know if that's legal or not)

Mexico collapses and comes begging us to help when the cartels can no longer grease the palms of all the city and state officials. Money dries up and American tourism and factory dollars become a welcome thing to the hard working Mexicans.

Oh and drugs become harder to get in America. Seems like we win multiple times over.

Also need some kind of incentive plan to rat out corruption. If we cannot change that culture, we can never win, nor can Mexico.

EllisCoAg
AG
POTUS coming down to straighten things out, all is fine
Build It
AG
The battle still going on in Culiacan. I'm not sure what caused the Mexicans to grow juevos and go after them, but they seem serious this time. Air support and bringing in more troops.

All that is closer to Houston than DC. If they get shot up there …….our border is wide open.

https://www.reddit.com/r/narco/comments/1066wmy/they_not_playing/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.