Siniloa Cartel Attacks against Mexican government and economic centers across country

6,040 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Build It
TheEternalPessimist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazy --- they angry over El Chapo's son being arrested.

Mexico has used attack helicopters and planes.... multiple gun battles to try and stop the cartels. In many cities they (the cartel) came in with bunches of trucks with mounted heavy machine guns on trucks.

Mexico City is usually pretty safe from this stuff - but numerous attacks in and around the city.

They are attacking government centers, malls, economic centers, and have been firing at passenger planes.

atmtws
AG
Can we make a deal with Mexico to let us come in and eradicate them? I'm sure it would only cost 1/10th of what we've sent to Ukraine. More Americans die each year due to cartels than Russians.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Too many government officials getting greased not to care. Hell this isn't even news on our mainstream media.
Captain Pablo
AG
And yet here we were talking about moving Chinese manufacturing to Mexico

Lol
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
thank God we had eric holder and barack obama. can you imagine how big this problem would be if they hadn't done fast and furious? great job guys.
Aggie Jurist
AG
Much like Chicago where many aldermen are on the gang payroll, nothing will change in Mexico. The Cartels own the governments of many states.
LGB
P.U.T.U
AG
I follow a few former special ops Mexican soldiers, its worse than what was posted above. And dang they have some nice weapons for not being soldiers
RoadkillBBQ
atmtws said:

Can we make a deal with Mexico to let us come in and eradicate them? I'm sure it would only cost 1/10th of what we've sent to Ukraine. More Americans die each year due to cartels than Russians.
Unfortunately we wouldn't eradicate the cartels. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan, we'd be fighting an opponent that melts into the populace, becomes unidentifiable and chooses to fight at the time and place of their choosing. There's way too much money to be made and it's a sh**** situation that is here to stay.
fightingfarmer09
I'm surprised they haven't captured a WNBA player on vacation and demanded the release of El Chapo yet.
bkag9824
AG
atmtws said:

I used to think the same thing until I started reading/listening to what Ed Calderon has said on the matter.

In short, he thinks it would be a massive non-starter because most Mexicans don't like us nor do they want us doing what you suggested. I inferred that we would face an Iraqi/Afghani style insurgency instead of being welcomed with open and appreciative arms. His latest podcast on Koncrete (I think) went into pretty good depth on this topic.
LMCane
watching Sicario should be made mandatory for every American in high school. it is chilling, reality and terrifying what is happening. but the left will never admit the truth

Bird Poo
AG
atmtws said:

LOL. Politicians on both sides are getting paid. Been happening for decades.
Jason C.
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

atmtws said:

Unfortunately we wouldn't eradicate the cartels. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan, we'd be fighting an opponent that melts into the populace, becomes unidentifiable and chooses to fight at the time and place of their choosing. There's way too much money to be made and it's a sh**** situation that is here to stay.

Uh not to mention the daily terrorist attacks that would occur in our own country if we went to war with the cartels. Imagine an entire small town executed on video and streamed to the internet. Every day. These guys will do that. We have a fifth column of probably 10 million citizens of that country living in this country. Think all of those guys are just here to mow lawns and pour concrete? Like others have noted, there is zero political willpower on either side of the border to do what's truly necessary here. A good, non-violent start would be radical changes to laws and enforcement of drug offenses here in the US.
LMCane
anyone who sees those videos must certainly be thinking the answer to them is:

completely open borders where any Mexican can walk into the USA and eventually gain citizenship.
LMCane
Jason C. said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

atmtws said:

Uh not to mention the daily terrorist attacks that would occur in our own country if we went to war with the cartels. Imagine an entire small town executed on video and streamed to the internet. Every day. These guys will do that. We have a fifth column of probably 10 million citizens of that country living in this country. Think all of those guys are just here to mow lawns and pour concrete? Like others have noted, there is zero political willpower on either side of the border to do what's truly necessary here. A good, non-violent start would be radical changes to laws and enforcement of drug offenses here in the US.

I do know for a fact that the USA assists the Mexican military in trying to fight the Cartels, but we won't commit our own forces.
Decay
AG
LMCane said:

watching Sicario should be made mandatory for every American in high school. it is chilling, reality and terrifying what is happening. but the left will never admit the truth

Is that where you got your real life cartel experience?

Also the original is the good one. The sequel sucked.
Irish 2.0
This is because they arrested El Chapo's kid I believe Wednesday. They captured him once before in 2015 and the cartel went to war in the middle of Mexico City(?) and they released him so the cartel would stop
Tex117
AG
Color me a little impressed that the Mexican military is still fighting them and haven't just released the kid.

That said, I'm sure there is another reason for the Mexican government to keep fighting and its not simply to keep "law and order."

Mexico is an incredible country and its a travesty what has happened to it.
Irish 2.0
Tex117 said:

Color me a little impressed that the Mexican military is still fighting them and haven't just released the kid.

That said, I'm sure there is another reason for the Mexican government to keep fighting and its not simply to keep "law and order."

Yep. Mexico has the resources to be one of the most thrinving and largest economies in the world. Too bad it is steeped in corruption at every turn
HumbleAg04
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Tex117 said:

Yep. Mexico has the resources to be one of the most thrinving and largest economies in the world. Too bad it is steeped in corruption at every turn

You just described essentially all of Central and South America.
ABATTBQ11
AG
atmtws said:

I'm sure it would cost far more and turn into a huge ****ing debacle because it would be Iraq/Afghanistan 2.0 and you'd be *****ing about why were spending our money on Mexico's problems and should just abandon their broken and corrupt culture 10 years from now.
Irish 2.0
HumbleAg04 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Tex117 said:

True. Brazil had its act relatively together. Not for long though
YouBet
AG
The culture(s) below us are wired to be corrupt and forever fail, clearly.

We need to close the border and pivot all of NATO spend to doing that and ensuring the security of this country.

The current administration are traitors for not doing this.
Dimebag Darrell
atmtws said:

This, and part of that deal is to abandon our toxic and dangerous economic/trade relationship with China and focus on partnering with Mexico for cheap goods. Build industry and promote economic growth and opportunity next door, thus reducing the constant influx of migrants into the US.

Pipe dream, I know.
Tom Doniphon
What's the deal with the casket they're trying to put in that chevy spark?
girlfriend_experience
Not sure where you heard that Mexicans dont like the USA or Americans? The regular people would love for the USA to rid them of the cartels.

Shooting at a jet taking off good use of ammo
Faustus
Tex117 said:

The "kid" is 32 years old.
Dimebag Darrell
Decay said:

LMCane said:

Is that where you got your real life cartel experience?

Also the original is the good one. The sequel sucked.
It may not be right there with the first one...but it certainly didn't "suck". Both great flicks. The first one just set the bar incredibly high.
JFABNRGR
AG
bkag9824 said:

atmtws said:

I used to think the same thing until I started reading/listening to what Ed Calderon has said on the matter.

In short, he thinks it would be a massive non-starter because most Mexicans don't like us nor do they want us doing what you suggested. I inferred that we would face an Iraqi/Afghani style insurgency instead of being welcomed with open and appreciative arms. His latest podcast on Koncrete (I think) went into pretty good depth on this topic.
I have been around Mexicans for 30 years, in my discussions with them, the mood has changed in the last 5 years. They all want US military in Mexico eradicating cartels. We fought an insurgency thousands a miles away more than once why wouldn't we do that on our own border in which is causing serious issues in the US.

Why because like somebody said above both governments are in on it. I left the war on drugs when I became aware of what was going on when the SAC did a PR piece in a Major US Newspaper divulging to the public the operation we were currently in the middle of; exposing our teams, the tactics, the general location, and even the technology we were using. FWIW that technology was allowing us to be very successful in detecting loads coming in. It was the front page in big bold letters of the Sunday edition, and we were off for the weekend but working that 2 days for DEA on another operation, when we saw it. We woke our commander up with a WTF?, he responded with fly back, gather up all gear and return to HQ operation terminated, but when we arrived on station he called back and directed us to complete the mission, the SAC apologized and we were going to receive a large sum of money from the FEDS for our unit slush fund. I resigned at that moment realizing the USA had no REAL intent on ending the influx of narcotics into this country. Still have the newspaper to this day.

Heres another way and just one link of many. Slap on the hand fines mostly with nobody going to jail.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/03/us-bank-mexico-drug-gangs
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Dimebag Darrell
ABATTBQ11 said:

atmtws said:

I'm sure it would cost far more and turn into a huge ****ing debacle because it would be Iraq/Afghanistan 2.0 and you'd be *****ing about why were spending our money on Mexico's problems and should just abandon their broken and corrupt culture 10 years from now.
All you have to do it drone the top bosses and their high ranking associates. And anyone who tries to fill their shoes afterwards. These dudes aren't hard to track/find. We probably know where the leaders of every major drug syndicate in Mexico live. Vaporize them and their families at their private residences. Turn their compounds and factories into absolute rubble. Then do the same with the next that pop up. Every drug lord that pops up lives in constant fear of fire and brimstone from above...and it's only a matter of time before their fears are realized. Whether you have to do this for months or years, just stay committed to fighting them from above with our fancy unmanned aircraft.

Of course, we will never do this, because it's cheap, easy, and makes too much sense.

One thing we can all agree on. They f-ing deserve this. Many of us know people who have OD's and died from fentanyl. It's the number one killer of people age 18-39. These MF'ers totally deserve torment and for their entire bloodlines to be eradicated.
Dimebag Darrell
girlfriend_experience said:

Not sure where you heard that Mexicans dont like the USA or Americans? The regular people would love for the USA to rid them of the cartels.

Shooting at a jet taking off good use of ammo
And he's just willy nilly aiming too....like he just doin it "for the gram".
TxTarpon
ABATTBQ11 said:

atmtws said:

Sadly AbattBQ is correct.
TxTarpon
Nor would we during the Bush II years give them killer drones.
Joes
HumbleAg04 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Tex117 said:

And they're all flooding in here.
Tom Doniphon
atmtws said:

We should absolutely be helping the Mexican people achieve freedom from the cartel gangs of that country IMO.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.