Elon running poll whether he steps down

11,473 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TheHungryDonkey
IslanderAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still think this is all a plot to check for bots.
B-1 83
AG
nortex97 said:

That would be one of the greatest trolls ever!
JJxvi
AG
YouBet said:

Justin2010 said:

Is Not a Turtle said:

He's 100% going to be voted out. I think he just needed to see how deep the corruption was, dump the bots, and create channels to trusted journalists to get the data out into the public.

Now he'll just set the goals and let someone else implement his plan.

I tend to think he's going to start charging more for ads, implement video feeds, and find a way to have live streaming. I think he's going to solidify journalistic channels, having seen the success of substack, and he's going to have a patreon/created funding space.

He wants all of the things in one, he's already said as much.

The problem with Twitter, as an advertiser, is it's just not that effective. It's good to get in front of eyeballs, but you can't still down into an audience like you can on Facebook or Google.
That's being generous. It's worthless as an advertiser.
It's useless for ads and invaluable for marketing. Companies should be paying Twitter a lot of money for the accounts they use to interact with their customers, and if anybody has moderation type influence to get rid of ********s and *******s on the site, it should be them.
AgBQ-00
AG
So he is going to step aside as CEO but he is still the owner...HMMMM...Thinking semantics takes the prize here.
No Spin Ag
. . . said:

Should I step down as head of Twitter?
Yes 57.5%
No 42.5%
17,502,391 votes
Final results

This look somewhat similar to political polls.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Dan Scott said:

Elon and Trump failed to read Sun Tzu. They went in gun blazings from day 1 they took over. They got to them.

If your opponent is arrogant pretend to be weak so they underestimate you, if they are relaxing attack and give no rest, if forces are united, separate them.

Sun Tzu people. lol

Demosthenes81
AG
Ivanka Trump for CEO of Twitter!

Let's make this happen!
hph6203
AG
bmks270 said:

I think this is how Elon has always been, just now his personality and leadership is blasted on Twitter instead of just SpaceX and Tesla meetings.
Yes. Of course it is. Elon's success is not as some master swordsman slicing apples and only apples from a tree, it's as an ogre that swings a hammer and doesn't care if some limbs fall on his head. His successes come from a lot of (mostly) unseen failures, learning, adapting, and implementing what they learned over and over.

That management style works great when the product is a physical thing (rockets, cars, tunnels) rather than a collection of people. Twitter the app is not the product, that product mostly sucks, it's the people and while they mostly suck on that app; they talk back and can choose to disappear. He has made some very large mistakes since taking over and has received backlash for it. That is not a way to attract advertisers. Advertisers are the blood of Twitter right now, he can make those kinds of decisions when he has a subscription base, he does not have an app to support that business model at this early date. They can get there, but it's not going to happen overnight.
43rd Street Posse
Dan Scott said:

nortex97 said:

Ok sunny, keep tap dancing on his grave. And get a life. Bless your heart.

Ok. Let's just blame everything on CIA, swamp, and media. Can't discuss what could be done better, always something else is to blame.
And stupid brainwashed useful idiot libs. They can be weaponized against anything at any time as long as their overlords command it of them.

These people saw zero problem with hardcore election interference involving FBI and Twitter COLLUDING to suppress vital information and also censor many conservatives. But now that the new guy promotes free speech, but is against doxxing and harassing others after a stalking incident involving his kids, the left all think he's basically Hitler.

The problem here is simply how stupid a growing number of Americans are. It's not Elon.
TexAgs91
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

So he is going to step aside as CEO but he is still the owner...HMMMM...Thinking semantics takes the prize here.

If that's the case, why would he tweet this?
YouBet
AG
hph6203 said:

bmks270 said:

I think this is how Elon has always been, just now his personality and leadership is blasted on Twitter instead of just SpaceX and Tesla meetings.
Yes. Of course it is. Elon's success is not as some master swordsman slicing apples and only apples from a tree, it's as an ogre that swings a hammer and doesn't care if some limbs fall on his head. His successes come from a lot of (mostly) unseen failures, learning, adapting, and implementing what they learned over and over.

That management style works great when the product is a physical thing (rockets, cars, tunnels) rather than a collection of people. Twitter the app is not the product, that product mostly sucks, it's the people and while they mostly suck on that app; they talk back and can choose to disappear. He has made some very large mistakes since taking over and has received backlash for it. That is not a way to attract advertisers. Advertisers are the blood of Twitter right now, he can make those kinds of decisions when he has a subscription base, he does not have an app to support that business model at this early date. They can get there, but it's not going to happen overnight.
He's a classic serial entrepreneur that happens to be a genius. Those people are wired differently. They fail a lot and succeed some/a lot.
hph6203
AG
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't criticizing the methodology, I was just saying that the vast majority of people don't have that risk/failure tolerance and so to them it looks like incompetence/recklessness, and they're unlikely to sign up to experience that during their free time.
Actual Talking Thermos
YouBet said:

hph6203 said:

bmks270 said:

He's a classic serial entrepreneur that happens to be a genius. Those people are wired differently. They fail a lot and succeed some/a lot.
It is a good fit for an iterative project like rockets. Nobody on the outside cared or saw much about all the rockets he crashed or blew up in the process of developing more reliable designs. Every time he blows up a rocket on the launchpad of Twitter, it's instantly witnessed worldwide and his reputation takes a hit.
Old McDonald
IslanderAg04 said:

seems more like tesla investors are telling him to stop ****ing around with his side gigs and he's gonna have to park his crusade to "solve free speech for the future of civilization" or whatever
Help_needed
Glad Elon is exposing what Twitter and the FBI did. Best he step away or the feds coukd come after him. We know weaponizing the fbi and irs aren't off limits.

I am sure our liberal posters that have avoided those threads have no idea what I am talking about but maybe one day they will read.
Rockdoc
AG
Old McDonald said:

IslanderAg04 said:

seems more like tesla investors are telling him to stop ****ing around with his side gigs and he's gonna have to park his crusade to "solve free speech for the future of civilization" or whatever

Do you have a link to this? Would like to read it.
Actual Talking Thermos
Old McDonald said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Quite possible the Twitter investors are telling him the same thing. He posted the poll after spending the day at a World Cup match sitting in a box with a bunch of his saudi backers. Seems plausible they strongly encouraged him to let someone more even-keeled take over and take the heat going forward.

I don't know how his loans are structured, but if he's got Tesla stock as collateral he might be getting awfully close to a margin call at this point too, what with the plummeting value and all.

It turns out that massively overpaying to become King of Twitter was maybe not a good business move.
titan
S

In a wicked regime, taking a stand is often personally not in one's interest.

Just an unfortunate reality.
bmks270
AG
YouBet said:

hph6203 said:

bmks270 said:

He is intelligent but he is not a genius, he is a whip cracker, unless maybe that is the genius part.
YouBet
AG
Rockdoc said:

Old McDonald said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Do you have a link to this? Would like to read it.
Turn on CNBC. It consumes much of their airtime across all shows throughout the day.

As i said earlier, it's like CNN and Trump. They are obsessed with the topic and have probably contributed to the stock tanking simply through self-fulfilling prophecy.
Sea Speed
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

Old McDonald said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Quite possible the Twitter investors are telling him the same thing. He posted the poll after spending the day at a World Cup match sitting in a box with a bunch of his saudi backers. Seems plausible they strongly encouraged him to let someone more even-keeled take over and take the heat going forward.

I don't know how his loans are structured, but if he's got Tesla stock as collateral he might be getting awfully close to a margin call at this point too, what with the plummeting value and all.

It turns out that massively overpaying to become King of Twitter was maybe not a good business move.

Pure unadulterated REElon fan fiction.
Help_needed
So who he hangs around is a big deal? Swallwell and Schiff don't want to be held to that standard.
Ag with kids
AG
bmks270 said:

YouBet said:

hph6203 said:

bmks270 said:

He is intelligent but he is not a genius, he is a whip cracker, unless maybe that is the genius part.
Those are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

SEE: Steve Jobs...

But if you don't like the term genius then use "visionary" instead.
hph6203
AG
Intelligent people don't follow marginally intelligent people into fires. Elon's genius isn't that he can sit down and engineer an individual part, it's the general knowledge base that he has about everything going on at his companies, and his willingness to make difficult decisions that are painful in the short term, but beneficial in the long term.

There's an anecdote in the book Lift Off by Eric Berger, where Tom Mueller (lead designer of the Merlin engine) is discussing his approach to designing the merlin rocket engine. He had previously worked at another rocket engineering company where they used ablative material (a coating on the outside of the rocket engine that keeps the rocket from blowing up, it burns and flakes off when it is heated). After several attempts with the ablative material, Elon basically tells Mueller, to change the design, and go liquid-cooled, because this is not working. Mueller wanted ablative because he was comfortable with it, Elon wanted liquid-cooled, because in the long term it was a better method for cooling the engine for re-usability. That is one of many changes that allowed SpaceX to drive the cost to space down.

Focusing on the long-term vision instead of the simple solution is what Elon is good at. He doesn't think about an individual task, he games through how that one change is going to cause the rest of the project to proceed. Over and over there are anecdotes of engineers working at his companies about how they saw him walk up to a station and speak to engineers with deep technical knowledge about what their job was and then move on with his day. That is genius.

Actual Talking Thermos
Help_needed said:

So who he hangs around is a big deal? Swallwell and Schiff don't want to be held to that standard.
I'm saying hanging out with his investors/creditors and whatever they discussed may have been relevant to his decision to step back right afterward.
Line Ate Member
AG
I am going to crack up if the appointed CEO is Kushner. Heads would explode.
will25u
fka ftc
Line Ate Member said:

I am going to crack up if the appointed CEO is Kushner. Heads would explode.
They would still call Elon an anti-semite.
. . .
TheHungryDonkey
AG
Tsla stock is crashing as he tweets and major investors are calling for him to step down from TSLA due to his twitter actions. That is issue

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.