Keith olberman has Twitter account suspended

11,759 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 2000AgPhD
PanzerAggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Whether Elon is being hypocritical or not I have zero concern with him suspending leftists on Twitter. They delighted in Twitter suspending or permanently banning all sorts of various conservative posters. Now that the shoe is on the other foot we hearing the pigs squeal about the "threat the democracy' and the "violation of the 1st amendment".

As I was told by many liberals over the years in regards to Twitter....."don't like what Twitter is doing then start your own social media platform". Well, back at ya' libs.

That's all fine but Elon certainly can't claim to be a free speech absolutist anymore

He absolutely can. Don't be silly. He merely has to take a play from the leftist playbook. Be egregiously hypocritical then lie about it. Keep lying again, and again, and again, and again, and again…… and voila eventually the lie is now the truth. Easy.
Showertime at the Bidens

Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

Teslag said:

When you showed up to play goalie.

Either you're really reaching out your reading comprehension sucks.

Elon claimed to be all about free speech "comedy is legal" and all that jazz. That's clearly not the case and it would have been stupid to believe him.

As far as doxxing goes I've been fairly consistent in that I don't support it. Hell before I was open about who I am, I was doxxed on TA.

Elon can do whatever he wants with Twitter because he bought it. That include unbanning or banning whomever he likes. Some people will stay some people will leave.

Pointing that out is hardly goaltending.

Doxing was never intended to be allowed, even as "comedy" as you try and defend it. Again.
nai06
AG
Teslag said:

nai06 said:

Teslag said:

When you showed up to play goalie.

Either you're really reaching out your reading comprehension sucks.

Elon claimed to be all about free speech "comedy is legal" and all that jazz. That's clearly not the case and it would have been stupid to believe him.

As far as doxxing goes I've been fairly consistent in that I don't support it. Hell before I was open about who I am, I was doxxed on TA.

Elon can do whatever he wants with Twitter because he bought it. That include unbanning or banning whomever he likes. Some people will stay some people will leave.

Pointing that out is hardly goaltending.

Doxing was never intended to be allowed, even as "comedy" as you try and defend it. Again.

The ultimate Elon fan boi didn't even read what I posted. What a surprise.

I'm not defending doxxing. Elon has suspended accounts for personally making fun of him, not even remotely related to elonjet. I even gave a specific example I'm my post.

Teslag
AG
Did they violate user policy or simply post a mean tweet?
nai06
AG
Teslag said:

They posted videos of Elon being booed at a Dave Chappelle show. It got them banned.
1872walker
nai06 said:

Teslag said:

They posted videos of Elon being booed at a Dave Chappelle show. It got them banned.

Liar
Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

Teslag said:

Even your own rubes at Snopes say that's unproven

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/musk-ban-chappelle-booing-video/
nai06
AG
So now you believe snope?

Keep wearing the fan boi badge proudly
43rd Street Posse
hph6203 said:

Conflicted on this. Keith Olbermann is a ****, but I don't know that this is a great way to build trust in a platform.

I need to know if he clearly violated agreed upon terms or rules first. A lot of libs seem to be doing this intentionally to push buttons or make some type of weird statement or just to become martyrs that go out with a bang.
43rd Street Posse
mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Whether Elon is being hypocritical or not I have zero concern with him suspending leftists on Twitter. They delighted in Twitter suspending or permanently banning all sorts of various conservative posters. Now that the shoe is on the other foot we hearing the pigs squeal about the "threat the democracy' and the "violation of the 1st amendment".

As I was told by many liberals over the years in regards to Twitter....."don't like what Twitter is doing then start your own social media platform". Well, back at ya' libs.

That's all fine but Elon certainly can't claim to be a free speech absolutist anymore

Goodness what is it with you libs. He never claimed to be a free speech absolutists. No one thinks you should be able to harass others, say the n-word, dox people, or make death threats. That was all boogie man crap YOU GUYS were saying would be out of control if he took over. He is for open discourse, not absolute free speech. Absolute free speech (zero rules) would ruin any platform in short order.
1872walker
43rd Street Posse said:

hph6203 said:

Conflicted on this. Keith Olbermann is a ****, but I don't know that this is a great way to build trust in a platform.

I need to know if he clearly violated agreed upon terms or rules first. A lot of libs seem to be doing this intentionally to push buttons or make some type of weird statement or just to become martyrs that go out with a bang.

It's effective. Look at the media this morning. Headlines about Musk suspending "journalists who covered him" is exactly what the antagonists want. It plays to their base, making Elon into the "far-right wing dictator" they imagine in their mind. They can claim he's a hypocrite for being a free-speech absolutist" while "banning people for tweeting videos of him getting booed" as evidenced by the lies espoused by nai06 above, rather than for a harassment campaign that threatens Musk and his family.

And by dragging Mastodon into this, it gives publicity to a competitor that would otherwise die on the vine.

It's a set-up that's being aided by tech and the media in an effort to destroy Musk because he took away their biggest on-line mouthpiece.
Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

Deflector shields appear to be at maximum sir.
1872walker
43rd Street Posse said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Goodness what is it with you libs. He never claimed to be a free speech absolutists. No one thinks you should be able to harass others, say the n-word, dox people, or make death threats. That was all boogie man crap YOU GUYS were saying would be out of control if he took over. He is for open discourse, not absolute free speech. Absolute free speech (zero rules) would ruin any platform in short order.

Musk did say he was a free-speech absolutist. As he should. But he's modeling that policy somewhat in alignment with the first amendment. The moment your speech infringes upon another persons safety, it no longer becomes free speech. Harassment campaigns that can lead to personal harm are different than being allowed to participate in open discourse, no matter how idiotic your position.

This is not that.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
nai06 said:

Says the little man that believes the John Brown gun club isn't part of antifa.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
nai06 said:

43rd Street Posse
1872walker said:

43rd Street Posse said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Musk did say he was a free-speech absolutist. As he should. But he's modeling that policy somewhat in alignment with the first amendment. The moment your speech infringes upon another persons safety, it no longer becomes free speech. Harassment campaigns that can lead to personal harm are different than being allowed to participate in open discourse, no matter how idiotic your position.

This is not that.
He may have said it, but I truly doubt he meant he is a true "free speech absolutist". Or he and I just have diff definitions of an absolutist. Under my definition, an absolutist would allow people on twitter to respond to a black man's post by calling him a n****r...they would allow the most vile racism and hate speech. Which would kill any platform.

You make it all about safety, but hate speech (calling black man n-word) and online harassment almost never rise to this level.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Elon: I want to promote free speech. Hate speech must be moderated.
Left: Elon wants to promote hate speech!
Elon: I'm banning this guy for hate speech. I still encourage people discussing ideas freely, as long as they don't threaten violence with it.
Left: Elon doesn't believe in free speech!
cityagboy
AG
Hypocritical
barbacoa taco
AG
Teslag said:

nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Who actually thought he would really stick to being all about free speech?

I mean he paid 40 billion for it, he can suspend whomever he wants. People will still call him out on it. He really wants to be adored and doesn't like people making fun of him (see the recent bannings of accounts posting videos being booed.)

Being so openly hands on with Twitter probably isn't great for his investment or his own mental health. But again, he paid for it so he can do what he pleases with it.

Not surprised to see you okay with doxing
But he isn't just banning people for "doxxing." <--loose definition of doxxing, btw, considering flight logs are public record. He's banning journalists he doesn't like just for being critical of him. And he banned a bunch of people for sharing the Chappelle video too.

I know it's a private company and he can do what he wants, but he bought twitter under the guise of transforming it into a haven of free speech. It's not that, and he's behaving increasingly unhinged about it.

You can applaud it because he's banning accounts of annoying liberals like Keith Olbermann, but I think we can all put the "Elon is pro-free speech" trope to bed. He clearly is not.
43rd Street Posse
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Elon: I want to promote free speech. Hate speech must be moderated.
Left: Elon wants to promote hate speech!
Elon: I'm banning this guy for hate speech. I still encourage people discussing ideas freely, as long as they don't threaten violence with it.
Left: Elon doesn't believe in free speech!
EXACTLY THIS. Liberals are complete and utter idiots and hypocrites of the highest order. It truly is a religion to them. They are completely blind to logic and reason...even the brightest of them.
43rd Street Posse
larry culpepper said:

Teslag said:

nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

I mean he paid 40 billion for it, he can suspend whomever he wants. People will still call him out on it. He really wants to be adored and doesn't like people making fun of him (see the recent bannings of accounts posting videos being booed.)

Being so openly hands on with Twitter probably isn't great for his investment or his own mental health. But again, he paid for it so he can do what he pleases with it.

But he isn't just banning people for "doxxing." <--loose definition of doxxing, btw, considering flight logs are public record. He's banning journalists he doesn't like just for being critical of him. And he banned a bunch of people for sharing the Chappelle video too.

I know it's a private company and he can do what he wants, but he bought twitter under the guise of transforming it into a haven of free speech. It's not that, and he's behaving increasingly unhinged about it.

You can applaud it because he's banning accounts of annoying liberals like Keith Olbermann, but I think we can all put the "Elon is pro-free speech" trope to bed. He clearly is not.
You got any examples of this? because I see him allowing a bunch of hateful and super critical stuff from journalists and high profile people to remain up. It's hard to believe any of you liberals considering the complete double standards you guys employ. Even if he was doing this, it pales in comparison to what your leftist brethren did...not even iin the same ballpark.

But I don't believe you that he is just banning journalists for being critical. Please provide receipts. I was under the impression that he was SUSPENDING people/journalists trying to track his location in real time or doxx him.
Teslag
AG
larry culpepper said:

Teslag said:

nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

It's for doxing. And it's no surprise to see you support it. And the Chappelle video thing is also lie, as shown in the snopes link.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Speech isn't violence.

Posting publicly available flight info isn't doxxing.
43rd Street Posse
Teslag said:

larry culpepper said:

Teslag said:

nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

It's for doxing. And it's no surprise to see you support it. And the Chappelle video thing is also lie, as shown in the snopes link.
It's in their religion to lie, provide false equivalencies, and dishonestly project the evil that they do onto the opposition. Even if he was doing what Larry Culpepper is accusing him of...it pales in comparison to what Larry Culpepper's people were doing...BUT HE'S NOT.

These people are absurd. Bunch of lying religious fanatics. Party above all else.
43rd Street Posse
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Speech isn't violence.

Well people live tracked him and harassed his family as a result, so now it's against the rules to post info about live whereabouts of others. I hope this makes you and all libs cry and cry and cry.

Such a stupid think to try to point at and cry "OMG he doesn't want crazy leftists who hate him and view him as Hitler to stalk him and hurt or kill him and his family! Hypocrisy! He HaTeZ FrEE SpeEcH!!!".

Typical.

Frederick Palowaski
AG
cityagboy said:

Hypocritical

Lol
43rd Street Posse

Speech isn't violence.

So he should let people call black people n*****s on twitter then, and gay people f*gs...and threatening and harassing others should be allowed...This is what you are arguing, right?
Showertime at the Bidens

There's a debate on Twitter now whether this information is publicly available. Elon says it's not. From other posts, it looks like elon's travel information is disguised but there are ways to connect the dots and tie it back to elon.

At the end of the day, Elon never said Twitter would not be moderated. He said the moderation rules would be transparent. He is being consistent.
Tex117
AG
Its funny....But if you actually care in the principles of free speech, then this is not great.
barbacoa taco
AG
43rd Street Posse said:

Teslag said:

larry culpepper said:

Teslag said:

nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

It's in their religion to lie, provide false equivalencies, and dishonestly project the evil that they do onto the opposition. Even if he was doing what Larry Culpepper is accusing him of...it pales in comparison to what Larry Culpepper's people were doing...BUT HE'S NOT.

These people are absurd. Bunch of lying religious fanatics. Party above all else.
lol settle down dude. did I ban these people? am I on twitter's board? how do you know my position on any of those bans?

Also why would you be okay with Elon being no better than the leftist twitter board?

I'm not okay with doxing. I dont agree that jet tracking is doxing because it's public record. And I'm pretty sure not all of these journos were doing that. They are just people who are critical of him. I know you applaud Elon's moves, I just want people to admit he's not a free speech absolutist like he claims to be.
Four Seasons Landscaping
I'm not a lib.

You guys are the ones taking the "lib" silencing and banning approach on this, not me. It was ****ed up when they did it before, and it's ****ed up now.

That's how it's obvious people like you think this is all just a game and don't actually believe in ***** You're taking the stance libs took and then think calling others "libs" makes it any more defensible.

Go back to cheering for censorship, you hypocritical lib.
43rd Street Posse
larry culpepper said:

43rd Street Posse said:

Teslag said:

larry culpepper said:

Teslag said:

nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

lol settle down dude. did I ban these people? am I on twitter's board? how do you know my position on any of those bans?

Also why would you be okay with Elon being no better than the leftist twitter board?

I'm not okay with doxing. I dont agree that jet tracking is doxing because it's public record. And I'm pretty sure not all of these journos were doing that. They are just people who are critical of him. I know you applaud Elon's moves, I just want people to admit he's not a free speech absolutist like he claims to be.
I don't recall you ever slamming them for doing MUCH MUCH worse than what Elon is doing.

And Elon so far IS much better than the leftist Twitter board. My point was that if he suspended people who attacked or criticized him, it still would not even come close to what they did. Maybe you need to read up on what Twitter was involved in. It is very very bad.

I never thought he was a free speech absolutist...only a complete idiot thought he was going to allow people to issue death threats or call others racial slurs etc etc. I don't think he meant "absolutist" in this way. We can split hairs all day, but we all knew there would be some rules and standards.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
nai06 said:

It's the media equivalent of an admission of a party opponent. It's not that snopes is remotely unbiased or trustworthy, just that when even they admit it, it means its probably a load of BS.
43rd Street Posse

I'm not a lib.

You guys are the ones taking the "lib" silencing and banning approach on this, not me. It was ****ed up when they did it before, and it's ****ed up now.

That's how it's obvious people like you think this is all just a game and don't actually believe in ***** You're taking the stance libs took and then think calling others "libs" makes it any more defensible.

Go back to cheering for censorship, you hypocritical lib.
He's not doing what they were doing, not even close. Whether you believe him being live tracked and his family being harassed is being "doxxed" or not, suspending people who report on his live location (or that of his children) to try to protect them from crazy violent liberals still is not even in the same ballpark as whet they were doing.

Yall are crying just to cry and you look ridiculous trying to bend over backwards to paint him as a hypocrite.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.