Keith olberman has Twitter account suspended

11,749 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 2000AgPhD
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spoken out against victimization and wokeness while he and his wife say this country is incredibly racist. He's not trying to end a perspective, he's trying to end a way of acting. Basically: we have a mission but the way you're going about it makes us look bad.
TexAgs91
AG
hph6203 said:

The value of Twitter is that it is a place to disseminate information. Like them or not, but those individuals do that and the platforms that they have worked for will view it as a suppression of journalists. While I think the NYT and WaPo are propaganda machines, the whole of the country doesn't hold that opinion.
That is why we are screwed
1872walker
hph6203
AG

Smart. This is the way. Temporary bans for anything other than the most egregious violations.

Make the rules clear, make the violations clear.
WestTexasAg
AG
Aggie4Life02 said:

C@LAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

Olbermann is the biggest dewsh in America.
TBF, obama is a bigger one.

Olbermann is worse than Obama by a factor of 50.
Secolobo
AG
C@LAg said:

all tied to posts about Musk's jet-tracker, same with Mastodon for promoting a similar account over there.

musk is flagging these under twitter's new doxxing policies.

That said, Musk needs to step BACK from Twitter. Hire a board to run it, but he needs to be hands off.
So y'all really believe musk sits behind a curtain on a pc monitoring Twitter by himself?
Old Sarge
AG
hph6203 said:

...aaaaannd somebody check on Barbara, her head might have exploded now, with a shriek of REEEEEEEE!
"Green" is the new RED.
hph6203
AG
No, they wrote a script to surface references to elonjet and links to related sites that surface to the top of moderation and he has made it clear that any violations are going to receive a suspension. No exceptions. To drive home the point.
will25u
Layne Staley
AG
No one of any substance or monetary value will miss them. I actually had less respect for Rupar than Olermann who is clearly insane.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Whether Elon is being hypocritical or not I have zero concern with him suspending leftists on Twitter. They delighted in Twitter suspending or permanently banning all sorts of various conservative posters. Now that the shoe is on the other foot we hearing the pigs squeal about the "threat the democracy' and the "violation of the 1st amendment".

As I was told by many liberals over the years in regards to Twitter....."don't like what Twitter is doing then start your own social media platform". Well, back at ya' libs.
Secolobo
AG
hph6203 said:

No, they wrote a script to surface references to elonjet and links to related sites that surface to the top of moderation and he has made it clear that any violations are going to receive a suspension. No exceptions. To drive home the point.
I know that but some on this board think Musk is twitter's almighty dorm RA.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Secolobo said:

C@LAg said:

all tied to posts about Musk's jet-tracker, same with Mastodon for promoting a similar account over there.

That said, Musk needs to step BACK from Twitter. Hire a board to run it, but he needs to be hands off.
So y'all really believe musk sits behind a curtain on a pc monitoring Twitter by himself?
Hey, even if he is, I can't blame him for wanting to play with his $40 billion dollar toy.
PhatMack19
AG
C@LAg
Secolobo said:

C@LAg said:

yes. he is reading every single tweet from every user himself.
hph6203
AG
He hopped on a spaces with the bannees to talk about it. Said he does not allow it, and that even links to outside sites are unacceptable. They said they didn't dox him (they did post links).

Then claimed that he doxxed Yoel Roth by posting his thesis. These people.

If you want to know how insufferable they are. Brian Stelter is involved.
p_bubel

Burdizzo
AG

mesocosm
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

Whether Elon is being hypocritical or not I have zero concern with him suspending leftists on Twitter. They delighted in Twitter suspending or permanently banning all sorts of various conservative posters. Now that the shoe is on the other foot we hearing the pigs squeal about the "threat the democracy' and the "violation of the 1st amendment".

As I was told by many liberals over the years in regards to Twitter....."don't like what Twitter is doing then start your own social media platform". Well, back at ya' libs.

That's all fine but Elon certainly can't claim to be a free speech absolutist anymore
p_bubel
mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

That's all fine but Elon certainly can't claim to be a free speech absolutist anymore

Did he ever?
hph6203
AG
Yes, and it was a virtue signal that he never should have done. I'm an Elon fan, but he definitely sees himself too much as a man of the people. Reality is some people suck.

The kid he's pissed at comes off as incredibly immature and even the journalists that they had in their discussion were biting their tongue trying not to say "Hey, you little **** this seems pretty gross."
Tom Doniphon
mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Start your own Twitter.
nai06
AG
mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Who actually thought he would really stick to being all about free speech?

I mean he paid 40 billion for it, he can suspend whomever he wants. People will still call him out on it. He really wants to be adored and doesn't like people making fun of him (see the recent bannings of accounts posting videos being booed.)

Being so openly hands on with Twitter probably isn't great for his investment or his own mental health. But again, he paid for it so he can do what he pleases with it.

Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

I mean he paid 40 billion for it, he can suspend whomever he wants. People will still call him out on it. He really wants to be adored and doesn't like people making fun of him (see the recent bannings of accounts posting videos being booed.)

Being so openly hands on with Twitter probably isn't great for his investment or his own mental health. But again, he paid for it so he can do what he pleases with it.

Not surprised to see you okay with doxing
nai06
AG
Teslag said:

nai06 said:

mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Not surprised to see you okay with doxing

When did I say I was okay with doxxing?
Teslag
AG
When you showed up to play goalie.
Jock 07
AG
7 days for dozing? I could do that time standing up. I think quite a few of us have felt the texags staff wrath for longer than that for much less egregious crimes.
leachfan
Jeez I haven't even heard his name in years. Thanks for reminding me
95LawAg
AG
USA - the world's soap opera. Neato.

Cancel culture! No, cancel culture!!! Free speech! No, free speech!!! 95% of our country is comprised of idiots and no political persuasion is exempt.
hph6203
AG
When you're in the 1%, 5% of people being smart feels like a stretch.
91AggieLawyer
AG
mesocosm said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Its SPEECH when the left does it but its INSURRECTION when Trump does it?
nortex97
AG
The tears are epic, practically biblical.

redcrayon
AG
Liberals talking about free speech on Twitter. That's rich.
nai06
AG
Teslag said:

When you showed up to play goalie.

Either you're really reaching out your reading comprehension sucks.

Elon claimed to be all about free speech "comedy is legal" and all that jazz. That's clearly not the case and it would have been stupid to believe him.

As far as doxxing goes I've been fairly consistent in that I don't support it. Hell before I was open about who I am, I was doxxed on TA.

Elon can do whatever he wants with Twitter because he bought it. That include unbanning or banning whomever he likes. Some people will stay some people will leave.

Pointing that out is hardly goaltending.
aggievaulter07
AG
Bastions of Free Speech you all are...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.