"CLIMATE DISASTER IS COMING!" - WaPo

4,310 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agent-maroon
Easy 8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apache said:

Mosquitos kill 1,000,000 people a year by spreading malaria, yellow fever, zika, west nile etc.

WHERE IS YOUR OUTRAGE EUGENE ROBINSON!!!
TRADUCTOR
No better than a $35 palm reading, but go ahead, push all-in
Big Al 1992
AG
BlueTaze said:

How to win a climate change debate:

What % of climate change is caused by man and what % is caused by nature?

How was there more drastic climate change before man existed, what caused it?

Are those natural variables that caused climate change before man still around today? Are they static or do they change?

Honest liberals and alarmists will probably label you a "science denier" before you get to question 2.

Also
What is the ideal temperature?
For places that are frozen, could you use some of that man made climate change to warm those areas up?
Why are all of the alarmists still living on the coasts?
titan
S

Ah yes, Mount Tambora. And old favorite study. To the above would add some of the volcano's extaordinary power seems to have resulted from the fact it was an exceedingly large hybrid cone. It appears to have started life as a shield volcano comparable to the Hawaiian ones, but then became a composite/strato volcano type with a change in magma viscosity to the most viscous and explosive. If you can imagine Kiluea morphing, you get an idea of how out of scale it was, speaking somewhat in layman terms.
ABATTBQ87
AG
The Collective said:

Why did famines occur in Biblical history?
Genesis 41

17 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Behold, in my dream, I was standing on the banks of the Nile.
18 Seven cows, plump and attractive, came up out of the Nile and fed in the reed grass.
19 Seven other cows came up after them, poor and very ugly and thin, such as I had never seen in all the land of Egypt.
20 And the thin, ugly cows ate up the first seven plump cows,
21 but when they had eaten them no one would have known that they had eaten them, for they were still as ugly as at the beginning. Then I awoke.
22 I also saw in my dream seven ears growing on one stalk, full and good.
23 Seven ears, withered, thin, and blighted by the east wind, sprouted after them,
24 and the thin ears swallowed up the seven good ears. And I told it to the magicians, but there was no one who could explain it to me."
25 Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, "The dreams of Pharaoh are one; God has revealed to Pharaoh what he is about to do.
26 The seven good cows are seven years, and the seven good ears are seven years; the dreams are one.
27 The seven lean and ugly cows that came up after them are seven years, and the seven empty ears blighted by the east wind are also seven years of famine.
28 It is as I told Pharaoh; God has shown to Pharaoh what he is about to do.
29 There will come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt,
30 but after them, there will arise seven years of famine, and all the plenty will be forgotten in the land of Egypt. The famine will consume the land,
31 and the plenty will be unknown in the land by reason of the famine that will follow, for it will be very severe.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Climate change will only swell the numbers of Central American migrants fleeing gang violence

Seriously...do any of these loons ever pause and think about this **** for even a second? Good grief.
p_bubel
Krombopulos Michael
You should dive into the Grand Solar Minimum before you discount the impending crisis.

Roughly every 400 years we have had big changes ( droughts, loss of crop production, jet stream changes etc.) you can see the parallels in civil unrest, war, and change govts throughout history.

It's not a perfect measure but it is definitely interesting to research.

Crisis can be defined by many measures. 40% loss in global agriculture production isn't humanity ending but it will surely cause unrest in places without enough food.
fireinthehole
Green uses CO2 and emits O2. Animals and people breathe air, use the O2, and exhale CO2, but not enough CO2 to supply all the green. Other CO2 comes from decay, volcanic activity, and burning of fossil fuels. The vast majority of scientists decrying CO2 emissions are getting paid somehow by the government.
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
BBRex
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

I still would have trouble sending money to third-world governments who have terrible track records when it comes graft and corruption.
As opposed to our first world governments who are models of thrift and virtue!

By comparison, yes.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
We don't want to damage those countries any further. So we should pull out all our businesses there and bring them home. They can live in Narnia like they want.
Buford T. Justice
AG
F the climate. I'm tired of this storyline being pushed on us. I love it when I am watching the nightly weather report and see that the record high was in 1913.
Central Committee
AG
What a load of crap.

When Obama, Pelosi, Biden, Bezos and many more all have seaside residences near sea level, it requires a suspense of disbelief to believe one word of that bull*****
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Trajan88
AG
It would be a "climate disaster" if my Klondike Krunch ice cream bars melted in the freezer before I ate them.

Truth.
one safe place
Eugene is a beta male.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If we give the countries with less stringent environmental restrictions more money so they can become more industrialized, how does that help curb climate change? That's ignoring the politicians and activists lining their pockets and assuming you believe we can change climate by these accords.
UTExan
The only efficient method to deliver money to poor countries in ways that benefit them is to recolonize them and have impartial first world colonial administrators rule them. That's the unfortunate reality.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
Bobaloo
Tis only an issue with white liberals and Eugene Robinson.
titan
S

Ironically, that's right. That would be the quickest way to get most fed and able to look after themselves.
AgDad121619
AG
How much of his salary has lily white liberal Eugene donated to the cause given he is a leading culprit - white male living in the US?

We all know the answer
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Have we reached the point of no return?

Yet again?
TAMU1990
AG
All of this angst is an excuse to raid our treasury. Biden gave Indonesia billions to fight climate change.
AggieUSMC
AG
Funny how the solution to all impending disasters to these people is more redistribution of wealth and increased government power.
annie88
AG
But it isn't.

Weather will be weather.

Seriously enough of these climate morons.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
agent-maroon
AG
WaPo is owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, correct? Where is the article of him pledging billions to bail out all the little mom & pop brick and mortar retail businesses that he drove out of business?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.