Dewalt debuts new electric lawnmower at trade show

7,837 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by torrid
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

GeorgiAg said:

I have a Ryobi electric riding mower. I'm not trying to "save" the environment, it's just awesome to not have to deal with oil, gas, oil changes and more noise.
You spent $3K on an electric riding lawn mower for your house because you didn't want to put gas in a mower?

He was making a choice between riding mowers, not between an electric rider and a push gas.

After years of having my lawn done and it looking like crap, I'm reluctantly going back to doing it myself. I just bought a 90s era 2 cycle commercial Toro. I weighed the pros and cons of getting an electric but in the end, I felt more comfortable with gas. Fire wasn't a huge concern but it WAS a small risk, although I wouldn't have routinely kept the batteries in there.
Rip*91
AG
New World Ag said:

My EGO can do it on one charge as long as the grass isn't wet.

It's awesome. No gas can, no oil change, no maintenance.

And no balls!
ABATTBQ11
AG
As much as people here love to **** on anything electric, gas powered hand tools would suck balls. I'd rather have an electric impact and and drill then some gas powered monstrosity. Accordingly, I bet every single person taking a dump on electric mowers and yard tools has a wide array of rechargable lithium ion tools in their garage using the same technology.

Got ten acres? Good for you. You keep using all that gas powered equipment that you need to clean and winterize all the time. For those of us that live in the burbs and use a weed eater, walk behind, and hedge trimmer for 15-30 minutes every couple of weeks, it's overkill and a hassle. I'll take convenience and reliability over overcompensation any day.
Gator92
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

As much as people here love to **** on anything electric, gas powered hand tools would suck balls. I'd rather have an electric impact and and drill then some gas powered monstrosity. Accordingly, I bet every single person taking a dump on electric mowers and yard tools has a wide array of rechargable lithium ion tools in their garage using the same technology.

Got ten acres? Good for you. You keep using all that gas powered equipment that you need to clean and winterize all the time. For those of us that live in the burbs and use a weed eater, walk behind, and hedge trimmer for 15-30 minutes every couple of weeks, it's overkill and a hassle. I'll take convenience and reliability over overcompensation any day.
Cordless 1/4 hex impacts and drill/drivers are great and I use them extensively. W/ the addition of brushless motors, higher voltage and ah li batteries, it makes more sense lately.

However, I'm not giving up my corded recip saw, right angle grinder and rotary hammer drill.

Cordless versions of these still have a way to go.

Also not giving up my Echo line trimmer and backpack blower nor my Stihl gas chainsaw. Low to no maintenance as long as you use e free gas.

Been selling tools for over 30yrs, and I've never heard of a gas powered impact. My pneumatic ones work great.
Ciboag96
How much to eventually replace the battery, assuming it is not consumed in a fire?
CardiffGiant
AG
That's called "Lil Scalper". That has to be race appropriation or racists in some way right?
Artimus Gordon
AG

Self propelled
Artimus Gordon
AG
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIj_2mt33s4hNro2x9Q_yMNJM1xXS4-Ksj_w&usqp=CAU

The GOAT
Houstonag
AG
If you like electric lawn mowers then buy one with an AC motor and use a long cord.
C@LAg
dewalt's new green leaf blower.

totally green, requires no gas or electricity.

and I said LEEAF BLOWER to stay in context to this thread.. no sexual connotation intended.
torrid
AG
2wealfth Man said:

EV's combusting in Florida after IAN flooding

https://nypost.com/2022/10/06/electric-vehicles-catching-fire-in-florida-after-hurricane-ian/
Well maybe some EVs, but certainly not Teslas. The Tesla battery packs are completely watertight. In fact, soon the whole cars will be watertight. And come with an oxygen supply. For the next hurricane, you can just drive right through the storm surge. Literally a submarine on four wheels.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.