Mothers against Greg Abbott abortion ad

11,304 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by waitwhat?
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Manhattan said:

I don't support everything democrats do… abortion shouldn't be used in place of birth control.

But it should probably remain legal because we have seen what happens when it's not, abortions still happen and women suffer.
So you vote for people who are opposite of your views?

Are you voting for Beto?

What is his view on abortion?

Seems like you have not thought this out too well.

Or you do not believe in critical thinking.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Manhattan
I would and could vote for Beto because I'm a straight white tax paying male so Harris co didn't purge me, even though they nuked my homestead exemption in about five minutes. But I'm not going to commit voter fraud.

If the only thing you care about is the unborn, how many abortions could have been prevented if Texas ever implemented Medicaid expansion? The number has to be in the 1,000s.
dermdoc
AG
And are you aware of what percentage of abortions are strictly for birth control?

Sounds like you are voting for people who do not support your views.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

I would and could vote for Beto because I'm a straight white tax paying male so Harris co didn't purge me, even though they nuked my homestead exemption in about five minutes. But I'm not going to commit voter fraud.

If the only thing you care about is the unborn, how many abortions could have been prevented if Texas ever implemented Medicaid expansion? The number has to be in the 1,000s.
Moving goalposts. Nice.
Manhattan
dermdoc said:

And are you aware of what percentage of abortions are strictly for birth control?

Idk, probably close to 100%?

My view is don't use the law to tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies.

And that women shouldn't get abortions. But the government shouldn't mandate that.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

dermdoc said:

My view is don't use the law to tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies.
Cool. So now babies do not matter? Women can kill their babies at their whim whenever?
TexasAggie81
Easy answer. I choose life over the butchering of the innocent unborn.
Manhattan
A tiny fraction of abortions is after viability, but that isn't even what Dems are talking about in the OP.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

dermdoc said:

And that women shouldn't get abortions. But the government shouldn't mandate that.
So which is it? Babies have rights when they are "viable"?

Or women "control their bodies" and can kill a viable baby as long as it is in the womb?
Manhattan
a person's rights to bodily integrity should come first legally.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

So then you think a pregnant women can kill a baby until it is born?
Manhattan
But Republicans aren't talking about viable fetuses, they are talking about forcing 10 year old rape victims to give birth.

Abortion after viability was already illegal in many states.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

But Republicans aren't talking about viable fetuses, they are talking about forcing 10 year old rape victims to give birth.

Abortion after viability was already illegal in many states.
How many times does that happen? And how many times everyday does a woman kill a viable baby?
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

Ok, so a drunk driver hits a pregnant woman, and kills the unborn baby. Is it murder, or just a drunk fender bender? When does it become viable? By your consent it's just an expendable fetus right?
Manhattan
The ad in the OP isn't about someone 25 weeks pregnant wanting an abortion out of convenience.
Manhattan
IslanderAg04 said:

Manhattan said:

Ok, so a drunk driver hits a pregnant woman, and kills the unborn baby. Is it murder, or just a drunk fender bender? When does it become viable?

It's the mothers choice not the drunk drivers choice.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Manhattan said:

Ok, so a drunk driver hits a pregnant woman, and kills the unborn baby. Is it murder, or just a drunk fender bender? When does it become viable?

It's the mothers choice not the drunk drivers choice.
So it is the mother's choice until when?
Manhattan
Manhattan
Until the baby can be safely delivered.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

So you disagree with the people I assume you vote for?

Has there ever been a dem candidate who said that?
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

So now we can abort a full term baby? I thought it was just a fetus, you know, bc science.

What if it was delivered after a failed abortion? It's legal to kill it in some of your liberal states.

Hell, in your state you can about at 32 weeks.
Manhattan
IslanderAg04 said:

Manhattan said:

So now we can abort a full term baby? I thought it was just a fetus, you know, bc science.

What if it was delivered after a failed abortion? It's legal to kill it in some of your liberal states.

Good, because as I said before you shouldn't have to get a lawyer involved. Say there is a fetal abnormality and the fetus isn't viable, you shouldn't have to worry about prison time to protect the mother.

Yes, that is an extremely rare situation, but so are abortions after 20 weeks.
dermdoc
AG
And I know the answer for that also.
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Manhattan said:

Good, because as I said before you shouldn't have to get a lawyer involved. Say there is a fetal abnormality and the fetus isn't viable, you shouldn't have to worry about prison time to protect the mother.

Yes, that is an extremely rare situation, but so are abortions after 20 weeks.

Abnormalities dont even equate to 1%. So comparing something rare, to something rarer. Makes sense in you head I guess.
fc2112
So it's the rape and incest that makes the abortion a viable alternative? So short of rape and incest, abortion is wrong?

I'll meet you there.
YouBet
AG
Manhattan said:

dermdoc said:

You should be perfectly good here then. The federal government removed itself from telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies by rightfully sending it back to the states since the Constitution has no purview over this topic. Thus, they are meeting your request.

And now that's it back to the states we have a mix of states that allow it and a mix that don't. It's federalism in action and the perfect compromise if you remove yourself from either side of the debate. If you happen to live in a state that doesn't allow it, you can simply drive or fly to a neighboring state.

Democrats have no leg to stand on here.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Just as Leftist would have you believe LGBT are 25% of the population rather 2.5%, so too would they have you believe that 90% of abortions are rape/incest/danger to mothers health vs 10% lifestyle/convenience when in fact those stats are swapped as well.

But of course no Blue check mark or #FactChecker will ever "Correct the Record" on this

For SOME reason…
Manhattan
Maroon Dawn said:

Just as Leftist would have you believe LGBT are 25% of the population rather 2.5%, so too would they have you believe that 90% of abortions are rape/incest/danger to mothers health vs 10% lifestyle/convenience when in fact those stats are swapped as well.

But of course no Blue check mark or #FactChecker will ever "Correct the Record" on this

For SOME reason…

Nobody is claiming that, but 10 year olds are being forced to give birth by red states.
dermdoc
AG
Manhattan said:

Maroon Dawn said:

For SOME reason…

Nobody is claiming that, but 10 year olds are being forced to give birth by red states.
So that is supposedly one person, correct?

How many viable babies, according to your standards, are killed everyday by the policies of people you vote for?
Manhattan
Idk, that's not the subject of the OP.
dermdoc
AG
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Democrats: letting hysteria and emotion lead them on every issue.

And Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, LA, and NYC show you the "success" of their philosophy.
Deplorable
Kids shouldn't have kids. Change my mind.

Abortion should be perfectly legal for like 8-10 weeks post conception.
Kvetch
AG
OG UNF said:

Explain why your arbitrary feelings on where life begins should constitute a deadline for abortion. When does it become murder? Why 8-10 weeks?
Deplorable
Kvetch said:

OG UNF said:

Explain why your arbitrary feelings on where life begins should constitute a deadline for abortion. When does it become murder? Why 8-10 weeks?

Because a reasonable agreement on what is acceptable is necessary to move forward as a nation, and losing the Union and/or TX to war along this divide is impractical.

Late term abortion is unacceptable to me. Morning after pills and ectopic pregnancies don't move the needle for me morally. Particularly with girls I their teens. So I lean over conservative on it being ok long before a child might feel pain or cognition as an ok compromise.

Edit - and not trying to argue, bud. I understand where you're coming from.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.