Mothers against Greg Abbott abortion ad

11,293 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by waitwhat?
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get what they're trying to convey, but I don't think this makes them look good at all. In the ad a Doctor explains baby is healthy with strong heartbeat. He goes on to explain there are potential risk but all the focus is on the baby and the baby looks great. Camera zooms out and it looks like a scared 14 year old girl with the caption "Abbott chose this." What do you choose?"

The ad to me promotes the narrative that abortion for convenience in lifestyle is fine. I sympathize with the rape/incest situation but this ad mentions none of that. It's just a teenager scared about her pregnancy and not having the choice to abort.

HumpitPuryear
AG
In the vast majority of cases there is no incest or rape and the mother and baby are both healthy. Abortion has absolutely nothing to do with women's health and it damn sure isn't good for the health of unborn children.
American Hardwood
AG
Considering how young the girl is, I expected to see Hunter and Joe waiting out in the hallway when the door opens.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

In the vast majority of cases there is no incest or rape and the mother and baby are both healthy. Abortion has absolutely nothing to do with women's health and it damn sure isn't good for the health of unborn children.

This is the correct answer.
I am always wrong
"Yep, strong heartbeat. Very healthy. A perfectly alive human being.

Let's suck its brains out, sell its organs for profit, and toss the remains in the dumpster out back."

-democrats
deddog
AG
It's a legit way for democrats to reduce the black population though.
Way more effective than their civil war to keep slaves, lynchings and Jim Crow laws.
aTm2004
AG
American Hardwood said:

Considering how young the girl is, I expected to see Hunter and Joe waiting out in the hallway when the door opens.

Or MTV.
ABATTBQ11
AG
So they're... MAGA?
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Dan Scott said:

I get what they're trying to convey, but I don't think this makes them look good at all. In the ad a Doctor explains baby is healthy with strong heartbeat. He goes on to explain there are potential risk but all the focus is on the baby and the baby looks great. Camera zooms out and it looks like a scared 14 year old girl with the caption "Abbott chose this." What do you choose?"

The ad to me promotes the narrative that abortion for convenience in lifestyle is fine. I sympathize with the rape/incest situation but this ad mentions none of that. It's just a teenager scared about her pregnancy and not having the choice to abort.

Why did they get a girl who looks like a motherf***ing TEN YEAR OLD?

These people are sick and their evil knows no bounds. Cannot say what I wish on them.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
IslanderAg04
97% result as, no reason or social economic reason. .01 % are from incest and .15% from rape. Modern day women use it as a lazy form of contraception and so they can keep their sexual fluidity. Total numbers are also skewed bc California quit recording numbers in the 90's. If they still did, statistically they would almost double the total of abortions.

17 states also use public funds to pay for it, which fkn enrages me.
Manhattan
Because 10 year olds now have to travel to a different state to get an abortion, it already happened in Ohio.
deddog
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

So they're... MAGA?
They think it's clever, like "dark brandon"

Proving yet again, that dems can't meme, and they can't do satire or humor either.
Ellis Wyatt
Dan Scott said:

I get what they're trying to convey, but I don't think this makes them look good at all.
Slaughtering babies doesn't really make them look good, either.
deddog
AG
Manhattan said:

Because 10 year olds now have to travel to a different state to get an abortion, it already happened in Ohio.
A 10 year old had to travel to Ohio.
Therefore, everyone should be able to kill babies right upto 9 months.

Yup, that convinced me.
Ellis Wyatt
Manhattan said:

Killing babies should be extremely difficult. And unconscionable.
deddog
AG
Hammerly High Dive Crips said:

These people are sick and their evil knows no bounds. Cannot say what I wish on them.
To normalize their President's behavior
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Manhattan said:

When people have to focus on the one in a million cases, you know they are clinging desperately to a BSC stance. Pretty sure in most states that would fall under "life of the mother". A ten year old giving birth is not supposed to happen and a very clear threat to her life.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
CoppellAg93
AG
Why are they called "Mothers Against Greg Abbott" if they are arguing for not becoming mothers ???
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

So that's 1 out of 1.5 million. Sounds reasonable.

Statistically how does that equate to 62 million?

You liberals love to use extremes to do some sinister ass *****
American Hardwood
AG

Dan Scott said:

This is where the ad fails. The intent should be for the viewer, in this case women, to feel a sympathetic connection to the person seeing the doctor to evoke the feeling "that could be me".

Instead, they went with a child which is not going to create this connection but evoke the feeling that this girl was the victim of a crime. While shocking and sad, isn't going to make the right connection because most women were not raped when they were 10 years old. After watching that 'reveal', I was instantly more concerned about finding the sicko that knocked up a child and immediately forgot about he abortion message.

The fact that the leftists did decide to put a child in that circumstance tells me more about them than anything else. I'm feeling a bit of projection out of them as if THEY imagine themselves involved in a child pregnancy situation. Makes me wonder how many pedo men are running Mothers Against Greg Abbott.
MAROON
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

Why are they called "Mothers Against Greg Abbott" if they are arguing for not becoming mothers ???

Yep, my wife says no mother in her right mind would kill her baby. Maybe they just want to kill poor and minority babies?
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
oh no
AG
these mothers are very passionate about making sure other women do not become mothers like they did.

I wonder how much money this PAC has raked in and who is funding them. They've made several video ads and have signs out everywhere.
Rapier108
oh no said:

these mothers are very passionate about making sure other women do not become mothers like they did.

I wonder how much money this PAC has raked in and who is funding them. They've made several video ads and have signs out everywhere.
If we could see their finances, most is almost certainly coming from donors in New York, California, and Illinois, along with George Soros and other leftist millionaires/billionaires.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Kvetch
AG
Manhattan said:

That's your defense of abortion? That is a case where the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother. It's also infinitesimally rare. Like you could only find 1 case out of millions rare.

Why do you like to murder healthy, innocent babies?
ProgN
Manhattan said:

Said 10 yr old was impregnated by an illegal alien. If your party actually did their f'ing job, he probably wouldn't have been here to rape her.
Manhattan

Manhattan said:

When people have to focus on the one in a million cases, you know they are clinging desperately to a BSC stance. Pretty sure in most states that would fall under "life of the mother". A ten year old giving birth is not supposed to happen and a very clear threat to her life.

Then why did she have to travel to a different state? This is what Republicans want, 10 year olds having babies. Maybe make an exception for rape if you don't want that….
wamvoss
So she can't put it up for adoption? But she can just have it murdered for convenience.
rwtxag83
AG
The Democrats bought and paid for the changes to Roe vs. Wade with their continued march to eliminate any and all reasonable regulation.

There are a decent amount of conservatives who could/would hold their nose on some reasonably agreed upon middle ground limitations on abortion time lines. For decades the Dems have been saying "NO RESTRICTIONS--MY BODY MY CHOICE!!" I truly believe if we could have had some kind of middle ground rules like no abortion after the first 16 weeks, or first trimester, Roe vs Wade would not have been overturned.

An abortion at 9.5 months, the normal time of birth/delivery is not abortion, it's murder. Clearcut, end of discussion. There is no reasonable person who could see this any other way, yet that is exactly what they pushed for.

Groups like Project Veritas worked to expose the true agenda and the horrific nature of the profit driven murder machine that Planned Parenthood and other major abortion providers actually do. Things that a normal sane person would be mortified by. The Dems just looked the other way--even the ones that know it's wrong morally. Not only did they look the other way, they fought for fewer and fewer restrictions, with the ultimate goal of state sanctioned murder.

All it would have taken would be for a coalition of key Democrat leaders to actually stand up and say "No reasonable person actually sees 'abortion at 9 months' as anything other than extreme. Can't we get together and hammer out something reasonable? Some kind of reasonable and well though out restrictions we can live with?" That never happened.

You can only push like that for so long before somebody pushes back, and that's EXACTLY what happened. Now the Dems are pissed off and looking for a fight? You got what you paid for. You had a chance, but you chose extreme. Too late.

Greater love hath no man than this....
bangobango
AG
Dan Scott said:

Uh, that's not a teenager.
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

Manhattan said:

Then why did she have to travel to a different state? This is what Republicans want, 10 year olds having babies. Maybe make an exception for rape if you don't want that….

So what if legislation was made and agreed upon to exclude rapes, incest, health of the mother, and health of the baby. This has been brought up numerous times, and yet your party still shoots it down. With liberals it's all or nothing. Almost like yall enjoy the thought of dead babies, and fronting the bill to the tax payers.

Why does you party also statistically target black neighborhoods? Racist much?
Martin Cash
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

So what if legislation was made and agreed upon to exclude rapes, incest, health of the mother, and health of the baby. This has been brought up numerous times, and yet your party still shoots it down. With liberals it's all or nothing. Almost like yall enjoy the thought of dead babies, and fronting the bill to the tax payers.
I'll ask this question for the millionth time. It's never been answered.

Why should incest be an exception?
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
IslanderAg04
Martin Cash said:

IslanderAg04 said:

I'll ask this question for the millionth time. It's never been answered.

Why should incest be an exception?

Honestly. bc if it's not, liberals would cry about it.
akm91
AG
Manhattan said:

Wasn't that story debunked?
94AGBQ
AG
I'm shocked they didn't have the doctor roll out of the room in a wheelchair. It's not like they could have sunk any lower anyway with this ad.
Manhattan
akm91 said:

Manhattan said:

Wasn't that story debunked?

It was confirmed and the perp is probably going to prison for the rest of his life.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.