Round rock isd

8,735 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Charpie
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Psycho Bunny said:

Never had these problems when I was in private school, then again... you get what you pay for.
your parents got ripped off.
kb2001
AG
GeeBee said:

Here's what $350k a year gets you. I think the RRISD superintendent is Joe Biden's study partner.

It was pretty bad. Poor English, coupled with the echo from the speakers and the opposite side of the stadium being empty, and he sounded drunk as hell
slatermikan
kb2001 said:

GeeBee said:

Here's what $350k a year gets you. I think the RRISD superintendent is Joe Biden's study partner.

It was pretty bad. Poor English, coupled with the echo from the speakers and the opposite side of the stadium being empty, and he sounded drunk as hell
Family was there as well. We thought the same thing, stroke, drunk? I get not everyone is a great public speaker but if your job requires communication skills then expectations should be a bit higher.
Captain Pablo
AG
Houstonag said:

Wow. He cannot even speak English. Round Rock, how did this happen? Did you not see what happened just a few miles south on I 35?

The school board happened

And more

Fellow board members censured

Citizens arrested

Forcing masks on children
Goose06
AG
I have a college friend who is campaigning for Alicia Markham. Assume she's a liberal. I've always thought this friend was a wolf in sheeps clothing. Always tries to present herself as a "moderate" but she always defends liberal policies and attacks conservative ones.
Come Out Roll
AG
AgBandsman said:

Tom Doniphon said:

I answered for them... and it was a doozy.
I answered as well:

Question 2: What qualities do you feel are most important for a Chief Equity Officer to possess in order to successfully focus the District in growing towards more equitable student outcomes?

Ethnicity, gender and sexual identity

Question 3: What critical considerations do you feel must be taken into account when screening each candidate for our next Chief Equity Officer for Round Rock ISD?

The appropriate candidate will realize that equality of outcomes is the most important issue facing our students today. We've already given our students the opportunity to have an equal playing field in the classroom, and certain ethnicities are still lagging behind through lack of effort, discipline or whatever. Now is the time to give all students an equal outcome regardless of effort.

WAIT…."regardless of effort"…..?????
WT actual F????
HumbleAg04
AG
It was a sarcastic take on the ideology of equity.

Equity requires equal outcome regardless of capability or effort.
Equality requires everyone is treated the same and their personal input determines outcome.

Equality = Freedom
Equity = Communism

Why you've seen a change in language the past few years.

RGLAG85
AG
GeeBee said:

He's not drunk, he just can't speak English.
Ellis Wyatt
Goose06 said:

Assume she's a liberal. I've always thought this friend was a wolf in sheeps clothing. Always tries to present herself as a "moderate" but she always defends liberal policies and attacks conservative ones.
What's her username here?
stetson
AG
EMY92 said:

Garbage like this happens when people ignore school board elections. It doesn't take much support to get liberal wackos on the board, then they push for this garbage.
This needs to be put on billboards across the nation.
FJB
Tom Doniphon
EMY92 said:

Garbage like this happens when people ignore school board elections. It doesn't take much support to get liberal wackos on the board, then they push for this garbage.

Amen... been screaming from the rooftop. Conservatives have got to be engaged at the most local levels and stop assuming "someone else will do it."
Old_Ag_91
AG
AgBandsman said:

Tom Doniphon said:

I answered for them... and it was a doozy.
I answered as well:

Question 2: What qualities do you feel are most important for a Chief Equity Officer to possess in order to successfully focus the District in growing towards more equitable student outcomes?

Ethnicity, gender and sexual identity

Question 3: What critical considerations do you feel must be taken into account when screening each candidate for our next Chief Equity Officer for Round Rock ISD?

The appropriate candidate will realize that equality of outcomes is the most important issue facing our students today. We've already given our students the opportunity to have an equal playing field in the classroom, and certain ethnicities are still lagging behind through lack of effort, discipline or whatever. Now is the time to give all students an equal outcome regardless of effort.

This school district apparently wants communism and marxism.
BTHOB-98
Captain Pablo said:

Houstonag said:

Wow. He cannot even speak English. Round Rock, how did this happen? Did you not see what happened just a few miles south on I 35?

The school board happened

And more

Fellow board members censured

Citizens arrested

Forcing masks on children

This!!!
LegalDrugPusher
Agthatbuilds said:

Is looking to hire a chief diversity officer and want your opinions

https://roundrockisd.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cRPMd4zEflztK0m

F manufactured diversity
jrdaustin
AG
Charpie said:

No to Zimmerman. I'm just not going to vote in the place
I'm afraid this election is not about the education of the children of RRISD, but rather whether indoctrination and establishment of woke policies is sanctioned by the public.

Don is a crazy SOB, but he's also smart. You'd have to suffer through some grandstanding, but he would vote to reverse some of the craziness going on in the District. You might want to reconsider sitting out that place.
TRADUCTOR
Zimmerman is excellent with budget for Austin. Brought attention to the ridiculous spending items. Be interesting for someone to point out the specific Zimmerman negatives
Captain Pablo
AG
What's the word?

Anybody stepping up to the plate in RRISD with PACs like Southlake?
Captain Pablo
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

EMY92 said:

Amen... been screaming from the rooftop. Conservatives have got to be engaged at the most local levels and stop assuming "someone else will do it."

If there was ever one for conservatives to get involved in, this is it
svaggie
AG
I'm in RR and raised my kids there. Go to church with Mrs. Slape and my wife is a recently retired teacher in RRISD. These are who we will be voting for.
svaggie
AG
Not all of them are trash.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Goose06 said:

I have a college friend who is campaigning for Alicia Markham. Assume she's a liberal. I've always thought this friend was a wolf in sheeps clothing. Always tries to present herself as a "moderate" but she always defends liberal policies and attacks conservative ones.
Does this friend work for Apple? I think she's conservative when compared toApple. Otherwise, she's pretty liberal.
EX TEXASEX
Agthatbuilds said:

Is looking to hire a chief diversity officer and want your opinions

https://roundrockisd.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cRPMd4zEflztK0m
Job Duties include " Promoting racism in all aspects of teaching, training and administration. Also enhancement of Marxist ideology in all aspects of the district. Teacher is not required for this job or most jobs in RRISD "
Teaching kids and teaching them how to think analytically is really not something they are concerned about. Like most districts nowadays RRISD is all about indoctrination and creating good little robots for George Soros and all the other one world order scumbags. Little robots that dutifully vote Democrat every single election no matter how worthless the candidate is .
#FJB
Ag_EE_88
AG
GeeBee said:

Don't forget the current board just gave him an extension and a bonus too. Current board needs to go. Their decision making skills are awful.
EX TEXASEX
It has really become apparent lately that school districts have NOTHING to do with education !! That is not why they are there. In the past yes, but those days are long gone like phone booths and 8 track cassettes !!!
#FJB
Ferg
DD88 said:

My opinion is that you should vote out the five corrupt current members and replace them with:
Keagy (place 1)
Salinas (place 3)
Farris (place 4)
Slape (place 5)
Zimmerman (place 6)

EDIT: The above slate was endorsed by the Travis County Republican Party (TCRP) and the Texas State Republican Executive Committee (SREC - 62 members elected from the 31 Senatorial Districts across Texas).

Keep Bone (place 2) and Weston (place 7) because they were the only two to fight against this garbage.
Do you vote for all 5, or is the district split up geographically like a house of reps?

Also are Bone and Weston on the ballot, or not up this time?
General Omar

We live in her neighborhood...she has a Beto sign in her yard if that tells you anything
General Omar '79
CardiffGiant
AG
EMY92 said:

Why does this not have 1,000,000 stars by now?
TyHolden
AG
RR is blue now...go asstin. you earned it.
Captain Pablo
AG
Ferg said:

DD88 said:

My opinion is that you should vote out the five corrupt current members and replace them with:
Keagy (place 1)
Salinas (place 3)
Farris (place 4)
Slape (place 5)
Zimmerman (place 6)

EDIT: The above slate was endorsed by the Travis County Republican Party (TCRP) and the Texas State Republican Executive Committee (SREC - 62 members elected from the 31 Senatorial Districts across Texas).

Keep Bone (place 2) and Weston (place 7) because they were the only two to fight against this garbage.
Do you vote for all 5, or is the district split up geographically like a house of reps?

Bone and Weston are not on the ballot
c-jags
Tramp96 said:

I miss the days when Williamson County was still a staunch red county up against the trash blue Travis.

Is Bell County the next to fall?
we're getting a bit sketchy. and it's usually WillCo or Austin area people moving here.

my neighborhood in the northside (which is an art/historic district) tends to be more liberal. the abundance of trans flags, "in this house we believe," etc. has increased greatly. few beto signs. we've definitely had a more militant lgbt group move in and they're all from out of town.

the interesting thing is that we'll have Hugh Shine (republican state rep and great guy) signs, a republican county judge sign, and a Beto sign in the same yard.

which indicates that most people want good conservative politics locally but are happy with Beto, which runs counter to the local guys. Not sure what that means.

that being said, as much as i don't love John Carter, he's running unopposed, which is embarrassing for the democrats. he would have lost the last two elections if it were up to WillCo.
c-jags
GeeBee said:

i can't believe they kept that guy after the assault charges.

why in the hell would you even ENTERTAIN his candidacy when that was looming?
AgGrad99
AG
It's really incredible.

The guy is a mess. Even the search firm they hired publicly stated they would not have recommended him, if they'd known about the additional information, which eventually came out.

The board initially put him through expeditiously to avoid any due scrutiny. They tried to censure the 2 board members who spoke up about it, and then still, after learning all they did, kept him as Superintendent. It's hard to imagine or explain why that makes sense.

(in the video, it's the feedback messing with him)
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

we're getting a bit sketchy. and it's usually WillCo or Austin area people moving here.
Austin's become way to expensive, and the schools are terrible for the most part. So they move up north.

And...the schools start to look like the ones they wanted to leave. Imagine that.
Ferg
Captain Pablo said:

Ferg said:

DD88 said:

Keagy (place 1)
Salinas (place 3)
Farris (place 4)
Slape (place 5)
Zimmerman (place 6)

Bone and Weston are not on the ballot
i got a flyer on my door with 3 of the names above but Linda Avila for place 4. It came with a second flyer for just Avila. Is she a Democrat trying to ride the coattails of the Republicans for the other places?
Charpie
AG
From everything I've heard, yes
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.